Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BDG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

boxen posted:

OH NO THEY'RE ALL STUCK IN THE GREEN ROOM AGAIN

Honestly, I could see it being a Dropout Escape Room thing.

He was on Make Some Noise last season!

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Are you talking about the guy next to Sam? I think that's Michael Schaubach.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nope, that's BDG, he's got the big hair look right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYtZ7GFV9ys

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

boxen posted:

Love BDG immensely, very glad to see him doing more Dropout stuff, but Schaubach is always going to be mustache champ in that crowd IMO.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

boxen posted:

Nah it's BDG

https://twitter.com/rekhalshankar/status/1661156569772621825

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
Whatever is happening that involves that combination of people can only be amazing. I'm definitely interested.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

He was on Make Some Noise last season!

He was also in a Fantasy High one-shot! The Brooklyn live episode, Murph and Emily were away and he filled in the spot.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Nope, that's BDG, he's got the big hair look right now.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Nah it's BDG

Huh, apparently I couldn't see past the glorious facial hair. Oh well, I enjoy both of their work!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

MikeJF posted:

He was also in a Fantasy High one-shot! The Brooklyn live episode, Murph and Emily were away and he filled in the spot.

He also was in dirty laundry (Along with Ify) and multiple um actually episodes (again with Ify)

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I'm here for anything involving Ify and Rehka already, but I also am excited to see BDG making cool contacts and getting work after he moved to Los Angeles.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Holy poo poo ravening war episode 3 is intense. That ambush worked so well, but nobody walked away from that one feeling good. The look on Brennan's face when he got his HDYWTDT and watching his face sink was just, oof.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

DeathSandwich posted:

Holy poo poo ravening war episode 3 is intense. That ambush worked so well, but nobody walked away from that one feeling good. The look on Brennan's face when he got his HDYWTDT and watching his face sink was just, oof.

"I'm killing her for a second time: the first as Brennan, writing that she died during the Ravening War and the second, right now." Which is really, kind of wild.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Brennan's emotional journey during this whole episode was just :discourse:

Excited for the followup AP today.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Pouring out a cold one for Totally Not A Spy rowboat banana and the sweet innocent mushroom.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i am enjoying aabria playing a character that is just enthusiastically Evil

also this is a fun interview with the main dimension20 director about lots of behind the scenes stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2jZ6c9Gb5k

eke out fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 26, 2023

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The adventuring party yesterday confirmed we're getting another time-skip, so it'll be interesting to see what some of the more Machiavellian have been up to. Brennan in particular said that he's not sure where Raphaniel will go from here, so it could get quite wild. Since the character seems quite upset about being 'used' in a different way than he was expecting, and now he has the identify of one of the FDA, I could easily see him spending a few years getting pieces in place to have her taken out with plausible deniability. But, drat, imagine how hard that would be, since literally anyone could be in the FDA and he's not one to move openly... ever.

Or maybe, like he joked, he'll go full hermit.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

run on sentience posted:

Pouring out a cold one for Totally Not A Spy rowboat banana and the sweet innocent mushroom.

Question about one of the new things introduced in ep 3 referenced above: Is Fungusland a Mercer invention? I feel like Brennan could easily have been so concerned with surface and heavenly dealings that he never thought about having a whole symbiotic society belowground.

Regarding the newly-known movers and shakers, I have a creeping hunch that Cal Cruller was definitely part of the FDA, right? He was doing so much to cause chaos. I was seriously on the edge of my seat during the reveal of their motivations, it's such a fantastic vise to put the characters in. Maybe prevent an apocalypse that there's no proof for, but sink conditions for the living into misery? Or try to restore and preserve peace in the mortal realm, but perhaps only for a short time if they fail to recognize the signs of doom? It's BEAUTIFUL.

The combat setup was outstanding IMO - managing to force at least a little close-quarters fighting while still leaving a lot of escape routes to cover. I did call the twist, (inserting space to conceal spoiler length) pretty early. I still think Brennan is an overall better DM for my money (and a better accent guy, Paul Hollywood's accent kept going on jaunts to Scotland and the Scotch stop over in Ireland sometimes), but Mercer is quickly earning my respect after I bounced off CR years ago.

I haven't watched anything with Anjali before, but I am HIGHLY impressed with her. Pretty bulletproof accents, too.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

CK07 posted:

Question about one of the new things introduced in ep 3 referenced above: Is Fungusland a Mercer invention? I feel like Brennan could easily have been so concerned with surface and heavenly dealings that he never thought about having a whole symbiotic society belowground.

Regarding the newly-known movers and shakers, I have a creeping hunch that Cal Cruller was definitely part of the FDA, right? He was doing so much to cause chaos. I was seriously on the edge of my seat during the reveal of their motivations, it's such a fantastic vise to put the characters in. Maybe prevent an apocalypse that there's no proof for, but sink conditions for the living into misery? Or try to restore and preserve peace in the mortal realm, but perhaps only for a short time if they fail to recognize the signs of doom? It's BEAUTIFUL.

The combat setup was outstanding IMO - managing to force at least a little close-quarters fighting while still leaving a lot of escape routes to cover. I did call the twist, (inserting space to conceal spoiler length) pretty early. I still think Brennan is an overall better DM for my money (and a better accent guy, Paul Hollywood's accent kept going on jaunts to Scotland and the Scotch stop over in Ireland sometimes), but Mercer is quickly earning my respect after I bounced off CR years ago.

I haven't watched anything with Anjali before, but I am HIGHLY impressed with her. Pretty bulletproof accents, too.

I could see Cruller being part of the FDA but also I don't think we're gonna know outside of Mercer and Mulligan just saying "Oh yeah, probably" since him appearing in this season could result in a time paradox.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
New Breaking News trailer. The season starts 12th of June.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I hope they don't focus too much on Amy and bring in new people more than old hands.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

has Ify or Wysocki been on breaking news yet?

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

double nine posted:

I hope they don't focus too much on Amy and bring in new people more than old hands.

The trailer seemed to show a lot of new (to BN) faces as well as faves like Lily, Erika, and Trapp. Sam's wife is back as well, she's great on this format.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

has Ify or Wysocki been on breaking news yet?

I don't think so.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
The GC cut for time ep is brilliant and cute and, I think, mostly vindicates the editing decisions made...

... except we could have had an episode where Ally, Zac, Jacob, and a cameraperson go on a wholesome road trip, and it got cut?!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The videos from "family members" are some of my favorite things that Game Changer has ever done. It's completely harmless and funny while making me uncomfortable in my soul. It strikes me as a Nathan Fielder bit but less insane.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I don't think so.

Ify has been, Lily Du was his co-anchor. Jacob has not to the best of my knowledge

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

CK07 posted:

In the adventuring party, Brennan mentioned the fungus and rot people were written into the ACOC story and the party back then just never went for any of the hooks that would of brought them in. If I had to guess they would be the equivalent of Greyscale lepers in game of thrones the ACOC gang could of encountered had they gone underground when either fleeing the capital or fleeing the castle after Cruller's betrayal.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 30, 2023

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

In the adventuring party, Brennan mentioned the fungus and rot people were written into the ACOC story and the party back then just never went for any of the hooks that would of brought them in. If I had to guess they would be the equivalent of Greyscale lepers in game of thrones the ACOC gang could of encountered had they gone underground when either fleeing the capital or fleeing the castle after Cruller's betrayal.

Oh huh, I missed that part of the AP entirely I guess!! Was that for the most recent ep?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

CK07 posted:

Oh huh, I missed that part of the AP entirely I guess!! Was that for the most recent ep?

If it wasn't this last AP episode, I know for sure he's talked about it somewhere before.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

If it wasn't this last AP episode, I know for sure he's talked about it somewhere before.

Ravening War Spoilers:
I thought the inclusion of a fungus-themed people/entity was interesting, if we follow the food theme a fungus/mold could be something that happens to food to make it "bad"/inedible (maybe saving it from The Hungry One?), or there's even just straight up mushrooms like a portobello that's a food itself. Really curious to see where that goes, and I'm happy that it's Brennan's scheming character who might get into it.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The new Play It By Ear is so fuckin' dumb. I love it oh my god but it's SO fuckin' dumb. Maybe the dumbest I have seen an improv musical ever get.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Max Peck posted:

The GC cut for time ep is brilliant and cute and, I think, mostly vindicates the editing decisions made...

... except we could have had an episode where Ally, Zac, Jacob, and a cameraperson go on a wholesome road trip, and it got cut?!
Grant was the last person I expected to make an Epstein joke

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I hope every episode of Breaking News has Amy until she finally breaks 100 laughs in one episode. She's come so, so close in the past.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Wungus posted:

The new Play It By Ear is so fuckin' dumb. I love it oh my god but it's SO fuckin' dumb. Maybe the dumbest I have seen an improv musical ever get.

The revelation of how old Jerry was made the episode great.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

Grant was the last person I expected to make an Epstein joke

Why?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Emily and Omar are part of a Zelda one-shot over on Critical Role tonight, fyi

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1663621298843684864

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I can't believe how good The Ravening War is. This episode was all good but the last hour or so was crazy. Colin babysitting Raphaniel who Brennan played so loving nuts. The comment about a cheese and radish smoothie wtf, it was so funny and wild. And Amathar and Manta Ray Jack! Also most importantly, Colin making amends to the banana family. <3

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just finished season 1 of Fantasy High and the live production format of season 2 is very distracting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Emily and Omar are part of a Zelda one-shot over on Critical Role tonight, fyi

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1663621298843684864

I'm pissed that I slept through this, I was so excited about it but figured I could watch it later. But the recording is unfortunately paywalled.

whydirt posted:

Just finished season 1 of Fantasy High and the live production format of season 2 is very distracting.

I am having this problem too, I'm stuck about five or six episodes in. I'll get around to finishing it but it's now fallen below finishing the newest seasons of Um, Actually and Dirty Laundry.