Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Pfft dicknose.

e:
Finally a decent page snipe :getin:

vvv
You can't prove that it hasn't :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Antivehicular posted:

Nice, uh, modesty napkin

I like that the taint tape makes it look like the tip has been leaking and moistened the napkin.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

PYF Tasteless Tattoos: nice, uh, modesty napkin

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Why the are the eyes facing the wrong way?? Argh!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The original meme is based on lettering and images from Bayeaux Tapestry which is NOT cross stitched and would be a much cooler tattoo.

I mostly just wish it said "Cast thine eyes" instead. :(

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

remigious posted:

Why the are the eyes facing the wrong way?? Argh!

The "eyes" are limp dicks. It's pretty impressively tacky.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Just...*sigh*

https://www.insider.com/reddit-user-viral-bizarre-tattoo-cover-up-advice-2023-5

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

that rules, tasteless yes, but awesome none the less

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The original is fine, and I wouldn't suggest covering it up unless you had a really bad falling-out with that friend or something. It's just a fun dumb lil' thing.

The people copying it are... :psyduck:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Read After Burning posted:

The people copying it are... :psyduck:

It’s amazing insight into human behavior at present.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Like how do you have a parasocial relationship with a person (which, yes, getting a tattoo of another person's inside joke with their friend IS that) after one drat post asking for tattoo coverup advice?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Like how do you have a parasocial relationship with a person (which, yes, getting a tattoo of another person's inside joke with their friend IS that) after one drat post asking for tattoo coverup advice?

How so? "Ha ha, that's a funny tattoo"->"I'm gonna get that tattoo." No relationship required.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Blue Footed Booby posted:

How so? "Ha ha, that's a funny tattoo"->"I'm gonna get that tattoo." No relationship required.

If Goon A (or in this case, Redditor A) posts "Check out my tattoo, it's an inside joke I have with my friend", and Redditor B, after reading the post, goes out and also gets the same tattoo...you don't think that's odd?

I'm probably mis-using the term "parasocial relationship" a bit (the Internet has diluted the meaning, as it has with most things), but it kinda seems like "Hey, I'm part of this too now, right?!" to me. :shrug:

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 19:49 on May 25, 2023

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

If Goon A (or in this case, Redditor A) posts "Check out my new tattoo, it's an inside joke I have with my friend", and Redditor B goes out and also gets the same tattoo...you don't think that's odd?

It's loving stupid, but we're talking about people who get tattoos on impulse. They're not thinking about it that hard. "Haha joke funny"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

all parasocial relationships are dumb as gently caress, but not all that’s dumb as gently caress is a parasocial relationship

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's odd, but it's just trying to ride on a wave of interest, it's not parasocial, i don't think the person getting the copycat tattoo has any long term investment in the original tattoo haver, they are just making up for their lack of originality and fishing for attention.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

History Comes Inside! posted:

all parasocial relationships are dumb as gently caress, but not all that’s dumb as gently caress is a parasocial relationship

brb, going to get this tattooed on me

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Speaking of "putting too much thought in".... (apologies if these are Photoshopped, I suck at spotting that stuff)

Blue Footed Booby posted:

You're putting more thought into it than they did.

To be fair, that's the whole point of this thread, I think. :haw: But yes, fair point. It's just not something I would ever consider doing, as it seems almost like a weird overstep of bounds or something.

steinrokkan posted:

It's odd, but it's just trying to ride on a wave of interest, it's not parasocial, i don't think the person getting the copycat tattoo has any long term investment in the original tattoo haver, they are just making up for their lack of originality and fishing for attention.

:hai: That's a great point, yeah. I guess it's more of a "clout poisoning" thing than "parasocial relationship". Just baffles me that was someone's first impulse!

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 20:00 on May 25, 2023

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

I mean, I kinda want a shrimps is bugs tattoo now and i just saw it

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I can't believe all these people got a heart tattoo, it's an inside joke between me and my mom

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Large Testicles posted:

I mean, I kinda want a shrimps is bugs tattoo now and i just saw it

Get thee to Reddit posthaste!

I felt like it was more people totally lacking for anything original and latching onto something getting 10s of internet traffic

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I felt like it was more people totally lacking for anything original and latching onto something getting 10s of internet traffic

Using 'thee' and 'posthaste' probably means you own a fedora somewhere and should probably be talking about frens and posting on 4chan so hold your loving horses.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Yeah. The thinking isn't "haha this stupid joke is funny." It's "Guy on the internet did a stupid funny thing, and people laughed. So if I do the exact same thing, then I will be funny like him, and people will like me on the internet. I desire and respect this more than I do my own originality."

Forsooth.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Behold, the field in which I grow my original tattoo ideas.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Perchance

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Large Testicles posted:

Using 'thee' and 'posthaste' probably means you own a fedora somewhere and should probably be talking about frens and posting on 4chan so hold your loving horses.

Dang man, you ok? I have a feeling this isn’t about my obviously-tongue-in-cheek comment there.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm just gonna walk into a tattoo shop and ask for an exact copy of every single tattoo that David Beckham's son has.

Yes, even the ones of his wife's face. :getin:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Dang man, you ok? I have a feeling this isn’t about my obviously-tongue-in-cheek comment there.

Telling someone to go on Reddit is extremely rude :argh:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

I dunno, seems dangerous

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

There's probably more to it than just mashing all that together, but who am I to say I haven't tried it

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There are as many recipes for crystal meth as there are stars in the sky, but yeah that's just an ingredient list, not a set of cooking instructions. You'd need to be a chemist or already familiar with that cook to make meth off of that tattoo.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Kwyndig posted:

There are as many recipes for crystal meth as there are stars in the sky, but yeah that's just an ingredient list, not a set of cooking instructions. You'd need to be a chemist or already familiar with that cook to make meth off of that tattoo.

I just did it and it’s great

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

The instructions are in his armpit

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just eat all that stuff and let nature’s kitchen cook it for you

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just eat all that stuff and let nature’s kitchen cook it for you

Jenkem :hmmyes:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
:nws:https://i.imgur.com/An2cKH1.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

drat, that's the best red flag represented by simple black text I ever did see.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kwyndig posted:

There are as many recipes for crystal meth as there are stars in the sky

There's also at least one recipe to turn meth back into pseudoephedrine, which I hang on to in case the latter is ever banned so I can keep my sinuses from drowning me every spring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Phy posted:

There's also at least one recipe to turn meth back into pseudoephedrine, which I hang on to in case the latter is ever banned so I can keep my sinuses from drowning me every spring

Didn't the chemists responsible for that win an Ig Nobel prize?