Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
Every time I see a video of a car being ripped open by a trailer I am reminded of this cross-fit gym I worked next to. They always parked everywhere you shouldn't including onetime parking in front of the exit for our building so when anyone left they hit the front of the car with the door. The corner had no parking signs and red curb for the tractor trailers that had to negotiate the turn, at least once a month a car would be parked there with it's entire side ripped open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
What I'm learning from this thread is that I am allowed to hit people with sticks and baseball bats as long as I electrocute them, first.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Uthor posted:

What I'm learning from this thread is that I am allowed to hit people with sticks and baseball bats as long as I electrocute them, first.

Why do you think police have tasers?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Dysgenesis posted:

For unruly white people after they've been given like 17 warnings.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dysgenesis posted:

For cover when they "accidentally" shoot someone instead.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

You keep what you kill.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rv8belboMj1r0uzl6.mp4

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

CainFortea posted:

For cover when they "accidentally" shoot someone instead.

It's at this point I say I'm from the UK where most police brutality is beating someone to death after you have incapacitated them with a taser.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

how does this machine work and why is he in a suit

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Oh man, I would spend all day sticking things into the rod debendinator.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Oh man, I would spend all day sticking things into the rod debendinator.
:thunk:

https://i.imgur.com/Bz0ecu7.mp4

gently caress off fish, I'm hammering here

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

thehandtruck posted:

how does this machine work and why is he in a suit

It’s reversed

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Jonny Nox posted:

Differential braking

this. tractor has 2 brake pedals most likely

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

With regards to electrical safety:

If someone's getting electrocuted by a 10kV (or higher) high voltage line, it's extremely risky to try and save them. There may be 'step currents' flowing through the ground. If you approach too closely, you might get current flowing from one of your feet to the other. Also, if the voltage is high enough, it can arc to you from the person you're trying to save. Finally, for the really high voltage stuff, a wooden pole isn't enough isolation. If the cable is on the ground together with the victim, forget it. You risk arc flash (essentially an electrically generated ball of fire).

If you're desperate and want to do anything, knock the victim over with a car. In a car you're safe from all the electric dangers. But in many cases the victim's done for. Some survive, minus a couple of fingers or a limb.

When it comes to mains voltage, you can safely push someone away with any wooden or otherwise isolating object. If you have isolated cutters at hand, cut the wire. Perhaps you're wearing a belt, and are able to loop the belt around the cable or limb of the person who's "stuck" to the cable, to pull it away like that.

Body slamming someone isn't a good way. You never know if they'll pull the wire or device they're being electrocuted by, with them. If they do, you're now getting shocked too.

If someone has been 'stuck' to the wire, get them to the hospital even if they feel good. Internal organ damage is possible without someone noticing it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

mobby_6kl posted:

Fish is just capitalizing on doing less work for gain

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Can't live there, mate.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

LimaBiker posted:

If you're desperate and want to do anything, knock the victim over with a car.

The excuse I've been waiting for my whole life :getin:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Cthulu Carl posted:

Can't live there, mate.

can't parklive th-

dammit

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

I get the awful feeling that the context here is "Buy our machine and save $$$ re-using scrap rebar for your new construction"

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Life in the fast lane not going how I'd expected

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

mobby_6kl posted:

:thunk:

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/totallytanked1/status/1661880873980133376/photo/1

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Trying to describe Seaman to anyone is never not hilarious.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Scam Likely posted:

Trying to describe Seaman to anyone is never not hilarious.

They got Leonard Nimoy to narrate that poo poo. Video games used to be fun.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

ReelBigLizard posted:

I get the awful feeling that the context here is "Buy our machine and save $$$ re-using scrap rebar for your new construction"

Yup. That's a bit jankier than most rebar straighteners but not the worst I've seen.

This one may have been posted here before
https://v.redd.it/p5xycmb8ewc61

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Mr. Crow posted:

I dont know anything about electricity, but couldnt you like tackle someone being electrocuted to save them? Or is even briefly getting jolted still gonna probably kill you

The usual recommendation is kill the power if possible, and if not find the nearest piece of wood and vigorously apply it to the person being electrocuted.

Not joking. Vigorously.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/572713257924820992/1111477525764386866/cement_truck_shart.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

New Saints Row looking better than expected

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Forward jizzing cement trucks was a great video fad from a few years ago

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I was taught that if a power line is down and you're bear it and neec to escape, do not run or walk. Keep your feet next to each other and make repeated jumps.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

dang it

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

:hmmyes: i'd enjoy being shocked more if it was done by adorably scampish little dragons

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I really like the grim reaper spotting him.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

LimaBiker posted:

With regards to electrical safety:

If someone's getting electrocuted by a 10kV (or higher) high voltage line, it's extremely risky to try and save them. There may be 'step currents' flowing through the ground. If you approach too closely, you might get current flowing from one of your feet to the other. Also, if the voltage is high enough, it can arc to you from the person you're trying to save. Finally, for the really high voltage stuff, a wooden pole isn't enough isolation. If the cable is on the ground together with the victim, forget it. You risk arc flash (essentially an electrically generated ball of fire).

If you're desperate and want to do anything, knock the victim over with a car. In a car you're safe from all the electric dangers. But in many cases the victim's done for. Some survive, minus a couple of fingers or a limb.

When it comes to mains voltage, you can safely push someone away with any wooden or otherwise isolating object. If you have isolated cutters at hand, cut the wire. Perhaps you're wearing a belt, and are able to loop the belt around the cable or limb of the person who's "stuck" to the cable, to pull it away like that.

Body slamming someone isn't a good way. You never know if they'll pull the wire or device they're being electrocuted by, with them. If they do, you're now getting shocked too.

If someone has been 'stuck' to the wire, get them to the hospital even if they feel good. Internal organ damage is possible without someone noticing it.

An acquaintance of mine would go urban exploring from time to time. He lived in NYC and there are a few neat hidden train stations and other locations of interest underground, so it wasn't uncommon for him to go spelunking down there. Apparently, a few years back, he went poking around with a friend of his who tripped and fell on the third rail. He tried to pull his friend off but fortunately the shock just kicked him back and only his friend died. Hell of a lovely situation to find yourself in

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Gravid Topiary posted:

:hmmyes: i'd enjoy being shocked more if it was done by adorably scampish little dragons

Bad dragons are usually non-conductive. Won't get shocked by one of those!

Kit Walker posted:

An acquaintance of mine would go urban exploring from time to time. He lived in NYC and there are a few neat hidden train stations and other locations of interest underground, so it wasn't uncommon for him to go spelunking down there. Apparently, a few years back, he went poking around with a friend of his who tripped and fell on the third rail. He tried to pull his friend off but fortunately the shock just kicked him back and only his friend died. Hell of a lovely situation to find yourself in

Yuuuup. That's the dumbest thing you can do. He got really lucky. Shocks can throw you clear, or make you grab onto something, or just make your heart quit its job. It's a coin toss what will happen.

Where i live, the 3rd rail has a shielding hood over it, so you cannot touch it from the sides or top. If you fall onto it, nothing happens. If you hook your foot *under* it, you're toast.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Gravid Topiary posted:

Gonna get that little guy as a tattoo I think.

on my hog

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

I drove past this mess yesterday, this is on 485 in Charlotte.

I'm sure it's just as bad everywhere but this area is really bad for distracted and aggressive drivers. Hardly any enforcement along the highway, troopers usually are only out after someone does a big oopsie.

I watched a tailgater get brake checked last week, lose control and clip the rear of his jeep on the beginning of a barrier rail. He did some impressive flips before landing on his roof.

Driving for a job is OSHA as hell lol.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

ReelBigLizard posted:

Gonna get that little guy as a tattoo I think.

on my hog

Good, then nobody will get shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

UwUnabomber posted:

I really like the grim reaper spotting him.

*nude* Grim Reaper - probably can't get 30 seconds in the shower without some idiot playing with electricity