Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Only the most depraved and hosed up people enjoy milk. It's udder filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
This is like ‘normalizing eating alone’

Only registered members can see post attachments!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
lol that the absolute best and most generous interpretation of "this person wants milk right now" you can even imagine in your wildest fuckign dreams is "she's a manic pixie dream girl". you're a weird person because of that

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I think the lesson here is that people who think milk is a-ok to drink any ol time and people who think there are specific times and places where milk is appropriate are fundamentally incompatible.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is this the last you’ll post because you don’t want to defend something so loving stupid?

No one presented any actual argument against what I was saying, I answered your questions, and I have nothing left to say about it. It's also a boring derail, so why are you egging me on to continue?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Well now you’re just a liar.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
So why is milk totally normal to order on a date, but if I ask for the kids menu so I can have nuggies, I'm asked to leave? It's just chicken!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

AcidCat posted:

I think the lesson here is that people who think milk is a-ok to drink any ol time and people who think there are specific times and places where milk is appropriate are fundamentally incompatible.

I’m in the “if it’s been out of the fridge for more than about 30 seconds then it’s an ingredient and not a drink” crowd myself, but that’s a whole different reason for not ordering milk at a bar. :v:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Biplane posted:

Only the most depraved and hosed up people enjoy milk. It's udder filth

boooooo

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

edit: nooo

edit2, here have some more Canadian property drama.

Co own condo with Bf. We broke up. He wants to keep. I put the down payment.

quote:

Edit: Thank you everyone. you all are saying pretty much the same things so i called my bank and they confirmed a sale must go through and to get an evaluation done. i called a notary (a friends mom gave me hers) they said not to accept any money. must be done in front of a notary and that terms need to be finalized. So my last step is a lawyer. i didn’t call a lawyer because of the cost and just not sure how it works. but i’ll figure it out. but thanks. i will follow the advice.

i’m in the process of separating from my long term partner. 10 years. we purchased a condo dec 2021. in quebec province. i put the 40k. which his mom says she will give back to me. i’m wondering why they don’t want to go through the banks and notary first and why she wants to send me the 40k right a way. the value has gone up (paid 240k now it’s 270k). she says she’s going to give it to me “later”. i’m just not sure. the family are business people with lots of money. but i feel like there trying to scam me. is it possible to transfer the mortgage under his name only with out refinancing. he wants to keep it. we signed at 2.5% or will he need to refinance at a higher rate. i feel like they don’t want to refinance. could this be? i have no one to ask so i’m asking here. thanks! if u need more info let me know. but i’m not sure what to do.

edit. just to add. what i’m wondering is are they trying to be sneaky and give me back my 40 k to not do a transaction and sell and just do a transfer? is this even possible? and if it is. can they keep the rate we currently have at 2.5 percent. or it will go up?

Edit the 40 k we notarized that the down payment is mine if we separate or sell. so they can’t keep it.

"My mom will just give you back your down payment and I keep the condo, easy!"

odiv fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 25, 2023

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

only those missing metatarsals can talk about milk

they lack toes

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Home video of run on sentience as a child:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

run on sentience posted:

why are you egging me on

interesting use of dairy-related phraseology from someone who's so anti-milk

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Home video of run on sentience as a child:

I'm Canadian, my milk was in bags.
Maybe that explains everything.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It actually does, I’m so sorry.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*sits down at bar and motions to bartender while pulling out travel size box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch* Milk me

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I love that throughout this derail nobody thought that you could just ask the other person why they ordered milk. You know, engage in conversation, with your date. Who you're presumably trying to get to know?

Much better to silently judge them for their disgusting, childish behavior and invent your own insane reasons for why they did it.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Foo Diddley posted:

it's an ingredient in a lot of cocktails, so most bars are going to have milk on hand

not really. A brandy or rum milk punch or milk & Bailey's are basically the only drinks that use regular drinking milk. Pretty much everything else that you'd think of as using milk (white Russian, Colorado bulldog, dulce de leche, grasshopper, peppermint patty, etc) actually uses heavy cream, half and half, or sweetened condensed milk. The bar I worked at had milk but it was never ever used except for a single regular that liked brandy milk punches.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

John Murdoch posted:

I love that throughout this derail nobody thought that you could just ask the other person why they ordered milk. You know, engage in conversation, with your date. Who you're presumably trying to get to know?

Much better to silently judge them for their disgusting, childish behavior and invent your own insane reasons for why they did it.

yeah, you get it. after all, we're talking about

duck trucker posted:

a sharp guy who’s traveled the world and knows all about fine foods, wines, classical music, designer labels, etc.

so obviously its the other person who has self-important affectations

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Not even the actual story, even just in this hypothetical where you're on a date with someone and apparently if they order milk it's an immediate non-negotiable red flag, Seinfeld-no-thanks.gif moment.

Actually, wait, this is just a Seinfeld bit isn't? I can totally picture George derailing an otherwise fine date because he can't get over the fact that she ordered milk. Milk, Jerry, can you believe it?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Any bar here will have milk, because some people like to put milk in they are coffee.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s for kids, Jerry. Like cereal, for breakfast. Or cookies!

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

lol the beyonce story is giving me flashbacks to seeing leonard cohen in sydney, the wild-eyed twenty-something next to me was having an absolute spiritual experience and he was up dancing and singing and air-drumming the entire time. it was one of leonard's last earthly concerts and the man himself was tottering around like he was about to fall over but this guy did not care at all, he was going nuts and having an amazing time. so long marianne drove him wild but the climax of his adoration and his most frantic dancing was amen from old ideas. it was great, possibly my single best concert experience , i often wonder about that guy and how he's doing now

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

yeah buddy, NOBODY thought you could ask that (it was the first thing I said and other people brought it up as well)

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

The guy was set up on a blind date with this lady's friend. He told her it was about the milk to dodge more awkward answers, probably after she kept asking him about it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why will no-one set ME up with a milk lady?
:goonsay:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What the gently caress is happening?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

a strange fowl posted:

lol the beyonce story is giving me flashbacks to seeing leonard cohen in sydney, the wild-eyed twenty-something next to me was having an absolute spiritual experience and he was up dancing and singing and air-drumming the entire time. it was one of leonard's last earthly concerts and the man himself was tottering around like he was about to fall over but this guy did not care at all, he was going nuts and having an amazing time. so long marianne drove him wild but the climax of his adoration and his most frantic dancing was amen from old ideas. it was great, possibly my single best concert experience , i often wonder about that guy and how he's doing now

i'm glad that guy had such a good time :kimchi:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

What the gently caress is happening?

This is me when you tell one of your wild stories.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

a strange fowl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGVe4pIjDQo

Kinda reminds me of this dude.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

a strange fowl posted:

I can only assume the angels hauled this dude back to the Tower of Song immediately after the show

(seriously, good on that guy)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Jesus gently caress first steak and then milk, is there anything goons won't argue over for loving pages on end? Nothing like seeing 100 new posts and it's this poo poo.

AITA for declining my girlfriend's request to adopt a pet?

quote:

My girlfriend has been bugging me for 2 months to adopt a cat or a dog but I've always refused since I suffer from OCD and OCPD.

Due to my illness, I like to keep my house organized, neat, and clean for what you might call an extreme level and she knows this very well, and because of this, I've hired a home cleaning service dedicated to this purpose.

In the last 2 weeks, she's maximized her pressure by refusing to leave the bed pretending she is depressed because of my selfish behavior towards her, I tried to take her out for dinner but she declined, I've also planned a trip for both of us to Maine hoping to get her excited to leave her depression zone, it didn't worked either , so I stopped trying and left her alone hoping she will come around eventually.

So I came home from work yesterday to find her cuddling with a cat in the living room and I couldn't control myself and went berserk with her breaking a round side table as well as my laptop, We insulted each other and then I headed out to my family's house to relax for a couple of days.

One of her friends called me today saying just put the cat upstairs or in the garage I said no because who the hell puts a cat in a garage? It's inhumane. Anyway, she called me today trying to convince me ONE MORE TIME but I stood my ground and said NO, she went mad and accused me of being a control freak and an rear end in a top hat so I told her to pack her things and leave before I come back.

So am I the rear end in a top hat here?

AITA for not allowing my sister to see my children

quote:

My (24F) am pregnant for the first time and I recently found out that I am having twins (Boy & Girl twins). Me and my gf (26F) are overjoyed as we a couple of years planning and trying for a child (she recently miscarried).

We have recently told my family the good news as we wanted to wait until the second trimester before we told anyone due to our recent loss. My family were mostly excited for me and my partner and seemed quite supportive. My parents were initially excited that they were going to be having their first grandchildren however this all went downhill when my sister (35F) started to get upset.

For context, my sister is married and has tried to have a baby for many years although she was unsuccessful and was told that she is unlikely to reproduce. My sister is very against adoption as she wants children with her DNA.

When we announced that I was actually having twins and shared that we were going to having both a boy and girl, my sister started to kick up a fuss and told me that it wasn't fair that I a "Dyke" was allowed to have children but she wasn't. My sister started to argue and my gf immediately got involved and told me sister that she needs to back off and eventually we left and went home.

A couple of days later my parents phoned me and asked to speak with me privately. I agreed but told my gf where I was going. Once I arrived at my parents home, my sister and her husband was also there. My sister apologised for what she said and said she had a question. She then asked me to give her my son so that she could have a baby to raise. I thought she was joking and chuckled a little. She didn't find this funny and immediately started to say that I was very selfish for keeping both of my babies and that she deserved a baby too and it wasn't like that I wasn't going to have a child to raise. I was taken aback and told her that thought process was rather crazy and said she needed to seek therapy. I told her that I was not going to allow her around my children if she didn't get the help she needed.

My parents think this was harsh and my sister deserves to raise a baby. I told her that she could adopt or get a surrogate. My sister told me that she didn't want some "dirty peasants" baby and that she needed one that "belonged" to her, and had her DNA. That was when I brought up that the babies I am carry do not have my DNA as we used my gfs eggs. My sister immediately started screaming that I tricked her... but she still wanted one of my babies. I stated my boundary again and said that if she does not seek help she will not be allowed around my children.

My parents, sister and some of my extended family think that I am selfish and an AH for not giving my sister the opportunity to raise a child and that as I'm having twins its only fair. I think this thinking is absolutely crazy and will not be allowing anyone who agrees with my sister around my kids. This has created a huge argument with the family with many people saying that I am being very selfish, so AITA?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 26, 2023

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

run on sentience posted:

I'm Canadian, my milk was in bags.
Maybe that explains everything.

A rude way to explain that you were breastfed

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Cowslips Warren posted:

What. The. gently caress.

EDIT: to be clear how is this family on board with "just give her your kid"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

Golden child + barely concealed homophobia. Sister said it's not fair that a "Dyke" gets children and her parents apparently had no problem with that statement.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

When it comes to the golden child, other children are expected to breed for them. Your life to serve the golden child.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Cowslips Warren posted:

y i k e s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

well as you can see, by not going along with it, their boat was thoroughly rocked