Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Yeah I generally have to go out of my way to avoid them lol. But I play this game 1) to dress up my Barbie and 2) for the lore, and like it or not (mostly not since Plunder) the story is correlative to the latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pirate Jet posted:

Leaks and datamines should absolutely be spoiler-tagged but banning them outright is weak poo poo.

????????

no authority has banned them, what are you talking about

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

sunday at work posted:

2/3 of the “core playlists” have been on life support for years. There was a renewed focus on PvP at Bungie, just not Destiny PvP.

Is the second one Crucible or Vanguard Ops? Genuinely curious to which one.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016

Panderfringe posted:

I'm kind of disappointed the seasonal armor is more scuba based and not, like, old fashioned diving suits. Would have been sick to dress my titan as a big daddy.

Parts of the Hardy’s Chosen set could work as a big daddy. It’s an old cosmonaut-style Eververse set, I don’t know if it’s still available.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

syntaxfunction posted:

Is the second one Crucible or Vanguard Ops? Genuinely curious to which one.

They did start putting seasonal content into Vanguard Ops, but I can see how my statement wasn’t clear.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

ohhyeah posted:

Parts of the Hardy’s Chosen set could work as a big daddy. It’s an old cosmonaut-style Eververse set, I don’t know if it’s still available.

I think it’s all available for Silver in the ol’ archive. Qiao and Mihaylova sets are the matching ones for Hunters and Warlocks respectively just in case anyone has been collecting outfits like I have

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

I hope this Marathon thing will take all the PvP devs and the devs who feel that if you're not constantly being "challenged" then you can't possibly be having fun. I'd be thrilled if they removed PvP from destiny and scrapped crucible as well.

That said, this seasons activities have been real nice! Deep dive and salvage both seem to have not only adequate mob densities but they aren't all champions or something. It's been nice to be in groups of 6 people and I don't have any downtime (i.e. nothing to kill) because everything was obliterated the instant it was spotted because everyone has grenades on a microsecond cooldown. Also, allowing co-op for deep dive is fantastic! I wish they'ed set this up for every activity as strike would be a hell of a lot more fun if we didn't have to have a super annoying sweaty third who just wants to speed run it as fast as humanly possible. I get it, strikes are kind boring after 10 years, but some of us still enjoy them and would like to not speed run them.

Basically, I like getting stoned and murdering mobs in destiny 2. I'm not here to be challenged, I'm here to unwind and have a good time at the end of the day.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Kith posted:

????????

no authority has banned them, what are you talking about

I am commenting on the few posters who suggested immediately before that post that leaks should not be posted. If you scroll up, you can see them.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

Lexorin posted:

I hope this Marathon thing will take all the PvP devs and the devs who feel that if you're not constantly being "challenged" then you can't possibly be having fun. I'd be thrilled if they removed PvP from destiny and scrapped crucible as well.

That said, this seasons activities have been real nice! Deep dive and salvage both seem to have not only adequate mob densities but they aren't all champions or something. It's been nice to be in groups of 6 people and I don't have any downtime (i.e. nothing to kill) because everything was obliterated the instant it was spotted because everyone has grenades on a microsecond cooldown. Also, allowing co-op for deep dive is fantastic! I wish they'ed set this up for every activity as strike would be a hell of a lot more fun if we didn't have to have a super annoying sweaty third who just wants to speed run it as fast as humanly possible. I get it, strikes are kind boring after 10 years, but some of us still enjoy them and would like to not speed run them.

Basically, I like getting stoned and murdering mobs in destiny 2. I'm not here to be challenged, I'm here to unwind and have a good time at the end of the day.

the game has been giving plenty of this sort of content and shows no signs of stopping, why would the removal of people who want something different improve your enjoyment

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

I am commenting on the few posters who suggested immediately before that post that leaks should not be posted. If you scroll up, you can see them.

Society tends to operate by group consensus

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And yet sometimes it is the CHILDREN who are wrong!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Free emblem VXN-V3T-MRP

https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1661799646904356864?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"players who have emblems on their account that do not appear in their Collections will no longer be able to equip these emblems, and players will no longer be able to see these emblems if they are still equipped."

How would you even get into this situation?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have the same question but because I want to be one of the special broken ones.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

"players who have emblems on their account that do not appear in their Collections will no longer be able to equip these emblems, and players will no longer be able to see these emblems if they are still equipped."

How would you even get into this situation?

There was a small amount of people who were cheating emblem ownership by entering into Cross-Save links.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

IK Hat time: Keep leaks and data mines in spoiler tags if you decide to post them, but you can post them. Try to flag them if you do post in spoiler tags.

Something like

Future Content: there are two more seasons this year

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

dodgeblan posted:

the game has been giving plenty of this sort of content and shows no signs of stopping
Define "Plenty" and make sure it applies specifically to my needs/wants.

dodgeblan posted:

why would the removal of people who want something different improve your enjoyment
I don't really want to argue about this poo poo because it's been done to death and I'm sure we both now the ins and outs of how this would go. So I'm just gonna leave it at this - I dislike PvP and don't want to ever have to engage with it. I understand people like PvP and that's great, leave me out of it. I'd like D2 to decouple PvP from literally everything else. With Marathon it seems like Bungie is heading that way and I hope all the PvPers jump ship for those greener pastures.

But if you just like smurfing or stomping pubbies/blueberries/newbies or whatever in PvP though, then you can go gently caress yourself.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm like 99% certain you can, for the most part, avoid playing PvP almost completely. Of course if you're going for all seasonal challenges or all cats or all bright dust and stuff you will, like me, be forced into engaging with PvP against your wishes. But if you're willing to forego that you can never touch it or just the minimum amount. I play roughly three matches a week and get all I need, barring special gently caress you's like IB and seasonal challenges like rift.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Lexorin posted:

But if you just like smurfing or stomping pubbies/blueberries/newbies or whatever in PvP though, then you can go gently caress yourself.

That’s all in your head and not the reality

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
a multi-team pvevp 'extraction' game or whatever is, in fact, a different sort of thing than destiny's arena shooter

just saying 'well they are both pvp' is ridiculously reductive, and tbh I doubt there will be much long term transfer of destiny pvp players- they play destiny pvp because they like destiny pvp

if they wanted some other genre of shooter, they'd be playing that instead, and vice versa. doesn't matter if it's bungie take on that other genre, the simple fact is that 'extraction' or battle royales have very different flows to them compared to arena shooters

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 25, 2023

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
There are only seven stories games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's going to be a huge burst of D2 players trying out the hot new thing and a lot of them are going to quit when they find it's new and different, and then they'll complain online. Hopefully after that the game can stand on its own merits

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Another emblem code JND-HLR-L69, this one isn't visible ingame yet but will be added in the next patch. It's apparently gonna be Marathon themed (it came from the ARG).

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Mill Village posted:

Yo people itt have said that very thing

People have argued for connection based matchmaking as opposed to skill based for ages as if they're somehow mutually exclusive too. Players just wanna stomp, and d2's pool of casuals is gonna be higher than similar games since there's an actual pve benefit

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Out of ignorance:

Beyond not having Bungie style weird poo poo happening constantly, why would you prefer connection based as opposed to skill? A close loss is much better than an easy stomp to me.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is cbmm, or sbmm, better? Has anyone asked that before? Could we dig deeper?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

acumen posted:

Yo people itt have said that very thing

People have argued for connection based matchmaking as opposed to skill based for ages as if they're somehow mutually exclusive too. Players just wanna stomp, and d2's pool of casuals is gonna be higher than similar games since there's an actual pve benefit

Because they are mutually exclusive.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Out of ignorance:

Beyond not having Bungie style weird poo poo happening constantly, why would you prefer connection based as opposed to skill? A close loss is much better than an easy stomp to me.

Probably so that I’m not waiting too long for SBMM to find players at my skill level, who may be far away, and so that matches run smoothly because otherwise the players that are determined to be at my skill level may be in different countries

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Destiny 2 is the only pvp game in 2023 without low latency matchmaking. Must be completely impossible I guess?

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Mill Village posted:

Thank god, I'll embrace pvp now. (I believe you. It's just hard to tell sometimes with how badly matchmaking whips between people who are bad and people who are gods gift to pvp)

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm like 99% certain you can, for the most part, avoid playing PvP almost completely.

Sure, but to much poo poo is tied to PvP as a requirement and it really should just be an alternative.

I do notice they are seemingly adding a lot of "Or kill guardians for faster progress" and I'm super fine with that. They should do more of that instead of gating it behind poo poo a lot of people in D2 clearly don't like.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

Lexorin posted:

Define "Plenty" and make sure it applies specifically to my needs/wants.

I don't really want to argue about this poo poo because it's been done to death and I'm sure we both now the ins and outs of how this would go. So I'm just gonna leave it at this - I dislike PvP and don't want to ever have to engage with it. I understand people like PvP and that's great, leave me out of it. I'd like D2 to decouple PvP from literally everything else. With Marathon it seems like Bungie is heading that way and I hope all the PvPers jump ship for those greener pastures.

I just hate this assumption that everyone who likes PVP is good and likes stomping pubbies. I'm sure I'm someone who would be considered 'free' by almost all proper pvp players. I'm really bad at PVP FPS games and love destiny because you can get 6 PVP losers like me together and have a fun time. The marathon game won't be that, it will be the sort of game where if you aren't good there's no point in playing. Destiny PVP is uniquely fun for bad players like me and I don't get why the PVE mains think everyone in PVP loves their suffering.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just get really annoyed when cool, fun, useful poo poo gets disabled or nerfed because it's causing too much trouble in PvP, the mode where something is always causing trouble or Gambit, the mode nobody cares about.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Crucible has a separate sandbox, balancing, and list of locked items though

If something is locked or nerfed for PvE it's because it was (deemed) a problem in PvE

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Lexorin posted:

Thank god, I'll embrace pvp now. (I believe you. It's just hard to tell sometimes with how badly matchmaking whips between people who are bad and people who are gods gift to pvp)

Sure, but to much poo poo is tied to PvP as a requirement and it really should just be an alternative.

I do notice they are seemingly adding a lot of "Or kill guardians for faster progress" and I'm super fine with that. They should do more of that instead of gating it behind poo poo a lot of people in D2 clearly don't like.
You get you could change exactly 3 instances of PvP to PvE and one instance of Guardians to Mobs in this post and you’d describe the problem Cruci players have had for years, right? Except the weighting is tragically skewed in that direction already?

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

dodgeblan posted:

it will be the sort of game where if you aren't good there's no point in playing.

I mean, I feel D2 PvP is already in the "If you're not good there's no point" arena and not everyone has 5 or even 2 other people to play with. I had a hard enough time getting my partner to play and they hate PvP more than I do so that ship will never sail even if I did want to pvp.

dodgeblan posted:

Destiny PVP is uniquely fun for bad players like me and I don't get why the PVE mains think everyone in PVP loves their suffering.

poo poo matchmaking mostly. But people who cheat don't want a fair fight. People who use exploits don't want a fair fight. These are both problematic things in d2 and it makes me think that people who play pvp want to win more then they want a fair playing field. Yes, it is unfair to lump everyone who enjoys pvp with those who cheat and exploit, but if you swim in the public pool you're bound to get covered with piss.

I realize I didn't really cover you point that well. "poo poo matchmaking" is still most of the answer. If I have a 1.5 K/D and I get pitted against someone with 5.0 k/d that is always going to be a bad experience for me. If that is almost always the case then there is no chance at getting better. If you can't progress in a way that isn't "mindlessly grind until time solves your problem" then you are going to have a bad time. Sometimes I'm the 1.5k/d against a 0.5 k/d, this is also a bad experience for me as I gain nothing from killing that guy.

And then there's latency.

Lexorin fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 25, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Banshee has Sailspy Pitchglass for sale which is a TOP top SSS-tier weapon for this season and in general.

If anyone missed out on it from Plunder Season last year, this is absolutely worth investing your Redframe Makers in

It's an arc precision linear, and it's an exceptionally good weapon for Legend+ content. Compulsive Reloader (yes, really!) and Voltshot go together like chocolate and peanut butter to let you annihilate hordes of red and yellow bars with great burst damage potential on Champions and Bosses as well.

Charge Time won't affect the Jolt damage so don't bother with Liquid or Accelerate Coils, and definitely skip anything that increases Magazine Size since our goal is to reload after each shot

My perfect one would probably be like...

Any MW other than Charge Time
Any Barrel you want, to complement your Masterwork
Particle or Projection depending on your Barrel & MW Choices

Compulsive Reloader
Voltshot

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lexorin posted:

I mean, I feel D2 PvP is already in the "If you're not good there's no point" arena and not everyone has 5 or even 2 other people to play with. I had a hard enough time getting my partner to play and they hate PvP more than I do so that ship will never sail even if I did want to pvp.

poo poo matchmaking mostly. But people who cheat don't want a fair fight. People who use exploits don't want a fair fight. These are both problematic things in d2 and it makes me think that people who play pvp want to win more then they want a fair playing field. Yes, it is unfair to lump everyone who enjoys pvp with those who cheat and exploit, but if you swim in the public pool you're bound to get covered with piss.

There have been some astonishingly silly generalizations about PvP and PvE players from the other side over the years but points for getting way out in front I guess.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not weighing in on the pvp discussion other than to say there are a shitload of cheaters on pc. It's as bad as its ever been. On a somewhat related note playing Trials in a 3-stack is far far harder than it was before all the matchmaking changes which kind of sucks.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Orv posted:

There have been some astonishingly silly generalizations about PvP and PvE players from the other side over the years but points for getting way out in front I guess.

I absolutely agree that my statements are very broad in breadth. I think it all boils down to this - matchmaking sucks. Cheating/exploiting sucks. Different strokes for different folks.

My personal hope at this point is more PvE OR PvP options instead of purely one or the other. You know, like the "Kill fallen or guardians" with guardians earning you more progress.

I'll stop harping on about PvP though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

*looks in the mirror*

You WILL finally clean your vault this week so that you can actually play again!