Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Removing the durability with mods has made the experience so much better, but there's still massive amounts of tedium. I'm glad I'm approaching the end, I'm burning out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
there's no way I could have made it very far in this game without item duping. still haven't done any cheat engine type stuff but I'm getting close to trying it.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I don't think I'm getting a more pure experience or anything but I can't imagine playing the game with item duping. Maybe if I wanted to max out the armors I'd feel different but I'm kinda meh on doing that tbh. I really enjoy that I can't just use a hundred bombs or frozen choos for everything, that I kinda have to use what I have available, it makes each encounter different for me. If I could just use my favorite weapon and attachments every time it would make every engagement identical.

I say this as someone who enjoys the game and think those systems are neat, not as a condemnation of anyone who wants to avoid them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

space uncle posted:

Just keep following where the statues point to. Also remember that you upgrade the battery back at either Lookout Landing or Room of Awakening. I only tell you because I forgot what those robots do since I talked to them once and then played for 20 hours before thinking about them again

Oh of course. It's been long enough that I forgot the statues didn't end with the autobuild quest.
:tipshat:

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the froggy hat should be a little frog mask, not a headdress. this is bogus. at least you get webbed feet

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm pretty sympathetic to duping for armor upgrade materials, some of them are extremely clunky and not remotely fun to get the amount required. Eg especially construct horns your world has outleveled

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
How do you do the cool Tony Hawk poo poo when you're shield skating?

space uncle posted:

Just keep following where the statues point to. Also remember that you upgrade the battery back at either Lookout Landing or Room of Awakening. I only tell you because I forgot what those robots do since I talked to them once and then played for 20 hours before thinking about them again
The one robot in the game who does battery upgrades is helpfully marked for you on your map, he's in the same room with the Rewind Shrine so you can fast-travel right to him.

Also, because it genuinely hosed me up when I was trying to do them the first time: don't follow where the statues point, follow where they're facing. The minotaurs all have their arms up and crooked at an angle -- follow their faces, not that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mendrian posted:

I don't think I'm getting a more pure experience or anything but I can't imagine playing the game with item duping. Maybe if I wanted to max out the armors I'd feel different but I'm kinda meh on doing that tbh. I really enjoy that I can't just use a hundred bombs or frozen choos for everything, that I kinda have to use what I have available, it makes each encounter different for me. If I could just use my favorite weapon and attachments every time it would make every engagement identical.

I say this as someone who enjoys the game and think those systems are neat, not as a condemnation of anyone who wants to avoid them.

I usually download a trainer the moment a thing in a game bothers me by slowing me down or whatever, cheating is badass, and you are half of every videogame and you know what you like.

For this game though, the only time I ever needed a resource and didn't have it was Hinox guts for an armor upgrade, mostly because I didn't bother fighting most Hinox's I ever saw, boss bokoblins are more interesting fights than Hinox, just too easy. But creating that need drove me to go hunt a bunch of them down in quick succession and in that trip I had fun, discovered new shrines and areas, and clowning on Hinox to see if I could kill them before they even wakeup and health bar shows up.

Every other resource they give me more than I need at all times and I don't know what I'd dupe or use cheat engine to get that the game didn't already dump on me. I have to imagine the people running out of stuff have either been playing for 3 hours total or spend as much time just chucking resources from their inventory until stuff despawns, as a joke

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

This is me at 110 hours. Lord but I've played this game a lot.

Does anyone know how many diamonds are needed for all quests and armor upgrades? The lady is offering to buy diamonds this time around, and even though it's only 10 for the sell price of 11, it's a lot of money and it'll free up whatever she wants to buy next.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Khanstant posted:

...or spend as much time just chucking resources from their inventory until stuff despawns, as a joke

Sort of. I forgot about fairies completely and sold all my amber because I had a boatload and didn't see the point of them.

I have also duped some rare things to test out what they do with fusing before I accidentally waste them on an arrow or something

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Without full spoilers can someone tell me where the path of the hero or whatever its called is? I'm so hesitant to look things up.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Black Griffon posted:

Does anyone know how many diamonds are needed for all quests and armor upgrades? The lady is offering to buy diamonds this time around, and even though it's only 10 for the sell price of 11, it's a lot of money and it'll free up whatever she wants to buy next.

Just do a couple rounds of animal slaughter around the stable near the Rito, almost everything there drops gourmet meat and 5 of those cooked up sells for 315 rupees. Gems are actually useful for things now so I haven't sold hardly any. Diamonds are how I replace my favorite bow.

You can also sell the prime meat you get for a bit less but a still solid amount but I usually keep it for filling my inventory with healing meals

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

swordfish duelist posted:

Without full spoilers can someone tell me where the path of the hero or whatever its called is? I'm so hesitant to look things up.

Complete two areas for the regional phenomena quest, then do the things robbie at lookout landing says

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Hygiene posted:

Progress at 50 or more hours. Battery upgrades are the next thing to really push for. Folks mentioned boss rematches down in the depths being good for that, but I still haven't run into any. I'm ready for a hint as to what to look out for, even googling didn't help me out.

Basically there are some larger platforms in the depths you'll run into sometimes, those are where past bosses will spawn. And a more detailed one spoiler: at least in my experience so far, they can be in multiple places. I've found the Wind Temple boss in three different areas so far, and the Fire temple one once. I've seen mud on some of the platforms and assume that's where the Water Temple boss will respawn.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/aquatic_ambi/status/1661826207703502849?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

No Mods No Masters posted:

Complete two areas for the regional phenomena quest, then do the things robbie at lookout landing says

Alright cool thanks. I have not spoken to robbie since I got the camera. Lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Just sell em. Easy to get em if you suddenly need em, even some shrines for guaranteed ones if you really really need it suddenly. Plus you dont need that many for upgrades and stuff. i think the miner armor set had it for level 4 upgrades

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Wait Diamonds are easy? I thought they were rare drops from deposits/Talus or buy then for 1000 at Goron city.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Were Silver tier enemies in base BotW or were they exclusive to Master mode?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Man I’m so locked into my old BOTW behaviors I barely ever actually build anything. I really have to get out of this habit of forgetting about actually using the new abilities.

poo poo I only have two towers left to complete maps and I still haven’t even seen Hetsu.

Anyway

https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1661726054686535683?s=46&t=Mu6ngisnZlTkezPxh7sqCQ

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I think I've found like 6 diamonds in 80+ hours of play, they're pretty drat scarce

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A construct to surpass Metal Gear...

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Man I’m so locked into my old BOTW behaviors I barely ever actually build anything. I really have to get out of this habit of forgetting about actually using the new abilities.

poo poo I only have two towers left to complete maps and I still haven’t even seen Hetsu.

Anyway

https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1661726054686535683?s=46&t=Mu6ngisnZlTkezPxh7sqCQ

The Russians used a bomb arrow.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
There is a school of creation inspired by metal gear, anime, modern warfare

And then there are the burning Man art installations

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just found my first diamond today and it was a shrine gift.

This person definitely makes some of my favorite Bullshit machinery

https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1661706536815857666?s=46&t=Mu6ngisnZlTkezPxh7sqCQ

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

CapnAndy posted:

Seconding this question, always wondered how to do this.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm pretty sympathetic to duping for armor upgrade materials, some of them are extremely clunky and not remotely fun to get the amount required. Eg especially construct horns your world has outleveled

Yeah also for some reason I cannot get a single Lizalfos tail to drop.

The fuse anything and everything is great until you realize that you might need 10 or more of something for an upgrade rank.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mendrian posted:

I did my first playthrough legit and on my second one I'm duping mechanisms and poo poo so I can spend my time building pretty worthless, honestly, but fun to watch arial bombardment platforms without "I need to farm mechanism gacha machines" needing to be a factor

it's like shrines to me, I like to do things the way the devs "intended" things to be done even if there's a super obvious cheese strat, in the same way that if a game says "this hallway leads to the next objective" I'll walk the other way so I can see all of what's on offer, but after that point it's fair game to rocket jump through a ceiling and solve a physics puzzle with 20 timebomb arrows

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

CapnAndy posted:

it's just the attack button iirc, does extra durability damage every time you do it though

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I used all my diamonds to upgrade the diamond circlet, which had high armor and +attack and let Link show off his hair.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Epic High Five posted:

Just do a couple rounds of animal slaughter around the stable near the Rito, almost everything there drops gourmet meat and 5 of those cooked up sells for 315 rupees. Gems are actually useful for things now so I haven't sold hardly any. Diamonds are how I replace my favorite bow.

You can also sell the prime meat you get for a bit less but a still solid amount but I usually keep it for filling my inventory with healing meals

Khanstant posted:

Just sell em. Easy to get em if you suddenly need em, even some shrines for guaranteed ones if you really really need it suddenly. Plus you dont need that many for upgrades and stuff. i think the miner armor set had it for level 4 upgrades

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RatHat posted:

Silvers were in base BotW. Master Mode added another absolutely gently caress you tier with Gold enemies that TotK doesn't have.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

acumen posted:

I usually build my video game houses as utilitarian as possible to let me do my adventuring better or more conveniently. So the dream house works pretty well in that regard. It's ugly but it's one stop for a rest, cooking, blessings, and storage. Would be nice to have >15 pieces though.

also I get to put a picture of (post-tears) my girlfriend on the wall

The gallery is great, i put a picture of Mipha's Statue in the gallery room :shobon:

mark me down as someone else who wishes that there were more room sizes. I had several triangle rooms stitched together to make it slightly more interestingly shaped, but then i ran into the 15 room limit cap. I understand why the cap is THERE, but also: i wish it wasnt.

Also none of the rooms have a 1-wide opening, which means if i want a study i need to either have it outside or have part of my house exposed to the elements... which wouldn't be a problem if we could add roof or wall type stuff, and i could make it an opening into a rooftop patio, but you can't, it just looks like a big hole.

Tunicate posted:

I stole a rechargeable electrical battery from a shrine, anyone know if you can make a perpetual motion machine by hooking it to shock parts?
you definitely can and I am determined to make the world's most powerful car (which needs the thunder helm as mandatory safety gear)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I found the Wellspring of Wisdom in the Depths. Kinda doesn’t seem like there’s anything important to do here, aside from a mine nearby. Is there something I can do with the Depths versions of the Goddess Springs, or is it just a cool detail?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

RatHat posted:

Silver were in the base game, they just took a bit to show up outside of a couple set spawns. Master mode starts with Silver showing up here and there as leaders, but had Gold as exclusive.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pollyanna posted:

I found the Wellspring of Wisdom in the Depths. Kinda doesn’t seem like there’s anything important to do here, aside from a mine nearby. Is there something I can do with the Depths versions of the Goddess Springs, or is it just a cool detail?

All of them have one of the Statues of the Depths nearby so look around if you haven't found it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zore posted:

All of them have one of the Statues of the Depths nearby so look around if you haven't found it

WOW I am loving blind, I didn’t even see it. Thanks!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mendrian posted:

If I could just use my favorite weapon and attachments every time it would make every engagement identical.

For me every encounter was already identical before I removed durability, just like it was in BOTW so literally nothing has changed.

I only removed the durability on the amiibo items, because I don't want unique items like that to break, but I find myself using those weapons the most because they're nostalgic for me and I like their looks.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

pentyne posted:

Yeah also for some reason I cannot get a single Lizalfos tail to drop.

The fuse anything and everything is great until you realize that you might need 10 or more of something for an upgrade rank.

The store at the oasis bazaar in the desert sells 3 lizalfos tails a day fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

The one who sniped me was West of the river in Faron with a Pirate ship, between two cliffs leading to a beach, in a circular area.

There's also the Floating Colisseum in the Depths just under the normal Colisseum with 5 Lynels of increasing level.

The latter location is where I discovered this cheese, I thought it was due to the location being so small but it just works anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0prriVg58