Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Treecko posted:

Remember that the butthole guy is your friend, it's part of the culture. You're one of us now.

:angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
OP, real talk here again.
In order to help you better integrate in to the SA community, here is a thread that you might want to check out.
Its 62 pages of posts, so maybe something that you should look at when you're bored and have a bunch of time, but it was a pretty big deal at the time for a large swath of the forums.

Basically a goon wanted to renovate his bathroom to be more appealing to the :females: and he did some bad things like cut the tops off of engineered joists in his ceiling (or floor depending on how you want to look at it).

Thread is here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464"

Goons: post other important threads that OP can check out when he has time. That'll help him figure out what a bunch of shitheads we are.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

harveys zoo zoos posted:

we were usually allowed to watch the super bowl so that was cool. most guys would bet bats - cigarettes - but i;m not a gambler at all

i liked pro wrestling but that was in the late 80s. what's it like today?

i played soccer in high school and was ok at it. it has gotten bigger in the us now right?

oh man i remember umbro shorts were a fad

Do you like American Football? Fantasy football was something that barely existed in the mid 90s but has now become a permanent craze for 50 million Americans. If you kind of like American football then fantasy football can increase that like 100x.

It would be a fun, free hobby and I'd be happy to walk you through it if there's any interest.

Also this thread owns and reading it has been the highlight of my week

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3221068

wonder if this dude is in jail now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol someone made a doom map of that bathroom and it's great

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I didn't know the keyboard goop story had such an involved plot

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Harvey I got to say I like your style.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Welcome to the forums and the internet at large Harvey. :cheers:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

wesleywillis posted:

Goons: post other important threads that OP can check out when he has time. That'll help him figure out what a bunch of shitheads we are.

OP, you probably saw a lot of crazy poo poo in prison but check out the huge balls on this pig. There’s a huge pig balls thread that’s been going for 4 years

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889777&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Ralph Hurley posted:

OP, you probably saw a lot of crazy poo poo in prison but check out the huge balls on this pig. There’s a huge pig balls thread that’s been going for 4 years

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889777&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=

:aaaaa:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope the OP, and myself honestly, can one day be as happy as that man.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to the forums, Harvey.

Ursula K LeGuin and Octavia Butler blew my frickin' mind too. I've only read one Toni Morrison book, and it wasn't really my thing. Maybe I should read a second one.

Another recent author in that same vein whose books I (and a lot of other people) enjoyed is N K Jemisin.

I think your take on social media, and these forums, is pretty sensible. Like some other goons, I also get paid for doing Internet work, and after a lot of work, I have dialed my Internet involvement back down to roughly where you are currently. I think it's a good place to be.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I thought of another one.

The Little Mermaid is black now and a LOT of people are intensely, psychotically angry about it.

I mean like, national news coverage, multiple people talking over each other at PrimeTime, spitting in rage angry.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 26, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Also the new skin color of choice for president is orange.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Sleeping Beauty better not go woke!!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I've never seen Scarface. I have seen the Lonely Island video w/ Michael Bolton tho so I think I have a good grip on the plot

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Private Cumshoe posted:

Sleeping Beauty better not go woke!!

Calling it now, the Prince is going to ask for consent to kiss her and people are going to lose their loving minds.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cojawfee posted:

SAclopedia is embarrassing and should probably just be deleted. No one needs to learn about edgy jokes from 2005.
It hasn't been updated in forever. I do see that Koala's March is in there, and to no one's surprise it was started by her alt Honey Trap Queen.

But there's no entry for pig balls or even "How do I fix my truck while on safari? I know, I'll ask the pig balls website" and yes AI helped fix his truck (he didn't know that 4 wheel drive had a high and low setting) and yes he was on safari in Africa and yes his first post after lurking for like 11 years was him telling his wife he would check with the pig balls website.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

I think there are some goon meet horror stories about sex in the woods or something? I'm not aware of the full story.

:gooncamp:

I think this emote is supposed to be about that story? Someone will correct me surely.
As the guy who was the :confused: in that smilie, I will explain.

GoonCamp 6 or 8 (I get fuzzy on the dates sometimes) had three main areas, two down by the creek and one up on the top of the hill. At one of the areas on the lower area, two goons that were dating (man and woman) set up their tent somewhat close to the fire pit. Also, they did not set up the rain fly, so someone could look in through the top of the tent which is just netting for ventilation.* Well, they started having loud anal sex, like shouting "gently caress MY rear end", while a bunch of people were bullshitting around the fire pit, and it got attention. I was getting trashed at the other lower campsite, walked by the tent where they were loving, looked in over the top, said "Yep, they're loving" and staggered off up the hill to the other site. I did not observe any rear end To Mouth, but I did observe that they were loving for like a second. They were being exhibitionists and got exhibited and immortalized in a loving smilie.

*the rain fly is important, especially in NC where this took place, because even if it's not raining we get morning dew so if there is no rain fly that means everything inside the tent gets wet from the dew

Oh, and to Harvey, this site is so old that we say "smilie" instead of the newer and basically universal terms "emote" or "emoji"
If you look to the left you can see a link for Smilies and it will show all of the stuff you can add to your posts but no offense at this time I suggest you just stay with text. There are so many smilies at this point and explaining all of them has a thread devoted to that. There are so many inside jokes that I just can't explain at this time.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

CannonFodder posted:

As the guy who was the :confused: in that smilie, I will explain.

GoonCamp 6 or 8 (I get fuzzy on the dates sometimes) had three main areas, two down by the creek and one up on the top of the hill. At one of the areas on the lower area, two goons that were dating (man and woman) set up their tent somewhat close to the fire pit. Also, they did not set up the rain fly, so someone could look in through the top of the tent which is just netting for ventilation.* Well, they started having loud anal sex, like shouting "gently caress MY rear end", while a bunch of people were bullshitting around the fire pit, and it got attention. I was getting trashed at the other lower campsite, walked by the tent where they were loving, looked in over the top, said "Yep, they're loving" and staggered off up the hill to the other site. I did not observe any rear end To Mouth, but I did observe that they were loving for like a second. They were being exhibitionists and got exhibited and immortalized in a loving smilie.

One of the greatest goon stories ever told

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

CannonFodder posted:

Oh, and to Harvey, this site is so old that we say "smilie" instead of the newer and basically universal terms "emote" or "emoji"
If you look to the left you can see a link for Smilies and it will show all of the stuff you can add to your posts but no offense at this time I suggest you just stay with text. There are so many smilies at this point and explaining all of them has a thread devoted to that. There are so many inside jokes that I just can't explain at this time.

My dude I'm just dropping in to say you've been on this website nearly as long as the OP was in jail. :corsair:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

It hasn't been updated in forever. I do see that Koala's March is in there, and to no one's surprise it was started by her alt Honey Trap Queen.

But there's no entry for pig balls or even "How do I fix my truck while on safari? I know, I'll ask the pig balls website" and yes AI helped fix his truck (he didn't know that 4 wheel drive had a high and low setting) and yes he was on safari in Africa and yes his first post after lurking for like 11 years was him telling his wife he would check with the pig balls website.

yes i did make the low quality gangtag

Interstate 1998
Jul 28, 2022
I kind of wish I had that cool of a cousin.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Carth Dookie posted:

My dude I'm just dropping in to say you've been on this website nearly as long as the OP was in jail. :corsair:
He was in there by law, I'm still here by choice.

It's not a well thought out choice by any means, but I have life-long friends through this site.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Harvey, I have been told about this thread from other parts of the forum and I've only read a little bit of this thread but I just want to chime in with everyone else and give you a big welcome.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

wow thank you so much for all the welcome replies. the response has been something i didn;t expect and it has made me teary eyed i really appreciate all of you.

i was with cousin todd on my way to meet with my po and told him, and cousin todd jokingly punched me and said 'haha harvey you pussy. don't let the goons make you soft'

that made me wonder if there is a story about why you are called goons or did it just happen over time

today i am going to walk in the woods near my place and watch birds and sit and breathe for a long time. later i will answer some questions and tell you about a couple of things.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

also i want to ask, i see users with things under their avatar like 'friday crew' and 'klausz boys'. is that for like a club in a subforum or something. i have seen a lot of different ones around

oh and cousin todd is going to start ordering parts for my new computer today.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
for me it's "emoticon"

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

ohhhhh are those 'gang tags'

hahah i went all the way through prison without being affiliated so maybe i shouldnt have one

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

harveys zoo zoos posted:

also i want to ask, i see users with things under their avatar like 'friday crew' and 'klausz boys'. is that for like a club in a subforum or something. i have seen a lot of different ones around

They're called, amusingly, gang tags. They're mostly made by people posting in certain threads as in-jokes. You can usually ask an admin to add one to your avatar if it strikes your fancy.

For example, the ones on my avatar in decending order are Experience Bij - A reference to the Star Trek: The Next Generation VHS game where the Klingon game master character will scream at you to "EXPERIENCE BIJ!" if you screw something up; Karasawa Mode - made for the Armored Core thread is games, a video game series where the most powerful weapon in the game is usually known as the Karasawa; Crisp White Sheets - made for the Ace Combat 7 thread also in games, in reference to a character who has an infamous rant in the game about a bed with crisp white sheets being ruined by the player character, and Dash's Dandies - a joke about a relatively forgettable Star Wars expanded universe character, Dash Rendar.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 26, 2023

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

harveys zoo zoos posted:

Those things under their avatars are called gangtags and they get handed out to willing participants in some threads. I have one for taking a picture of myself with a cereal box on my head amongst other things lol

And as for the response you are getting the forums are kind of slow these days compared to how it was sin the 00s and early 10s (the in joke is that this is a dead gay forum) and people are wondering if you are a new person like you claim to be or that gimmick account thing that has been discussed. I'm leaning towards you being the real deal but even if it was a joke it's still an interesting thread with cool stories, and that's why I ponied up my :10bux:

I think the "goon" thing came from someone who got banned back in the day and they were disparaging us somewhere else but we just adopted the term. Someone else will know for sure.

So yeah welcome to SA and I'm looking forward to hearing more prison stories at your leisure :allears:

Have a good day my dude!

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

harveys zoo zoos posted:

ohhhhh are those 'gang tags'

hahah i went all the way through prison without being affiliated so maybe i shouldnt have one

they're cool and good and you should have as many as possible

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

rear end-penny posted:

I think the "goon" thing came from someone who got banned back in the day and they were disparaging us somewhere else but we just adopted the term. Someone else will know for sure.

According to the SAclopedia it was a webmaster who had been featured on the frontpage and came to the forums to complain about us trashing her guestbook before it cost :10bux:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
'zoo zoos crew'

'harveys road dogs'

Solid gang tag choices, imo. That is, if you want to be associated with an ex-con! No offense intended, Harvey!

isaboo fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 26, 2023

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

hahhaa no worries i would have said the same thing

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Just don't tell your PO you are rocking gang tags

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
i lost my gang tags bc of a red text and need to begin again, a harvey gang tag would be great

edit: to clarify for harvey - the users here can, if they so choose, pay to add red text under another users avatar. someone bought a red text for me and it was a kinda hosed up one, and the mods were kind enough to fix my setup to this avatar/text combo which makes no sense so I love it, but yeah in the process all my gang tags were nuked.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 26, 2023

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Gangtags are more like badges or video game achievements, the way they're used.

It's really just a way to mark "I was there when". Like the one with the land rover that says "pig balls web site" is from an automotive thread where some dude was having car trouble and thought "I bet that pig balls web site could help me fix this" (they did).

Mine is from the BYOB forum, and more or less means I'm not interested in having heated arguments on the Internet.

There's a "Chicken Cheese" one that I think is about a thread where a bunch of people made the same thing for lunch.

In other words, they're about as meaningful as the enamel pins on the vest of your server at Chili's.

cruft fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 26, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The meanest gang here is The Nice Polite Boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Taser Balls Heart Attack commemorates when a man accidentally tased his own balls to death trying to steal a picture of Tip O'Neill from the Capitol Gallery during the Jan. 6 insurrection