Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’m sure this will go to us, the people of the state who were wronged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Thoguh posted:

I'm not the only one who has always called that a Farmer Blow, right?

I call it that or snot rocket

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

holefoods posted:

that'll cover like 5 excessive use of force and wrongful death settlements so the cops can afford to get extra violent

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

PerniciousKnid posted:

I actually already do this, gently caress disposables.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
At this point I expect the bottom falling out to be when they realize they are losing money every time they crack the whip like with how Britain's stock market lost some when they announced cuts/more bank CEO compensation a few months ago.

It'd be the funniest way for poo poo to finally go down. Just like Zap Brannigan trying to overload the kill counter on kill bots.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RadiRoot posted:

https://twitter.com/business/status/1661710454975266821

good to know companies are concerned about our wellbeing to purge us from the toils of wfh. :blessed:

I serve many, many types of people and I immediately pegged this woman as a 100% sure fire heavy drinker.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

That Works posted:

jokes on you lady i always work high

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
people never use drugs in the workplace, right?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

gradenko_2000 posted:

people never use drugs in the workplace, right?

I've definitely never ever ever walked into the shipping and receiving docks and smelled just fuckloads of sticky icky.

I've certainly never walked into the bathroom to hear someone snorting really god drat loudly.

I definitely didn't find tons of booze in peoples desk drawers during various office moves and poo poo that they failed to clean up before IT and the movers did our things.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

I've definitely never ever ever walked into the shipping and receiving docks and smelled just fuckloads of sticky icky.

I've certainly never walked into the bathroom to hear someone snorting really god drat loudly.

I definitely didn't find tons of booze in peoples desk drawers during various office moves and poo poo that they failed to clean up before IT and the movers did our things.

This does not include the company-sponsored after hours liquor and coke showers

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

holefoods posted:

Yeah just like they fixed the bullshit ltc tax lmao

Don’t hold your breath

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I serve many, many types of people and I immediately pegged this woman as a 100% sure fire heavy drinker.

Cool super power.

Apr 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

I immediately pegged this woman

grats

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
my last job we'd occasionally have beer in the office. :unsmith:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The US Treasury's got $49 billion in cash left, so they're really coming down to the wire with this nonsense.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

OhFunny posted:

The US Treasury's got $49 billion in cash left, so they're really coming down to the wire with this nonsense.

That's, what, three days of spending? If the US defaults on Memorial Day that'll be way too ironic.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://jalopnik.com/whistleblower-drops-100-gigabytes-of-tesla-secrets-to-g-1850476542

Whistleblower Drops 100 Gigabytes Of Tesla Secrets To German News Site: Report
The files contain over 1,000 accident reports involving phantom braking or unintended acceleration--mostly in the U.S. and Germany.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
[Economy waiting room]

Me: [chanting] default, default-

Other goons: default, DEFAULT

MODS: [pounding their probe button] DEFAULT, DEFAULT, DEFAULT

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RadiRoot posted:

lucky

as an super unionized public agency worker with extensive performance plans n stuff before someone can get let go, literally the only thing that will get you immediately fired (including union support of firing) is having or consuming alcohol on-site.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

my job with extensive performance plans and inability to immediately fire people brings in beer/setzer/wine to the all-hands (limit: 1)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

What's the point?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

What's the point?

Maybe the size isn't defined

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
As a WFH employee for drat near a decade, having a beer during lunch is praxis.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

What's the point?

i'm pretty sure it's a test but the leftover booze ends up in the break room and slowly disappears over the next day or two regardless

Apr 7, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

As a WFH employee for drat near a decade, having a beer during lunch is praxis.

I've been permitted to work from home since 2012 as much as I need to so all the talk about banning it for the good of the economy is insanely funny.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/po92fx/aita_for_drinking_a_single_busch_light_every_day/

quote:

The first few weeks was a lot of training and the training usually ran over lunch, so they would provide us with a variety of sandwich options/pizza that were catered, as well as drink options (waters, sodas, juice, tea, coffee, etc.) so I would just help myself to whatever they provided. Later in the month, my boss scheduled a lunch at a restaurant with our vendor to introduce me to them and explain my new role, and at this lunch my boss was the first person to order a beer, and the rest of us followed suit. This was another good sign.

Fast forward to last week, training was over and I was starting to settle into a routine and working more on my day to day tasks. That being said, I packed my own lunch, and included in my lunch was a Busch Light. I ate the first few lunches at my desk, undisturbed by anyone else. I didn't think anything of it. Eventually I was invited to eat lunch at the lunchroom upstairs, so I joined some colleagues upstairs for lunch. I unpacked my lunch and cracked open my Busch Light. Immediately I could sense a "What the hell is this guy thinking" vibe from my colleagues, but no one said anything. I brushed it off. Later that day HR stopped by along with my boss and called me into the HR office. They said what I did was unacceptable and that "I'm lucky I'm not getting fired for that type of behavior." I mentioned the vendor lunch and my boss shot me daggers. We ended the meeting with an agreement that I would refrain from drinking alcohol on the job again.

The next day, my boss chewed me out for "throwing him under the bus" and asked me "what the hell I was thinking". I don't get the big deal, no grown adult gets drunk or even buzzed off one single beer with lunch. I was following his lead and thought it was acceptable! So much for "lax".

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

they give me free weed at work and tell me where to smoke it off camera.

its a weed farm though

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

skooma512 posted:

https://jalopnik.com/whistleblower-drops-100-gigabytes-of-tesla-secrets-to-g-1850476542

Whistleblower Drops 100 Gigabytes Of Tesla Secrets To German News Site: Report
The files contain over 1,000 accident reports involving phantom braking or unintended acceleration--mostly in the U.S. and Germany.

100 gb is probably larger than the autopilot software

Apr 7, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

100 gb is probably larger than the autopilot software

I'd hope so

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
child labor is back on the menu boys

quote:

Judge orders Bay Area Subway sandwich operator to stop exploiting child workers

Children as young as 14 operated dangerous equipment and worked excessively long hours at 14 Bay Area Subway shops.

The operator of 14 Bay Area Subway sandwich locations has been slapped with a federal court order forbidding the operator from violating child labor laws, retaliating against workers and obstructing an investigation.

The preliminary injunction, announced Thursday by the Department of Labor, alleges that John Michael Meza, the operator of the franchises, ordered workers as young as 14 to operate dangerous equipment and work hours longer and later than permitted by law.

Meza also allegedly issued bad checks to employees, failed to pay them regularly and kept tips intended for his staff. When an investigation began he then allegedly threatened children who cooperated with investigators. Among those who did cooperate, some allegedly had burns and other injuries associated with the job.

The Subway locations affected are in Antioch, Clayton, Concord, Cotati, Napa, Petaluma, San Pablo, Santa Rosa, Vallejo and Windsor.

“Our investigators learned this Subway franchisee directed young teenagers to operate ovens, toasters, cardboard balers and other equipment, all of which are considered dangerous jobs,” said Assistant District Director Alberto Raymond with the Wage and Hour Division of the labor department in San Francisco.

“The court has ordered the employer to stop jeopardizing the safety and well-being of minor-aged workers, to pay workers as the law requires and to ensure that workers can participate in our investigation without fear.”

Meza is the owner of MZS Enterprises LLC and Crave Brands LLC, based in Brentwood. Also mentioned in the court order is his wife, Jessica Leyva Meza, and associate Hamza Ayesh. They are required to reimburse employees for bounced paychecks going back to 2019 and totaling $265,294. They are also required to pay bank fees incurred by the employees for depositing paychecks that turned out to be bad.

“The preliminary injunction we obtained is one tool we will use to prevent further exploitation and intimidation of young, vulnerable workers,” explained Marc Pilotin, regional solicitor of labor in San Francisco.

“The department will take expeditious legal action when workers’ safety is threatened and when their employers intimidate them or otherwise attempt to obstruct an investigation.”

Reached by phone Thursday, Meza’s labor attorney, Arkady Itkin of San Francisco, said, “Some of the violations will be remedied immediately. Other things will take longer because of the financial hardships my client is undergoing. Two years of lockdowns and back rent owed to landlords have been hard on the business.”
imaging paying $9 for this gristle poo poo sandwich from a child labor sweatshop known as Subway

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Well at least it's only child labour this time and not the other thign

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7ezkm/eating-disorder-helpline-fires-staff-transitions-to-chatbot-after-unionization

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/24/1177847298/can-a-chatbot-help-people-with-eating-disorders-as-well-as-another-human

The chatbot, named Tessa, is described as a “wellness chatbot” and has been in operation since February 2022. The Helpline program will end starting June 1, and Tessa will become the main support system available through NEDA. Helpline volunteers were also asked to step down from their one-on-one support roles and serve as “testers” for the chatbot. According to NPR, which obtained a recording of the call where NEDA fired helpline staff and announced a transition to the chatbot, Tessa was created by a team at Washington University’s medical school and spearheaded by Dr. Ellen Fitzsimmons-Craft. The chatbot was trained to specifically address body image issues using therapeutic methods and only has a limited number of responses.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

When I first started my warehouse job a long time ago the management would do coke in the offices before the shift and then hand out a shitload of Yellowjackets to all the workers and everyone was constantly flipping out and getting into fights and it was pretty hosed up.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

The chatbot, named Tessa, is described as a “wellness chatbot” and has been in operation since February 2022. The Helpline program will end starting June 1, and Tessa will become the main support system available through NEDA. Helpline volunteers were also asked to step down from their one-on-one support roles and serve as “testers” for the chatbot. According to NPR, which obtained a recording of the call where NEDA fired helpline staff and announced a transition to the chatbot, Tessa was created by a team at Washington University’s medical school and spearheaded by Dr. Ellen Fitzsimmons-Craft. The chatbot was trained to specifically address body image issues using therapeutic methods and only has a limited number of responses.

gently caress this is malicious and could easily result in a death or two

also the entire IRB that oversees Fitzsimmons-Craft's work should be liquidated fired

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Complications posted:

That's, what, three days of spending? If the US defaults on Memorial Day that'll be way too ironic.

well apparently all the Republicans went home to their district so there’s no way they’re gonna pass anything this weekend lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would trade all my remaining years for one good jowel pic.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

skooma512 posted:

A handkerchief is good for what, 3-5 blows?

What do I do the other 10 times an hour?
On rare occasions where you're not home and forgot to carry a spare hanketchief, it can get very disgusting.

But when you're in public with no trash nearby and it's that bad, what are you going too do? Carry around a box of Kleenex and stuff the used ones in your pocket? Throw them on the floor/ground?

I've been using them for over forty years thanks to lovely seasonal allergies. I can maybe count on one hand where I've had to carry and continue to use a completely drenched hanketchief and was thankful I had it over desperately hunting for a Kleenex or lowering myself to use a restroom to get ... toilet paper.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/LizAnnSonders/status/1662045795208527874?t=VeuV1BMvsRXcSXvVXtJRVw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

SKULL.GIF posted:

Can you explain why? I can never tell, even if I go out with people, who will be a heavy drinker.

e: You don’t have a bar at work that you have to attend for mandatory fun? :smuggo:

and a website from 1993

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 12:02 on May 26, 2023