Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kuvosa/status/1661955627789488128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I just find it...ahistorical for like of a better word. HW's lead in had us lose everyone but you Alphi and Tataru and by the end of 3.0 you had just Y'sh back, the Ishgard contingent of friends and now Krile.

StB ends its prologue with Papalymo gone, Y'sh gets put in the medical tent and and the rest of the scions splitting up to cover poo poo while you lyse, relative newcomer Ali and Alphi go across the globe to hangout with 3 different sets of new buddies then you come back to let the Ala Mhigo buddies take the limelight for a bit.

ShB was the first time every scion was Around and Doing Things since pre-Titan ARR and even then the first half was you getting everyone back 1 by 1 and thus letting the new cast get focus while you rebuild.

in fairness the main reason Y'sh vanishes for most of Stormblood is apparently her Japanese VA wasn't gonna be available for a bit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
One another consideration re: leaving the Scions behind is that really, they're the WoL's friends. Their paths may take them in different directions and they won't always hang out together but they wanna keep in touch, right? I think it wouldn't quite feel the same if we didn't hear from them now and again. Honestly, part of the game's appeal is a deep ensemble of NPCs and that the player's character is treated as their peer. It's a fun cast, everyone has their favorites and least favorites and ones they are horny for and so on.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
If only XIV's settings specifically had a piece of technology that allows people to hang out in real time over distances

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

goblin week posted:

If only XIV's settings specifically had a piece of technology that allows people to hang out in real time over distances

A major point they've been stressing in the post game is that the Scions all have their own poo poo that they're doing now that we aren't all completely focused on preventing the end of existence.

Yshtola has her research, the twins are doing their work in Garlemald, so on and so on.

Yeah, they're obviously willing to help us, but they've got other priorities and demands on their time, they can't just drop everything and teleport to us every 5 minutes.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

the_steve posted:

Yeah, they're obviously willing to help us, but they've got other priorities and demands on their time, they can't just drop everything and teleport to us every 5 minutes.

Pray return to the Warrior of Light

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

my uncle works at creative business unit 3 and female hrothgar are gonna look like female roegadyn but with cat heads

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I heard femhroths will not be able to wear hats, gloves, or footwear, and will have 'over 5 hairstyles'.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I was looking up the final raid boss's theme on youtube. One video thinks a lyric in the song is "Pride, Greed, First Were We Warned", which sounds close, but not quite on the money to me. The other video thinks that lyric is "I Glee, Thirsty For Wool". :thunk:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Cleared the new EX, was fun, preferred it to the last one. In terms of overall enjoyment, I think I have the following rankings (spoilers for all bosses in EW, ofc):

Barb -> Golbez -> Hydealyn -> Rubicante -> Zodiark -> Endsinger, although Endsinger would be slightly higher if we are only counting running it blind.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm gonna spend the entire weekend queueing healer for the new trial and 2/3 of that time is going to be spent casting raise on the other healer i get queued with

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Look who I found this morning.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Feldegast42 posted:

And then they forgot about her after her expansion was done, she didn't even show up in the Ala Mhigo role quest and had like a one line cameo in EW

She....was part of the counter invasion force.

And she's moved on to non scion poo poo. It's like saying the story just forgot about aymeric after he had the spot light for his plot. It's a stupid criticism.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

goblin week posted:

filler arc of Krile trying to get Estinien to successfully join a Zoom meeting

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I do wish we got more Hilda, even if you could easily say she's been tied up in the house of commons. Such a cool character

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dragongem posted:

filler arc of Krile trying to get Estinien to successfully join a Zoom meeting

Hell, I’d enjoy that patch.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
While I generally like how the game treated Lyse, part of me does wish she stuck around for Shadowbringers. I feel like 'I'm the Ascian that literally founded the Garlean Empire' would've gone... rather differently if the group included a character that was deeply and tangibly affected by that empire.

I get that that would probably have either led to SHadowbringers playing out very differently or them struggling with Lyse as a character if they did that, but I would like to at least see her react to 'wait you met WHAT'

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cleretic posted:

While I generally like how the game treated Lyse, part of me does wish she stuck around for Shadowbringers. I feel like 'I'm the Ascian that literally founded the Garlean Empire' would've gone... rather differently if the group included a character that was deeply and tangibly affected by that empire.

I don't. She would have had some angry words and been dismissed out of hand like he did everybody else because in his mind he was operating on an entirely different moral level.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Feeling like Walter White in the car screaming in the new EX while I watch my healers slowrez people despite having a full lb3 bar and oh towers 2 is coming up and oh we're all dead because the 8th guy wasn't rezzed in time and why didn't we use healer lb3 like 5 minutes ago again?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Cleretic posted:

I get that that would probably have either led to SHadowbringers playing out very differently or them struggling with Lyse as a character if they did that, but I would like to at least see her react to 'wait you met WHAT'

The Empire dropped a loving moon on Eorzea, which had Bahamut in it, and that's just a start. Everyone who lives there was deeply and tangibly affected by them.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ibblebibble posted:

Feeling like Walter White in the car screaming in the new EX while I watch my healers slowrez people despite having a full lb3 bar and oh towers 2 is coming up and oh we're all dead because the 8th guy wasn't rezzed in time and why didn't we use healer lb3 like 5 minutes ago again?

Feeling blessed that the knockback comedy return in that trial doesn't happen faster than arm's length comes off of cooldown. Unless it does in ex, in which case my condolences.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Failboattootoot posted:

Feeling blessed that the knockback comedy return in that trial doesn't happen faster than arm's length comes off of cooldown. Unless it does in ex, in which case my condolences.
In the EX you can't anti-kb the kb

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Arms Length and such probably don’t prevent the knock back in EX.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

My static ran it last night and I believe one of the casters mentioned Surecast not working, yeah

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They don't. You can tell because the knockback indicator is purple.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

another confirmation that you can't immune it, which is good. back in o2s there was a mechanic called Long Drop that had a required knockback component in it. warrior's inner release was newly added to the game and I hadn't yet internalized that among other effects it makes you immune to knockback. caused quite a few wipes before realizing what was wrong

Tamba posted:

They don't. You can tell because the knockback indicator is purple.

oh my god have you cracked the code

RME
Feb 20, 2012

It’s recent but yeah they’ve been starting to mark ones that go through immunity with a purple effect rather than the usual orange

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Valentin posted:

i'm more referring to the fact that they remade yda into an entirely different character
people always say this and i never get it. she wanted to punch stuff and was kind of stupid but had a good heart. afterwards she wants to punch stuff and was kind of stupid but had a good heart. her arc was about stepping up as leader. it's not executed pretty well but like, shes the same person. unless you miss her insanely ugly arr gear idk what people mean by this

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Endorph posted:

people always say this and i never get it. she wanted to punch stuff and was kind of stupid but had a good heart. afterwards she wants to punch stuff and was kind of stupid but had a good heart. her arc was about stepping up as leader. it's not executed pretty well but like, shes the same person. unless you miss her insanely ugly arr gear idk what people mean by this

They decided that Yda was dead, so they made her into Lyse pretending to be Yda.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I appreciate that while Lyse grows and matures and all there’s still the occasional moment where she is still a gal who thinks with her fists. I honestly do wish we saw more of her post Stormblood even if “her story is done” and all.

I do wonder why specifically the writers decided on her having a new name and her old name was actually her dead sister’s and so on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

uh, what?

i mean her name changed but its the same person we've been following forever. its the same person. i guess you can call it a 'retcon' but the yda we knew was always lyse. its not like yda died off screen five seconds before the end of heavensward and was replaced.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

i gotta say i like having a Real Big Yard

except i don't appreciate the explorer mammet standing eXACTLY where i would want to extend the boardwalk. fucker.

is there a floor change option or did you have to individually place all of those floor coverings

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

is there a floor change option or did you have to individually place all of those floor coverings

There’s been a floor change option the whole time. Make some island prisms out of clear prisms and then check the logboard of your house for glamours.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Badger of Basra posted:

You can change your island's look to any of the earlier looks. It looks like they went back to the grassy "unspoiled" style look. Just go to your cabin and you can see all of the options.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Endorph posted:

uh, what?

i mean her name changed but its the same person we've been following forever. its the same person. i guess you can call it a 'retcon' but the yda we knew was always lyse. its not like yda died off screen five seconds before the end of heavensward and was replaced.

No, but I'm pretty sure that Yda died offscreen between 1.0 and 2.0

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Endorph posted:

I mean I say it because they did it and sold it in the story that way. There is nothing afaicr that leans on the Yda-Lyse reveal at all, it adds very little to her character, and her entire story in stormblood could've been done as Yda with no issue. But the story comes to a screeching halt to get rid of "Yda" and incorporate Lyse. She could've easily just taken off the mask. If anything I feel it undoes a lot of her earlier characterization as the contrast between Yda and the other scions gets reduced to "oh yeah she just wasn't actually an archon so attribute any weirdness to that". she's waaaaay less kind of stupid when she's openly lyse than when she's pretending to be Yda, honestly, which is a part of it.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 26, 2023

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

the_steve posted:

Except G'raha

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Garlemalds invasion of Ala Mhigo happened prior to the events of 1.0.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

yda died before ff14 1.0. it was lyse back in 1.0 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kheldarn posted:

Yda, as in the older sister, died in Ala Mhigo prior to 1.0.