Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CzarChasm posted:

8 seconds?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109021/

It's 1994, but takes place in 1987

iirc it was a short and not a feature. Also didn't really have a wife or romantic interest or recognizable cast. There's a chance we were shown a clip of something bigger but I'd have to go through it to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Posting for a friend:

1st.

quote:

An Italian horror film, like a Giallo film. In it three men pin this one man up against a wall in what looks like a dungeon and they then savagely murder him and rip him apart.

I watched a video on YouTube of 10 film deaths, the music for it was black sabbath by black sabbath. It was around 2007 when YouTube videos had the blue screen with white font lists.

2nd.

quote:

It's an Irish short film about a man who takes his mum into a local town on a tractor and it breaks down while they're crossing the sea.

Thanks goons.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Posting for a friend:

1st.

2nd.

Thanks goons.

Are they wearing any kind of masks or costumes in the 1st one? Making me thing of a Blind Dead movie

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

#1 could be Savage 3, there's a sequence where they kill the poo poo out of a guy in a place with stone walls.

Lamanda
Apr 18, 2003

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Posting for a friend:

1st.

Could be The Beyond

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions but he says it's none of these films.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

movie about a woman whose a game dev being stalked and harassed

think it's european, came out either just before pandemic or just after

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Elle, by Paul Verhoeven

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Martman posted:

Elle, by Paul Verhoeven

ty

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Alan Smithee posted:

Extremely European, 2016.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it was a sort of pandemic

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

crosspost since now im curious

Data Graham posted:

Wasn't "EuroDisney is full of rude French employees" a meme that just sort of took over immediately the instant it opened? I remember in like 1992 (when Beauty and the Beast was still new) there was a parody song going around from the POV of surly French park employees singing "we detest... every guest... from the west!"

I can't find it googling anymore so it must not have been SNL or one of the Simpsons riffs on Krustyland ("Who are you to resist it, eh? My children need wine!"), I wonder wtf it was

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Sci fi movie:

Long movie, space elements, they had a big fight at the end - they turn to each other and smile after winning, and then one of the main characters immediately gets impaled on a pillar and are hanging there.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Firefly?

I didn't watch it

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Alan Smithee posted:

Firefly?

I didn't watch it

Not that one, but yes on the impaling thing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Aliens?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

It's the first thing I thought of, and it made me sad that there might be someone out there who cared so little about Aliens.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011
You gotta help me this is driving me nuts. Also it might be a tv series i'm not sure.

2 brothers are on a rooftop, pretty sure they're black, i think it's one brothers wedding and the other one has been shown to be mentally ill previously. They're talking, having a beer, when suddenly while the other is still talking, the mentally ill one looks ahead and walks off the roof to his death.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

HATEPOSTING posted:

You gotta help me this is driving me nuts. Also it might be a tv series i'm not sure.

2 brothers are on a rooftop, pretty sure they're black, i think it's one brothers wedding and the other one has been shown to be mentally ill previously. They're talking, having a beer, when suddenly while the other is still talking, the mentally ill one looks ahead and walks off the roof to his death.

Interview with the Vampire, the TV series.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

Sirotan posted:

Interview with the Vampire, the TV series.

Thank you so much

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Abugadu posted:

Sci fi movie:

Long movie, space elements, they had a big fight at the end - they turn to each other and smile after winning, and then one of the main characters immediately gets impaled on a pillar and are hanging there.

Chronicles of Riddick?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Abugadu posted:

Sci fi movie:

Starship Troopers?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Abugadu posted:

Sci fi movie:

OK I know Firefly was nixed earlier, but that's the show not the movie. So just to be sure... Serenity?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Likely Chronicles of Riddick, thanks all!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sir Nose posted:

OK I know Firefly was nixed earlier, but that's the show not the movie. So just to be sure... Serenity?

Like.... I wasn't super invested in the show as a whole, but what a downer that moment was.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Someone picks a metal sliver from underneath their fingernail to pick their handcuffs.

Also, a completely separate movie where someone picks a metal sliver out of their shoulder to pick their handcuffs.

Neither are Silence of the lambs, where he regurgitates and palms a piece of metal to pick his handcuffs.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

ruddiger posted:

Someone picks a metal sliver from underneath their fingernail to pick their handcuffs.

Also, a completely separate movie where someone picks a metal sliver out of their shoulder to pick their handcuffs.

Neither are Silence of the lambs, where he regurgitates and palms a piece of metal to pick his handcuffs.

The shoulder is Die Hard with a Vengeance

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Fingernail is Con Air, I think.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I thought the pins were embedded in their palms in Con Air but I haven't seen it in absolutely ages.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
jinx^^^

I thought Con air was in the palm of the hand but there’s a few of them doing it, so it might be in there. I should definitely watch that movie again.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DRINK ME posted:

jinx^^^

I thought Con air was in the palm of the hand but there’s a few of them doing it, so it might be in there. I should definitely watch that movie again.

I just checked, Cyrus and Diamond Dog both pull a shard out of the palms of their hands

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I was only going to watch the opening scenes of ConAir to check the handcuff thin but ended up watching the entire thing, it's such a satisfying action film.

John Malkovich's big villain death scene is so amazingly over the top :allears:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i got to see danny trejo do a demo shoot in a jail set and then took off

well that's my story hope you enjoyed it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I was only going to watch the opening scenes of ConAir to check the handcuff thin but ended up watching the entire thing, it's such a satisfying action film.

John Malkovich's big villain death scene is so amazingly over the top :allears:

I always loved how oddly silly he looked barely scrambling as the camera zoomed in super fast. At least that's how it is in my mind.

Also, I used to go by a different online name, and because I usually do first and last names, the last name I'd chosen was 'Larken', specifically because I'd just seen Con Air, and someone told me that I sort of looked like John Cusack.

Edit: nm, I just rewatched that scene and his head doesn't even move.

Now I'm wondering if my brain just added that, or if I'm thinking of another quick zoom in to someone's face as their head moves unnaturally quickly

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 30, 2023

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Cannot for the life of me remember the name of this movie, please help.

A kid in the mid-west, on a farm in the great grassy buggerall, like Kansas or something. He's waiting for his Big Brother to return from a war or military service. Big Brother comes home, older and sadder. Big Brother meets a woman, they're hot for each other. Big Brother starts to get sick, Kid Brother becomes convinced that the woman is a vampire preying on Big Brother and slowly killing him. Turns out Big Brother is dying from radiation sickness, I believe from observing/being exposed to nuclear weapons testing while in service. Kid Brother also finds an animal carcass or something similarly gross in a barn and believes it's an alien. Or maybe he thought it was an angel. I think he attacked his kid friend over it.

I can't remember how it ended. But the Kid came off as a seriously disturbed brain with far too much unsupervised time to exercise his delusions. (I'd also appreciate if anybody who knows the film could clarify if the carcass from the barn was supposed to be a dead animal or a miscarried or aborted fetus, though god knows why somebody would just dump a miscarried/aborted fetus in a barn. In either case, I'm sure it was all supposed to be very symbolic.)

Filox fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 31, 2023

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Filox posted:

Cannot for the life of me remember the name of this movie, please help.
Looks like it's called The Reflecting Skin, and it has Viggo Mortensen! Sounds cool.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Martman posted:

Looks like it's called The Reflecting Skin, and it has Viggo Mortensen! Sounds cool.

Holy gently caress that was Viggo Mortenson!

Thanks, it was driving me nuts.

Edit: Reading up on it, wikipedia had clarifying info on the barn carrion.

Filox fucked around with this message at 08:51 on May 31, 2023

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That movie is great

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

white noise?