Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Elon Musk has consistently lied his way to where he is now - why would he stop now?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's jumped the gun on this announcement hoping to put pressure on regulators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

lmao how the gently caress did it get FDA approval.

“As you can see on this slide, we will cut a hole in the skull and then shove a bunch of wires inside”
“I can see a lot of problems with this idea”
“You won’t care”
“Fair enough! Approved”

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Kit Walker posted:

“As you can see on this slide, we will cut a hole in the skull and then shove a bunch of wires inside”
“You won’t care”
“Fair enough! Approved”

Last I heard 2 out of 17 monkeys with the implant survived, so it should be fine*

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kit Walker posted:

“You won’t care”
“Fair enough! Approved”

I'm assuming they just said they were doing some sort of test on an established procedure that involves shoving electrodes in your brain (there's a few of those and they're gross imo) and just completely lied about what they were telling investors.

I've always felt like the real encapsulation of Elon's business strategy was that the Vegas loop had a minimum traffic capacity on the (on spec!) contract that exceeded massively the maximum traffic on their fire code submissions. Just two flatly contradictory plans to two agencies of the same government.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
unless we see what testing plan has been "approved" by the FDA, that announcement doesn't mean anything. like the FDA approving the first trial could be based on the 'first trial' being some totally non-invasive EEG based prototype "that will of course someday be turned into a tiny chip that gets soldered right into your brain"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

starting to think musks public support for Ron! is to stop all the fed investigations of his companies if he’s elected

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

unless we see what testing plan has been "approved" by the FDA, that announcement doesn't mean anything. like the FDA approving the first trial could be based on the 'first trial' being some totally non-invasive EEG based prototype "that will of course someday be turned into a tiny chip that gets soldered right into your brain"

it's 100% this until proven otherwise

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Musk painpigs immediately prostrate themselves before him, shouting, "please solder tiny chips into my brain Mr. Musk"

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i should follow this thread more. this was probably posted already but lol

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1661892403819868160

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

the last time the chatgpt monocle was written up, it was being pitched as a dating accessory to up your Game

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/unseenops/status/1661499544297717762

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

badass

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

after the cdc and the pandemic I’m sure the fda is a force for evil too

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Religion, just like something from Warhammer 40,000

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

people still be people-ing

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RadiRoot posted:

Bring on the Mrs. Davis future I am ready to just live my life by whatever the LLM tells me

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I have a friend who's become a andrew tate/jordan peterson type 37 year old twice divorced guy. And he uses chatGPT to write almost every correspondance now including to women he wants to meet up with and I never understood the logic. This thing simulates a human writing aren't you a human? just write. isn't the fun of flirting that you're like connecting with someone with what you choose to say?

its the most alien thing in the world to me

like meeting up with a girl, handing over a vibrator and leaving the room, thinking you've scored

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

his texts to me used to be like 'you free wanna meet up' and now they are like "Hello dear old friend. I have time available today and I was wondering if you would enjoy meeting with me. We could go to a coffee shop, a restaurant, or a bar."

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antonymous posted:

I have a friend who's become a andrew tate/jordan peterson type 37 year old twice divorced guy. And he uses chatGPT to write almost every correspondance now
incredibly depressing image, sorry about your friend :( I've got an ex-friend who radicalized himself into a far-right culture warrior with an anxiety disorder by getting all his news from some far-right blog.

https://twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/1661955641811017733

ekuNNN has issued a correction as of 19:42 on May 26, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Musk saying he'd implant his own kids is very funny to me because of how much he obviously loves his children.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Antonymous posted:

I have a friend who's become a andrew tate/jordan peterson type 37 year old twice divorced guy. And he uses chatGPT to write almost every correspondance now including to women he wants to meet up with and I never understood the logic. This thing simulates a human writing aren't you a human? just write. isn't the fun of flirting that you're like connecting with someone with what you choose to say?

like meeting up with a girl, handing over a vibrator and leaving the room, thinking you've scored

I want to meet someone like this and pick their brain. It would have to be in person though, for obvious reasons.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

after the cdc and the pandemic I’m sure the fda is a force for evil too

Not arguing that, I'm just clarifying that that statement from Musk/Neuralink means as much as his statements saying that the Tesla's will have cold gas thrusters that will enable them to fly

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

he told me he's studying quantum physics recently (which means watching youtube videos) he's just that kind of person. I'm sure you've met them

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Antonymous posted:

he told me he's studying quantum physics recently (which means watching youtube videos) he's just that kind of person. I'm sure you've met them

He may be a Danny McBride character

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Antonymous posted:

his texts to me used to be like 'you free wanna meet up' and now they are like "Hello dear old friend. I have time available today and I was wondering if you would enjoy meeting with me. We could go to a coffee shop, a restaurant, or a bar."

Lmao

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Antonymous posted:

i think you will find that the real gratification comes from minmaxxing love

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Antonymous posted:

I don't know how I'd not be laughing in their face about how stupid they are.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Oh my god. They were roommates!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

tangy yet delightful posted:

I don't know how I'd not be laughing in their face about how stupid they are.

it sounds like this guy is trying to pare down on the face to face contact tbf

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Antonymous posted:

Mastering the AI so I can spool up as much passive income from generated work as possible so I can buy as many dildos and vibrators as possible for as many different sex workers as possible so I can go down in history as the guy who hosed more than anyone else

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

RadiRoot posted:

Yes but I don't think I knew it was so ugly

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
we will never be able to upload our consciousness but we’re already in the process of offloading it. you don’t need a neural lace to be a man-machine hybrid. that man is a pioneer

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Kit Walker posted:

Mastering the AI so I can spool up as much passive income from generated work as possible so I can buy as many dildos and vibrators as possible for as many different sex workers as possible so I can go down in history as the guy who hosed more than anyone else

Just do the Zizek thing and accrue passive fucks. Plastic dicks in plastic vaginas, vibrating - forever.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

tangy yet delightful posted:

Musk saying he'd implant his own kids is very funny to me because of how much he obviously loves his children.

Surely if he'd implant them in his children he'll be the first volunteer to have it implanted in his own brain, right? Right?

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

God it’s like the Venture bed but worse.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/HeyGen_Official/status/1661113654413250560

Imagine there's no ethics, it's easy if you try.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

So lifelike!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

starkebn posted:

So lifelike!

Exactly as lifelike as the real John.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009