Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dabir posted:

There's a villain in the IDW Transformers comics who has the power to force other bots to transform while simultaneously making them forget how to, so they turn themselves inside-out.
Glinner origin story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Glinner origin story.

Cisformers: No Birds In The Guys'

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is there a contradiction there though? They want (white) Britons to exclusively live in the relatively secure misery of Britane, and everyone else can gently caress Off.

But they simultaneously think nobody should want to live in Dangerousland, and the Dangerouslanders should all go back there. Their opinions only reconcile if one group of people is innately inferior (which is what they believe, of course). It's what I like to call a cuntradiction.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dabir posted:

There's a villain in the IDW Transformers comics who has the power to force other bots to transform while simultaneously making them forget how to, so they turn themselves inside-out. That's Kwasi's budget.

huh so do they transform still or just start clipping out

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Imagine getting made to climb a ladder, but also forgetting how exactly that works, so your limbs start moving but in all the wrong ways. Now apply that to rearranging the structure of your entire body into a car.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jesus H Christ

https://twitter.com/nickwallis/status/1662006049002463237?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

:catstare::catstare:

New stamps coming along well

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Remember here that this is a scandal that started in 1996, not 1926.

In semi-related news, a good (grim) thread about how Labour's complaints process supports its culture of bigotry:

https://twitter.com/mattjlloyd/status/1662067944988241921?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
TIL about the existence of the official Conservative Party shop, some genuine nightmare stuff on offer
https://shop.conservatives.com/

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/postoffice/status/1662051346743214081?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

15 years old. It's from 2008. Jeeesus.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I wish I could say that this table looks like it should only be found in a racist RPG, but the fact it's in an official Public Body made in the dim distant year of (checks notes) 2008, is horrifying.

Also I wonder what category that "Irish" would be placed in. (I suspect its either under the "British" entry or "Unknown")

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What were the prosecutions about? I am lacking context, not that context could in any way make that kind of profiling excusable.

Dan Wooton looks like a badly upscaled Deus Ex NPC.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 26, 2023

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

Also I wonder what category that "Irish" would be placed in. (I suspect its either under the "British" entry or "Unknown")

Depends if you're talking about the True Gael or the West Brit

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

peanut- posted:

TIL about the existence of the official Conservative Party shop, some genuine nightmare stuff on offer
https://shop.conservatives.com/

funny, the labour party have the exact same thing for sale on their website?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What were the prosecutions about? I am lacking context, not that context could in any way make that kind of profiling excusable.

Presumably the one where the computer system they bought was a piece of poo poo and they insisted no actually the system is fine we just have a lot of thieving postmasters to prosecute.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Post_Office_scandal

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is genuinely hilarious to me that they invented the virgin/chad all those years ago.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Dan Wooton looks like a badly upscaled Deus Ex NPC.

Was accusations of stealing from your place of work essentially, it turned out to be a massive computer error in either every case or the vast, vast majority of cases. Loads of people working for the post office had their lives ruined because of it cause they were prosecuted and at best lost their jobs and had the "fact" that they'd been fired for stealing as a matter of record.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

It is genuinely hilarious to me that they invented the virgin/chad all those years ago.

I think this goes back to our oldest stories. The Virgin Gilgamesh vs the Chad Enkidu

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"The thoughless man. The credulous man. The lover of cheap and untrue sensationalism."

Truly ahead of their time.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Not even the worst things about the chart, but why are Nigerians and Africans mentioned separately? You see that a lot in a xenophobic context in southern Africa, "African = our proud brothers and friends, Nigerian = thug, job stealer", but I'm sure that's not what this chart is doing, it's doing something else terrible. And why are French white and Spanish dark? I guarantee whoever compiled it could not tell the difference between Jean Dujardin and Dani Carvajal, and they saw a Mexican in an old Western once and had to have a lie down.

Works cited:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Were they using some mid-century race science textbook as a reference? Who was talking about the "Siamese" in 2008? Just a bizarre set of choices, even if you accept that the post office really needed a detailed racial breakdown of the employees it was falsely accusing.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Failed Imagineer posted:

Depends if you're talking about the True Gael or the West Brit

The Chad Collins vs the Virgin de Valera.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
The descriptions are slightly more racist than usual, but those are the classifications police still use today.

The investigation team were probably ex coppers.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

“we’re clear that it is no excuse that *excuse*”

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

One brand of fabric we use in the prosthetics clinic I work in comes in different colours to match different skin tones. The darkest tone is still referred to as 'negroid' on our EMS. The earliest data uploaded to our current EMS was 2015. :suicide:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

As usual, the Irish are hidden under #7. :argh:

edit: The Question IRL beat me to it. lol :tipshat:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 26, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/PaulRim12810742/status/1662003703262453761

National Housing Party UK running on the "Henry VIII was entirely too soft" platform.

Nice of them to evacuate all the BAME people before Khmer Rouging the country into the ground.

lol @ "Ban the UN"
*walks out of security council seat, everyone else laughs and goes back to what they were doing*

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Works cited:

Lol this brings back memories, I can probably attribute a big chunk of my implicit biases to this venerable tome

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
IC codes were in use well into the 10s to my knowledge, maybe they still are? Used to hear "IC1/IC3 male" from the loss prevention ppl all the time when working retail. IC3 was very firmly black tho not 'negroid' lol

also love that they just wrote 'asians (miscellaneous)' under indian/pakistani and also that the secular french have made it in to the aryan club but the papist spaniards/italians are not to be trusted

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

The Question IRL posted:

i was told ic2 (catholic) ten years ago fwiw

Rustybear fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 26, 2023

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulRim12810742/status/1662003703262453761

National Housing Party UK running on the "Henry VIII was entirely too soft" platform.

Nice of them to evacuate all the BAME people before Khmer Rouging the country into the ground.

lol @ "Ban the UN"
*walks out of security council seat, everyone else laughs and goes back to what they were doing*

I reckon you could be a bit more generous than an acre per man given how few people would be left after that. You might as well have some room to stretch out while you're reverting to a Bronze Age society without the cosmopolitanism.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder who is going to be banning things if everybody's armed?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Holding my firearm level at the baying mob as I walk backwards into the UN security council.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You'd definitely have to be very specific about the order you do things in and even then I think you'd have issues.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

big scary monsters posted:

I reckon you could be a bit more generous than an acre per man given how few people would be left after that. You might as well have some room to stretch out while you're reverting to a Bronze Age society without the cosmopolitanism.
Depends how much of Britain you have left once you've armed everyone and tried partitioning everywhere.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If we get to pick weapons I'd quite like a bill. Have a soft spot for agricultural implements that are specially designed to kill aristos.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
"negroid" sounds like something from nazi sci-fi

:wtc:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is in the sense that it's an old scientific word from when scientists spent a lot of time looking at skulls and making race tier lists.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
White people are 'Caucasoid' because some dickweed found a skull that he thought was the perfect geometrical proportions and also thought that it came from the Caucasus. That's the level of science at play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

old timey scientists will hit age 25 and make one of four things their personality:

calipers
animal cruelty
dying of chemistry
volcel physics enthusiast