Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I feel like if I was building a Gunpla for that I'd use the Tallgeese III (my favorite MS) with the FLAT's hyper vibration if I could get it. That is a really powerful, slept on defensive ability.

If I could get REALLY greedy, maybe put the copy/paste shield ability on the shield the heat rod comes out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If it wasn't P Bandai I'd go with a GM Spartan for the base just because of the name.

Chief is really going for the Halo Reach hourglass waist big butt look with that figure tho

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

just got my psycho zaku delivered and jfc this thing is gigantic

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A lot of it is the fuel tanks.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

If it wasn't P Bandai I'd go with a GM Spartan for the base just because of the name.

Chief is really going for the Halo Reach hourglass waist big butt look with that figure tho

It's also a really cool kit, having just finished it. It's also got a holstered knife, a really detailed minigun, and a deployable Minovsky spreader.

The GM Spartan might be the most badass grunt in its lineage. Sure, it's not as powerful as the Jesta or the Jamesgun, but the whole suit is built around Being Giant Robot Rambo, disappearing into smoke and haze only to appear behind some poor bastard to slit his throat with a knife the size of a buick.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

RG hi-nu on sale for $35.99 as USAGS, do not sleep on this one, forget what that one poster said this is the best kit bandai ever made
https://www.usagundamstore.com/prod...T9s3bhJ_.QPkpvt

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

In the early days of January I was bitching about the HG Tieren Ground Type kit I was building due to misaligned parts and mould lines (old kit, reprinted too often probably). After slowly working on it every so often it's finally finished and cleaned up!

No stickers since there is paint in its future.

I still love the design but boy was this build making me work for it. I did have to cut almost all of the internal pegs, glued the parts to make them fit, hunted down mould lines/flash in several spots and then got to filling & sanding the leftover seam lines. I did learn a lot while doing it so it's not all bad but I really lost sight of how much time I spent on it over the last months.

Let's go on a tour through seam line city

Both shoulder pieces have a line going almost all the way around, the forearms have a line on both sides and the upper part of the head also has a line all the way through.

Thighs and shins both have a line front & back. At least the front line on the shins is covered so you don't need to bother. The backside of the feet also has a line and the flanks of the waist unit do too. Saner people probably ignore these.

The gun is built with two parts and has seams in places that are awkward to sand and another line at the bottom.

Lines around the whole inner side of the shields and I really didn't dare to try and fix this with thin cement. I put in a lot of effort to smooth out the putty in all places but I can only really tell after it's primed. Should be fine though.

I guess all those seams are the true mark of a 2007 kit?

The backskirt is hollow btw so I filled it with parts from the MS Panel set and putty for the small holes on the outside. Can't even be called customizing imo but the part was buggin me.

Love my little guy but I won't open another old kit for a few months at least :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Facebook keeps trying to advertise the P-Bandai GM Spartan to me and it's working--you know, except for the fact that preorders are closed and all because P-Bandai.

Any bets on how long until I try my luck on ebay?

chiasaur11 posted:

It's also a really cool kit, having just finished it. It's also got a holstered knife, a really detailed minigun, and a deployable Minovsky spreader.

The GM Spartan might be the most badass grunt in its lineage. Sure, it's not as powerful as the Jesta or the Jamesgun, but the whole suit is built around Being Giant Robot Rambo, disappearing into smoke and haze only to appear behind some poor bastard to slit his throat with a knife the size of a buick.

This is a big part of the appeal to me--the smoke dischargers intrinsically tie it to real world armor in my mind, which I think is a nice touch. And the thought just entered my mind to give it mobile suit scale engineering tools. GMs digging out fox holes to go hull down before an attack.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Warmachine posted:

Facebook keeps trying to advertise the P-Bandai GM Spartan to me and it's working--you know, except for the fact that preorders are closed and all because P-Bandai.

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2619355001003

Showing in stock for me

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Maybe I should have searched P-Bandai instead of trusting Google to have an up-to-date reference in the search results. And after all the ink I've spilled ranting about how SEO killed the search engine. :doh:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

poo poo I haven’t even made my hi-nu and now I see the bazooka is available. Bad time to be unemployed

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Snowy posted:

poo poo I haven’t even made my hi-nu and now I see the bazooka is available. Bad time to be unemployed

Bazooka and the effect parts. :homebrew:

edit: RIP my wallet. 2x GM Spartan, RG Hi-Nu Bazooka and Effect Parts.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 24, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does that P Bandai link also ship to Canada? I'm at work so I can't look in too much detail right now.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

JoeGlassJAw posted:

RG hi-nu on sale for $35.99 as USAGS, do not sleep on this one, forget what that one poster said this is the best kit bandai ever made

tempting but I've already got two models needing doing and two more coming in November and I promised myself I'd be something approaching disciplined about this stuff. I am going to get a can of semi-gloss top coat for the Sazabi tho, while I'm looking

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Warmachine posted:

Bazooka and the effect parts. :homebrew:

edit: RIP my wallet. 2x GM Spartan, RG Hi-Nu Bazooka and Effect Parts.

Hellyeah

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Oh no

And the shipping isn't worth it if I don't add a few more kits...

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh no

And the shipping isn't worth it if I don't add a few more kits...

Before i submitted my order I needed to have my wife talk me out of buying a MG Sazabi. Twice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh thank God the discount is over. Now the temptation can be replaced with FOMO

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

I made a huge lad. He is huge.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/ZabineRespecter/status/1661699788260220928?s=20

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Truth.

Just started on the Meng Eva-02a, it goes up to Y.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Iirc, the HMM Gojulas went up to GG or some poo poo.
It wrapped around the alphabet.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

some recent work

HG shiki and zeta revive. shiki was great, and the "gold" actually looks a lot better in person. i also matte coated the zeta so the shiki looks even shinier next to it. zeta was a bit of a bummer, needed lots of paint/stickers. I did the stickers for the orange on the shoulders but I'm proud of myself for masking and painting the red on the wings and shield, it came out pretty nice.

me, my son

both really outstanding. HG needed quite a bit of paint, basically all the grey/black you see on the arms on legs, and the red on the knees. plastic was a little brittle too, you can see where the panel lining bled into some veins on the front skirt. was a fun build though. the MG had just two color correcting stickers, the grey squares on the side skirts, which I painted instead. both versions have a really unique gimmick where there is another bend below the knee around the calf which really accentuates the cool curves of Syd Mead's designs. the MG still an awesome build despite being released I think like 20 years ago. I don't even build MGs generally but I loved this one. only downside is connecting to an action base; it comes with a piece that connects to its back but it is not stable at all, and the crotch is too wide for the 4 prong connection, so I have it held up with the claw for now which seems to be working. might try and track down a Moonlight Butterfly effect expansion at some point, I think that comes with its own action base connector too

MOOnlight butterfly

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Turn A is just a cool design that gets cooler the longer you look at it.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Why won’t they reprint the Turn X?

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

CommunityEdition posted:

Why won’t they reprint the Turn X?

the turn a is getting a reprint really soon (i was impatient and found a local seller) but yeah i havent seen any turn x listings and idk why. i would go feral for one at non-ebay prices

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

boz posted:

Truth.

Just started on the Meng Eva-02a, it goes up to Y.

Be careful with the foot shield plate thingys. It's real easy to snap the connection to the leg.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Skrillmub posted:

Be careful with the foot shield plate thingys. It's real easy to snap the connection to the leg.

Will keep an eye out, much appreciated

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

JoeGlassJAw posted:

the turn a is getting a reprint really soon (i was impatient and found a local seller) but yeah i havent seen any turn x listings and idk why. i would go feral for one at non-ebay prices

It's probably about due for one, hold out another 6 months and see what they announce.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Some new Moderoid kits were announced that I think are spoilers for Gridman Universe.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Lol, well ironically my Kyokai Senkei limb set arrived but it's staying in the Warehouse awhile. Adding it to the other stuff turned $45AUD shipping into $125AUD shipping. :stonklol:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Finished my MG 'corn today. It is crazy how bad the knees on this thing are but the Unicorn mode looks so clean and the Destroy mode is cool too. I used the MGEX decals since I just preferred them.

And here's my MG shelf. Think I'm gonna take a break for a bit, invest in some shelves etc because a couple of those poses are Precarious.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-nonzero-series-the-entropy-of-titans-raijin-nzs-05-3-hxn50142

I have no experience with this company but the kit looks really cool and for how it looks and does the prices seem alright.

Someone got an early copy of this kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX2ydg202bg

USA gundam store seems to have it for a pretty drat affordable price.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mindblast posted:

https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-nonzero-series-the-entropy-of-titans-raijin-nzs-05-3-hxn50142

I have no experience with this company but the kit looks really cool and for how it looks and does the prices seem alright.

It's an interesting design. I'm not a fan of the short forearm cannons though, I think it would've been better if they'd gone for maybe gatling guns there. Mix up the weapon designs a little beyond the blocky barrels of the shoulder and back cannons. Or at least have them telescope out a bit to fire.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Mindblast posted:

I've been getting quite a few 3rd party kits advertised by Newtype.us and while I liked a lot of them, I thought a few were a bit overdesigned and expensive

This though I might legit try to pick up if my next pay check allows

Edit: actually wait, gently caress I was going to check out that third party Infinite Dimension Genesis kit first

MechaX fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 28, 2023

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mindblast posted:

Fun fact: this company was formerly known as Model Comprehend, the old-rear end third party responsible for the "Gundooms".

https://showzstore.com/hemoxian-nzs-05-3-thor-mecha_p4896.html

Edit: it'll be available here as well (probably a little faster) https://www.gundammodelcenter.com/index.php?route=common/home

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Pierson posted:

Finished my MG 'corn today. It is crazy how bad the knees on this thing are but the Unicorn mode looks so clean and the Destroy mode is cool too. I used the MGEX decals since I just preferred them.

And here's my MG shelf. Think I'm gonna take a break for a bit, invest in some shelves etc because a couple of those poses are Precarious.

The unicorn looks good!

Is it a pain to switch to Destroy mode? and what's the problem with the knees?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's an interesting design. I'm not a fan of the short forearm cannons though, I think it would've been better if they'd gone for maybe gatling guns there. Mix up the weapon designs a little beyond the blocky barrels of the shoulder and back cannons. Or at least have them telescope out a bit to fire.

Lower arm guns are optional and you can actually attach the two blue back cannons in their place. They seem less rectangular. Or you could just leave all of this off and turn this guy into a big hammer dude with a posable swagger cape.

MechaX posted:

I've been getting quite a few 3rd party kits advertised by Newtype.us and while I liked a lot of them, I thought a few were a bit overdesigned and expensive

This though I might legit try to pick up if my next pay check allows

Edit: actually wait, gently caress I was going to check out that third party Infinite Dimension Genesis kit first

The backlog problem is real. Will you submit to the siren song?

TaurusOxford posted:

Fun fact: this company was formerly known as Model Comprehend, the old-rear end third party responsible for the "Gundooms".

https://showzstore.com/hemoxian-nzs-05-3-thor-mecha_p4896.html

Edit: it'll be available here as well (probably a little faster) https://www.gundammodelcenter.com/index.php?route=common/home

Oh poo poo, nice. I'm in NL so I'm going to have to look into how much it would actually cost to get here. Some goods can be transported easily and for others there's import costs.

Those are some really good price tags, jfc. Never thought I'd consider getting anything looking like a perfect grade because the prices always seemed absurd(150+ is a little much for me), but now...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mindblast posted:

Lower arm guns are optional and you can actually attach the two blue back cannons in their place. They seem less rectangular. Or you could just leave all of this off and turn this guy into a big hammer dude with a posable swagger cape.

And not constantly wear as many, if not all, of the accessories as possible? Heresy! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

PlushCow posted:

The unicorn looks good!

Is it a pain to switch to Destroy mode? and what's the problem with the knees?
It's a bit awkward because during the transformation you need to pull on some pieces that you assembled by pushing, so unless you (carefully) cement in the right places you're probably going to actually pull the parts entirely off when you try to transform.

The knee problem is that to make the transformation work the back armor pieces are really chunky so the range of movement is pretty bad and both versions of the MG Unicorn struggle with it:

Version Ka on the left, OVA on the right. It's fixed almost completely on the MGEX but then you gotta spend like £200+ for the MGEX.