Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Like what does he even have in mind?

Circus music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1354680585139187713

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That's an even worse idea!!!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Like what does he even have in mind? Voice commands? Mind activation with his monkey-killing brain chips?
full self-driving with a predetermined destination, most likely

Still won't happen

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Car Guesses

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Well I was going to make fun of the posters who didn't get that he meant they would run themselves in full self driving, but apparently he didn't mean that. No, it's the psychic car. I'm the idiot, shouldn't have overestimated him.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

yeah, using the touchscreen to override your car every time it tries to run over a pedestrian in a crosswalk is going to get really old really fast

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I was stuck behind a Tesla the other day and it kept waiting until the last second to turn or change lanes and I couldn't tell if they were bad at driving or if they kept trying to get fsd to work and had to keep forcing it because it wasn't working

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Filthy Hans posted:

yeah, using the touchscreen to override your car every time it tries to run over a pedestrian in a crosswalk is going to get really old really fast

solution: the car predicts when you're going to override and does it for you instead?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i love it when my car makes guesses

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The car will make medical diagnoses and, upon identifying a terminal illness, orchestrate a fatal collision to spare the driver any pain or overbearing medical bills.

It will also do this if you're woke

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i love it when my car makes guesses

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

car develops schizophrenic paranoia accuses city buses of stealing family. fights frequently with parked police cars.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if the cars are all fsd we don’t even need signals at all

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Where we're going, we don't need heads

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

if elon musk's visions for all the features in a tesla car came true they'd be the most annoying cars on the road to drive next to - worse than bmws and the chuds in their F150s tailgating you 4'' behind you on the highway

never forget
https://insideevs.com/news/350682/tesla-roadster-spacex-thrusters/

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

1st best dick rider.

way harder competition there

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the fda approving neuralink is probably the best recent evidence of the regulatory capture of capitalism that I can think of

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
cross-posting from the cyberpunk dystopia thread bcuz:

unless we see what testing plan has been "approved" by the FDA, that announcement doesn't mean anything. like the FDA approving the first trial could be based on the 'first trial' being some totally non-invasive EEG based prototype "that will of course someday be turned into a tiny chip that gets soldered right into your brain"

especially since this news is coming directly from Elon apparently lol

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

ex post facho posted:

the fda approving neuralink is probably the best recent evidence of the regulatory capture of capitalism that I can think of

Literally the last time Neuralink was in the news it was for shipping biohazardous material in the mail.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

ex post facho posted:

Every single bit of reporting I’ve read has been “Musk/Neuralink say they’ve gotten FDA approval”. There has not been an iota of confirmation of this from the FDA in any article I’ve seen.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

moist turtleneck posted:

I was stuck behind a Tesla the other day and it kept waiting until the last second to turn or change lanes and I couldn't tell if they were bad at driving or if they kept trying to get fsd to work and had to keep forcing it because it wasn't working

every tesla driver ive seen drives like a very nervous and dumb teenager. i don’t think it’s the self driving

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1662115464393396227?t=5MrO9mYaJdM1YzsnZf-UHg&s=19

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

What if we put a chip in people's brains that would tell the car when you were thinking about turning?

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Lmfao

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

NofrikinfuN posted:

Literally the last time Neuralink was in the news it was for shipping biohazardous material in the mail.
First thing that came up to my mind at that news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZq7fW6ftlU
Still love my ED 209.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
the cars will become the bombs from Dark Star

"let there be light"

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I would've expected him to know better than to use twitter

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
bought two digital scales from different manufacturers and both use capacitive touch buttons rather than tactile

my apartment receives enough RF interference that I don't even need to touch the buttons just a mere gesture an inch or two away registers on the scales

totally the reliable tech I want on the road

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Grey Fox posted:

full self-driving with a predetermined destination, most likely

Still won't happen

Final destination with any luck

also check out this Final Destination poo poo:

https://jalopnik.com/new-thing-to-be-terrified-of-while-driving-just-dropped-1850476201

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
What’s the monkey killing scenario the FDA wouldn’t have approved of?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

i changed my vote to 5 because of public pressure. i am a spineless coward and your campaign against me has pushed me towards the left. elon musk ftw

Many people are saying this. Now I'm doing it too. Peer pressure ftw

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Quotey posted:

Well I was going to make fun of the posters who didn't get that he meant they would run themselves in full self driving, but apparently he didn't mean that. No, it's the psychic car. I'm the idiot, shouldn't have overestimated him.

It's okay. He's literally made billions of dollars off of people endlessly making the exact same mistake again and again because it can't possibly be that stupid, you must be explaining it wrong.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Killjoy posted:

bought two digital scales from different manufacturers and both use capacitive touch buttons rather than tactile

my apartment receives enough RF interference that I don't even need to touch the buttons just a mere gesture an inch or two away registers on the scales

totally the reliable tech I want on the road

Not sure what weight you want but you can't go wrong with an oxo good grips scale with a pull out display if you just need it for a few pounds

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Elon doing this to remove memories of grimes

Deus Ex-wife

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Not sure what weight you want but you can't go wrong with an oxo good grips scale with a pull out display if you just need it for a few pounds

this is the correct answer and all others are wrong

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
The neural link has interesting implementations as far as creating bizarre punishments for Elon musk. can I, let's say, implant false memories using the chip? i'm getting some great inspiration from these silent Hill longplays!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Slotducks posted:

if elon musk's visions for all the features in a tesla car came true they'd be the most annoying cars on the road to drive next to - worse than bmws and the chuds in their F150s tailgating you 4'' behind you on the highway

never forget
https://insideevs.com/news/350682/tesla-roadster-spacex-thrusters/

just use nitro. oh wait you have weak little baby motors.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

its okay in california no one signals to change lanes or exit freeways or really for much at all anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eason the Fifth posted:

Elon doing this to remove memories of grimes

Deus Ex-wife
Eternal Sunshine of the Apartheid Mine