Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulRim12810742/status/1662003703262453761

National Housing Party UK running on the "Henry VIII was entirely too soft" platform.

Nice of them to evacuate all the BAME people before Khmer Rouging the country into the ground.

lol @ "Ban the UN"
*walks out of security council seat, everyone else laughs and goes back to what they were doing*

I will not stand for this grotesque liberalism. Britannia for the Britons. Deport anyone with a drop of Norse, Anglo-Saxon or Norman blood. Germanics out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The chad racist policeman vs the virgin racist postman.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

Sounds like they'd do more good giving out free copies of power wash simulator

I demand more loving DLC that game scratches my exact itch.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

I demand more loving DLC that game scratches my exact itch.

They’re doing SpongeBob SquarePants next

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Exactly. It can be so hard for people who have never experienced this to begin to understand the difficulties in actually reaching evacuation points if you don't live pretty much adjacent the airport. I said to my family at the time "If the British govt care about me that much they can send a helicopter to my garden" because the likelihood of me being able to actually get to the airport to meet an evacuation flight was approaching nil. And that was living the approx distance of Walthamstow to Heathrow from the airport.

You're totally reliant on local people willing to put themselves into potentially very dangerous situations (at extremely high cost when you may not actually be able to get any money to pay them) with loyalties you don't know, to help you out. And given we have now all seen just how much the British govt has no interest in helping locals who have put themselves in danger to assist the Brits (whether or not you agree with what the Brits were doing out there), any help is likely to be far less forthcoming in future.

(Meandering aside: I've kinda just realized that every time anyone pushes my 'revolution' button, I write screeds of stuff - deleted before posting as I've said it all before - or bang on for ages (if in the pub) so even though I don't think I was overly affected by the events of 2011-2013, because it was relatively clean as these things go, I obviously was more affected that I realized. I seem to have a need to keep talking about it. Hm. Maybe a little insight on my part into understanding trauma / PTSD.)

I’m sorry about your PTSD JA but please be assured I (and I’m sure everyone else) enjoys your screeds and you give us a lot of insight into things we wouldn’t otherwise know about. Also PTSD sucks, i remember you reaching out when I was first diagnosed and suffering with it so if you ever want to talk about it just drop me a message :)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The chad racist policeman vs the virgin racist postman.

#NotMyHarry

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

I will not stand for this grotesque liberalism. Britannia for the Britons. Deport anyone with a drop of Norse, Anglo-Saxon or Norman blood. Germanics out.
Someone raised that, but he says the rule is 500 years. Anyone here over 500 years is 'indigenous'.

Who says?

https://twitter.com/PaulRim12810742/status/1662108386840793091

The UN, which he wants to ban.

Already looking weak on policy Paul!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

They’re doing SpongeBob SquarePants next

https://twitter.com/PowerWashSim/status/1661779386306113557?t=tLZ9LWVBrd8UMd4FqIMP7g&s=19

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I saw someone reference that after the 40k games stream and thought it was a joke :psyduck:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

Someone raised that, but he says the rule is 500 years. Anyone here over 500 years is 'indigenous'.

Who says?

I can fix it for him.

"We have picked 500 years, because the Amiga 500 was the computer I owned growing up, and it was dead brill'. So that's why we have pocked 500."

See, now he sounds consistent.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

If they are doing this, it had better be you cleaning the Golden Throne, and it has skins of all the different Primarchs for the players.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulRim12810742/status/1662003703262453761

National Housing Party UK running on the "Henry VIII was entirely too soft" platform.

Nice of them to evacuate all the BAME people before Khmer Rouging the country into the ground.

lol @ "Ban the UN"
*walks out of security council seat, everyone else laughs and goes back to what they were doing*

LOL at all the people in the replies who are like "I agree with all of this as long as you don't ban catholics"

Like, dude. The loving poem. Everyone knows the loving poem. How is this lost on you.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

How many cattle am I supposed to support on my acre of land?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Genuine question, is there a chance of Br-UN-exit becoming a more mainstream idea in the next few years

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

sebzilla posted:

How many cattle am I supposed to support on my acre of land?

A cow per acre of good pasture

So, one, if my maths checks out

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Who says?

He told me 1880 was the cut off date not 30 minutes. Clearly not a man of principle.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

DesperateDan posted:

Also you'd better hope that whatever shitass surveying they do after the expulsions and riots and leaving every international standards organization allocates you an acre of good pasture and not a burned out shopping park. Or a lake.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Genuine question, is there a chance of Br-UN-exit becoming a more mainstream idea in the next few years

no

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

The Mail and Express keep trying every so often, usually because some UN body has said "hey try to be a bit less racist okay" or "you are killing disabled people". The most recent one was over it being a bit messed up that a third of schools in England and Wales are run by faith groups and even the state ones still force collective worship on kids.

I can't see a referendum on it though, unless Scotland leaves and takes all the submarines and the security council seat, in which case yes there probably will be mass shittings of pant. Other than that it's still confined to John Birch style drivel.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Yeah I'm not saying there would ever be a referendum on it or even that it would ever be *particularly* mainstream, just more than the preserve of explicit (as opposed to implicit) fascists like That Twitter Guy

Mebh
May 10, 2010

But will they take my one cow back if we unbrexit?

I hated assembly in school as an edgy teen because they made us sing religious songs. I got my mum to withdraw me for religious reasons and it caused absolute hell with teachers constantly trying to drag me back in as there were "important announcements"

I eventually joined the school orchestra and found I could just nip out the back and go back to the music department and play drums. Unfortunately they wised up to that and the same teachers would track me down and try to yell me into going back.

God it must have been poo poo to deal with me. I still don't know why they gave a poo poo though.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
remembering a health information system i once used for data entry that had 2 kinds of Asian ethnicity: "Chinese" and "Other"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

In high school I don't remember our assemblies being very religious. Well, there were religious assemblies where some weird overly enthusiastic young Christians would come along & try to be down & with it for Jesus to barely awake teenagers who were not impressed, but that was maybe twice a year. Our normal assemblies were just boring as gently caress & a chance to chat with friends who weren't in your registration class. Remember a friend getting mad at me because the school had a new Rector & he decided to do a faux-American graduation ceremony & we were to be sat alphabetically so he'd be next to me except I was going to bother attending because why the gently caress would I do that when my exam results get sent to me through the post?

I was a Goon even before I was on Something Awful. Though honestly don't really feel like I missed anything, graduation ceremony? I think my folks were a bit disappointed but I did offer to let them go without me.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
UK is apparently 60 million acres, so we'd need to lose a few million people for one each. Gonna be a few people for whom an acre each is quite a downgrade.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I went to a fairly multicultural primary school in Leicester, they had an idea that assemblies must be religious but didn't want to cause any offence, so there was a chance that assemblies would be about the Sermon on the Mount, Rama and Sita Defeat the Demon King, or iirc things from The Canterbury Tales (I guess because they were on a pilgrimage?) and the spider Anansi that tells stories.

Basically just everyone sits down and vaguely listens to a story, also there's a song but it might be about Jesus or a peacock.

That's probably a better idea for younger kids than no assemblies at all or mandatory single faith.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

weeve got fore united nations right here and that's enough for us!!!!!!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

For fans of televisual noncery…

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

UK is apparently 60 million acres, so we'd need to lose a few million people for one each. Gonna be a few people for whom an acre each is quite a downgrade.

Well once you lose a few million from sending the African and Asian people "home" you can then disregard all children and women because you know when he says Give each man an acre of Land & cattle he means only men. Of course we can then see about repairing all the castles and making it law everyone has to practise with the bow and arrow in case we need to raise an army again.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 26, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NotJustANumber99 posted:

UK population is 67.3m
About 6.7m would say 'gently caress this' and leave if they banned Islam and Judaism, so 60.6.
Another 3.8m would leave if they banned Catholics, but by that point Ireland would probably spontaneously reunite other than the parts that are on fire, so they'd lose some of their plantation acres. So 56.8m people but 56.6m acres.
Banning UN and EU officials and all Lib Dem, Labour, and Conservative party members would probably just about make it an acre per person, including swamps, quarries, lakes, and the burning remains of cities.

However Scotland and Wales and London and Cornwall and anyone else would just leave with this stupid poo poo going on, and who are they going to complain to, the UN? So Real England would be 50 men brawling over who gets to plant turnips on the old playground and everyone else who hasn't yet broken off will toil on the Crown Estates of the Woke Patriarch of the Wasteland.

e: ^ Also true.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I was a really well behaved and smart kid to the point of being head boy and top 3 in the country in year 9 CATS until I found acid and booze at about 17 and became a queer bisexual drug loving criminal.

I’m much happier now and people like me more

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jakabite posted:

I was a really well behaved and smart kid to the point of being head boy and top 3 in the country in year 9 CATS until I found acid and booze at about 17 and became a queer bisexual drug loving criminal.

You still post with some of that head boy energy tho

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

DesperateDan posted:

A serious failure of imagination.

Cattle can graze up to about 10,000 feet before they're at risk of "brisket disease", so if you take a vertical farming approach you should be able to get about 1,000 head of cattle.

The economic benefits of super-Brexit should be sufficient to fund the construction of an acre-footprint arcology the height of 4 Burj Khalifas where this happy herd can roam

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jakabite posted:

Title of my next album, as that rules.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Mebh posted:

But will they take my one cow back if we unbrexit?

I hated assembly in school as an edgy teen because they made us sing religious songs. I got my mum to withdraw me for religious reasons and it caused absolute hell with teachers constantly trying to drag me back in as there were "important announcements"

I eventually joined the school orchestra and found I could just nip out the back and go back to the music department and play drums. Unfortunately they wised up to that and the same teachers would track me down and try to yell me into going back.

God it must have been poo poo to deal with me. I still don't know why they gave a poo poo though.

I discovered in my second year of sixth form that while the PE teachers would seek out and destroy anyone bunking off from regular PE, if you were signed up for team sports instead you could hole up in the library and do all your late homeworks unmolested.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Jakabite posted:

You were in CATS?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

you want to roll your eyes when you read guff like this but it becomes pretty disturbing if you substitute woke for degenerate/deviant, which is what they mean

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He also rants about 'globalists', which is Jews.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Schofield's just been sacked by his agent: https://twitter.com/Suffragent_/status/1662150291490209792

He's also released a statement: https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1662156149561389057

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I technically own a third share of ~ten acres so I hereby announce my opposition to this "one acre per man" idea.

Get off my land!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Genuinely gutted that I'm down south for Liz Truss in Leigh, I'm assuming it's Wigan borough Leigh and not some other UK town. Not sure what the crack is with picketing and calling her a oval office is when I'm still employed by HM forces.