Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://twitter.com/ColumboScreens/status/1660465502693498880?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Well not after Tim ruined it with JJ Deniker which NOBODY wants to see

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Today I was explaining On Cinema to a 68 year old lady and why I find it funny. I was telling her about how Tim met Ayaka and that their son was named Tom Cruise and I found myself laughing so hard. It was such a strange thing talking aloud about it all. She didn't get it. Her favourite comedy show is Big Bang Theory.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

derp posted:

Look at all Gregg's 'segments' and anything he's ever done on OC, it's all the lowest possible effort, one take, he absolutely would misspell all kinds of things and leave it in

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

huh posted:

Today I was explaining On Cinema to a 68 year old lady and why I find it funny. I was telling her about how Tim met Ayaka and that their son was named Tom Cruise and I found myself laughing so hard. It was such a strange thing talking aloud about it all. She didn't get it. Her favourite comedy show is Big Bang Theory.

1st dates really just an icebreaker anyway

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

1st dates really just an icebreaker anyway

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE
dr san did nothing wrong

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

u_s_eh posted:

dr san did nothing wrong

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Got around to watching the VFA tour tonight & it's great, I easily tripled my knowledge about one of hollywood's most numerous movie series.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

la roue weighs in
https://twitter.com/real_mcm/status/1660816978955882496?s=20

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
" your microphone is popping"

gregg: "my microphone is popping?" turns up the microphone, constant squeeling and feedback thereafter

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Lon Chaney Jr. in Dracula

that's a callback to the first 'stump the buff'

gregg is certainly consistent in the things he's wrong about

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The problem is he's right.

Sure, Prey for the Devil was the actual title of the movie, but Pray for the Devil would be a much more interesting and better movie. Why are they praying for the devil!? There must be something even stronger and more evil and the devil is gonna need God's help! Now THERE is a movie!

Gregg can sense that kind of thing.

I have even watched Pray/Prey for the devil and I still couldn’t accurately say which word it is lmao. To me both of them make sense.

Prey for the devil is obviously about people being haunted/killed by the devil. Pray could be about some sort of satanic worshippers who are summoning him.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

They’re going fast

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm throwing my chunk of Stonehenge in the trash to make room for this!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Already out of stock!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

So many movie buffs!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Crescent Wrench posted:

Already out of stock!

There never was any stock :tinfoil:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

There never was any stock :tinfoil:

Tim is hiding the evidence.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Finally watching the VFA Tour experience, and I'm learning so much about the Blondie series. Incidentally, the Wikipedia entries for the series and several of the movies read like something Gregg might have written:

quote:

Daughter Cookie was played by three different child actresses, beginning in 1942 with her first appearance (as an infant) in Blondie's Blessed Event, the eleventh entry in the series. Daisy had pups in the twelfth episode, Blondie for Victory (1942). Rounding out the regular supporting cast, character actor Jonathan Hale played Dagwood's irascible boss, J.C. Dithers. The Bumsteads' neighbors, the Woodleys, were oddly missing from the series.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Doing a rewatch and lmao I forgot that after building up a motorcycle accident at the start of season 5 what ends up happening is Tim parks in a handicap spot and tries to physically assault an old woman who complains about it and then the bike just falls over and injures him.
Also he's legally blind in his left eye, gonna need LaRue to investigate this angle to release him from culpability re: the attempted suicide #fakenews. Clearly a combination of poor van maintenance and limited sight.

And yeah hearing Tim rant about Putin and the Ukraine in the 2nd Oscar special is a lot of fun

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Also lol at Gregg stalking Joe Estevez and just cornering him while he chews on snacks. Joe's come a long way from that first interview talking about souplantation to eating shredded cheese out of a bowl while Tim has a full emotional breakdown

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
p.s. I miss stump the buff, I know Tim barely cares enough to troll Gregg anymore but seeing Gregg meltdown and lose multiple opportunities to help fight cancer or get a couple grand was a lot of fun

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"BB King is about as black as I get"- Tim Heidecker

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Tim parks in a handicap spot and tries to physically assault an old woman who complains about it and then the bike just falls over and injures him.

Because I'm on my motorcycle I can park in the handicap spot out front.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
down in jackson hole

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it's real

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tim is a murderer, yes. I just want to get back to discussions about the movies!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Dr. San did nothing wrong

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Consummate Professional posted:

Dr. San did nothing wrong

Bet the fucker didn't even like the hobbit

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Just getting to Oscar special 5 in my rewatch and the DKR Oscar fever opening is one of the funniest things on earth my god

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The 40th anniversary cameo montage is a highlight for sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIAttlFcO6g&t=1571s

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

derp posted:

Just getting to Oscar special 5 in my rewatch and the DKR Oscar fever opening is one of the funniest things on earth my god

I honestly still get the first Dekkar Oscar medley stuck in my head way more often than is reasonable.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i think about this regularly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GjESgwGNZo

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

The 40th anniversary cameo montage is a highlight for sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIAttlFcO6g&t=1571s

This is definitely a Vic Berger. Also I believe the lady singing the happy anniversary song is the mother of Eric Notarnicola, who directed the show forever. She used to comment in the Facebook group all the time, she's funny and clearly gets it

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 7, 2023

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
In light of recent events, I hope that Gregg reconciles with Tom Cruise for being the second biggest fan of going to the movies and eating popcorn in Hollywood.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i realize ive not seen all of decker, oh my lord how does this show exist. what a blessing

gregg at a movie theater buying a ticket to see sully 2: "one ticket to sully 2. I saw the original the day it was released"

'dr reaper' i would swear this was a dr fauci parody if this wasn't made in 2017

just wild trying to imagine people watching this show without knowledge of on cinema. dr san showing up to bring decker back to live with the vape pen, holllly lol

was just rewatching the trial, which is literally a work of art btw, and realized i never saw the decker clips they were referencing somehow. what a treat

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

derp posted:

just wild trying to imagine people watching this show without knowledge of on cinema.

This is what makes Adult Swim holding onto the rights to Decker extra weird to me. How can you do anything with that property without On Cinema? Although a buddy of mine (who has since watched OC) saw it and enjoyed it without knowing what OC was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Cognac McCarthy posted:

This is what makes Adult Swim holding onto the rights to Decker extra weird to me. How can you do anything with that property without On Cinema? Although a buddy of mine (who has since watched OC) saw it and enjoyed it without knowing what OC was.

i mean imagine seeing this without knowing about the trial, and as soon as dr san enters the room gregg saying 'oh gently caress this' breaking character and walking out of the scene lol