Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

These kids suck at this. They don't have the elephants or the turtle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
https://i.imgur.com/64wo9Da.mp4

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Flakey posted:

What's a succlib?

a word that only chronically online people use

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
I guess I'm pro-science but I do like to suspend my disbelief for conspiracy theories, especially hyperborea. And not in like an ironic or condescending way. I like to believe it for a little bit because I think it's fuckin rad. Used to be a huge fan Ancient Aliens in my teens, it's obviously bullshit and gets worse and worse as the show goes on, but I loved it.

E: Minor pet peeve of mine is people saying conspiracy instead of conspiracy theory

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Flakey posted:

What's a succlib?

To give a sincere answer, it's a denigrating term for liberals who champion ideas like "VOTE YOUR rear end OFF!!!" thinking that voting alone will save us from the neoliberal hellscape that both major parties are working hard at maintaining and even advancing. Republicans and the right wing are massive accelerationists and in particular want a fascist neoliberal hellscape, but democrats and liberals (who are not actually left wing by any objective metric) are also happy to maintain the system that has led to the widening chasm of inequality in this country (the aforementioned neoliberal hellscape). "Stability" to democrats and liberals means maintaining the (inequal) status quo, which is still bad.

Another variant is "shitlib," which IMO is less cringey.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

The first paragraph in their post is more like the conclusion of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gFsOoKAHZg

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Dick Burglar posted:

To give a sincere answer, it's a denigrating term for liberals who champion ideas like "VOTE YOUR rear end OFF!!!" thinking that voting alone will save us from the neoliberal hellscape that both major parties are working hard at maintaining and even advancing. Republicans and the right wing are massive accelerationists and in particular want a fascist neoliberal hellscape, but democrats and liberals (who are not actually left wing by any objective metric) are also happy to maintain the system that has led to the widening chasm of inequality in this country (the aforementioned neoliberal hellscape). "Stability" to democrats and liberals means maintaining the (inequal) status quo, which is still bad.

It can all be summed up with this sign

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug

Antigravitas posted:

The first paragraph in their post is more like the conclusion of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gFsOoKAHZg

You're right, I was thinking of the part where the folding ideas video cites the hbomberguy one.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
One should watch both videos anyway. Probably Dan Olson's after hbomberguy's, because Dan… goes places.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Regardless of political affiliation, anyone who has ever called anyone a "lib" with or without any prefix applied is actually a loving idiot whose opinions on anything can be simply disregarded.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Literally A Person posted:

Regardless of political affiliation, anyone who has ever called anyone a "lib" with or without any prefix applied is actually a loving idiot whose opinions on anything can be simply disregarded.

found the shitlib

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dick Burglar posted:

found the shitlib

Found the idiot :hai:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

okay lib

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Scratch Monkey posted:

It can all be summed up with this sign

So ... people who correctly predicted that a Trump administration would lead to a curtailment of women's rights and went out to protest it?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Dick Burglar posted:

Thanks for the explanation. It's great not living in the US, gently caress.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dr. Quarex posted:

Bibble

(also YouTube)

Problem solved

And God so loved the world that she made it from her favorite dinner plate.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
To paraphrase the excellent but long video above by folding ideas, the flat earth thing is not about any particular flat earth belief but rather about the things that would also be true if any of the flat earth stuff was

Like the moral superiority of white supremacy and the rectitude of fascist thought

Highly cursed idea imnsho

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Flakey posted:

Thanks for the explanation. It's great not living in the US, gently caress.

Living in America sucks major poo poo, lemme tell you.

Going out in public is scary because there's a non-zero chance you'll get shot in the back by an incel.
I have to take medication to save my life and if my wife and I weren't DINKs, it would bankrupt us, even with insurance.

Louis CK can go straight to hell but he was right in saying that "America won't go from number one to number two. America is gonna fall HARD."

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

GABA ghoul posted:

So ... people who correctly predicted that a Trump administration would lead to a curtailment of women's rights and went out to protest it?

People who don't give a poo poo about any problems in the country as long as their guy is in the Oval Office

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Inzombiac posted:

Going out in public is scary because there's a non-zero chance you'll get shot in the back by an incel.
I have to take medication to save my life and if my wife and I weren't DINKs, it would bankrupt us, even with insurance.

Louis CK can go straight to hell but he was right in saying that "America won't go from number one to number two. America is gonna fall HARD."

That the guy that pulls on his weiner in front of people?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Inzombiac posted:

What universe was america ever number one?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

This is the same generation that made fun of kids playing video games.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Radio Paranoia posted:

This is the same generation that made fun of kids playing video games.

Well, duh - playing video games won't make you rich someday!

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

DarkDobe posted:

Defense spending.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Dick Burglar posted:

Defense spending.

Don't forget #1 country in prison incarcerations! "Land of the Free!! (tm)"*

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And in executing the mentally deficient!

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
On reflection, none of the things we've listed are likely to fall anytime soon--especially if the fascists get into power again.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

No, people who would otherwise think things are A-OK if their candidate had won and they could go back to peacefully not giving a poo poo about anyone else.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Liberally A Person.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

DarkDobe posted:

back-to-back World War champs

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

deep dish peat moss posted:

back-to-back World War champs

I think that's France in WW1 and then the Soviet Union in 2, but Americans get upset when you tell them this.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Fell Mood posted:

I think that's France in WW1 and then the Soviet Union in 2, but Americans get upset when you tell them this.

We were on the right side in both! Definitely civil war champs (the shooting part at least)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Fell Mood posted:

And Russians get upset when you remind them that without American lend lease they’d have folded in 41

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
It’s almost as though it was a world war, where the contribution of each member of the Allies was an important aspect of the final victory.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
The American contributions especially lend lease and of course the actual fighting, are grotesquely overstated in American schools. Like your average American thinks the US played the main role in ww1 and ww2. WW1 was winding down when the US joined, and the Soviets did the majority of the fighting in Europe. At no time in WW2 did an American army fight an intact Gernan army. Literally every single Gernan the Americans encountered was either a hastely conscripted old man or child, or a shell shocked vet who just got thier rear end beat by the soviets then was called back east to fight the invading Americans, british and canadians. You still get people who think all the Soviet equipment was provided by lend lease when it was a small percentage. It's interesting to look at surveys of it thru the years. Right as the cold war starts heating up in the early 50s you can see the narrative change about how actually America won the war and the Soviets didn't have anything without lend lease. Kinda how "In God We Trust" was put on our money in the 50s but people think it goes back to the founding fathers and the constitution.

I guess America did body Japan in the pacific so we have that.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

And Russians get upset when you remind them that without American lend lease they’d have folded in 41

Ehhhh, it would of become a tossup of if the soviets ran out of bodies before the nazis ran out of bullets before winter killed everyone on both sides anyway.

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Fell Mood posted:

USSR button mashed its way to victory. US pulled off the ultimate finishing move.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Without lend lease the soviets would have run out of rolling stock and their logistics would have collapsed. That's just one contribution, ignoring the other areas where LL merely contributed to soviet production, instead of outright replacing a whole industry where they had lost their ability to produce anything, as was the case with rail.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I think you all are forgetting the valuable contribution of the Nazis in defeating Germany. Without them wasting resources on the double edged sword that was their successful search for the grail, the war might have continued into the '50s. Sewing all those intricately folded shirt pockets didn't help either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Finally, a use for artificial intelligence!