Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
elon is doing the same mistake as your local weed connection - mistaking a customer relation for a friendship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

The best part about Tesla going all-in on yokes and yoke-shaped steering devices is that they still use mechanical steering. Lexus has a drive-by-wire yoke that actually adjusts the steering ratio so lock to lock is very shallow and gets more or less shallow depending on speed. Teslas with yokes still have 900 degree lock to lock lol just the most stupidly dangerous design decisions, all the time.

Doesn't this mean that at some point the turn signal buttons will be to the right of the yoke? And upside-down, so the button positions are inverted and you have to push the right-facing arrow to activate the left turn signal.

Not that anyone who would buy this monstrosity would ever signal.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Doesn't this mean that at some point the turn signal buttons will be to the right of the yoke? And upside-down, so the button positions are inverted and you have to push the right-facing arrow to activate the left turn signal.

You can probably remove the turn signal wand at driver's discretion just like the mirrors.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

pixaal posted:

You can probably remove the turn signal wand at driver's discretion just like the mirrors.

In other Teslas you can remove the whole steering wheel. Granted, that's not necessarily at the driver's discretion.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ymgve posted:

elon is doing the same mistake as your local weed connection - mistaking a customer relation for a friendship

On the flip side, Musk is definitely in the process of racking up new far right ethno nationalists every quarter, so he's not wrong there...

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

It does. I hope you enjoy having to develop muscle memory for the button positions for various curvatures, if you plan to signal in roundabouts.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

goatface posted:

It really needs a little "hud" holo-screen thing to do basic info displays while you drive. There must be space for a pop-up hud somewhere in that vast expanse.

their "hud" technology is still on the drawing board, but their "chud" technology is truly top Notch

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I wish I could say that I was surprised that Neurolink was approved, but given how the ruling class seems to be going all in on A.I creating utopia, I'm not. The "economy" is mostly wealthy and powerful idiots being enthralled by keys jangling in front of their faces.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1662115464393396227?s=46&t=lz1DjwUk2vgFTdWPPaLwfA

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Man of the Future!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

He would be a cable news type.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
If you aren't up at 4 am shitbombing a tweet and a gold throne, can you really call yourself presidential?

We use to be a proper country.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"blender" is trending on twitter but you can't search for it because of you know what.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

"blender" is trending on twitter but you can't search for it because of you know what.

FYI Your posts are consistently 12-24 hours behind the rest of the thread.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Robo Reagan posted:

running over kids and not realizing it until you stop at the gas station for a 12 pack of bud light

This is no poo poo a fear i have when im in a car, and i have a normal car

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's ok, believe in yourself and you can buy a good beer.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I really don't miss owning a car.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Really excited for the glowing neuralink early adopter reviews where they talk about how amazing it is to get meundies pop up ads in their subconscious but tag elon musk on twitter asking when the "lose three hours of time and come to covered in piss and vomit" bug will get patched.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

With Elon's track record and the invasiveness of a fuckin' brain implant I can't imagine anyone except the most diehard Elon stans getting one which like, no big loss you know?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"Put a chip in my brain, person whose rockets keep exploding and can't handle a radio broadcast!"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

deep dish peat moss posted:

With Elon's track record and the invasiveness of a fuckin' brain implant I can't imagine anyone except the most diehard Elon stans getting one which like, no big loss you know?

preferable to killing more monkeys imo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think this one is just a receiver and recorder, no stimulation yet.

Maybe one day he'll offer a skullgun to early adopters and they can sign up to have a BB gun bolted to their head.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Internet Old One posted:

Uhhhh I didn’t even notice this stuff. So many independent free thinkers.

I see this occasionally when NFT bullshit gets posted. There’s a distinct subset of social media only online weirdos (as opposed to us fine upstanding Mod-fearing forums types) who literally only care about people being active and engaged, which leads to a shitload of greetings and empty compliments so they all know they’re still logging in and buttering each other up.

It’s decentralized MLM cult bullshit, more or less.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I remember when the venture capitalist bank crashed and one of the investors was tweeting about it, he kept repeating mantras that just made it all sound eerie.

"Yeah, it was terrible, so much damage from people panicking. Keep winning upward."

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Cybertruck interior looking well worth the price tag lol

Guys the dashboard is clearly meant to be a solar oven so you can bake pizza on the go

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Unfortunately they are going to target vulnerable people with disabilities if not in testing, then later when the tech gets rubberstamped by the FDA.

Just look at the people who were early adopters of systems to restore some sight to the blind. Company has stopped supporting the devices causing issues with those using them.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/bionic-eye-obsolete

Now imagine with Elly Mosk in the mix. Stans might fight for a slot, but neuralink will be looking for disabled and desperate people to be their human Guinea pigs.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/popbase/status/1661845497563467777?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

so we just download the copyrighted movies with one click now?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

"this ship has the most neatly arranged deck chairs in the whole fleet" I say and smile in satisfaction, not noticing how they're skidding and tumbling down the wildly tilted deck into the icy ocean

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Internet Old One posted:

They’re getting better though. I’m going to play Timesplitters this weekend so I’m ready for the day pissed off intelligent monkeys start pouring out of neuralink.

:yeah:

don't forget system shock 2 as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPNCCyUTtE

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

pay elon $8 a month to get all the movies you can download lol

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JossiRossi posted:

Unfortunately they are going to target vulnerable people with disabilities if not in testing, then later when the tech gets rubberstamped by the FDA.

Just look at the people who were early adopters of systems to restore some sight to the blind. Company has stopped supporting the devices causing issues with those using them.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/bionic-eye-obsolete

Now imagine with Elly Mosk in the mix. Stans might fight for a slot, but neuralink will be looking for disabled and desperate people to be their human Guinea pigs.

It's not like the tech doesn't exist and is successfully being tested.

Numerous groups are restoring tactile sense to prosthetic devices https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/06/09/1103884757/researchers-are-developing-prosthetics-that-have-a-sense-of-touch

But this underscores the biggest problem with Musk's dumbshit futurism. He tries to focus on an end goal and work backwards, when true innovation and developments happen as side discoveries when tackling smaller goals.

Neurolink started because Musk wanted to have cyberpunk phones implanted in people's heads and someone said 'can this help circumvent damaged areas of the brain'? And they go in that direction without considering how complex it would need to be.

Meanwhile development proven to work is going to start seeing some of their funding diverted to neurolink bullshit because people are idiots.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

pixaal posted:

Way behind BMW on this.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Convex posted:

:yeah:

don't forget system shock 2 as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPNCCyUTtE

I always forget how much I love the SS2 soundtrack, but only to listen to on its own, never while playing the actual game.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

kazil posted:

Movie copyright holders are going to sue them, right? I can't imagine they appreciate the wink and nod, especially with his "lock it behind subscriptions" advice.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

But this underscores the biggest problem with Musk's dumbshit futurism. He tries to focus on an end goal and work backwards, when true innovation and developments happen as side discoveries when tackling smaller goals.

And those smaller goals can be parts of a bigger, grand goal, but generally that involves actually accomplishing those small steps first.

I have no faith in anything like the Neural laces Musk has pitched ever existing in my lifetime, but I wouldn't be that shocked if some necessary steps towards something kind of similar are done.

But that would be something like being able to send simple signals to the brain that can be interpreted, kind of like the vision implants being worked on, but for a more general purpose. Not stapling full on computer chips to apes to see what happens.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kazil posted:

if youre going to do that might as well do usenet

also yeah musk and his muskrats are stupid as gently caress. they literally think rick and mort or ironman movies are how science works.

some greatman just plays in a cave or basement for a few hours and a noble breakthrough happens.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 26, 2023

nerox
May 20, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

if youre going to do that might as well do usenet

I mean I guess X, the everything app, technically needs to replace usenet too.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
I love my neural link but this latest update has me trapped in a nightmare world that I only wake up from for 30 seconds a day. Is there any way to roll back to a previous version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Sounds like driver error to me.