Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Snake Maze posted:

It's... not unplayably bad, but it's close. It has a really bad issue with stuttering as you walk around the overworld, I assume tied to loading stuff in the background. It varies depending on the area but it's never great.

https://twitter.com/Squidbrolibrium/status/1661871161498824711

There's no recording issues, that's the game doing that. This clip is the game at its worst, but I don't think I've ever gone 30 consecutive seconds walking around without a hitch. I'd probably wait for a patch.

That's a bummer.

The game's been pretty charming so far on the Dreck (many people are calling it that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

man nurse posted:

Wow, I just finished finding all the dragon tears memory things that you get at the geoglyphs around Hyrule.

Uh, make sure you do that.

It's hilarious if you do that before the temples because the plot does not acknowledge it at all

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

man nurse posted:

Wow, I just finished finding all the dragon tears memory things that you get at the geoglyphs around Hyrule.

that last cutscene was very good

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Len posted:

It's hilarious if you do that before the temples because the plot does not acknowledge it at all

Luckily I had just finished all the temples before doing it lol. Ngl I was kinda floored by (big reveal in this spoiler) one of those dragons I’ve seen flying around and even took a picture for the compendium entry was fuckin’ Zelda the entire time with the master sword stuck in her drat head

I thought the story was pretty ho hum throughout but that did elevate it a good bit for me.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Imagine me being equally gobsmacked when I then learned I had made a grave error dumping all my shrine doodads into extra hearts instead of stamina

Not sure how to go about correcting that at this point lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse posted:

Imagine me being equally gobsmacked when I then learned I had made a grave error dumping all my shrine doodads into extra hearts instead of stamina

Not sure how to go about correcting that at this point lol

Sorry for yet another post, but an idea just crossed my mind.

Am I correct in thinking that I can turn some hearts into stamina with that demon statue below the hub town where Puhra hangs out?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

man nurse posted:

Sorry for yet another post, but an idea just crossed my mind.

Am I correct in thinking that I can turn some hearts into stamina with that demon statue below the hub town where Puhra hangs out?

Yes

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

DLC Inc posted:

speaking of metal slug wtf happened to metal slug tactics

I too, would like to know what happened to this game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The accursed Cyberpunk tweet

https://twitter.com/FrontMissionRM/status/1662112105888198656

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh yeah there's definitely a soul on earth looking forward to that game glad they bothered registering a Twitter account for that

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Khanstant posted:

Oh yeah there's definitely a soul on earth looking forward to that game glad they bothered registering a Twitter account for that

:smith:

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Ive seen people recommend Wuppo, it's on sale for $1.99 on eShop.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Khanstant posted:

front mission is win. perish.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

trevorreznik posted:

Ive seen people recommend Wuppo, it's on sale for $1.99 on eShop.

It's hella cute and is absolutely worth $2!

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

man nurse posted:

I came across the first one of those and proceeded to:

1. Lift up in the balloon without the lady
2. Lift up the balloon with the lady but without Link
3. Finally ascend together. Then she tells me to use the paraglider, which I didn't have. So I extinguished the flame with an ice arrow, and then she complained about that too.

Now I'm not sure wtf I was supposed to do there or if I've messed it up. Returned with the glider and jumped off the balloon... nothing happened. :confused:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Escape Goat posted:

3. Finally ascend together. Then she tells me to use the paraglider, which I didn't have. So I extinguished the flame with an ice arrow, and then she complained about that too.

Now I'm not sure wtf I was supposed to do there or if I've messed it up. Returned with the glider and jumped off the balloon... nothing happened. :confused:

All you really need to do is explore the geoglyph on foot until you find the little glowing pool of water situated somewhere within it

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Escape Goat posted:

You’re supposed to backflip out of the air balloon, pull out your bow mid air so time slows down and put out the fire so she falls to her death.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lol where do you get the idea you needed to be fuckin w the balloon and impa, just the hints that aerial view might be easier to spot the tears?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Khanstant posted:

Lol where do you get the idea you needed to be fuckin w the balloon and impa, just the hints that aerial view might be easier to spot the tears?

I figured you needed to unlock it by discovering the impa in each region until i accidentally discovered one :downs:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Khanstant posted:

the first one I found was really on rails, if you tried it any other way Impa would yell at you and it'd fade to black and you had to do it again

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wait...Impa is in other areas? I found the first one, or at least I thought it was the first, w/ Rauras glyph. Then after doing the first dungeon I decided to do all the tears and just flew around doing them. Eventually got to the last one and did the stuff to finish the quest. I never saw Impa after the first time.

I do remember something in the quest notes about going down a chasm to research some more more but it's not in the completed quest notes.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I did that quest line and only saw her a few more times after the first Tear. Namely in Rito Village after I did the main quest stuff there, and also at the glyph between the Rito area and Gerudo Highlands. I think she shows up at a few more places but don't remember where.

Anyway doing the follow-up quest after that first tear is highly recommended, as it'll show you the proper order to do the tears (unlike BotW's memories, you don't really want to do these in any order, or at the very least save the final memory for last as it's pretty spoilery) as well as a general area of where they are.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Didn't see anything in the first post. Are there better replacements for joycons? I rarely play handheld especially now that I have a steam deck but with Zelda I'm finding times that I probably could but mine drift like crazy now. I can get new joycons for $65, so at least not $80.

I've seen a few of the bigger ones which would probably be nice. Can those still be used by themselves like if two friends wanted to use one each while docked?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mega64 posted:

I did that quest line and only saw her a few more times after the first Tear. Namely in Rito Village after I did the main quest stuff there, and also at the glyph between the Rito area and Gerudo Highlands. I think she shows up at a few more places but don't remember where.

Anyway doing the follow-up quest after that first tear is highly recommended, as it'll show you the proper order to do the tears (unlike BotW's memories, you don't really want to do these in any order, or at the very least save the final memory for last as it's pretty spoilery) as well as a general area of where they are.

How is the plot happening a spoiler lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's more that the Dragon Tear memories follow a linear storyline this time, and the last one in particular is a pretty big thing that loses some of its effect when seen out of order.

I mainly mention this because of various posts in the Zelda thread saying they wish they didn't see the Tears out of order due to the above, thus my warning.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

KingKapalone posted:

Didn't see anything in the first post. Are there better replacements for joycons? I rarely play handheld especially now that I have a steam deck but with Zelda I'm finding times that I probably could but mine drift like crazy now. I can get new joycons for $65, so at least not $80.

I've seen a few of the bigger ones which would probably be nice. Can those still be used by themselves like if two friends wanted to use one each while docked?

The only really good ones are the real deal unfortunately, every third party joycon is missing at least one or more features.

The big split pad pro ones are a nice size but they weigh gently caress all and feel cheap and lovely to me, personally.

Nintendo repairs drift for free though regardless of warranty, just get onto their support about it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That just feels like another tick against this slightly more linear game that I love to bits. But thanks for the heads up. I was just starting to unlock those as I traversed the map but if it's better to do it the way the game wants I'll put it on the back-burner.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's really not a problem to see the story in any order, you can piece it together and the big story reveal isn't really undercut by seeing it early imo. I figured the complaints were from folks who don't like non-linear storytelling, and if that applies to you, maybe seek them out in order but I think the intention was for you to run into them when you run into them and I think it works as-is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Since I missed it, I'm trying to find a walkthrough of the quest to see what I actually missed and all I find are locations of the tears. Is there actual quest content if you go along in order? Or does it just point you to the next tear?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That just feels like another tick against this slightly more linear game that I love to bits. But thanks for the heads up. I was just starting to unlock those as I traversed the map but if it's better to do it the way the game wants I'll put it on the back-burner.

Oh it gets real bad in some spots. Nintendo did not write alternate dialogue for doing certain things out of order. It's comically lazy and makes Link come across as a real rear end in a top hat

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Works on my machine.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Len posted:

Oh it gets real bad in some spots. Nintendo did not write alternate dialogue for doing certain things out of order. It's comically lazy and makes Link come across as a real rear end in a top hat

Link is a half feral weirdo in these games its great

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Since I missed it, I'm trying to find a walkthrough of the quest to see what I actually missed and all I find are locations of the tears. Is there actual quest content if you go along in order? Or does it just point you to the next tear?

Naw, most you can miss are generic conversations with impa and her goon hanging around in a nearby city or location going "hey did you see geoglyph yet"

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
will finally be able to play totk tomorrow and len taking issue with it is as glowing an endorsement as any

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That’s the guy that kept posting vids of them failing miserably at noted children’s game Mario 64 right?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

after the first glyph where you meet impa, you can follow her to the "forgotten temple" where you see the correct order of glyphs and their locations. it's not a big deal but it's how you know the order you're "supposed" to approach them

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

American McGay posted:

That’s the guy that kept posting vids of them failing miserably at noted children’s game Mario 64 right?

i'll take the excuse to link it again!!

Len posted:

It's me, the adult that can't play a 64 game because it's loving controls are rear end and I'm bad.

https://twitter.com/EvilBillMurray/status/1307740363772190720?s=20

This is after a game over on this star.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

i'll take the excuse to link it again!!
Lmfao gently caress yeah.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’ve had very little time to play TOTK and have only been skimming the thread since I’m one of those guys that gets annoyed with having basic concepts spoiled but it’s been awesome. I went the complete opposite direction the game was telling me to go and completed a main storyline point and all the dialogue and interactions seem super normal.

It’s definitely doing a good job of addressing my biggest complaint with BOTW that the world was boring and exploration didn’t feel very rewarding. Feels like there’s gonna be lots to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

tbqh the thing that's spoiled if you watch the tears in the wrong order is also given away basically immediately if you watch them in order so idk if it's that big a deal