Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

Wait, I thought that Mihoyo was a Chinese company, not an Japanese company? I was a bit confused on why they would be streaming from Japan
there were japanese, chinese, and english streams. the chinese stream went ahead fine but the english and jp streams were delayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't care about the youtube video about stuff I already knew. farewell

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The reality is just, Genshin made a bajillion dollars and they're still stingy as poo poo, there's zero world where they ever suddenly become generous just because some foreigners got uppity on twitter or w/e. You either shrug and accept it or (more smartly) don't play the exploitive gambling game in the first place.

If only it was a Korean game though....Then the insane boycotting and threatening to murder the devs and their families would actually produce results as it has for every korean gacha game that pisses people off lol.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

100 apologems is more than I was expecting for a less than 24 hour delay on a stream that I can now actually watch so whatever I guess?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The reality is just, Genshin made a bajillion dollars and they're still stingy as poo poo, there's zero world where they ever suddenly become generous just because some foreigners got uppity on twitter or w/e. You either shrug and accept it or (more smartly) don't play the exploitive gambling game in the first place.

If only it was a Korean game though....Then the insane boycotting and threatening to murder the devs and their families would actually produce results as it has for every korean gacha game that pisses people off lol.

Funnily enough there has already been an attempted murder on the CEO in China so I think it just goes to show that nutso gacha players are country-agnostic.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I wouldn't complain about free stuff, but the stinginess is 'fine' if the game ends up like Genshin, where your early characters are still great today. If you know 6 months down the line Seele is trash tier, well that's a different story.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Spoiled by f/go where they give apoligems for being 5minutes late or even on time but has to shutdown for 4 hours for maintenance

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

what would be an appropriate apology for the cardinal sin of delaying a livestream

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I will take one crafting resin

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Don't know what ya'll are talking about but I've got a question.

Has anyone been doing any TC on break effect stuff? I realized that you're gonna be getting tons of the clown set just from doing weekly bosses and I'm like ??? For who? Right now I've got everyone on cowboy for the attack/speed/farming efficiency (and some on doctor, because it's paired with cowboy). But surely something can be done with the spare clown pieces.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It'd be an interesting choice if it was Break Efficacy but Break Effect... Eh. Don't care.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I am putting together a break set for sampo since it mentions it affects DoTs in general, not just from breaking

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Wow uh... TL50 really is quite the jump huh. Can't see myself going much further outside of dailies from there.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Purely theory, but there's no reason that Break Effect couldn't be decent as supplemental DPS for support units that are good breakers but otherwise have a bad damage profile. Since it's just the one stat. Especially for support units that aren't reliant on a specific stat to give their buffs.

But then again, it's probably better to go all-in on speed instead.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Like the bosses I care about breaking usually take long enough to break that break effect just feels worthless when it does proc. And you gotta pray either the turn order lines up, or you only bring one breaker or something. I dunno, it's hard to determine the payoff for that to me vs just going faster or hitting stronger.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Danakir posted:

Purely theory, but there's no reason that Break Effect couldn't be decent as supplemental DPS for support units that are good breakers but otherwise have a bad damage profile. Since it's just the one stat. Especially for support units that aren't reliant on a specific stat to give their buffs.

But then again, it's probably better to go all-in on speed instead.

I feel like for Break Effect to be relevant you would need more characters who excel at just chainsawing break bars like mad; it seems like a completely worthless investment compared to attack or crit or speed when you're talking about maybe breaking a boss three or four times, generously, and even then you might not end up breaking them with the person with all the break effect stuff on.

Pretty much the only character who absolutely obliterates break bars right now is Asta.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the Character That Does Break Effect Really Well simply isn't released yet

:ssh: it's Kafka

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Couldn't you just put massive break effect on Welt? I mean it would just mean that your team would get dozens of turns without any speed boots or speed buffs once the enemies get imprisoned

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Break Effect was really good in one of the closed beta tests, but it got nerfed for live. That being said, Kafka looks like she's going to scale better with break effect than attack, though she'll probably still want the lightning set, or go 2pc lightning 2pc clown, depending on what ends up mathing better.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I have the Break Effect set on Asta since she doesn't really care about stats anyway, and also a Break Effect main stat relic, and it's not like amazing but it's pretty fun when she breaks things and pow Cocolia takes 20k damage for free from a support. Plus a 3k damage dot. Break damage seems to scale with enemy HP too.

Also both the weekly bosses and half of the SU bosses are weak against fire.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Are SU runs the best (only?) way to farm credits without using stamina?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Yeah Asta was my first thought, I remember her doing pretty decent damage to the first boss with some spare purple clowns a while back, and it's not as if her stats matter for anything. So she may as well do some damage, instead of no damage. Pretty good!

Pela and Welt are kinda similar but they really want ER and speed to ult as much as possible, and Welt at least does decent regular damage so meh. Ice and imaginary are more utility breaks so double meh.

I don't have Bronya :negative:

Sampo is a character I haven't built yet. He seems cool tho. Some day...

Serval is also pretty cool since she can extend her break DoT (apparently?) but since she does normal atk/damage%/crit damage I feel as though giving her break instead of attack is a very real opportunity cost. And her speed is high enough that with the cowboy set she only needs a few substats to hit 120 speed with attack boots, so that's probably a pass. Maybe?

Clara is interesting. Speed and basic attacks aren't really super important for her so maybe 2 cowboy 2 clown could end up being pretty decent? Until you decide to buckle down and farm the boxer set for her. The main benefit is that you get clowns for "free"

Kafka is weird...
If I'm reading her stuff right, she triggers other character's DoTs herself? So instead of wearing clown herself, you put in on your other party members I guess? So this might be like a Natasha/Sampo/Serval/Kafka team where everyone gets some break effect so that she can trigger their now stronger DoTs on her own turn? What a weird unit.

These are all my gut feelings with our current limited roster. But like, I don't think there's any math to back up these gut feelings, is there? I guess it might depend too much on the exact enemy loadout to get any solid general calcs :sigh:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Effect hit is probably my favorite substat after the common sense crit%/crit dmg ones. Just getting a total of 15~ across the 6 slots puts a good rng buffer on the status chances on top of any trace hits the character might have

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Are SU runs the best (only?) way to farm credits without using stamina?

ya, you can get a bit from wiping mobs off the map also but overall you're pretty limited in how much you can get. SU is limited to 100 bosses / day I guess? which is effectively infinite unless you're spending all your free time doing it, dunno how much you get for doing it tho

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hellioning posted:

100 apologems is more than I was expecting for a less than 24 hour delay on a stream that I can now actually watch so whatever I guess?

300 is the standard for doing a maintenance with Genshin and thats for the inconvenience of having the whole game down for hours. For missing a livestream on time only I'd have maybe thrown out a Star Rail Special Pass and just skipped the jade conversion altogether.

Also that was kind of my thinking. A livestream I can actually watch if I want>livestream on time but starting like 15 minutes before i need to get ready to leave for work.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Indecisive posted:

ya, you can get a bit from wiping mobs off the map also but overall you're pretty limited in how much you can get. SU is limited to 100 bosses / day I guess? which is effectively infinite unless you're spending all your free time doing it, dunno how much you get for doing it tho

I think it's 100/week. Which is reachable if you're bored/desperate.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm 171 pulls into Regular Warp and still haven't gotten a single 5-star character out of it. Which is Great

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I don't really get the point of splitting break effect and break efficiency into different stats. That would be like splitting up attack into "chance to hit" and "damage dealt" as two separate things.

Especially limiting w/r to break effect is that it looks like it literally only affects the break itself along with effects triggered by the break. Meaning it's completely useless if the character who stacks it doesn't cause the break, and since you can't skip a turn or just defend... that's not always achievable. It should at least provide some sort of benefit while an enemy is broken, since its possible to keep enemies broken for multiple moves.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

sushibandit posted:

I don't really get the point of splitting break effect and break efficiency into different stats. That would be like splitting up attack into "chance to hit" and "damage dealt" as two separate things.

Especially limiting w/r to break effect is that it looks like it literally only affects the break itself along with effects triggered by the break. Meaning it's completely useless if the character who stacks it doesn't cause the break, and since you can't skip a turn or just defend... that's not always achievable. It should at least provide some sort of benefit while an enemy is broken, since its possible to keep enemies broken for multiple moves.

more garbage stats to keep you on the relic treadmill

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

UHD posted:

more garbage stats to keep you on the relic treadmill

I unironically think it's this, yeah.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

You can't build break efficiency at all, it's a balance thing that only occurs in SU.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 26, 2023

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

JT Jag posted:

I'm 171 pulls into Regular Warp and still haven't gotten a single 5-star character out of it. Which is Great

oof :( Guess you got 2 LC's? from what people have been saying I guess your next 5* should be a character guaranteed, but it does suck to have to wait that long for one since at this point normal ticket income is pretty slow

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

berenzen posted:

YOu can't build break efficiency at all, it's a balance thing that only occurs in SU.

I suppose I could see them eventually adding Break Efficiency to a 4 piece bonus or something, but yeah, for now Break Efficiency simply does not exist outside of SU or weird event matches.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the lack of new story content sure is making things tense around here

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I think it's 100/week. Which is reachable if you're bored/desperate.

FWIW World 3-3 gave me roughly 10k credits.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

the lack of new story content sure is making things tense around here

no MSQ for 1.1 sucks

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Tbh I think y'all are just blazing too fast. I've been playing since launch and I only just finally got to where the party meets qingque. I'm at TL 48, haven't been using up the fuel that you get from Pompom so I'm just taking my sweet time playing through the game

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

There are going to be story content droughts one way or another, so I feel like a patch without it now vs a patch without it later doesn't really make much of a difference, and maybe helps to set more reasonable expectations early. If the events and character quests are good, and set the tone for future updates along those lines, that's more important to me than seeing what happens next in space not-China.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I mostly just wanted the conclusion so we'd have Hunt TB to plan teams around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am fine with 100 free Jade for a presentation I was not going to watch anyway, what blows my mind is the actual cost if you buy stuff. If you asked me to guess how much things cost from the store, I would have been at about 10% of what it actually is. $0.10 seems fair for a roll, what it actually is is insane. Spending AAA game money on a 50% chance to get some guy to play within the game.