Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I cannot help but parse Speed Queen in the same context as Size Queen and its a pretty funny concept.

Trust me, she can take a huge load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Thaddius the Large posted:

I mean I buy some locally roasted beans available in all local grocery stores but otherwise I’m not buying anything fancy or adding anything to it, just fire up the Aeropress and drink it straight. To an extent I enjoy the stomach and teeth scouring bitterness, just a weirdo like that, same as my drinking mid-tier (or sometimes low-tier) bourbon neat as my liquor of choice, gimme that misery :shrug:

I’m the same with whiskey/bourbon though. I have some expensive stuff but Gimmie that lower-mid tier stuff for every day (not literally) drinking. Weller special reserve is my go to

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I am pretty frustrated that the ear bud market has stopped offering the wraparound variant and only offers individual buds now. My Anker Soundcore Spirit 2s recently died and I just want to buy them or an equivalent model but they are discontinued.

I have tried individual buds but they are too prone to falling out when being active. I also really like being able to just yank the wraparounds off and wear them around the neck when not in use.

I'm told the high end buds are better and do stay in but they are like $200+ oftentimes. I could see doing that but not without trying out a dummy pair to confirm they fit.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I am pretty frustrated that the ear bud market has stopped offering the wraparound variant and only offers individual buds now. My Anker Soundcore Spirit 2s recently died and I just want to buy them or an equivalent model but they are discontinued.

I have tried individual buds but they are too prone to falling out when being active. I also really like being able to just yank the wraparounds off and wear them around the neck when not in use.

I'm told the high end buds are better and do stay in but they are like $200+ oftentimes. I could see doing that but not without trying out a dummy pair to confirm they fit.

Fwiw I work out in my AirPod Pros all the time and don’t have any issue with them falling out. Cannot say the same about the regular AirPods. Also there are places that make all sorts of earpieces for major manufacturers so you can surely find something that will be secure in your ears.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hi friends, what brands you recommend for gyuto knife?

I checked Goons with Spoons but the OP for the equipment thread is almost a decade old. They recommended Tojiro.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

There's a kitchen knives thread with a more recent OP. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846213&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Decent chance this is overkill but I treated myself to this guy a while back and it falls through produce.

Yoshihiro VG10 16 Layer Hammered Damascus Gyuto Japanese Chefs Knife (8.25'' (210mm))

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:sickos:

https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1662178954663321601?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This dude owns

https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1662181935232237568

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Salvor_Hardin posted:

If you can’t find earbuds that come with the wraparound, I know several brands have third party straps that are kinda like the ones you see on sunglasses

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

If you can’t find earbuds that come with the wraparound, I know several brands have third party straps that are kinda like the ones you see on sunglasses

I'd have to see what that looks like. I specifically figured out that doing the over-ear curl back configuration works very well for me and is what I am trying to replicate.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Holy poo poo the new Little Mermaid movie is bad.

Also my screening had subtitles turned on for some reason.

Of course, there's nobody to blame for wasting my afternoon watching it but me.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How did you find yourself on this path?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Overall, some very poor life choices where I was hoping a quick nostalgia hit would get me out of this funk I've been in.

I'm in such a bad mood I'm going to gorge myself at the sushi train near my house on the way home out of ironic spite.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Aurelian…..

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Android Apocalypse posted:

Overall, some very poor life choices where I was hoping a quick nostalgia hit would get me out of this funk I've been in.

I'm in such a bad mood I'm going to gorge myself at the sushi train near my house on the way home out of ironic spite.

What are you feeling bad about

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I found a key lime greek yoghurt and when I eat it with oats it kinda tastes like key lime pie and its good for me and good tasting.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Gorging on sushi is a good idea regardless on spite.

Any idea what the funk is due to? If ya got a bike go for a ride for a while and that may help.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

BlindSite posted:

I found a key lime greek yoghurt and when I eat it with oats it kinda tastes like key lime pie and its good for me and good tasting.

Hell yeah, there’s a key lime skyr from Icelandic Provisions that is S-tier. I’ll have to get some granola and try myself

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've been getting that key lime skyr for like a year now, it's the best yogurt, and I love that skyr put less sugar in it too because most yogurt that isn't plain is hideously over-sweetened.

also I just caught up on the thread, someone posted they had a couple dead miatas to get rid of and I'm pretty sure there's folks in AI that would love to take them from you in exchange for money, those were super popular in AI for a long long time

braks, I found you an outdoor rug for your fancy patio https://www.target.com/p/mickey-mouse-friends-medallion-outdoor-rug-navy/-/A-79507450?preselect=79423483#lnk=sametab

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Left Hand Brewing makes a key lime flavored sour beer that is absolutely killer if you should happen to find it in your local beer store

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Silly Burrito posted:

Trust me, she can take a huge load.

Man ...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

also I just caught up on the thread, someone posted they had a couple dead miatas to get rid of and I'm pretty sure there's folks in AI that would love to take them from you in exchange for money, those were super popular in AI for a long long time

the Answer is Always Miata, so those can definitely find a good home. though it seems like more and more people are scooping up cheap, unloved Japanese '90s cars of various shapes or sizes as well.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Oof, she pricey. I need to know if Rinaldo likes it before I commit.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Freaquency posted:

Hell yeah, there’s a key lime skyr from Icelandic Provisions that is S-tier. I’ll have to get some granola and try myself

I'm on day 25/75 of 75 hard so anything that tastes like junk food is pretty attractive to me right now. Been having dreams of pasta and pizza too. oh well. 50 days to go.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Nothing like training two people who should have been trained already on stuff they'll be doing all the time when everything is time sensitive and then spending probably an hour-hour and half combing thru documents to weed out duplicates and triplicates of hundreds of pages no on will read on a 3 day weekend for a hearing on Tuesday and it's all due by 4pm. My brain hurts.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Enjoying a nice little rain at the cabin right now. Goes nicely with this whiskey.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

EmbryoSteve posted:

What are you feeling bad about

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gorging on sushi is a good idea regardless on spite.

Any idea what the funk is due to? If ya got a bike go for a ride for a while and that may help.

At the risk of this becoming an E/N post I've been lamenting that I'm single and my stereotypical goon personality isn't helping. For example the gym near my house is closing and in my last chance to talk to a fellow member I thought was attractive… did not go well.

Unrelated but also my sister's father-in-law is in hospice so I'll be heading to Maryland soon for… an indeterminate amount of time.

It was a bad idea to hope that the new Little Mermaid movie would make me happy, as sometimes those live-action remakes are pretty good (Pete's Dragon was a lot better than it had any right to be). I just left that theater pretty mad at wasting over 2 hours watching that instead of barely 90 minutes watching the superior original.

On my way home I was so pissed I helped contribute to the overfishing of the oceans.

How it started.

How it ended. The crab & the fish covered the Sabastian & Flounder angle, but alas there was no chicken to sate my desire to devour Scuttle.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I respect it

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

On my way home I was so pissed I helped contribute to the overfishing of the oceans.

How it ended. The crab & the fish covered the Sabastian & Flounder angle, but alas there was no chicken to sate my desire to devour Scuttle.

May as well enjoy the fish while they’re here. A respectable stack—I’m quite jealous.

Sorry about the ennui. Unresolved poo poo had a special manner of congealing around our collective ages. Sending good vibes. :hf:

Also I am not looking forward to having to watch that piece of poo poo with my daughter.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Prepping for a 2 day yard sale, I can’t walk thru the living room and I also can’t stop sneezing cause of all the dust.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

At the risk of this becoming an E/N post I've been lamenting that I'm single and my stereotypical goon personality isn't helping. For example the gym near my house is closing and in my last chance to talk to a fellow member I thought was attractive… did not go well.

Unrelated but also my sister's father-in-law is in hospice so I'll be heading to Maryland soon for… an indeterminate amount of time.

I was phone posting at the pharmacy drive thru initially but I have a lot more to say!

Brother, we all have problems and it's okay to experience them and to share them. If you have a stereotypical goon personality, just think of the other person as a boss in soul caliber and you gotta just work on your moves a lil more before you win the battle. no biggy, try again. sorry about your sister's FIL as well. that sucks. my condolences.

I was feeling depressed all day because my leg is killing me recently with all the travel I've been doing for work and I started thinking about the things I can't do anymore. But we push on, regardless. You'll be fine, mate. We're all here to support you.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Not depressed here, but I'm exhausted after my wife was out of town Monday afternoon to late last night :negative: Why am I still up right now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/DieHardCBfans/status/1662143387586142208?t=l4m5O3zxYypkk9ZnwJ2U4Q&s=19

Why is Scottie so mad at MJ

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Why is Scottie so mad at MJ

I don't know what's going on here but this reads sort of like Scottie is going off of early career MJ and then going on in the cut part of what went on later?

I'm team Bron and think he's better, and there was zero chance at any point in his career he wasn't trying to set his teammates up for shots and making them better than they actually were. But this is setting the story up of how Pippen made Jordan into a monster I'm imagining. Jesus Christ the full interview is an hour and a half? I will not be researching this any more.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Leperflesh posted:

I've been getting that key lime skyr for like a year now, it's the best yogurt, and I love that skyr put less sugar in it too because most yogurt that isn't plain is hideously over-sweetened.

braks, I found you an outdoor rug for your fancy patio https://www.target.com/p/mickey-mouse-friends-medallion-outdoor-rug-navy/-/A-79507450?preselect=79423483#lnk=sametab

Skyr isn't a yogurt, it's a cheese.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

MrLogan posted:

Skyr isn't a yogurt, it's a cheese.

Yet it says Low Fat Yogurt on the label

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm team Jordan but I do recognize that LeBron is nipping at his heels.

His 2020 ring feels weird as it was won during the pandemic in a quarantine bubble, but then again championships won during strike-shortened seasons still count in the record books. IMO if James won this year I would feel comfortable saying he was better than Jordan due to the fact he won with 3 different teams… but luckily Jokic put an end to that speculation.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Lebron is a better player than Jordan, being a better player doesn't always mean rings

Lebron's career overlapped two of the most dominant teams in history in the Spurs and Warriors and he single handedly carried a god awful Cavs team to the finals before leaving for LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Intruder posted:

Lebron is a better player than Jordan, being a better player doesn't always mean rings

Lebron's career overlapped two of the most dominant teams in history in the Spurs and Warriors and he single handedly carried a god awful Cavs team to the finals before leaving for LA

And Lebron doesn't have steroid use hanging over his career...