Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

harveys zoo zoos posted:

yeah if it is physician ordered it is generally allowed. but remember what i posted about inmates having insulin needs ignored. medical care is terrible in there

earplugs were available from the commissary and yes there is never a quiet moment it is nonstop noise 24/7

by the way what cpap device do you have i'm thinking i should probably get screened for sleep apnea
Well, first I should say get health insurance, because to get a CPAP you have to go through a lot of hoops. I had to go to a neurologist to establish that yes I likely have sleep apnea, then I had to get a "Sleep Study" where you spend a night in a hospital with monitors on your head and legs to see if you have restless leg syndrome (like you kick at night). It's costly. There are other ways that are cheaper but take more time, but because of my truck driving job I had to get my CPAP right away or I couldn't drive.

I have a ResMed which is the industry standard. But again, for me it was covered by insurance and only covered if I proved I was using it regularly for the first year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce pee hole
May 18, 2023

If you feel like watching a movie you should check out The Matrix. I can't think of any movie I've ever seen that is like watching that for the first time.

Here's the trailer, if you care to check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQi3bBA1y8

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

yeah i saw a bit of the first matrix but not the whole thing and none of the others. that is on my list.

on sunday i am going to see the dungeons and dragons movie, it will be my first time in a theater since everything happened. im super excited and im sure i'll be blown away

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

harveys zoo zoos posted:

yeah i saw a bit of the first matrix but not the whole thing and none of the others. that is on my list.

on sunday i am going to see the dungeons and dragons movie, it will be my first time in a theater since everything happened. im super excited and im sure i'll be blown away

Have fun! You haven't been out long enough to get jaded by online streaming services taking the shine out of the cinema experience, so enjoy it!

Sorry to hear about your involuntarily tattoos. :smith:

Maybe get em covered now that you're out and have a choice to make them something cool?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

harveys zoo zoos posted:

you did not want to talk about when your hearing would be because inmates would try to get in your head or worse just to make you fail.

can you expand on this? you mentioned the same thing about not talking about your release date as well. im assuming people have different motivations for interfering with this and i’m curious as to what they are. are some people just being dicks about it while others are trying to get something out of you?

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Carth Dookie posted:

Have fun! You haven't been out long enough to get jaded by online streaming services taking the shine out of the cinema experience, so enjoy it!

Sorry to hear about your involuntarily tattoos. :smith:

Maybe get em covered now that you're out and have a choice to make them something cool?

yes that's one of the first things i want to do to feel better about myself, physically. i'll get them covered up with something ursula k leguin related or maybe something buddhist or taoist

it will take time to finance and get done though

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

harveys zoo zoos posted:

it's fine you asked and i don't mind but i don't want to talk about tattoos because the ones i received i did not receive willingly. that's all i'll say about that.

dang man i get it sorry. did y'all also call chomos goofs or is that just a canadian thing

pogue23
Aug 15, 2002

Son, I am disappoint.

Ex Cons don't use words like this.

I call bullshit

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

PIZZA.BAT posted:

can you expand on this? you mentioned the same thing about not talking about your release date as well. im assuming people have different motivations for interfering with this and i’m curious as to what they are. are some people just being dicks about it while others are trying to get something out of you?

oh no, i;m trying to avoid too many details about the case and my process out of fear of my identity becoming known. i mean in real life i'm open about it and tell people i meet but here it's kinda scary for me

for the tattoos it's more about it was a series of traumatic things that happened. i know that answer leads to more questions but it was just a bad time and the tats are reminders. i mean i don't obsess over them day to day and i often forget they are there but i'd rather not revisit that time inside right now

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Is goof the rudest Canadian word then?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

no i meant not revealing it to other inmates. what were their motivations for loving with other inmates’ release dates or parole hearings? what did you see happen to other people who made that mistake and told people they shouldn’t have?

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

pogue23 posted:

Ex Cons don't use words like this.

I call bullshit

i won't argue but i read a lot. i;m not good with grammar obviously. that other ex-con's thread that was linked makes me jealous by how well it is written

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Just saw screenshots from this thread on twitter lol.

Congrats on getting out, sorry you had to experience prison and also the things that led you to be there. I hope your life is much better from here on out.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
yo we made twitter?

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

PIZZA.BAT posted:

no i meant not revealing it to other inmates. what were their motivations for loving with other inmates’ release dates or parole hearings? what did you see happen to other people who made that mistake and told people they shouldn’t have?

oh haha i misunderstood

spite, jealousy, old scores left unsettled. stuff like that.

if someone heard about those things they may snitch, plant contraband, or just beat their rear end. i know one dude that poo poo all over someone's clothes the day of their hearing so they'd be late

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

my kinda ape posted:

Just saw screenshots from this thread on twitter lol.

Congrats on getting out, sorry you had to experience prison and also the things that led you to be there. I hope your life is much better from here on out.

Private Cumshoe posted:

yo we made twitter?

i don't know how i feel about this

can you show me how to find it

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Private Cumshoe posted:

Is goof the rudest Canadian word then?

if you happen to call someone a goof or that they're goofy and you didn't know they did big boy time there's gonna be a confrontation violent for not

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

harveys zoo zoos posted:

I don't mean to call out the person who posted it they just posted the very funny quote you said about cum town and the tweet got a little big. Everyone in the replies thinks you're funny and they're pretty much universally being supportive.

I only mentioned it because I don't post in GBS much anymore so I probably wouldn't have seen this thread otherwise.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

R.L. Stine posted:

if you happen to call someone a goof or that they're goofy and you didn't know they did big boy time there's gonna be a confrontation violent for not

I feel like this should be on the state department warning for travel to Canada

Because you can't just say "don't be rude" to an American traveler that won't cover it

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

my kinda ape posted:

I don't mean to call out the person who posted it they just posted the very funny quote you said about cum town and the tweet got a little big. Everyone in the replies thinks you're funny and they're pretty much universally being supportive.

I only mentioned it because I don't post in GBS much anymore so I probably wouldn't have seen this thread otherwise.

ohhh okay. that's cool hahah. no worries

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

harveys zoo zoos posted:

The link below is to where I found it, from a former goon/Cracked editor/podcaster by the name of Robert Evans:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1662251563904032769?t=TpE0tLaoELZr3IqIUi9lhw&s=19

Pretty much everything I've seen from Twitter has been supportive, and this is probably the biggest thing about SA outside of SA this year. You have went, in some small measure, 'viral'.

I do hope you enjoy the D&D movie, and your freedom, and the joys and terrors of the modern era. Welcome to the Internet. Hope you like Memes.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
yeah I bet whoever posted that tweet is really cool and a great poster

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i guess some people get 30 min of fame

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Konar posted:

Brussel sprouts have got really drat good since you went in

I had some the other night, grilled w/ a korean style chili sauce and they were delightful

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

J.A.B.C. posted:

The link below is to where I found it, from a former goon/Cracked editor/podcaster by the name of Robert Evans:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1662251563904032769?t=TpE0tLaoELZr3IqIUi9lhw&s=19

Pretty much everything I've seen from Twitter has been supportive, and this is probably the biggest thing about SA outside of SA this year. You have went, in some small measure, 'viral'.

I do hope you enjoy the D&D movie, and your freedom, and the joys and terrors of the modern era. Welcome to the Internet. Hope you like Memes.

haha wow this is crazy

but man i don't much care for elon musk. he'd get the cocoon inside for sure ha

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

harveys zoo zoos posted:

haha wow this is crazy

but man i don't much care for elon musk. he'd get the cocoon inside for sure ha

hell yeah

Corb Fucker
Dec 6, 2022

:dehumanize:
Hey Harvey, glad you're out and among us goons

My big question is how big are sports/sports fandoms inside?

My uncle was in prison for a while in TX and apparently Rangers/Cowboys games are more or less mandatory viewing lest guys riot, granted this was in the 90's so i'm not sure if things have changed, or if its different due to the fact texas is insanely sports mindset state.

Followup question of course being if you follow any sports yourself

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

speaking of robert evans, I am a fan of his podcast Behind the Bastards, where he talks about terrible people past and present and what makes them terrible. its a good show

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Corb Fucker posted:

Hey Harvey, glad you're out and among us goons

My big question is how big are sports/sports fandoms inside?

My uncle was in prison for a while in TX and apparently Rangers/Cowboys games are more or less mandatory viewing lest guys riot, granted this was in the 90's so i'm not sure if things have changed, or if its different due to the fact texas is insanely sports mindset state.

Followup question of course being if you follow any sports yourself

yep i was in a region where the local pro baseball and football teams were a big deal. we were allowed to watch most of those games and overall the interaction between the fans inside was good natured. of course it got heated at times but no major problems from what i remember

football is okay i guess but baseball is boring to me. i like soccer and i'm starting to learn more about mls teams. i don't have a favorite yet.

oh and tennis too. i like serena and roger federer. serena is a badass and roger is a magician. but when i tried to play as a kid the ball either went over the fence or into the net.

harveys zoo zoos fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 27, 2023

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What the gently caress is this

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How is this 18 pages long

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Tai posted:

How is this 18 pages long

:justpost:

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

harveys zoo zoos posted:

football is okay i guess but baseball is boring to me. i like soccer and i'm starting to learn more about mls teams. i don't have a favorite yet.

I'm not sure if it's worth it at this point in the season, but this year they have mls season pass where you can watch every game with full replays. I love it.

This thread is great. Thanks for making it!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I also think baseball is boring. I went to a baseball game recently because my niece was singing the national anthem with her school choir. Baseball in person is kind of fun because there are other activities to do while waiting for baseball to happen. It almost seemed like the actual game was an after thought. They'd be doing something wacky with one of the mascots and then all of a sudden baseball is happening again. There were a few times where I didn't even realize that the game had started back up again.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

harveys zoo zoos posted:

pretty excited for you honestly cuz the d&d movie is pretty decent. dialogue's not always sharp and the latter half of the movie gets pretty marvel-y (negative connotation; you'll learn about the chokehold superhero films have around hollywood's neck soon), but the characters are fun and the plot's fun and the fighting bits are cool and well filmed.

so what im trying to say is that movies today compared to your time's suck, but d&d's one of the good ones. have fun

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

also given what youve said about salt i do not think you want a popcorn

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

harveys zoo zoos posted:

oh dude the new D&D movie is great, I wound up seeing it twice. you said you read the monster manuals right?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

harveys zoo zoos posted:

today i am going to walk in the woods near my place and watch birds and sit and breathe for a long time. later i will answer some questions and tell you about a couple of things.

birds are good. you should put these apps on your phone to help make looking at birds better:
Merlin
BirdNET

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/UMadeMeWorse/status/1662220863306096640

Okay, this reply's pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

harveys zoo zoos posted:

it's fine you asked and i don't mind but i don't want to talk about tattoos because the ones i received i did not receive willingly. that's all i'll say about that.

You could take a look at this site, it’s a directory of places that do free tattoo removal for ex cons and sex trafficking victims: https://jailstojobs.org/tattoo-removal-programs/

And a belated welcome to SA, I poked into this thread halfway through the first page while people were still doing the customary making GBS threads on a new thread thing so I noped out too soon. Glad to catch up on it now :) Good poo poo all around in here.

Just don’t Milkshake Duck us please