Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Jen heir rick posted:

I think the iphone has a mode that automatically does this, and that's why you see it so often.

Great it has a gif ruiner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I know it's exclusively used ironically these days but "serving oval office" is still a very unpleasant phrase and I wish people would stop using it at all.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Once big dick energy meets with serving oval office there will be squart.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 22:11 on May 18, 2023

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Gripweed posted:

I know it's exclusively used ironically these days but "serving oval office" is still a very unpleasant phrase and I wish people would stop using it at all.

That's just what Australian service workers do everyday.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

credburn posted:

People that alter perfectly fine gifs so that it slows down or speeds up for (((dramatic effect)))

upset me

Triple parenthesis means "the jews" right?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

If there is bass guitars then the other kind should be treble guitars

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Vashro posted:

Triple parenthesis means "the jews" right?

I hope not :(

Someone else said they thought the triple parentheses was a white supremacist thing. I've been doing it for twenty years, mimicking a style taken from Tom Wolfe's The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's meant to represent an echo and I think it's from some Nazi podcast where they put an echo on all Jewish sounding last names.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

Sorry, bud. Fascists ruin everything.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
God loving dammit.

Well, gently caress!

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. One person mentioning it to me seemed like a niche thing, but I guess it's a fuckin thing.

Hope you guys will give me some leniency in my posts as I try to break a decades-long habit because fuckin fascists gently caress

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don’t think I’ve seen an unironic Jewish Echo in the wild since like 2017, even though there are more Nazis online now.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The best song for a movie to play during a romantic scene is Whole Wide World

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

The best song for a movie to play during a romantic scene is Whole Wide World

Friday I'm in Love, mostly cause it was playing the first time I kissed a girl

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Gaius Marius posted:

Friday I'm in Love, mostly cause it was playing the first time I kissed a girl

and then Saturday came and you had to wait :smith:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

olives black posted:

and then Saturday came and you had to wait :smith:

I wish it was Sunday, 'cuz that's my fun day.
Wait, wrong song.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I'm very happy that fast-food places that utilized Freestyle machines are slowly moving back to normal fountain drinks that taste like the real thing and not some weird off brand concoction. If I wanted Caulk-o-Cola, Spit, or Mr. Pube, I'd just go to Dollar Tree and get a 2L not pay $2.39 for a large cup and have them dispensed out of a Coke-branded machine.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Only place to get Cream Soda tho

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
PHUO: Mechanical keyboards feel worse than membrane ones. Just weird and unpleasant to use.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

PHUO: Mechanical keyboards feel worse than membrane ones. Just weird and unpleasant to use.

yeah, mechanical keyboards suck and I don't understand the hype.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I bought the clickiest mechanical keyboard I could afford and I have no regrets, but I totally get not liking them.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

docbeard posted:

I bought the clickiest mechanical keyboard I could afford and I have no regrets, but I totally get not liking them.

Cherry MX Blues forever. I unleash the loving fury when I work.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Keyboard and mouse should never have been a gaming interface. It’s terrible. I hate it and people that like it better are wrong.

Use a controller like an adult!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Robobot posted:

Keyboard and mouse should never have been a gaming interface. It’s terrible. I hate it and people that like it better are wrong.

Use a controller like an adult!

"Controllers" should revert to their optimal form; a single joystick, with a hat, four buttons on top, two triggers, little slidey things, and forcefeedback that cause it to fly off your desk despite the rubber suction cups.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cherry Blacks, for the perfect keystroke.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

docbeard posted:

Yeah, I like mine, but I get it's mostly an aesthetic thing. Aesthetic isn't the right word here probably.

I don't even dislike membrane keyboards, I just like the mechanical ones more.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
No vehicle gives a person a greater sense of freedom than a bicycle.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Heavy snow blocks ur path, water blocks your path, American city planners blocks ur path

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

I might just hate freedom

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gripweed posted:

And walking is even better!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Snowy posted:

And walking is even better!

No bicycling is better because you go faster without greater use of energy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gripweed posted:

No bicycling is better because you go faster without greater use of energy

The fire department can use bikes, everyone else must walk. Sorry, thems the rules

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I dislike as seeing media being described as “mature” because it never means being actually meant for emotionally mature people, it just means being full of swearing and boobs.

I also hate the term “anime” being used as an adjective because it’s so nebulous what it usually means.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Gripweed posted:

Dirt bikes are better. Sorry pedal pusher.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

thetoughestbean posted:

I dislike as seeing media being described as “mature” because it never means being actually meant for emotionally mature people, it just means being full of swearing and boobs.

I also hate the term “anime” being used as an adjective because it’s so nebulous what it usually means.

Mature actually means boring, like CSPAN is the most mature program on TV.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Atticus_1354 posted:

Dirt bikes are better. Sorry pedal pusher.

They need gas, you can't take them lots of places.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Man Who Sold The World (the album) is easily one of Bowie's best works and it rarely ever gets its due. I think it gets overshadowed by the "big" names like Ziggy Stardust, Hunky Dory and Aladdin Sane.

I'd even go so far as to say that I think Man Who Sold The World is superior to Ziggy. I've never been able to connect with the themes of Ziggy like I did for MWSTW.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has a new favorite as of 02:54 on May 27, 2023

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Gripweed posted:

They need gas, you can't take them lots of places.

You can literally take a dirt bike anywhere. That's the point.

Beach. Take a dirt bike.

Woods. Take a dirt bike.

Shopping mall. Dirt bike.

Highway. Dirt bike.

Running drugs across the border. Dirt bike.

Delivering pizza. Dirt bike.

There's nothing you can't do on a dirt bike.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The Man Who Sold The World (the album) is easily one of Bowie's best works and it rarely ever gets its due. I think it gets overshadowed by the "big" names like Ziggy Stardust, Hunky Dory and Aladdin Sane.

I'd even go so far as to say that I think Man Who Sold The World is superior to Ziggy. I've never been able to connect with the themes of Ziggy like I did for MWSTW.

Definitely reasonable to get overshadowed by HD and Ziggy coming right after it but it is definitely A-tier.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think even bowie considered the song of the same name to be eclipsed by the unplugged Nirvana version. If I'm Going underappreciated Bowie my vote is Station to Station, whole album is killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Gaius Marius posted:

If I'm Going underappreciated Bowie my vote is Station to Station, whole album is killer

Agreed. For an album recorded by a guy in the middle stages of cocaine psychosis, it’s a fantastic piece of work.