Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Eat the tampons #gwm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Professor Shark posted:

Eat the tampons #gwm

Ok but for real, I like to use soy chunks to do that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textured_vegetable_protein

Toss that stuff in browning beef to soak up the beefy liquid and fat. It's a cheap way to extend your beef.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

RedSnapper posted:

otoh paper comes apart when wet and tampons remain in one piece

You need to buy better paper towels.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

MisterOblivious posted:

It's a cheap way to extend your beef.

I'm always looking for cheap ways to extend my beef.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

rydiafan posted:

Alternatively, don't use a gallon of oil for each piece of meat.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

rydiafan posted:

Or worse tampons.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Y’all do know about mixing some baking soda and letting it sit for a bit before cooking, right? Fixes that problem quite well and gives you better browning as well.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Or drain the grease AFTER you cook it instead of during.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Wait, if you guys drain the grease, what do you drink with your meal?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pond water: just sitting there, free for the taking. I have a jug under my cupboard

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Ooh, I like the chunky bits.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Did you know that you can just hang up your wet clothes and then they will eventually dry? It's very complicated though:
https://twitter.com/lingerie_addict/status/1666528930742915079

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Alhazred posted:

Did you know that you can just hang up your wet clothes and then they will eventually dry? It's very complicated though:
https://twitter.com/lingerie_addict/status/1666528930742915079

"HOAs at my last 5 houses forbid line drying laundry."

I know HOAs are always dumb as gently caress but this one is wild.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As I understand it, HOAs are a sort of dual purpose organization with the primary goals of creating the next hitler and brutally suppressing anything that might resemble poverty. So if you are not drying your laundry by putting it in a tumble dryer you are obviously too poor to live.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Alhazred posted:

Why make fun of people for something being off their radar if they've never done, been shown, or even thought about something for their entire lives?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

Why make fun of people for something being off their radar if they've never done, been shown, or even thought about something for their entire lives?

Because it's literally just placing a wet piece of clothing on a line and waiting till it's dry.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

OwlFancier posted:

As I understand it, HOAs are a sort of dual purpose organization with the primary goals of creating the next hitler and brutally suppressing anything that might resemble poverty. So if you are not drying your laundry by putting it in a tumble dryer you are obviously too poor to live.

It's a holdover rule for keeping out the poor because when the suburbs and redlining were new, so were consumer laundry machines.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Clothes in the dryer = Walmart tier clothes

The most expensive clothing I’ve ever owned wasn’t supposed to go within 100 feet of a dryer, and anything cashmere has to be hand washed, so those dumb rules are completely at odds with reality because lead brain boomers made them

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Professor Shark posted:

Clothes in the dryer = Walmart tier clothes

The most expensive clothing I’ve ever owned wasn’t supposed to go within 100 feet of a dryer, and anything cashmere has to be hand washed, so those dumb rules are completely at odds with reality because lead brain boomers made them

This is a weird flex

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
just read the laundry symbols. sometimes there’s even a QR code explaining. I’ve kept cheapie clothing looking solid by…reading the tag the garment has literally sewn into it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I keep my clothes intact by simply never washing them. I have pants that can stand on their own and shirts aged like the finest cheese.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Len posted:

This is a weird flex

No it isn’t

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Apparently a lot of apartments with lovely ventilation in places with high relative humidity will also forbid indoor dryer racks et al due to mold risk. I've never heard of it but my region isn't particularly moist at any part of the year.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

neongrey posted:

I've never heard of it but my region isn't particularly moist at any part of the year.
Should see a gyno about that.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

SubponticatePoster posted:

Should see a gyno about that.
Leave Ben Shapiros wife alone already.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

yes it is

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lifehack: walk away when you’re wrong so you don’t look like this guy

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

neongrey posted:

Apparently a lot of apartments with lovely ventilation in places with high relative humidity will also forbid indoor dryer racks et al due to mold risk. I've never heard of it but my region isn't particularly moist at any part of the year.

My old apartment building forbade indoor drying due to mold risk, and outdoor drying on the balcony due to risk of falling objects.

The fact that these rules came in right after they installed new coin-operated washing machines and dryers in the sub-basement was entirely coincidental I assume.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

How could they possibly enforce that?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I dry my clothes by hanging them from my shower curtain rods (I have more than one because the shower is directly against a window :confused:) and I'd argue that this can't possibly create more humidity than, you know, taking a shower. Which would horribly backfire and lead to a rule against indoor bathing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://youtube.com/shorts/8joJG0-v_yI?feature=share3

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Dip Viscous posted:

shower curtain rods (I have more than one because the shower is directly against a window :confused:)

What? :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

One curtain to keep water from going everywhere. One curtain to keep people puking all over the street because they see a goon in the shower.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

One curtain to keep water from going everywhere. One curtain to keep people puking all over the street because they see a goon in the shower.

They’ve thought of everything

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

There are window blinds too, but the window is inside the shower so there needs to be a second curtain to keep the window and the wood trim around it from getting soaked.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Seconding the shower curtain rod. Putting a second shower curtain rod in my shower was one of the better mods I made to my small apartment. With a tension rod, so I didn't have to drill anything.

It's high enough up that it doesn't get in the way when I'm showering, and when I need to drip-dry anything, there's decent airflow and drainage from the tub, without having to manage the shower curtain.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You can just get your window frosted if you don't want a shower curtain in front of it. But then you can't really open it while you're in the shower.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Kwyndig posted:

You can just get your window frosted if you don't want a shower curtain in front of it. But then you can't really open it while you're in the shower.
The sill and window frame can still get wet.

maltesh posted:

Seconding the shower curtain rod..
Yeah that’s what they did. :dadjoke:

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Kwyndig posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Why do you have a shower in your bedroom