Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Esoterickk took an hour to solo the last dungeon boss, saying it "feels like a meme" and he "must be missing a mechanic for it to take this long"

yeah the boss health is absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Final boss has 12 million HP, which is exactly 6 million too much.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
im slightly miffed that the nightfall is the same as last week but oh well at least its well-worn and people get it fast

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IllusionistTrixie posted:

Dungeon is fun but this is going to be BRUTAL solo lmao. Everything has like 3 times as much health as it should.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Seconding new dungeon bosses having too much HP. Given the reaction around this "issue" in Spire, I was kind of expecting them to tone it down a little in response. Disappointed they didn't. I don't think better optimization or a some artifact grind is going to change that much.

Encounter 2 kind of goes nuts on adds it's almost stupid. There's a knights on both sides of the room that when killed, pretty much respawn 3 seconds later, it's loving comical.

Dungeon is cool visually and I enjoyed finding almost all the stuff and figuring out the encounters without looking them up. Lore stuff seems real interesting too. The video trailer made me worry it was going to be Pit 2.0 cause I mostly caught hive visuals, but it's solid.

fast cars loose anus posted:

im slightly miffed that the nightfall is the same as last week but oh well at least its well-worn and people get it fast
it's a bit goofy because technically no, but yes. The GG NF, was Devils Lair. The regular rotation NF was... I forgot. The GG NFs and regular weren't identical/lined up.

But yeah, given most people grinded it last week during GG, it was kind of dumb to put it first in the lineup this season.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dungeon is fun but this is going to be BRUTAL solo lmao. Everything has like 3 times as much health as it should.

Yeah, I just got to the second boss solo and he has WAY too much health and WAY too many adds. So many adds that with a sunspot build I was just standing in the spawn point getting my super back in what felt like 30 seconds. And then I finally got to take a shot at the boss and chipped off maybe 5% of his health

This is going to take hours without builds so broken they get disabled when Bungie notices

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I guess this season is paying homage to Reckoning, makes sense it would require wells and tethers

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
They named the final boss of the dungeon by punching a keyboard didn’t they?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
In true lovecraftian style.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

They named the final boss of the dungeon by punching a keyboard didn’t they?

twas actually a mini-boss from the old Nokris strike!

and Ecthar was from the D1 exotic sword quest

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Season is a little meh right now but I'm hoping the deep dives become fun once we can descend more levels. What I'm really loving is just Titan and the arcology themselves, the abandoned post-apocalyptic future human architecture is my favorite Destiny aesthetic. It makes me so hyped for Marathon because the vidoc concept art seems really inspired by Titan and Destiny 1 human structures

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yay, mal cata and another gambit memento dropped back to back. Still dicking around with the new warlock helm, also pubbies have forgotten how to stand in a well for damage since last week. Amazing.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The secret for the first encounter is Phoenix Protocol well with Trinity Ghoul and arc siphon. Never don’t have a well! I was on Div duty for the last boss so I just swapped the vorpal Adept SWARM for a dragonfly one for add clear and accomplished the same thing.

It’s really annoying that they keep giving bosses so much health and making Tractor Cannon and other debuff sources unusable either by distance or stomps, but they apparently don’t like that well/div is so relied upon. Are we just supposed to nine phase everything?

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 27, 2023

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

In true lovecraftian style.

But it's not super racist, though?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Oh drat, I just realized acasia + ceno means fully spooled target lock. Hell yes.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Mazerunner posted:

twas actually a mini-boss from the old Nokris strike!

and Ecthar was from the D1 exotic sword quest
That's a really neat touch.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sestze posted:

That's a really neat touch.

An even neater touch is how all the armor flavor texts are from D1 lore books

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Shockeh posted:

But it's not super racist, though?

They own a cat named Fallen-Man.

So, uh, it looks like Hawthorne's deepsight thing gives you two for one? I think when I picked my gun last night I got pattern progress when doing so, and then a copy of the gun I could also extract from. That actually helps to mitigate what I thought would be very slow progress in unlocking all of the guns. That and getting like 4 red drops from the raid itself.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

So, uh, it looks like Hawthorne's deepsight thing gives you two for one? I think when I picked my gun last night I got pattern progress when doing so, and then a copy of the gun I could also extract from. That actually helps to mitigate what I thought would be very slow progress in unlocking all of the guns. That and getting like 4 red drops from the raid itself.

From what I understand Hawthorn does double duty of puzzle chest and spoils chest. So you get one random, then the ability spend spoils on guns. (The first of which will be a pattern)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

IllusionistTrixie posted:

A big thing is that the boss shield is 500k and regenerates every damage phase which is why people are having different damage totals, sometimes really high. Arbalest (On sale now at Xur!) will one shot it so someone should run it on both bosses.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Seasonal week 1 challenge: score points in rift.

Rift is removed for the weekend in crucible.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

All part of the plan to get people playing the competitive playlist! :shepface:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Did 4.7m to e3 boss with Cenotaph Mask + Coldheart + 3x Arc Surge :allears:

Some Wendigo GL3 and Super damage may have snuck in there, who can tell

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 27, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Not sure what the best use is for a Titan during the dungeon final boss.

Thundercrash is unreliable on her, and a Well is a much better choice than a bubble...

Can't reach her with Strand super

Stasis isn't real

Sunbreaker is good for survival but so is everything else now

EDIT - Esoterickk is always the answer. Sunbreaker with Synthoceps !

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 27, 2023

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Seasonal week 1 challenge: score points in rift.

Rift is removed for the weekend in crucible.

So glad I finished that poo poo asap lol

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I mean rift will probably be one banner week right?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think iron banner rift is next week but obvious comedy option here is that Iron Banner Rift does not progress Standard Rift requirements

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Osiris's training program in the campaign is filtering me lmao, im so loving bad at this game

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I thought they took IB Rift behind the shed and only do Control/Eruption/Fortress.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

3 Acrius in a team can one phase Ecthar.

Me who didn't get the quest done before beyond light :negative:

frajaq posted:

Osiris's training program in the campaign is filtering me lmao, im so loving bad at this game

I was kinda struggling with that too for a bit, not gonna lie.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

frajaq posted:

just keep swinging, just keep swinging

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/CourtProjects/status/1662494070252400642?s=20

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

frajaq posted:

just take your time and save a Strand super for the last boss, he’s weak as poo poo to ‘em. alternately ping niceboyonline#7998 and we’ll walk through it together

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

just take your time and save a Strand super for the last boss, he’s weak as poo poo to ‘em. alternately ping niceboyonline#7998 and we’ll walk through it together

I just changed my loadout and took my time

but still I died more in that Vex training room than Calus fight on Legendary solo lol

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Doing the dungeon with my husband. We discovered that Ward of Dawn and Swords were the best method of dealing with Ecthar. Which, speaking of: holy gently caress that was a lot of health.The fight wasn't even hard, it just took for-loving-ever. Is this where all of Nezarec's health went?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Not sure what the best use is for a Titan during the dungeon final boss.

Thundercrash is unreliable on her, and a Well is a much better choice than a bubble...

Can't reach her with Strand super

Stasis isn't real

Sunbreaker is good for survival but so is everything else now

EDIT - Esoterickk is always the answer. Sunbreaker with Synthoceps !

This post has me Very™ Concerned™ about what we're about to go up against. :(

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Kith posted:

Doing the dungeon with my husband. We discovered that Ward of Dawn and Swords were the best method of dealing with Ecthar. Which, speaking of: holy gently caress that was a lot of health.The fight wasn't even hard, it just took for-loving-ever. Is this where all of Nezarec's health went?

This post has me Very™ Concerned™ about what we're about to go up against. :(

boss does have a LOT of health, and because she's a wizard getting crits can be hard, though linears still are ok.

xenophage is good

arbalest one shots the shield

shield seems to take bonus damage from supers

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Husband has FF14 things to do so we're calling it quits for the day. Figured out the final encounter mechanics before throwing in the towel. Was not particularly expecting fighting on top of Oryx's loving corpse.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kith posted:

Husband has FF14 things to do so we're calling it quits for the day. Figured out the final encounter mechanics before throwing in the towel. Was not particularly expecting fighting on top of Oryx's loving corpse.

Hey, I been wondering where we left that thing

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Bungie is so loving stupid
Bungie: lets make the patrol zone harder than its aught to be
Players: take osteo striga everywhere 100% of the time
Bungie: huh, lets add hp

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sekenr posted:

Bungie is so loving stupid
Bungie: lets make the patrol zone harder than its aught to be
Players: take osteo striga everywhere 100% of the time
Bungie: huh, lets add hp

They're not stupid per se its just all the people who know what they're doing are working on Marathon and Destiny 3, we have the maintenance team left and they lack experience & mentors.