Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Were people this obsessed with duping when BotW came out or is this because the economy in TotK is so grindy?
TotK just has more uses for materials than BotW did so there was pretty much zero reason to dupe in BotW unless you really really wanted to max out certain armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Were people this obsessed with duping when BotW came out or is this because the economy in TotK is so grindy?

There was a lot less worth duping, materials-wise, and you can farm like 10 farosh horns a minute even to this day in BotW so anything involving rupees is handled "legitimately".

e: you can tell how many people were burned by all the "is this okay to sell" comments ITT, but generally speaking if you hoarded the expensive stuff instead of selling it in botw you were good on armor upgrades unless you were trying to upgrade literally everything

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 12:08 on May 27, 2023

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

there is a glitch and therefore it must be used

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Finished the game.

Great ending.

Loved the experience and the game helped me a lot this weeks.
Now whats next?

Maybe I should go back to BoTW that I never played very long.

Is there any other GREAT open world game with a good story in the Switch? I am also considering playing Arceus.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

EDIT: Also the way the ghosts with weapons in the depths work was also solved:they only spawn weapons that you broke unfused. So you should break on purpose every weapon you want an undecayed version of.

Oh poo poo this is neat, and it sets a goal to aim for that doesn't feel like an exploit.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Tei posted:

Is there any other GREAT open world game with a good story in the Switch? I am also considering playing Arceus.

XBC3. I assume you already have a baseline tolerance for anime, and the game has great combat, characters and a fun and very extra story. Looks stunning and is fun to explore.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I go up against an ice, fire, or electric gleeok, but have the upgraded armor set with freeze immunity, fire immunity, electric immunity, etc, can I just basically tell that Gleeok to gently caress off you can't do poo poo to me?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
You really don't need to use the dupe glitch, I had a vast pile of resources I didn't need when I beat ganon just playing normally.

I suspect dupes are being used because weapon parts now stack for lots, while before you have to dupe the entire weapon and then you can only hold a limited amount.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 13:38 on May 27, 2023

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

Friend posted:

I think you're supposed to go straight to Gerudo town and gently caress around a bit hiding from the Gerudo before you meet her, but I also met her first so :shrug:

There are something like three or four ways in. I was exploring a tunnel and ascended into it from below. But there is a cave approach and an above approach as well, on top of a front entrance.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Things I attach to shields

1. Rockets - So you can fly straight up as long as you battery
  2. Puffshrooms - If anything hits your shield, the area around you is now smoke.
  3. Lightning Lik stone - Parrying, even if you don't hit anything, will send out a cone of lighting every time. I think as long as you don't hit anything, no durability is taken

Also found love in spear plus cannon. You go into throw mode and it's like a rail shooter game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

There are something like three or four ways in. I was exploring a tunnel and ascended into it from below. But there is a cave approach and an above approach as well, on top of a front entrance.

I went into the town to grab the shrine at the top and found a diary telling me where an entrance was

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I followed a kid who was running around outside

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
In this and BotW I don't understand why the blood moon gets such a cool but repetitive and eventually annoying scene every time when its effect is pretty much meaningless. Does the game have to reload the enemies and so there has to be something to fill time so it's not just an awkward loading screen?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

snoremac posted:

In this and BotW I don't understand why the blood moon gets such a cool but repetitive and eventually annoying scene every time when its effect is pretty much meaningless. Does the game have to reload the enemies and so there has to be something to fill time so it's not just an awkward loading screen?

exactly that, yes

the world needs to periodically dump its memory or something to maintain stability, the blood moon just makes the process diegetic

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
You can skip the blood moon cutscene.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Snake Maze posted:

Yes, but you need to hit a button combination, and you have to wait a few seconds into the scene, and if you don't time it just right, it won't work and you have to try again

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s weird it’s a different button to skip the blood moon scene than for other cutscenes.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

There was a lot less worth duping, materials-wise, and you can farm like 10 farosh horns a minute even to this day in BotW so anything involving rupees is handled "legitimately".

e: you can tell how many people were burned by all the "is this okay to sell" comments ITT, but generally speaking if you hoarded the expensive stuff instead of selling it in botw you were good on armor upgrades unless you were trying to upgrade literally everything

I did the snow bowling minigame to grind cash in BoTW. Having basically unlimited cash helped me finish that game without too much stress.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Snake Maze posted:

I know but there's the buildup to it and those few unskippable seconds at the start which unfortunately lower my overall score of Tears to 6.5/10.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pirate Radar posted:

It’s weird it’s a different button to skip the blood moon scene than for other cutscenes.

don't get me started about buttons changing function...like how sprinting on a horse (A) is different than sprinting while swimming (X), which is different than sprinting while running (B)...which all leads to me jumping onto then off of a horse on accident constantly.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

exactly that, yes

the world needs to periodically dump its memory or something to maintain stability, the blood moon just makes the process diegetic
It's a fair enough trade for what is otherwise a seamless world.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

snoremac posted:

I know but there's the buildup to it and those few unskippable seconds at the start which unfortunately lower my overall score of Tears to 6.5/10.

The build up to it is your cue to run to a cooking area (or get those portable pots out) and start cooking as many dishes as you can to benefit from the "made during blood moon" bonus.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LifeSunDeath posted:

don't get me started about buttons changing function...like how sprinting on a horse (A) is different than sprinting while swimming (X), which is different than sprinting while running (B)...which all leads to me jumping onto then off of a horse on accident constantly.

For me it’s forgetting I can’t throw things while in midair and hitting R while paragliding

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Fangz posted:

The build up to it is your cue to run to a cooking area (or get those portable pots out) and start cooking as many dishes as you can to benefit from the "made during blood moon" bonus.

Isn't it like 15 seconds long???

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The weapons you get in the depths that are shiny - just more durability or? I fused my strongest monster mat to one but I’m afraid to actually use it

If you are talking about the weapons the Ghost Knights are holding in the Depths, those are pristine weapons, which have higher attack and noticeably more durability compared to the decayed versions you normally find.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

They respawn so feel free to use them.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

120 hours in and still no sign of Kass. I'm starting to suspect he might not be in the game at all :ohdear:

Frankston fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 27, 2023

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Frankston posted:

120 hours in and still so sign of Tingle. I'm starting to suspect he might not be in the game at all :ohdear:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Frankston posted:

120 hours in and still no sign of Kass. I'm starting to suspect he might not be in the game at all :ohdear:

My guess is he's gonna be in the DLC. His wife and kids are still in Rito Village so it's not like the devs forgot about him.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Addison, why are you in the middle of a field, on a hill, in a raging thunderstorm? :stare:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
You know... with the dup glitch going away, just give us a loving proper Sandbox Mode!

Because the AMIIBO is like the paid dup glitch, the game is already broken in that respect. If I want free items to just fall from the sky I can do it. But I really just want to build poo poo with no restirctions and not have to think about how it's impacting my main game save. And yeah, I realize I could just not save, but I don't have everything unlocked yet.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What, and let down President Hudson?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
If anyone is looking to make some quick rupees in the game, at the eastern foot of Satori Mountain, Sonapan Shrine sits amongst an apple grove. I just went there for the first time today, and collected close to 150 apples in just a few minutes, as well as about a dozen golden apples. Travel somewhere with a cooking spot and a shop like Kakariko Village, you can cook 30 simmered fruits, sell them for 27 rupees each, netting you about 810 rupees.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What the hell are you guys doing that you need so many materials?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Spanish Manlove posted:

What the hell are you guys doing that you need so many materials?

Hoarding them! Just leave me alone, okay? I can stop when I want to.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I just duped diamonds because my inner completionist wants to buy ALL the armor. Even if I then just run around in the knight set all the time anyways.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm currently ingame on the previous version. If I disable auto-updates and quit out, will it just prompt me to update next time I launch? Is my Switch forever doomed to be a Zelda arcade machine I can only put in sleep (not the worst fate)?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i think for the most part the game is pretty good at giving you resources without requiring grinding to the point that duping is necessary but the amiibo armors probably shouldn't be so costly to upgrade when they're often used as rewards for questlines, caves, and depths exploration.

CJacobs posted:

I'm currently ingame on the previous version. If I disable auto-updates and quit out, will it just prompt me to update next time I launch? Is my Switch forever doomed to be a Zelda arcade machine I can only put in sleep (not the worst fate)?

go into your switch's system settings and turn off auto-updates

Augus fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 27, 2023

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Just sell armour you don't intend to wear for money.

Frankly your armour inventory is poorly organised enough that pruning it improves the user experience substantially.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

EVIL Gibson posted:

Things I attach to shields

1. Rockets - So you can fly straight up as long as you battery

I have loads of battery but found the rocket just explodes long before it's depleted.