Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shard posted:

The mdickie games haven't had missing limbs for years

It's their only flaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

It's their only flaw

I once had a 1 armed joe become world champ after a dynamite match

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I wonder how scaled back the Switch version will be when compared to the PS5 version. I have PS5 pre-ordered, but feeling that may be the wrong decision.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Astro7x posted:

I wonder how scaled back the Switch version will be when compared to the PS5 version. I have PS5 pre-ordered, but feeling that may be the wrong decision.
It's a Switch version of a game designed for much more powerful systems, so I wouldn't expect miracles. Obviously it's hard to say what the cutbacks are at this point and how well the engine scales to the Switch's outdated mobile tech, but I'd go for one of the current-gen console versions (or PC, provided that the port isn't a complete disaster) unless portability is really important.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Less than ten minutes from now!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would be cool if the switch version has detailed yet low res textures as well as noticeable arm and leg seams. hell, even an abdomen seam if you want to get fancy

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DMorbid posted:

It's a Switch version of a game designed for much more powerful systems, so I wouldn't expect miracles. Obviously it's hard to say what the cutbacks are at this point and how well the engine scales to the Switch's outdated mobile tech, but I'd go for one of the current-gen console versions (or PC, provided that the port isn't a complete disaster) unless portability is really important.

Eh, if it's good maybe I'll just get both. This seems like the type of game I'd want a digital download of on the Switch so I can just pick it up in handheld mode and play a quick match.

One of my first world problems is my PS5 is in my basement hooked up to my OLED TV, so it's not as convenient as just sitting in a recliner in the living room in handheld mode

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I hope it runs well on the steam deck

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Here's some gameplay if you missed it. I like how doing a tope into the guardrail moves the guardrail

https://twitter.com/AngoPW/status/1661409672560095237

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

I hope it runs well on the steam deck

I'm like 80% sure they were streaming it from a steam deck.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I think Uno said they were using xbox and streaming it using hotel wifi

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

I think Uno said they were using xbox and streaming it using hotel wifi

Well he can say that but I'm pretty sure that's a steam deck notification noise here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEfwDzvrLFw&t=920s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hotel wifi makes sense for why it was noticeably lagging at times

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The AKI momentum bar coming back is promising, though whether it will actually work like those games mechanically will prob only be determined when it comes out. Seems like aerial stuff might have gotten the short end of the polishing stick, the top rope stuff was rough

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I had hoped they would have shown even a little bit of the CAW system. If I can't make even a decent Steroided Out Tony Khan, what's the point?

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Is there any word on if the PS4 version has a free PS5 upgrade or if it's dual buy or whatever?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

super macho dude posted:

I had hoped they would have shown even a little bit of the CAW system. If I can't make even a decent Steroided Out Tony Khan, what's the point?

Dude... CAW? If the roided out version of Tony on the cover of Bloomberg Businessweek is not an actual in game character, what are we even doing making video games?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1662289306541789185

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

drat that looks good

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Very happy to see that running on a steam deck

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shard posted:

drat that looks good

Well yeah, it's Ricky!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Looks great, can’t wait to play it *does the Ricky starks pose*

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

RandolphCarter posted:

Very happy to see that running on a steam deck

Looks like a Switch to me in which case it still looks pretty good compared to WWE's last attempt to make a switch game

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i can't wait to buy things in the AEW Shopzone with my AEW Bucks

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/cmpuls3/status/1662302957856239616

Full shot of the menu

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

minigames

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

You telling me you missed the trailer with the home run derby and Penta Says footage?

If you did, then I am absolutely not joking.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Looks like a Switch to me in which case it still looks pretty good compared to WWE's last attempt to make a switch game

Deck screen is 16:10 so you usually have letterboxing like you see in that pic. Also that little notch on the top makes me think it’s a deck.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1662349476315672577

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It is pretty fitting that the first CAW for Fight Forever is from newlegacyinc and this is what they made

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

It was:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There doesn't seem to be an option for Trios matches?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

There doesn't seem to be an option for Trios matches?

I think it's already been confirmed that 4-man matches are the max in this game, which is disappointing but probably expected for a first game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

can confirm that there is Create an Arena and Create A Belt but do not know how in depth they are.

the biggest news tho? the menu music is dig diggity

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

can confirm that there is Create an Arena and Create A Belt but do not know how in depth they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDe4C6wGunU Was it this?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

STONE COLD 64 posted:

If this is a lie I'll be very upset with you for many years

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gavok posted:

You telling me you missed the trailer with the home run derby and Penta Says footage?

If you did, then I am absolutely not joking.

The lack of showing any more of the mini games makes me think that they're complete garbage. But like, whatever, if it's just in there for shits and giggles with a dozen or so Mario Party style mini games, I know the actual roster that are gamers are going to have a loving blast with it and hilarity will ensue!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Astro7x posted:

The lack of showing any more of the mini games makes me think that they're complete garbage. But like, whatever, if it's just in there for shits and giggles with a dozen or so Mario Party style mini games, I know the actual roster that are gamers are going to have a loving blast with it and hilarity will ensue!

Oh yeah, they're gonna be trash, but it seems like a fun why not side thing. I know some people start hissing when they see minigames but gently caress, I bet it breaks up the development monotony.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

better be a Mox blading minigame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Riding to the beach, otherwise I’d make an rear end Spelunker is All Elite graphic.