Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Fangz posted:

Just sell armour you don't intend to wear for money.

Frankly your armour inventory is poorly organised enough that pruning it improves the user experience substantially.
but but but what if...!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Giant Robotic Enemy Crab Syndrome is a bitch

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

I laughed out loud when I reached one of the mines and the autobuild schematic the construct gave me was just “bridge”

I got one recently "instant kitchen." It's like 5 or 6 stone slabs, including a wall and roof over cooking pot, plus a spike so you can stick it in a cliff if you want. lmao i should build it to see if you even get more than 1 cook out of it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Isn't it like 15 seconds long???

it's longer than that and it only takes a half a second to cook something once you're standing by the pot. time freezes for all the menuing and the cook animation so you can cook a dozen meals easy in that window

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I just now realized that there's two handed weapons in this game and you can't use your shield when you have one out, probably why I get roasted so often. You can block if you have nothing out and you hit shield but I'm not sure how you retract your weapon if you hit attack so you can go back to using the shield easily.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cirina posted:

I mean to me it's pretty obvious that Calamity Ganon is just a powered up version of Phantom Ganon from Ganondorf's power leaking out of the seal over hundreds to thousands of years. Also I don't actually think ToTK and BOTW line up with any of the previous games, especially with Ganondorf getting his own version of the Ocarina of Time origin story in it, pretty sure it's a reboot of the whole thing with the rest of the games being at best in universe fairy tales.

I also assume Calamity was just mean power leaking out. However still pretty firm on this game and BotW being at the beginning and end of time-flat-circle simultaneously.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Fangz posted:

heresy

LifeSunDeath posted:

I just now realized that there's two handed weapons in this game and you can't use your shield when you have one out, probably why I get roasted so often. You can block if you have nothing out and you hit shield but I'm not sure how you retract your weapon if you hit attack so you can go back to using the shield easily.

you can put your weapon away by sprinting or just tapping B
this also puts it out if it's on fire!

also pro tip each weapon type has a unique sprint attack if you hit the button while already sprinting. the greatsword one is really fast and handy

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 27, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

90% of my economy is harvesting the souls of the dead to buy and resell clothing I will never wear :homebrew:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Frankston posted:

120 hours in and still no sign of Kass. I'm starting to suspect he might not be in the game at all :ohdear:

After you finish the stable quest chain Traysi says Penn took off up north to go chill with someone, context clues say this is presumably with whom

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:
Just happened upon the Spirit Temple. Not sure if there's any connected storyline, but coming across it by chance has got to be the highlight of this game for me so far.

Side note, anyone else constantly stuck in arrow poverty? Like, where can a guy get some arrows around here?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Updog Scully posted:

Just happened upon the Spirit Temple. Not sure if there's any connected storyline, but coming across it by chance has got to be the highlight of this game for me so far.

Side note, anyone else constantly stuck in arrow poverty? Like, where can a guy get some arrows around here?

breaking boxes and killing enemies
ones in the depths seem to give you a lot more

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Updog Scully posted:

Crate and Barrel

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

heresy

you can put your weapon away by sprinting or just tapping B
this also puts it out if it's on fire!

also pro tip each weapon type has a unique sprint attack if you hit the button while already sprinting. the greatsword one is really fast and handy

thank you, overall I'd say I'm having trouble with combat, esp if I don't just shoot bomb arrows and stay away from stuff.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Updog Scully posted:

Don't use arrows with your brightbloom seeds, that's the secret to saving ammo. Also yeah, hit crates and stuff.

The Depths generally tends to be the answer to all resource problems.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 27, 2023

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Fangz posted:

The Depths generally tends to be the answer to all resource problems.

Truth.

The three mainstays of the depths are game breakingly powerful; puffshrooms, bomb flowers, and muddle buds.

Being able to metal-gear-solid your way through all the outposts, plus the nice scattering of boss enemies and zonai part stalls makes for very convenient chill exploring.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I got down to like 80 zonai ore yesterday from plopping out twofans constantly to clean up the translation islands and some other stuff. Then went to the depths to find a few light roots I hadn't found yet and came back up to the surface with 400 ore after a few light roots and mine treasures lol

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

If anyone is looking to make some quick rupees in the game, at the eastern foot of Satori Mountain, Sonapan Shrine sits amongst an apple grove. I just went there for the first time today, and collected close to 150 apples in just a few minutes, as well as about a dozen golden apples. Travel somewhere with a cooking spot and a shop like Kakariko Village, you can cook 30 simmered fruits, sell them for 27 rupees each, netting you about 810 rupees.

Addendum to this: there's a small pond behind the shrine and off to the side where you can usually find a whole lot of stork hanging out, and shooting the pond with a shock fruit gets you a shitload of raw bird drumsticks at one go.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I forgot to actually put up the Champion photo in my completed BOTW run so it wasn't at the house here. If I go back to that file and put the photo up do I need to beat Ganon on that file again and save it or since it has the star can I just immediately start a new TOTK run with the photo at the house?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Addison, why are you in the middle of a field, on a hill, in a raging thunderstorm? :stare:

I'm half expecting him to be there for the final boss.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

easy money tip:
shoot photo of rich resource deposit, if you cant find one, buy the photo from robbie
set your tracker to rich resource deposit
go to death mountain
every time you find a rich deposit, mark it on the map with a stamp
every couple hours, you can quickly go from stamp to stamp and get dozens of expensive minerals

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
holy poo poo, I didn't realize Frox could freaking leap frog around! That's some serious air!! I didn't feel like re-defeating this one after entering depths while paragliding, and he almost gobbled me out of the sky, like, really high up lmao. looked funny seeing that big boy make suc ha big flop

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Khanstant posted:

I also assume Calamity was just mean power leaking out. However still pretty firm on this game and BotW being at the beginning and end of time-flat-circle simultaneously.

Agreed on the last point. My headcanon for the two Switch Zelda games is basically that on a long enough timescale, everything is true. More specifically, I like the idea of BotW and TotK taking place during the quantum restructuring after the heat death of the Zelda universe, where everything that happened before happens again in a reinterpreted jumbled-up timey-wimey ball of bullshit. Makes the answer to “but what about timelines” the simple one of “shhhhh it doesn’t matter just enjoy it”.

Might also explain why it looks like there’s more land outside of Hyrule but you can’t actually go to it and why the destruction of Hyrule is effectively the destruction of the whole world.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I forgot to actually put up the Champion photo in my completed BOTW run so it wasn't at the house here. If I go back to that file and put the photo up do I need to beat Ganon on that file again and save it or since it has the star can I just immediately start a new TOTK run with the photo at the house?

Wait so if people didn’t get the pre calamity picture on the botw save it doesn’t show up for people playing totk?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/rinhara5aki/status/1662188535498293248?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

These motherfuckers are out here styling on lynels already without bomb glitches

what's the item they put down out of a zonai capsule?

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
A hover stone ^

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

sonatinas posted:

Wait so if people didn’t get the pre calamity picture on the botw save it doesn’t show up for people playing totk?

Either this is the case or I completely glossed over it in TOTK. I think it's the former, because after getting the photo you do have to actually go to your house in Hateno and go put it up.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Sub Zero Link is best Link

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Fangz posted:

Frankly your armour inventory is poorly organised enough that pruning it improves the user experience substantially.

No. You keep the drip to play dress-up with. What the hell is wrong with you?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In my house I put a picture of me making fun of the character in the cage in the Dueling Peaks newspaper mission.

Gonna be hard to explain that one to visitors.

I'm considering duping a fuckton of Zoanite before updating. I just want unlimited auto-build!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

LifeSunDeath posted:

You can also fuse a shield to the two hander :sickos:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Argue posted:

You can also fuse a shield to the two hander :sickos:

You can but I'd much rather have a strong weapon with a good horn on it than some 14 attack power thing that can defend on occasion.

But seriously can we talk about how good the fuse mechanic is? They doubled down on weapons breaking but that's exactly why it works. You have an infinite bag of your actual weapons and the hilts just come when you need them. I never have to sacrifice a good sword in order to pick up a slightly better one. I'll just keep on fusing to my heart's content. L

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Agreed on the last point. My headcanon for the two Switch Zelda games is basically that on a long enough timescale, everything is true. More specifically, I like the idea of BotW and TotK taking place during the quantum restructuring after the heat death of the Zelda universe, where everything that happened before happens again in a reinterpreted jumbled-up timey-wimey ball of bullshit. Makes the answer to “but what about timelines” the simple one of “shhhhh it doesn’t matter just enjoy it”.

Might also explain why it looks like there’s more land outside of Hyrule but you can’t actually go to it and why the destruction of Hyrule is effectively the destruction of the whole world.

I disagree on it resulting in the "shh it doesn't matter" answer. First, that's just what anyone who doesn't care about the timeline can tell themselves before disengaging to enjoy it self-contained, which they all work as. Doesn't make much sense to try and use the text to support an idc position since you could just not care.

For folks who like the timelines, it follows if timelines can variably diverge then they can also converge, or braid, or form a Jeremy Bearimy shape. They can also stretch to adapt new ideas as they have them, they make a fun game and dress up the "collect thing; help princess; beat evil; save kingdom" legend framework with some spices and monster parts.

Someone had their idea for rabbit dragons and had the opportunity to tie them into Zelda using the mesoamerican ruins they planted around BotW hunting at being the ancienter tech Shiekah got their ancient tech form. If you're going that far back might as well add the origin to something, like they did with Link's hat lol. Whatever burl of the timeline we are in, it's one where spirit of Fi is present but spirit of Ezlo seems relegated to the DLC of murky legends lol, hence no new hat for the wrong colour cover outfits. This one adds a myth for the origins of the sages, and to start to establish Nintendo is interested in exploring themes of extra-terrestrial love and they're tired of holding back.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They have all the physics in here to make a baseball minigame

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Khanstant posted:

They have all the physics in here to make a baseball minigame

They already sort of have, there’s a shrine where you have to build and play the baseball mini game from Persona 5

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also weirdly, TotK is easier to fit in the timeline than BotW because it gives 2 possible easy anchor points.

1 is Rauru and his Kingdom form after Zelda 2 in the 'Downfall' timeline after Hyrule is fully destroyed. His new Kingdom takes the name and reforms it, Ganondorf is reborn and we get a long rear end timeskip to BotW/modern TotK.

Alternatively Rauru is the first founder of Hyrule post Skyward Sword, the Calamity is a distinct but related issue that ties into the war Hylia threw people into the sky for and BotW/TotK take place between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Nihonniboku posted:

If anyone is looking to make some quick rupees in the game, at the eastern foot of Satori Mountain, Sonapan Shrine sits amongst an apple grove. I just went there for the first time today, and collected close to 150 apples in just a few minutes, as well as about a dozen golden apples. Travel somewhere with a cooking spot and a shop like Kakariko Village, you can cook 30 simmered fruits, sell them for 27 rupees each, netting you about 810 rupees.

And make sure you do that autobuild/giant clump of apples trick to have them zoom right off the trees to you

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Costco Meatballs posted:

And make sure you do that autobuild/giant clump of apples trick to have them zoom right off the trees to you

Please say more.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What do you think it feels like to swim through rocks like Link

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Subjunctive posted:

Please say more.

Fuse a whole giant clump of apples together. Save to autobuild favourites. Select clump to build. Run around orchard as apples zoom into your arms like you're a wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Costco Meatballs posted:

Fuse a whole giant clump of apples together. Save to autobuild favourites. Select clump to build. Run around orchard as apples zoom into your arms like you're a wizard.

Do you have to split them up after? I guess I’ll try it and see! Neat, thanks.