Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Do you have to split them up after? I guess I’ll try it and see! Neat, thanks.

Cancel the build with b and it dumps them in a pile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I dupe because I'm pushing 40, have 2 kids and a full time job.

I'd rather not go through a lengthy process just to make a number marginally go up any more because I don't have the time to do that.

I get that weapon durability is a design choice and it makes the game what it is, but just give us aging gamers an accessibility option or something to cut out any gridy gameplay bits.

That being said, I'm betting if those started appearing in games, a large percentage of players would turn it on. I don't think anybody likes a grind.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Just cancel and all the collected ones will drop where the autobuild is hovering, works for golden apples too

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Subjunctive posted:

No just drop them rather than building and they don't fuse, but either way a shape like that will usually disintegrate with one split rather than having to go one by one

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Autobuild won't bind plucked components if you cancel out of it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kin posted:

I dupe because I'm pushing 40, have 2 kids and a full time job.

I'd rather not go through a lengthy process just to make a number marginally go up any more because I don't have the time to do that.

I get that weapon durability is a design choice and it makes the game what it is, but just give us aging gamers an accessibility option or something to cut out any gridy gameplay bits.

That being said, I'm betting if those started appearing in games, a large percentage of players would turn it on. I don't think anybody likes a grind.

Puffshrooms are more powerful than an inventory full of diamonds and lynel saber horns, pretty sure dazzlefruit are too. Don't think they allow sneakstrikes but they'll daze enemies and make them drop weapons

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tunicate posted:

Cancel the build with b and it dumps them in a pile

Epic High Five posted:

Just cancel and all the collected ones will drop where the autobuild is hovering, works for golden apples too

Costco Meatballs posted:

No just drop them rather than building and they don't fuse, but either way a shape like that will usually disintegrate with one split rather than having to go one by one

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Autobuild won't bind plucked components if you cancel out of it.

Even better!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I finished the Rito temple and have just been sort of aimlessly exploring since, having a ton of fun with it. Is there a generally accepted next temple I should do? Or does it truly not matter at all?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Beat the lightning temple, it was a good time overall. I thought it was nice to be running around in what felt like a more traditional dungeon area, and the puzzle theme was fun.

But yeah, the Gerudo sage power is kind of frustrating in practice, (a) it just feels slow as heck to recharge and then expand to where you need to use it, and (b) like someone mentioned yesterday it's weird to give a melee character a range-focused power. It's very frustrating when they're constantly running away from you to do nearly zero melee damage against gibdos, while you're trying to catch up and talk to them to trigger the elemental power that actually hurts the monsters!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ended up in a loong run doing a lot of stuff, but most significantly I got a pristine 200 attack Royal Guard Claymore for Lynels, got a lot of money, found the Zonaite armor set and overall explored a lot.

I think I'm ready to go for the final dungeons so the game is in an end state and all sidequests/stuff is unlocked.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

If anyone is looking to make some quick rupees in the game, at the eastern foot of Satori Mountain, Sonapan Shrine sits amongst an apple grove. I just went there for the first time today, and collected close to 150 apples in just a few minutes, as well as about a dozen golden apples. Travel somewhere with a cooking spot and a shop like Kakariko Village, you can cook 30 simmered fruits, sell them for 27 rupees each, netting you about 810 rupees.

This is not quick rupees, that's a lot of meaning and skipping through cooking animations to make less money than smashing any crappy rock and selling what you get. A good rock might get you over 500 rupees.

Every outfit piece sells for 600, even if you want to hoard every main set, you get a dozen DLC sets sprinkled all over the place in easy safe places to grab.

Edit: also can sell a Goron 100 flint for 1000 rupees

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 27, 2023

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My view of these games timelines, heavy TotK spoilers

The segment of the games you are playing in are the furthest along in the timeline. The time Zelda has been sent to is the furthest back. She's before the master sword was made, before any other Zelda existed, before Hylia or Link or Demise and before the Hylians retreat to the sky.

Every Ganondorf that isn't the one from this game is literally another Gerudo named Ganondorf. This is the OG special boy. He is still there under the castle while literally every other Zelda game takes place.

Uh and also it's the twilight princess timeline not the wind waker one. Because that castle is under the ocean.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Zore posted:

Also weirdly, TotK is easier to fit in the timeline than BotW because it gives 2 possible easy anchor points.

1 is Rauru and his Kingdom form after Zelda 2 in the 'Downfall' timeline after Hyrule is fully destroyed. His new Kingdom takes the name and reforms it, Ganondorf is reborn and we get a long rear end timeskip to BotW/modern TotK.

Alternatively Rauru is the first founder of Hyrule post Skyward Sword, the Calamity is a distinct but related issue that ties into the war Hylia threw people into the sky for and BotW/TotK take place between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time.

I think the first hypothesis is more probable than the second just in due that when Zelda shows people the Master Sword completely hosed up, NO ONE knows what the hell she's talking about, no one has heard of it, so to me that implies that it either hasn't even been made yet or that royal family in the past was just that committed to keeping it a secret since it was the key that opened up the Sacred Realm. Also Raaru was either supremely confident that his gems were more powerful or just powerful enough to do the job of stopping Dorf or just that stupid to not use the Master Sword that should have been available at that time to use on Dorf to fully beat him.

This sequel also follows the tradition of direct Zelda sequels that have nothing to do with Triforce shenanigans. Save for Zelda 2.

Also I think I'm spoiled by One Piece currently having a dragon antagonist be this insane imposing smart floating apocalypse attempting to conquer a whole rear end land vs Dorf becoming some weird cockeyed dragon that..... doesn't do much at all.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Jiro posted:

I think the first hypothesis is more probable than the second just in due that when Zelda shows people the Master Sword completely hosed up, NO ONE knows what the hell she's talking about, no one has heard of it, so to me that implies that it either hasn't even been made yet or that royal family in the past was just that committed to keeping it a secret since it was the key that opened up the Sacred Realm. Also Raaru was either supremely confident that his gems were more powerful or just powerful enough to do the job of stopping Dorf or just that stupid to not use the Master Sword that should have been available at that time to use on Dorf to fully beat him.

This sequel also follows the tradition of direct Zelda sequels that have nothing to do with Triforce shenanigans. Save for Zelda 2.

Also I think I'm spoiled by One Piece currently having a dragon antagonist be this insane imposing smart floating apocalypse attempting to conquer a whole rear end land vs Dorf becoming some weird cockeyed dragon that..... doesn't do much at all.

I honestly do not buy the idea that it fits into the previous timelines in any way whatsoever, not when Link, Zelda, and the Master Sword didn't exist at all until after Ganondorf showed up and got sealed away in his own version of the Ocarina of Time origin story (Tries to invade Hyrule but fails, does a fake swearing of fealty to Hyrule, betrays them and steals a sacred treasure to become the demon king, gets sealed away in the imprisoning war), when in the original timeline he only shows up way way after as part of the incarnation of Demise's curse. Trying to fit it into that is an absurdly huge reach.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This Ganondorf being clearly not the one from OoT throws an irrevocable wrench into any timeline discussions for this game.

Jiro posted:

This sequel also follows the tradition of direct Zelda sequels that have nothing to do with Triforce shenanigans.
You know for the series' iconic logo macguffin the Triforce is only relevant in like 1/3 of the games.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Talorat posted:

I finished the Rito temple and have just been sort of aimlessly exploring since, having a ton of fun with it. Is there a generally accepted next temple I should do? Or does it truly not matter at all?

After Rito, Purah suggests that you go to Goron City next “since it is closest.”

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My house looks like loving dog poo poo

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Finally finished the water temple (saved Zora for last since BotW heavily incentivized you to do it first) and maybe my brain is just poisoned by the internet but I am convinced that the only reason Sidon suddenly has a female fiance out of nowhere when no other major characters from BotW got a similar romantic development is because Nintendo were salty about how much he got shipped with Link. Which, if true, lmao.

The multi-stage path leading to the Water Temple was really cool and the temple itself had a nice aesthetic, but it was all really hampered by the most abysmal framedrops in the game so far. Between the low gravity mechanic and all the particle effects going off in every direction, it was legit dipping down into slideshow territory on a docked switch when fights would break out and it really killed the vibe. :(

Oh well that's all the regional phenomena down, maybe I should actually extensively explore the depths now.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I found a magic staff. Does chucking a star fragment onto them do MASSIVE DAMAGE to anything or is it just another fun weapon?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

That DICK! posted:

My house looks like loving dog poo poo

What are the odds they can make some DLC that adds more options for Dream House building? I’d like to be able to paint it, add a roof like the Tarrey Town houses and also some loving windows because my house feels more cramped then most caves, somehow

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Funky Valentine posted:

This Ganondorf being clearly not the one from OoT throws an irrevocable wrench into any timeline discussions for this game.

You know for the series' iconic logo macguffin the Triforce is only relevant in like 1/3 of the games.

I just say Gerudo name any born male Ganondorf bingo bango bongo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sydin posted:

Finally finished the water temple (saved Zora for last since BotW heavily incentivized you to do it first) and maybe my brain is just poisoned by the internet but I am convinced that the only reason Sidon suddenly has a female fiance out of nowhere when no other major characters from BotW got a similar romantic development is because Nintendo were salty about how much he got shipped with Link. Which, if true, lmao.

i doubt that

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Man, I am mixed up with the mine cart tracks in the Fire temple. Gonna have to make a map or something.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Re: Link/Sidon shipping, Sidon put a statue in the center of town of Link riding him, don't think any particular narrative choice is going to kill the ship.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

My view of these games timelines, heavy TotK spoilers

The segment of the games you are playing in are the furthest along in the timeline. The time Zelda has been sent to is the furthest back. She's before the master sword was made, before any other Zelda existed, before Hylia or Link or Demise and before the Hylians retreat to the sky.

Every Ganondorf that isn't the one from this game is literally another Gerudo named Ganondorf. This is the OG special boy. He is still there under the castle while literally every other Zelda game takes place.

Uh and also it's the twilight princess timeline not the wind waker one. Because that castle is under the ocean.

I don't think it's any one timeline since Rito and Zora are both here. I can buy the furthest/latest split with the new totk stuff. However that leaves a lot of Zelda eternal watching a lot of other Zeldii and Linkopi born and fighting for their own incarnations of everyone. They should patch the light dragon into BotW but not let you get close enough to it to really see, like have her flying over the gulf between Hyrule and rest of world you can't reach.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Khanstant posted:

I don't think it's any one timeline since Rito and Zora are both here. I can buy the furthest/latest split with the new totk stuff. However that leaves a lot of Zelda eternal watching a lot of other Zeldii and Linkopi born and fighting for their own incarnations of everyone. They should patch the light dragon into BotW but not let you get close enough to it to really see, like have her flying over the gulf between Hyrule and rest of world you can't reach.

I mean Zelda 2 has both current Zelda and her ancestor who got trapped in a crystal several hundred years ago, also named Zelda. Multiple incarnations running around at the same time is a staple :v

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lol, I only figured out just now that the Korok backpacks get added into your autobuild memory if you stick the Korok onto something. I got very excited for a second when I saw it and thought I'd managed to create artificial life :byoscience:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I still haven’t found any giant fairies. While exploring I found Kakariko Village and was excited to go check in with my old fairy friend above town. I was bummed to find a giant black pit where she used to be. The hunt continues.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Beat the lightning temple a couple days ago

Now feels like a good time to do what I did in RDR2: gently caress off from main-questing and wander through every square inch of the map, going wherever god takes me

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Re: Link/Sidon shipping, Sidon put a statue in the center of town of Link riding him, don't think any particular narrative choice is going to kill the ship.

lmao, point.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Wouldn't be the first time. Four Swords Adventure's Ganon is a transformed form of a new Ganondorf that was reincarnated and not the OoT Ganondorf. And that game is considered a canon part of the timeline, occurring after Twilight Princess.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Man, I am mixed up with the mine cart tracks in the Fire temple. Gonna have to make a map or something.

It's easier to ignore the tracks for the most part and just climb around. You don't need to actually ride them for most of the dungeon when you can just scale the walls.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Yestermoment posted:

I found a magic staff. Does chucking a star fragment onto them do MASSIVE DAMAGE to anything or is it just another fun weapon?

I actually found a magic staff with a star fragment already stuck onto it. For the record, it appears to fling light balls. They don't appear to do any damage. Just... ranged lighting.

The intended purpose of magic staves is stapling a ruby, sapphire, or topaz onto them and getting wizrobe weapons.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Supremezero posted:

I actually found a magic staff with a star fragment already stuck onto it. For the record, it appears to fling light balls. They don't appear to do any damage. Just... ranged lighting.

The intended purpose of magic staves is stapling a ruby, sapphire, or topaz onto them and getting wizrobe weapons.

Oh good I’d been lugging one around thinking it was going to be important later, now I can just pay the kid to pop it off

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Just Andi Now posted:

Wouldn't be the first time. Four Swords Adventure's Ganon is a transformed form of a new Ganondorf that was reincarnated and not the OoT Ganondorf. And that game is considered a canon part of the timeline, occurring after Twilight Princess.

The Gerudo really need to work on more names for their boys. The once-in-a-century king probably won't become an evil sorcerer pig monster if his name is "Greg".

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Funky Valentine posted:

The Gerudo really need to work on more names for their boys. The once-in-a-century king probably won't become an evil sorcerer pig monster if his name is "Greg".

Across all the games was it one guy or were they several boys who looked exactly the same and had the same name

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Valsu posted:

It's easier to ignore the tracks for the most part and just climb around. You don't need to actually ride them for most of the dungeon when you can just scale the walls.

That's a weird one. I beat the dang thing, and I still don't have a feel for its intended layout. I got to the first two switches on minecarts without much trouble, and was totally confused after that so the rest of the temple was just a pure mishmash of flying and climbing, and building towers so I could ascend through ceilings. No idea what you're "supposed" to do.

DGP Space Lion
Oct 10, 2012

Welcome to Goa, Singham

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's a weird one. I beat the dang thing, and I still don't have a feel for its intended layout. I got to the first two switches on minecarts without much trouble, and was totally confused after that so the rest of the temple was just a pure mishmash of flying and climbing, and building towers so I could ascend through ceilings. No idea what you're "supposed" to do.

Same, I just used a mixture of climbing and hot air balloons to see how far I can get without riding the carts and it turns out the answer is "all the way to the end"

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Hygiene posted:

Beat the lightning temple, it was a good time overall. I thought it was nice to be running around in what felt like a more traditional dungeon area, and the puzzle theme was fun.

But yeah, the Gerudo sage power is kind of frustrating in practice, (a) it just feels slow as heck to recharge and then expand to where you need to use it, and (b) like someone mentioned yesterday it's weird to give a melee character a range-focused power. It's very frustrating when they're constantly running away from you to do nearly zero melee damage against gibdos, while you're trying to catch up and talk to them to trigger the elemental power that actually hurts the monsters!

I was kind of disappointed by that one. I feel like I kept ascending and skipping parts of it, especially getting to one room I assume you ought to use ascend to get to, but I kept missing the sweet spot and ending up in the boss room. Hell, I accidentally short circuited the bit at the entrance with ascend so I think the front door is still locked.

I also felt like it was the weakest boss fight of the three I’ve done so far. The mob spawns were a nuisance that didn’t feel like it added anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yea, that is pretty much how I feel about it, too. I got super annoyed with riding the carts, then having the cart off the track and flipping it around to ride it back. I gave up on it around the same time you did and resorted to shenanigans to get around.