Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Tae posted:

Boris literally karen'ed in Genshin by gloating about abusing some poor customer service person who probably doesn't know what a Genshin is outside of the company that hired them so

Oh god I remember that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Endorph posted:

woah hold on you cant just leave that unexplained

Here, have some curse

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m at the point of the game where there’s just nothing to do. Commissions take less than 10 minutes. Then 4-5 artifact domains every other day. And then… that’s it.

Oh and there’s “talk to Tubby 7 times because you keep forgetting to learn a blueprint or something” and god drat I loving hate that bird. I hate her so much I’ve been contacting CS every day and then when the CS person responds I’ve been rating them as “unhelpful” and “1 star” cause they haven’t fixed the god drat issue.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Then they can bring it up with management when they get chewed out.

Not my problem.

It creates more visibility for the issue which is what I want.

My rationale is complaining about it to CS gets me a canned “I’ve forwarded this to the devs” message which most likely means it’s put in a box somewhere where it won’t be addressed forever. I understand that anything under 4 out of 5 stars is like getting an F and that’s not my problem. I want those CS people to get warned/a talking to about having to improve their numbers. Then they can complain to their management about how the only reason they are getting 1 star is because of the loving BIRD. And if this keeps happening to different CS staff day after day after day then maybe they’ll (the management) will realize that the bird is the loving problem, and push harder to get that loving bird silenced. And if not? Oh well. Not my loving problem. The questionnaire asks if the CS was helpful which I answered truthfully no because they weren’t. And because they weren’t helpful they get 1 star.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

e: I still can't tell if this was supposed to be sarcastic or not. Like, it seems so absurd on its face

Garrand fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 27, 2023

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
:lmao: embarrassing poo poo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad SA never changes

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 31 hours!)

HSRVER10JYTGHC - 50 gems

also if you have amazon prime.
there's apprentenly something called Prime Gaming which is included in it, just search it on the site with your membership to get to it, and search star rail to claim it.
it will generate a unique one time use code for yourself for: 60gems, x5 Refined Aether, and 40k credits

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Garrand posted:

Here, have some curse

e: I still can't tell if this was supposed to be sarcastic or not. Like, it seems so absurd on its face
why would you even get that mad at tubby? its like one dialog prompt

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Garrand posted:

Here, have some curse

lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cant read timestamps because they link UTC PLUS 8 woops

it's live now

ZTPTNMTX8LUF

8A6T6LBFQ4D3

DB7A64BW8LC7

bonus 100

CS75WMP976AK

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 27, 2023

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

why would you even get that mad at tubby? its like one dialog prompt

At one point, every time you exited one of tubby's menus it'd kick you out of the conversation entirely.

So you'd do the trust rank / redeem, then have to talk to tubby again. Go into the trade menu, and when you exited that if you forgot something you'd have to talk to tubby again. It did get really tedious if you remembered something right when you exited.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

that was annoying but not "ruin some poor customer support person's life" annoying

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

UHD posted:

that was annoying but not "ruin some poor customer support person's life" annoying

If you haven't been following the thread, it's one of those threads where people are very normal and don't make poo poo up to defeat their posting rivals

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Should I farm relics for Serval or get Dan up to 70 for some wind coverage? Decisions, decisions...

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Dan is cool, you should raise him. Unless you have Sampo and want to run him with Serval.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

due to bosses being such HP sponges, I think you gonna eventually just want one hunt of every element

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dan Heng is lame and you should ignore him.

Cold Dragon Young, on the other hand, is a cool dude that deserves all your fuel.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibblebibble posted:

Should I farm relics for Serval or get Dan up to 70 for some wind coverage? Decisions, decisions...

you should rock with it, imho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

If you haven't been following the thread, it's one of those threads where people are very normal and don't make poo poo up to defeat their posting rivals
make up? those posts are real

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
is the 50/50 reset once you get two 5-stars? Like the banner plus one extra? And then it's a 50/50 coin flip again? Or does it just forever alternate?

I'm planning to get Silver Wolf, but also I want Qingque eidolons lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol what a loving loser.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Revitalized posted:

is the 50/50 reset once you get two 5-stars? Like the banner plus one extra? And then it's a 50/50 coin flip again? Or does it just forever alternate?

If you get the banner character, your next 5* has a 50% chance of being the banner character. If that one is off banner then the 5* after it is guaranteed to be the rate up. So if you got Jing Yuan while pulling for eidolons for no good reason, you would only have a 50% chance at getting Silver Wolf next time.

This means it takes an average of 150-160 pulls to guarantee any given 5*, or ~24000 jade. That's a ton, so I don't really recommend spending it on anything other than banners you want the 5* from.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 27, 2023

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Revitalized posted:

You gain a guarantee when you pull a 5* on the event banner that is NOT the banner listed 5*. The next time you pull a 5* it will be the banner listed one, and then you lose the gauarantee.

If you don't have a guarantee you have a 50% pulling the banner 5*, and if you do you do not get any kind of guarantee on your next one so it will continue being a coin flip.

It's pretty simple to think about. What was your last 5* on the event banner? Was it the banner character? Then the next one is a coin flip. If it wasn't the banner character, you have a guarantee set up for the next 5* you pull. It's common to get a guarantee and then just sit on it until the banner character you really want comes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Revitalized posted:

You start with a 50/50 chance of getting a banner 5 star or a standard 5 star. If you get a standard 5 star first your next 5 star is guaranteed to be the banner 5 star. If you get the banner 5 star first your next 5 star will have a 50/50 chance of getting the banner 5 star or a standard 5 star.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Finally got bronya + lightcone up to 70, and even a couple of trace levels. God, farming materials sucks.

Revitalized posted:

It resets whenever you pull the on-banner character.
If your first 5* on the banner is the featured character, you're at a 50/50 for whether the next 5* is on-banner or not.
If your first 5* on the banner is not the featured character, your next is guaranteed to be. Rinse and repeat.

This does carry over between the same type of banner. Character => Character, Weapon => Weapon.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
oooh okay I see.

My last 5-star banner pull was during Seele's and I got Bronya out of it... and then during Jing Yuan I did one 10-pull (and got Sushang hell yeah) but have not triggered a 5-star yet.

Meaning I'm guaranteed to get Silver Wolf on her banner if I resume pulling then.

And then after that, my coin flip is reset again for future banners.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Revitalized posted:

oooh okay I see.

My last 5-star banner pull was during Seele's and I got Bronya out of it... and then during Jing Yuan I did one 10-pull (and got Sushang hell yeah) but have not triggered a 5-star yet.

Meaning I'm guaranteed to get Silver Wolf on her banner if I resume pulling then.

Yep, you got it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Revitalized posted:

oooh okay I see.

yea, exactly.

only other thing to note is that you're guaranteed a 5* at 90 pulls without one, and the 5* rate increases a lot at 75 pulls without one. this also carries across banners. so since you did 10 pulls after getting a 5* you need 80 rolls to guarantee silver wolf and you'll likely get her around 60-70 pulls.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Kanos posted:

Destruction produces bigger numbers than Hunt, but Hunt's gimmick is being usable more often through multiple means - recharge on kill, being able to stock two uses, most hunt blessings making you take more turns/go faster so you charge the meter more, etc.

Destruction is definitely very good overall, but I find it's kind of an all or nothing path where it's great if you get all the synergies going but it's pretty awful if you get unlucky and are stuck with a smattering of different blessing types.

maybe this is just a skill issue. simply get lucky and get all the correct synergies on your first try.

edit: just realized I got the achievement for staying alive through one of the hands getting its blast off after capturing a character lol. Destruction really makes the team feel way more tanky than i've ever experienced with preservation or abundance.

Ghosthotel fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 27, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ghosthotel posted:

maybe this is just a skill issue. simply get lucky and get all the correct synergies on your first try.

edit: just realized I got the achievement for staying alive through one of the hands getting its blast off after capturing a character lol. Destruction really makes the team feel way more tanky than i've ever experienced with preservation or abundance.

Yes, that is an example of a run where Destruction kicks rear end because you got all the synergies, as I said.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

I know im being a jackass lol. I do tend to do the refresh if I don't see a blessing I want on pretty much every single battle which sometimes ends up just resulting in a really bad run but more often than not it allows me to stack all the blessings I want. I did have one silly run a while ago where I got like 20 The Hunt Blessings and right at the end got the random occurrence that just straight up gives you all the blessings of a random path (was Preservation in my case). There's def a luck aspect to SU for sure but you can gamble it your way if you have the patience.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Y'know, based on the 1.1 trailer, I wonder if Yanqing's character quest will be a bit of pseudo-main story because it'll involve Jing Yuan's master.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I hope they learned their lesson after making Ayaka and Yoimiya's character quests mandatory in Genshin though.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

JT Jag posted:

I'm 171 pulls into Regular Warp and still haven't gotten a single 5-star character out of it. Which is Great

Indecisive posted:

oof :( Guess you got 2 LC's? from what people have been saying I guess your next 5* should be a character guaranteed, but it does suck to have to wait that long for one since at this point normal ticket income is pretty slow

This is true if they don't roll a third light cone between rolls 172 and 179.

I think the actual balance pity is that you can't go 270 pulls without getting a 5* cone/character. So if you get lucky within 180 rolls anything is fair game in a row because it can ensure that your guaranteed hard pity roll between 180-270 will give you the type of 5* that you are missing.

It's easier to check the balance pity for 4*s. You can't go 30 rolls without pulling a character or cone. So if you get "lucky" and pull three characters or cones in a row within 20 pulls, you know the next 4 star you pull will be the opposite because it can ensure your hard pity roll will fill the missing one. This one is a bit easier to check.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

my cosmic shards are always low because i constantly refresh in my SU runs.
especially when I pick my path, and just get nothing of the chosen path in my first 2-3 fights

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The number of times I go 3 fights in a row WITH refreshes and not a single option from my chosen path shows up is starting to become genuinely infuriating. If nothing else it should guarantee 1 option from your chosen path if you spend for a refresh, since doing so has a cost.

What is the loving point of a path if you don't have a notably larger chance to get those bonuses? It's to the point where if I don't have the first path resonance by the first elite mob I just quit out of the run. No point wasting more time since it's likely the end boss will be a wash anyway for lack of buff synergy (and I don't have any max level traces or max level relics, let alone 5* right-set-right-mainstat relics for anyone).

Looking forward to the upcoming relic double-rewards even though it's pitifully limited in scope (3x/day) just like genshin's "overflowing leyline" bonuses.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i am enjoying playing this game. i like doing the dailies and got all my characters up to 50 with maxed out light cones and traces. now i'm excited to continue the main quest on the second planet before eventually going to equilibrium 3. fun game, cool characters, owlbert is chill

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Indecisive posted:

oof :( Guess you got 2 LC's? from what people have been saying I guess your next 5* should be a character guaranteed, but it does suck to have to wait that long for one since at this point normal ticket income is pretty slow
I actually got one lightcone! Something Irreplaceable, twice. Don't even have a Destruction character worth using it.

Ah well, I'm not hurting too bad, I have a Seele and Jing from special warp.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Hi thread,
There are going to be NO MORE cute implications that people who are playing a game with anime stylings are paedophiles. I can't believe I'm having to post that. Stop saying people who play the game are creepy. Stop making cute jokes about 'the kind of people who enjoy this game'. This is a warning shot. Enough. If you actually think someone's being inappropriate and creepy and weird about underage characters in the game, please either report them or PM one of us about it and it will be looked into. But it's not going to happen as a cutesy joke in here any more.
Thanks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did anyone really do that lately, that one guy's whole deal seemed more self-conscious

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Eh had a few reports. That post was a bit stern but I am very tired! Sorry thread if I seem grumpy! This thread seems generally lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Here, listen to this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB46Az4FPJA