Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

let's kill them

have mercy on me dr cool aids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You'll routinely see zoomers horrified at the idea that you have to pay to reg which is funny, like angry acting like it's a classist thing to keep Normal People out.

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pog boyfriend posted:

have mercy on me dr cool aids

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

let's kill them

someone go hide hbag

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Heath posted:

There is reason to believe that Sleeveless bought significant portions of his follower count

The least shocking thing I've seen on the forums.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You'll routinely see zoomers horrified at the idea that you have to pay to reg which is funny, like angry acting like it's a classist thing to keep Normal People out.

:cry: never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Maybe it’s time to double the price

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
tumblr was destroyed and SA is still going strong. A clear victory.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I paid for an internet forum cos I am a colossal retard

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
goons have given an entire generation of gamers PTSD

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

goons have given an entire generation of gamers PTSD

The only successful Goon Project

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tumblr has mostly gone the way of these forums, confined to a static and ageing population growing steadily weirder amongst each other

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The Twisty tweets made me remember an exchange that stuck with me for a while when someone showed it to me.

Saint Twisty posted:

i was in outpatient autism camp for two years. it is where i was told about fyad

jay z's sedan posted:

*unfolds a piece of notebook paper with a dead link to goatse* keep the change kid

Triticum Guzzler posted:

dude this is the best origin story of all time. its the closest thing a poster can get to being a pow

I.N.R.I posted:

twisty: just 2 more years .. ! and ill be cured! i can go home ... !
me, chained up in my own special retard cell like a feral beast: psst .... go to fyad.com and try to spend your first couple of months there just empty quoting senior regulars

Triticum Guzzler posted:

learning about the fyad forum from tap codes took me 3 weeks because somebody kept rattling their tin mug along the bars of their cell to the tune of the thomas the tank engine theme song

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

The Twisty tweets made me remember an exchange that stuck with me for a while when someone showed it to me.

lmao

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Yeah this kind of satirical posting is good, but screenshots of posts with commentary is dumb as hell

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

people who love Twitter and tweeting should be shot. not fatally but painfully.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

people who love Twitter and tweeting should be shot. not fatally but painfully.
Movie grannies use rock salt for that.
Don't know if it works irl.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

That DICK! posted:

Who cares if it’s fake? I just find it funny that his homeboy Lamar thought his jive was wack!

its boring if its fake

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

its boring if its fake

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ibram Gaunt posted:

lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Oxxidation posted:

tumblr has mostly gone the way of these forums, confined to a static and ageing population growing steadily weirder amongst each other

tumblr's memes and general community remind me of sa in some ways

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
tumblr was destroyed, reducing it to a dead, gay, blogging service

I think it's farcical to suggest that this means something awful somehow outlived it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

other country posting except it's old-fashioned internet communities

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

lol heading to the amish country and passing them a slip of paper with jims face on it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The funniest one was the kid who just assumed it was a subscription service and you had to pay $10 per-month. I guess if your posting is bad enough, it might be a lot more than that.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Reading LP but not the dangan ronpa thread during the years that was active was wild, we had all kinds of new people pop up in unrelated threads and just instantly insert their foot into their mouths or try to reference offsite stuff like we were all aware of it and not a bunch of curmudgeons

That giant battletech LP Poptarts Ninja ran even had some guy come in and post his furry fanfic that took place during one of the succession wars unprompted

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

The funniest one was the kid who just assumed it was a subscription service and you had to pay $10 per-month. I guess if your posting is bad enough, it might be a lot more than that.

he's right

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

its boring if its fake

I was being sarcastic, idiot! Obviously it sucks rear end! And gently caress YOU!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

TEN dollards?!?!! eat the freakin rich i tell ya

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

TEN dollards?!?!! eat the freakin rich i tell ya

You need to buy archives too for the whole experience.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Psycho Landlord posted:

Reading LP but not the dangan ronpa thread during the years that was active was wild, we had all kinds of new people pop up in unrelated threads and just instantly insert their foot into their mouths or try to reference offsite stuff like we were all aware of it and not a bunch of curmudgeons

That giant battletech LP Poptarts Ninja ran even had some guy come in and post his furry fanfic that took place during one of the succession wars unprompted

Excuse me what

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

God bless unsolicited fanfiction posters

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

people who are really into battletech lore are on another level entirely

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It sucks I can’t see fairies in fiction the same way ever again

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I brought this up in a previous thread, but what I remember most from the Dangan Ronpa threads is the phrase "intriguingly moe".

Some hopeless dork registered an account and posted that about a character in the second game. Slowbeef destroyed his account with extreme prejudice and a few days later earned himself a new custom title: Moe from the Three Stooges with the caption "Intriguing."

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 28, 2023

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Doggone Ropa

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Dangit Ronpaul

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

somebody once asked me if i still paid a subscription for sa and i was like lol what no it's ten dollars one time. and they were even more confused by that concept than SA being a subscription service

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I brought this up in a previous thread, but what I remember most from the Dangan Ronpa threads is the phrase "intriguingly moe".

Some hopeless dork registered an account and posted that about a character in the second game. Slowbeef destroyed his account with extreme prejudice and a few days later earned himself a new custom title: Moe from the Three Stooges with the caption "Intriguing."

moe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

now imagine if the reg fee had kept up with inflation