Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I assumed Suter was out of the league and between every Dallas game I forget he exists, so I relearn that he's still in the league over and over, like groundhog day

No that's a 50 First Dates, dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I assumed Suter was out of the league and between every Dallas game I forget he exists, so I relearn that he's still in the league over and over, like groundhog day

50 First Suters

e: God dammit. :lol:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Koopa Kid posted:

gently caress Matthew Tkachuk, but the run he's been on is undeniable

I feel the exact same. Plus cheering for Vegas is not acceptable at this point.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Why do people hate this Tkachuk kid

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

trevorreznik posted:

being one of the dirtiest players in the league for the majority of his career, vs his 1 month as a cool lovable playoff hero

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

trevorreznik posted:

I think it's mostly EDM / VAN fans, but he starts a lot of poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

The mouth guard thing.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Powershift posted:

The mouth guard thing.

Which he copies from his idol: Patrick Kane.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
:smuggo:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Can anyone tell me where Mark Stone has been? Maybe you can find it in the boxscores for me

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

just need an athletic article about stone disappearing in the playoffs then the tide will turn :grin:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Starsfan posted:

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1661933299663511554

I agree with this.. the Stars have never been an easy out for any team (even eventual Stanley Cup champions) during the Jamie Benn / Tyler Seguin era of hockey. They have repeatedly taken series they were supposed to get crushed in against much stronger and more talented opponents to games 6 and 7 and have even went on to win their fair share of them..

I still think winning is off the table because you not only need to be better than Vegas for 3 straight but you also need more luck than any team can expect, but it would not surprise me one bit if they make this a tremendous pain on the Vegas Golden Knights before they are done.

You know most times I have 0 faith in the Stars but they are unnervingly consistent in some ways and dragging out playoff series is one of them.. continues to hold true for this one

I don't know if they get past game 6, Vegas is going to bring their A++ effort to prevent the game 7 death match, I'm just happy that the Dallas fans get one more chance to watch and cheer for this team and Jamie Benn gets a chance to redeem himself.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
With the result's of tonight's game being a Stars win, the schedule for the SCF is set. The first game starts next Saturday.

https://twitter.com/walsha/status/1661935724520931328/photo/1

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars loving rule.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
good god if I could go back in time and erase game 3

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lessail posted:

Can anyone tell me where Mark Stone has been? Maybe you can find it in the boxscores for me

Found him.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Pungry posted:

With the result's of tonight's game being a Stars win, the schedule for the SCF is set. The first game starts next Saturday.

This is good because I already have sling and sling doesn’t have abc. I had to get an espn+ sub just for game 5.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Found him.

close, that is roope hintz

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Pungry posted:

Oh boy, can't wait for hockey every third day.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Oh boy, can't wait for hockey every third day.

And then it’ll be hockey every four months!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lessail posted:

close, that is roope hintz

That’s a fake name.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
You always make me feel better about not responding to Lessail by being funnier than what I wanted to say.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Dallas posters here are awesome, all I gotta say.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
That Allan Walsh guy didn’t get the memo that TNT and ESPN are trading years for who gets the Finals. It’s just the TNT year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, that Benn penalty really is gonna wind up being what costs the Stars the series, isn't it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Man, that Benn penalty really is gonna wind up being what costs the Stars the series, isn't it.

It’s not his fault he fell though. Everyone falls when you think if it.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good thing the Stars dragging this out means the Panthers will have a longer break, coming in ice cold and then having to play with long breaks between games. Someone check their record in this round after advancing in 5 games in round 2 and in games after two full days' rest.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 28, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Duckman2008 posted:

That's just physics.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Pungry posted:

lol

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It would’ve been nice if at least in the metro areas for the teams participating, they could’ve hashed out some agreements to simulcast on My33 or similar stations. The ESPN coverage isn’t good, but having it on ABC at least was a positive.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Skating is just catching yourself, on boot at a time, before you face plant into the ice.

The Benn crosscheck reminded me of what you normally see in heated regional rugby match where a divorced dad decides to take out his frustrations on a Gen Z opponent with an elbow to the jaw while they're tangled up on the turf.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Duckman2008 posted:

It’s a falling star, make a wish

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
That Benn cross check reminded me of all the other times Jamie Benn has been a complete dick.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wonderllama posted:

That Benn cross check reminded me of all the other times Jamie Benn has been a complete dick.

Yeah he's great

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Well he's apparently ok with going down.....but not in a satisfying way for both parties.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Also he doesn't eat pussy.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
He’ll give a crosscheck to the neck of Stone but you must be stoned if you think he’ll give neck.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams
The real question is whether Vegas is going to be retaliatory or simply focus on playing the game in the hopes that he stupids himself into another 5 minute major and blows the series as the captain of the theam

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Huggybear posted:

The real question is whether Vegas is going to be retaliatory or simply focus on playing the game in the hopes that he stupids himself into another 5 minute major and blows the series as the captain of the theam

I think if Vegas is out looking for revenge on Jamie Benn that would be about the biggest mistake they could ever make lol

they just need to get back to playing the boring counter attacking style that is their preference.. These last couple games without Benn and Dadonov the Stars have ironically been able to generate waaaaay more chances than they were in the first 3 games in the series. They are chewing the Vegas defense up in transition. Vegas needs to get back to the way they were playing in games 1 and 2 (basically just try to squeeze all the life out of the game and hope for bounces / Adin Hill being better than Jake Oettinger).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Imagine being a Buffalo fan and watching Eichel go to the Stanley Cup finals because your team didn’t let him have surgery he wanted to fix his neck. Yowzers.