Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
it's short hand for "i got your message but dont really have a response to type so here's a cute emoji" nothing to worry about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can buy that, maybe I'll try it. I guess no different from replying like "catte"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Data Graham posted:

I can buy that, maybe I'll try it. I guess no different from replying like "catte"

Exactly. It means 'I saw your message and acknowledge it, and probably quite liked it, but have nothing particular to say in response'. Llike posting 'haha nice' or 'yeah' or 'same'.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

HopperUK posted:

Exactly. It means 'I saw your message and acknowledge it, and probably quite liked it, but have nothing particular to say in response'. Llike posting 'haha nice' or 'yeah' or 'same'.

can confirm.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

HopperUK posted:

:yossame:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

HopperUK posted:

:thumbsup:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HopperUK posted:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

HopperUK posted:

💩

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

:coolbird:

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

:birdthunk:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/indianloonie/status/1662547194757668864

https://twitter.com/allowedtohit/status/1662520610340106245

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

:parrot:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1661903048078131201?t=oPw87lv3_Zdpvo194SQJaw&s=19

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
How are we all disrespecting A Saucerful of Secrets like this

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Isn't Andy No himself a blogger who self-identifies as a journalist?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Andy Ngo complaining about political extremist with an obvious agenda pretending to be journalists is pretty loving funny all on it's own.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What the gently caress happened at the last Taylor Swift concert?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Air Skwirl posted:

What the gently caress happened at the last Taylor Swift concert?

She performed a song called "False God"

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

While Roger is most definitely a loving idiot who takes RT at face value these days, the sudden fake outrage is astroturfed bullshit.

i dare you to spot a single thing roger waters has been wrong about

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

HiroProtagonist posted:

No, no, don't do this, PYF is a demilitarized zone.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

1stGear posted:

No, no, don't do this, PYF is a demilitarized zone.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PYF thing Roger Waters has been wrong about

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
cowardly imo to make such an assertion knowing the implications and fall back on "no no wait this is the no politics zone"

I will agree to a mutual 6er

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm less worried about AI than I used to be. Still worried about the "self driving" cars killing me.

https://twitter.com/d_feldman/status/1662308313525100546?s=20

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

credburn posted:

I'm one of those weirdos.

I wish I could tell you. It feels fuckin good. It's weird. It's a unique feeling, like a bonding thing. In a Discord server when someone posts a picture of their cat, I "react" with a cat emoji. Then a bunch of others do. What does this even mean?? I don't know! I hate that sort of thing normally, but here I do it, it fulfills some kind of social purpose. It's like lava in what way?

I like using the letter emojis to spell out the thing and sometimes one letter gets less reactions than the rest. What, the C and A were good enough but not T? gently caress's wrong with you? :argh:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

woke kaczynski posted:

I would never. I've seen the Mason show twice :colbert:

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 15:56 on May 28, 2023

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

woke kaczynski posted:

not for nothin' but The Machine used to do a 10+ minute jam heavy version of Let There Be More Light that ruled. They'd occasionally interpolate Seamus in there.

HiroProtagonist posted:

Ignoring the most blatant, recent, and obvious thing, start with virtually everything he said about the band from 1985-1998 or so with "yeah I'm capable of arena touring because everyone thinks I'm a genius" from 1984-1987.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Twitter may be garbage spiralling around the drain, but the community notes feature is sublime.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm less worried about AI than I used to be. Still worried about the "self driving" cars killing me.

https://twitter.com/d_feldman/status/1662308313525100546?s=20

The main danger of it is precisely that, that it can generate convincing nonsense with zero effort and it takes more effort to find out that it's nonsense.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Beautiful.

Someone please explain to that guy that for this equation to work, AI has to have a value of 0.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Techbro is a special kind of stupid

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Techbro is a special kind of stupid

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cloacamazing! posted:

Beautiful.

Someone please explain to that guy that for this equation to work, AI has to have a value of 0.

No, the more ai you have, the more energy you can get from a given mass!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
According to these measurements, the BS of AI is near infinite!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Cloacamazing! posted:

IoSM: AI has to have a value of 0.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Ignoring the most blatant, recent, and obvious thing, start with virtually everything he said about the band from 1985-1998 or so with "yeah I'm capable of arena touring because everyone thinks I'm a genius" from 1984-1987.

Doug Walker, is that you?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/amandadeibert/status/1662879331650244608?s=20

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Is the OP a hot gamer girl? This is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I think they're referring to the splash mountain water as important bc the Florida one closed to retheme it to Princess and the Frog instead of the old racist movie

California one is about to close, the one in Tokyo is continuing on in full Song of the South glory

Yes I am ashamed to know this Disney trivia