Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Whoops, quote is not edit.

But guess I'll add this - although it's in service of a lovely joke, he went ahead and also posted the "Voltaire" quote that's actually from a Nazi, so neato.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1662508369234608128

I thought I was having deja vu here because I could’ve sworn he’d already posted this and it turns out he did, last year, was told it was a Nazi quote and, I believe, deleted it but here it is again. Truly his political leanings are an enigma

Edit: sure enough, someone brought receipts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

sure he's boosting nazis on his platform, but he has bad opinions about food!

-a goon

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
elon musk as gollum eating a salmon from a river

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://twitter.com/SG_Tupper/status/1662526983211810816

Elon is a genius, you're just too dumb to see it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Salmon patties tho.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It’s just a meme bro, I just clicked share, it doesn’t mean anything lol, why u so mad lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

look, it's just some words and pictures designed to subtly spread the complaints of an anti-semite through common consciousness, what's the biggie

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Data Graham posted:

I mean can you imagine going through life always wondering whether X new person actually likes you or is just trying to get into your circle so you'll give them money?

My entire life has been defined by me wondering whether so-and-so only likes me because I can draw and will provide them with free art. Over and over someone will start a conversation with me and it'll seem all normal and then five minutes into it they'll be like "hey could you draw ___ for me?" Which I'm happy to do but it fucks with your ability to be emotionally open with people. I can only imagine what it would be like if I had a billion loving dollars and some rando pinged me on Telegram

can you draw a dragon

this isn't a request for you to draw one, i just want to know if that's something you're able to do or not

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

kazil posted:

sure he's boosting nazis on his platform, but he has bad opinions about food!

-a goon

Say what you will against Donjald Trump, the man never talked poo poo about cooked salmon. :colbert:

He most likely has no idea what a "salmon" is but that's besides the point.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FirstnameLastname posted:

there is also something to be said about putting commonly used controls directly on the wheel in cars. i don't see any issues with having the wipers/blinker/light/hvac/stereo/driver's window all controlled from the steering wheel if the controls are implemented in a way that makes them clear from one another and are physical switches or buttons. every time you've gotta remove or relocate a hand is an added risk - ideally when driving a car you'd sit down, put your hands at 9&3 and keep them there until you've parked

But what do you like more, people removing one hand from a wheel or people removing their eyes from the road to see where the controls are on their wheel? Because that's how any controls on the wheel work for me every time. Every time I've used a car with controls on the wheel, I just don't use whatever controls are on the wheel. It's never been anything particularly important, but still. I have never seen them implemented in a way that doesn't mean I have to take my eyes off the road to see what I'm doing. And they've all been physical switches, they just haven't been done in a way I can figure out from feel without fumbling around because my wheel isn't perfectly straight at the moment or always hitting the wrong one first.

There's something to be said for a switch that's always in one place. A mobile switch is so annoying.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Bronze Fonz posted:

Say what you will against Donjald Trump, the man never talked poo poo about cooked salmon. :colbert:

He most likely has no idea what a "salmon" is but that's besides the point.

Salmon? Never heard of him. I think he got me coffee once.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
surely Donnie's dad tried to teach him that fine dining sometimes had salmon.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

If mcdonald's doesn't sell a salmon burger, donnie's never had one

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

surely Donnie's dad tried to teach him that fine dining sometimes had salmon.

Fred probably thought eating fish was for poor people and beat the poo poo out of Donnie and his siblings to make sure they never had a single good memory associated with fish.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i think trump might know what salmon is yall

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but what about the mcfish?

also sounds like Fred should have beaten him for eating that damned papist food item.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
My mom complains about salmon being boring but she cooks the piss out of it in her steamer with zero seasoning or effort.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tha's dumb, the piss is the best part!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1AbJzWLq6w

but musk

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Tha's dumb, the piss is the best part!

are you an actual nazi who paid $44 billion dollars for a company he didn't want?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/tench_art/status/1662660558208860160?t=c3FXtSUiOKySEAyUOKs0-Q&s=19

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

.random posted:

He’s just playing the long game. To get us off this planet and to Mars, first he has to change the dialogue. How does he do that? Well, see, the left already recognizes the climate emergency we’re in, so they shouldn’t need convincing to evacuate. But the diehard right? that requires a culture change.

So he buys Twitter, pretends to engage in petty online drama and right wing talking points. He has to do it gradually - and with occasional setbacks to throw people off the scent of this being intentional - to earn their trust. But he knows he has to galvanize the cause quickly; his fleet of Teslas will slow climate change only so far, so he must dive headlong into the right wing community. Once he wins them to his cause, he slowly pivots the conversation to getting to Mars, inception-ing the right wingers to push for a migration of our people off-world.

That’s where SpaceX comes in of course. But let’s be honest with ourselves - how is your average person going to tolerate the seven month trip to Mars? Especially when they’ve got so much to learn for when they reach the other side. BasedAI can teach them a lot, but it will take time.. and time is a luxury we are running sorely short on. If only there were a way to help them directly interface with all this new knowledge they’d need. Some kind of neural link…

Where does the boring company fit in? Well, terraforming mars didn’t happen in a day, as they say. The technology we build here will save incalculable time for when we need to build hyperloops on mars.

Then, once all the levers are in motion, once it’s to late to slow the inevitable march of mankind onwards and upwards to Mars, he humbly and quietly disappears from the public consciousness and lets his greatest triumph speak for itself, through the lips of others.

This is sooo dumb. Completely reversing climate change, like back to pre-industrial co2 levels, is like a billion times easier and energy efficient than terraforming Mars. Not to mention the long term plan of moving everyone from an arguably overpopulated planet to a smaller planet. That doesn’t solve anything at all!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Gentlemen, we have a problem. Models suggest at his current rate of radicalization, Elon musk will be drinking aged urine and shooting himself in the testicles by June 31 of this year.

Suggestions?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Gentlemen, we have a problem. Models suggest at his current rate of radicalization, Elon musk will be drinking aged urine and shooting himself in the testicles by June 31 of this year.

Suggestions?

Stay the course

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Suggestions?

Laff at elon musk?

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Suggestions?
more :horsedrugs:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Teach him the kadir buxton method to use on neurolink victims patients that start bugging out

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

thathonkey posted:

i think trump might know what salmon is yall

:wrong:

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Thank you to all my esteemed committee members for weighing in on this. We're going to go ahead and let Elon shoot himself in the balls. Take no action if you see him doing this. We're going to laugh at Elon as usual until that happens.

I want to take this opportunity to say I agree with the committee's decision wholeheartedly. For too long, the government has nursed Elon musk on its teet. But the we shouldn't be in the business of picking winners. Now we can return to the important business of investigating Benghazi.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Now we can return to the important business of investigating Benghazi.

Did anyone ever figure out if that place exists?

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

cant cook creole bream posted:

Did anyone ever figure out if that place exists?

Yeah one of the mods from D&D went there

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Yeah one of the mods from D&D went there

i heard it was a riot

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Anyway I’m still working as an intern of software engineering at Twitter (Elon refers to us as softies internally, much to our dismay and anger )

So I had a strange predicament today at my job, where most of you who have been following me know it as the Twitter HQ. I was working on a back channel encrypted node for what my team leader said was to be utilized by lesser nodes on second side chain server block, and I let her know that I had to make a fart, like she kept going on and on. Like I had to go NOW, to fart in the bathroom, or else! She just stares at me the entire fucken time!!! So I what right there and was like I’m staying here until overtime lady, let’s see what happens lol

Soggy Muffin fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 28, 2023

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
so did you poo poo your self or not

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Tbh I did sit there and a slow one creeped out but it wants tmuch of a statement. Team lead says I’m probably in clear because we don’t really much talent these days, but holy horse poo poo that was funny lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Suggestions?
i think if we introduce him to red-light therapy for testosterone first then we could bring that timeline forward perhaps as much as ten days.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Captain Beans posted:

edit: hearing people bash MS for accessibility is very interesting because one arm of MS, the Xbox division, is really pushing accessibility far beyond anything before. I would never have guessed it so lovely on their other products. Sorry to hear that.

Accessibility doesn't make money so it's always the first thing to go - most corporations will do the bare minimum to not get a lawsuit from one of the various charities that will sue to make things accessible (I know this because a place I worked for got sued over accessibility). To get our internal products accessible I actually got a ton of developers to do a hackday (where we don't have to follow management dictats) and just go through and make things keyboard navigable, screen-reader compatible and all that good stuff.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
The turn signal being on the wheel is even dumber in countries with roundabouts - you’ll often have the wheel turned to one side then need to signal in the opposite direction before manoeuvring to leave the roundabout. This would involve looking for where the button is on the wheel then jabbing at it with a finger or awkwardly moving your hand round the wheel (or even worse the ‘yoke’), while trying to check your exits clear, steering round a big circle, and generally doing all the other stuff involved in a roundabout.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Security assures me they will be able to confine musk to his bed for long enough for the procedure to work, they will use a nylon/teflon mix of braces this time as he was able to gnaw through the leather ones at an alarming pace and we were forced to abort, fortunately he belived us when we said it was jerky and thanked us for the snack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1662667558539886592?cxt=HHwWgICw5brV_ZIuAAAA

I genuinely think that he rediscovers this clip (meant to highlight conservative media group Sinclair broadcasting) every two or three months and thinks it's a new insight into the coordination of LEGACY NEWS.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 28, 2023