Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Lol New Jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thread title right there.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

caspergers posted:

I guess I'm pro-science but I do like to suspend my disbelief for conspiracy theories, especially hyperborea. And not in like an ironic or condescending way. I like to believe it for a little bit because I think it's fuckin rad. Used to be a huge fan Ancient Aliens in my teens, it's obviously bullshit and gets worse and worse as the show goes on, but I loved it.

E: Minor pet peeve of mine is people saying conspiracy instead of conspiracy theory
My dude had you heard of tabletop roleplaying games

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

goddamn I'd hang this above my toilet

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I checked out the stadium and made a comparison to a stadium of the same capacity.

I was trying to be exceptionally fair by getting more of the parking spaces in the picture of the second stadium (there are some more to the east), but drat.

Can you imagine how hot it must be on those parking spaces in the summer? gently caress me.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

hazardousmouse posted:

Don't remove the note, though.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Aw poo poo this isn't the mirror?????? Been putting on makeup wrong for three hours god damnit

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

hazardousmouse posted:

Nice bathroom.
FOR A CLOWN TO poo poo IN.
AT THE CIRCUS.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Antigravitas posted:

I checked out the stadium and made a comparison to a stadium of the same capacity.

I was trying to be exceptionally fair by getting more of the parking spaces in the picture of the second stadium (there are some more to the east), but drat.

Can you imagine how hot it must be on those parking spaces in the summer? gently caress me.

They built a 60k seat stadium recently in my city and deliberately gave it basically no parking. Instead they gave it its own large train station.

There is *some* but it gets converted to bus and cab ranks during events and is mostly to service the public open spaces around the stadium when its not being used as a stadium.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Antigravitas posted:

3cursed5cursed_thread imo.

Is this cursed though? Isn’t MetLife at the Meadowlands? Those roads are like freeways so yeah, walking on them would be pretty dumb but it’s New Jersey so…

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
A stadium that requires a car and can't be walked to is really dumb

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ranter posted:

City planning that requires a car and can't be walked to is really dumb

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Antigravitas posted:

Not quite the same size since like 20000 of Westfalen's capacity is the standing balcony not seated (but the point remains, it has two dedicated transit lines, and a shuttle service from University parking). It also cost $200m vs $1.6b to make it even funnier

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

In america they build 60,000 car parking lots for the 60,000 seat baseball stadium, and force everyone to drive.
In soviet russia, they simply didn't play baseball.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It might help to know that the entire region of NJ depicted there is this industrial wasteland of overlapping freeways right outside of NYC designed to service massive amounts of commuter traffic both from NYC and NJ itself. It's all terribly designed in the sense that it's inhospitable for anything other than auto traffic, even if it technically speaking functions as designed.

So yeah it's cursed. Cursed af.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah cuz it's in jersey :smug:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Azhais posted:

Not quite the same size since like 20000 of Westfalen's capacity is the standing balcony not seated (but the point remains, it has two dedicated transit lines, and a shuttle service from University parking). It also cost $200m vs $1.6b to make it even funnier

The way you phrased that makes it sound like those 20k people get there by teleporting. :v:

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
from a FB group about nut husbandry. They are 100% serious.
:nms: :barf:
https://imgur.com/gallery/kLesMcU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Wasn't aware that nuts are in need of domestication and training, I mostly just lightly roast them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Borscht posted:

from a FB group about nut husbandry. They are 100% serious.
:nms: :barf:
https://imgur.com/gallery/kLesMcU

Title checks out :stonklol:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
nut even once...

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ranter posted:

A stadium that requires a car and can't be walked to is really dumb

P sure the meadowlands does have parking. The implication is that this is one of the hotels across the divided freeway across I-95 and maybe people get drunk and try to walk? Not 100% on that though. Only ever been there once.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

In America, they build 60,000 car parking lots for the 60,000-seat baseball stadium and force everyone to drive.
In Soviet Russia, they simply didn't play baseball.

In America, we kick entire minority communities out of their homes to build stadiums with the promise we will build them new homes. Then tell the displaced minorities to get hosed and leave them homeless. (RE: Dodgers Stadium)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

FlapYoJacks posted:

In America, we kick entire minority communities out of their homes to build stadiums with the promise we will build them new homes. Then tell the displaced minorities to get hosed and leave them homeless. (RE: Dodgers Stadium)

Dodgers stadium has nothing on Jerryland in Texas.

Want to get mad? Read this:

https://www.durangotexas.com/eyesontexas/arlington/dallascowboystadium/dallascowboystadiumarlington.htm

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

That's a mighty fine rage-inducing page indeed!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

as the poet said "development wants, development gets":anarchists:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FlapYoJacks posted:

That's a mighty fine rage-inducing page indeed!

Yeah, brown text on brown background is one hell of a colour theme choice.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

phobo posted:

Everyone sucks at driving except me

nah i suck at driving too

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

FlapYoJacks posted:

And then turn them into parking lots

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civic_Arena_(Pittsburgh)

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Frank Frank posted:

P sure the meadowlands does have parking.

Yes, that's the curse. That a stadium is built for cars not pedestrians and public transport like good countries do it.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

mind the walrus posted:

It might help to know that the entire region of NJ depicted there is this industrial wasteland of overlapping freeways right outside of NYC designed to service massive amounts of commuter traffic both from NYC and NJ itself. It's all terribly designed in the sense that it's inhospitable for anything other than auto traffic, even if it technically speaking functions as designed.

So yeah it's cursed. Cursed af.

The real curse is that it’s the only part of Jersey that anyone in any part of the entertainment industry ever sees on their ride to Mid-Town from any airport. So they write about what they know.

And I’m thrilled to keep it that way, so that New Jersey remains a national joke and no one learns how cool it is to live in the southern half of the state.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 29, 2023

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/xoaVVRx.gifv

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

What's the curse here? The lack of a nose? The tiny white hammerhead in his brain?

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

The real curse is that it’s the only part of Jersey that anyone in any part of the entertainment industry ever sees on their ride to Mid-Town from any airport. So they write about what they know.

And I’m thrilled to keep it that way, so that New Jersey remains a national joke and no one learns who cool it is to live in the southern half of the state.

Extend that to stuff not adjacent to the turnpike and I'm with you - there's a lot of great stuff north of the Driscoll bridge.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

that's actually cool as hell, but I love MRI imagery that shows motion

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

The eye STALK

WOW

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Woah the nose is there is just out of focus

Is it an artifact or is that the vitreous humor flowing around in there

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

What's the curse here? The lack of a nose?
i need to know where your eyes are in relation to your nose

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I figured it would be more noticeable, at least the cartilage in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Woah the nose is there is just out of focus

Is it an artifact or is that the vitreous humor flowing around in there

MRIs look at slices, and for this person the nose slice is different from the eye slice. I'm sure if you went half an inch down or up you'd see nose, because it does show up in an MRI.

As for your second comment - the vitreous humor is definitely flowing around in there, but you're probably seeing ocular muscles twitch into the plane of focus for just a second as the eye moves around.