Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Meatball ron would not like the NFL because it is too woke but is a big time Gators fan.

MTG would be a Pats fan 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Boebert is 100% guaranteed a Broncos fan

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Who will ask Ron what his favourite Bible verse is? WE NEED TO KNOW

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

BigglesSWE posted:

Two Corinthians.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

BigglesSWE posted:

:stare: Jesus christ dude...that is incredibly personal, you can't just ask someone that :stare:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Catastrophe posted:

Two Corinthians.

”It’s *a* Bible verse”.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

What was their excuse for impeaching him anyways? I know why they did it, but I doubt they actually said "we're impeaching you for calling out our drunk friend", right?

You know how if you're an unfunny rube it's a bad idea to heckle a professional comedian? You know how if you're clearly weeded up in public it's a bad idea to call the cops on some drunk shitbirds?

Ken Paxton had all the chances ever given to anyone to shut the gently caress up and keep his head down, but no, he had to commit the unforced error of calling out some petty moralism despite having way worse to his name and everyone else figured out that if they didn't also get their political knives out for Kenny Crimes they'd lose an easy "everyone did it so no one did it" situation :lmao:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MadcapLaughs posted:

Went to my nephews graduation party tonight. My sister's husband was very vocal about banning bud light from his house. He's drank that poo poo ever since I've known him. Good lord what a baby. Lol. I just wish I knew ahead of time cause I would've brought a sixer and chugged them in front of him.

Man, you would have shown him so hard. :jerkbag:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So the republicans got what they wanted for the most part and the democrats got a cap that expires….by the time the next limit is reached.

Okay yeah Trump is probably going to win

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

MrQwerty posted:

Boebert is 100% guaranteed a Broncos fan

No WAY! She's a WINNER!

wait.. no, hold on - I'm hearing..

You may be right.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

BigglesSWE posted:

Mine is Austin 3:16

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Smeef posted:

Mine is Austin 3:16

I learned about Austin 3:16 before John 3:16 as a child and perhaps that was a bit of a sign of things to come. Namely always being ready to throw the gently caress down the moment I hear glass shattering.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here is a stupid/silly/petty question.

What football team does Ron DeSantis barrack for?

It's likely the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

From the schadenfreude thread:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They've been making DeepFake videos of celebrities like Elon Musk endorsing the Trump Bucks and fake Fox News segments where Trump calls in to encourage everyone to buy into the scheme and tech illiterate grandmas and grandpas all over the country have apparently been falling for it
https://twitter.com/Stryker17Q/status/1611366061147918336
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7191201486888635654

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

“Truhb”

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Blowjob mouth.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok well odd timing because the thread has been decent the last couple days but I'll need to slip this in:

:siren: PLEASE READ :siren:

So here's the situation.

This thread was originally created, as I understand it, to laugh about the absurdity of President Donald Trump, a real sentence that exists in whatever hell dimension we transported to when they turned the LHC on. For the last few years, it's served its purpose, more or less, and become a general GBS politics chat thread. That's fine, we want something that's not as rigorous as D&D and isn't as anarchic as CSPAM.

However, lately this thread has kind of morphed into something I'm not sure most people are comfortable with. There's been an increase in talk about how we have to resort to violence, SCOTUS-clancychat, doomerism and the like. It's taken what should be a fun thread and turned it into some bizarre amalgamation of the worst parts of every politics thread on this forum. I've been a bit distressed to see what it's become and I've racked my brain on what to do about it.

Therefore, we're gonna have some rules here, subject to revision:

Violence: any discussion of violence insofar as we must take action and use violence to achieve our ends is forbidden. Discussion of violence as it has happened in the news is fine, as long as it doesn't turn into "let's turn the tables on them and use the same tactics" or something similar. Anything that remotely seems like advocating for violence against any political figures is a straight ban, no question and no discussion. Don't test us beyond the first ban for it.

"In Minecraft" or whatever iteration: any variation of this added to the above will be taken as advocation of violence. You're not being cute or sly and we're not stupid.

Doomerism: this is a hard one. There shouldn't be a straight ban on doomerism, as the nation and the world as it's currently composed kind of sucks right now, especially if you're a minority. However, the thread seems to tend to latch on to a vicious spiral of doomerism where it feeds off each other and we forget the true meaning of this: lols about the current state of political affairs. Try to turn it down a notch, please.

SCOTUS/Clancychat: I've noticed a lot of posts going "oh it doesn't matter because in a 6-3 decision" or "why bother? Elections are over after 2024." Elections were supposed to be over after 2020 and 2016 and yet we keep chugging along like a shambling corpse. The fact is we have no idea what's going to happen in 2 years time. A day is a lifetime in politics, a week an eternity. poo poo gets real weird as you march towards elections. No one knows what's gonna happen, so let's cut that out please.

In terms of SCOTUS, the lines are weird as poo poo in like 90% of cases that aren't unanimous or 6-3. We don't know what's going to happen with their rulings, and if you do PM me please because I want to put money down in Vegas. Jokes and speculation are fine, you rules lawyers. But acting like you know exactly what'll happen in two years time is not

At the end of the day, this is supposed to be a lols thread. It's supposed to be a form of escapism but it's becoming way too serious. I'm not saying this has to be all lols all the time, but we need to start pulling back from the brink.

Now go forth and rules lawyer the hell out of this. My body is ready.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Added all of that info to the OP as well

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
imo specific doomer predictions should be an automatic :toxx:, mainly for the lols.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LMAO at “Kenny Crimes,” I don’t know if that was original or if it came from somewhere else but I love it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Might I suggest that the thread title revert automatically to “post itt every time you lol that trump was president” a few days after whatever current event has displaced it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Seth Pecksniff posted:

My body is ready.
in minecraft

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
But without doomerism, how am I suppose to demonstrate my massive intellect and vast political experience to the dumb, sweet summer children libs?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

crusty posted:

imo specific doomer predictions should be an automatic :toxx:, mainly for the lols.

Nah. People should be free to say poo poo like, “well NOW Trump’s gonna win in 2024,” after Biden does something stupid like make a deal with Republicans to cut SNAP benefits.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
It's kind of funny, because this is basically the same thing at its core that helped create the alt-right. How many ironic racists ended up real racists because they just kept trying to LOL without really grasping the true nature of the LOLs?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok well odd timing because the thread has been decent the last couple days but I'll need to slip this in:

:siren: PLEASE READ :siren:

So here's the situation.

This thread was originally created, as I understand it, to laugh about the absurdity of President Donald Trump, a real sentence that exists in whatever hell dimension we transported to when they turned the LHC on. For the last few years, it's served its purpose, more or less, and become a general GBS politics chat thread. That's fine, we want something that's not as rigorous as D&D and isn't as anarchic as CSPAM.

However, lately this thread has kind of morphed into something I'm not sure most people are comfortable with. There's been an increase in talk about how we have to resort to violence, SCOTUS-clancychat, doomerism and the like. It's taken what should be a fun thread and turned it into some bizarre amalgamation of the worst parts of every politics thread on this forum. I've been a bit distressed to see what it's become and I've racked my brain on what to do about it.

Therefore, we're gonna have some rules here, subject to revision:

Violence: any discussion of violence insofar as we must take action and use violence to achieve our ends is forbidden. Discussion of violence as it has happened in the news is fine, as long as it doesn't turn into "let's turn the tables on them and use the same tactics" or something similar. Anything that remotely seems like advocating for violence against any political figures is a straight ban, no question and no discussion. Don't test us beyond the first ban for it.

"In Minecraft" or whatever iteration: any variation of this added to the above will be taken as advocation of violence. You're not being cute or sly and we're not stupid.

Doomerism: this is a hard one. There shouldn't be a straight ban on doomerism, as the nation and the world as it's currently composed kind of sucks right now, especially if you're a minority. However, the thread seems to tend to latch on to a vicious spiral of doomerism where it feeds off each other and we forget the true meaning of this: lols about the current state of political affairs. Try to turn it down a notch, please.

SCOTUS/Clancychat: I've noticed a lot of posts going "oh it doesn't matter because in a 6-3 decision" or "why bother? Elections are over after 2024." Elections were supposed to be over after 2020 and 2016 and yet we keep chugging along like a shambling corpse. The fact is we have no idea what's going to happen in 2 years time. A day is a lifetime in politics, a week an eternity. poo poo gets real weird as you march towards elections. No one knows what's gonna happen, so let's cut that out please.

In terms of SCOTUS, the lines are weird as poo poo in like 90% of cases that aren't unanimous or 6-3. We don't know what's going to happen with their rulings, and if you do PM me please because I want to put money down in Vegas. Jokes and speculation are fine, you rules lawyers. But acting like you know exactly what'll happen in two years time is not

At the end of the day, this is supposed to be a lols thread. It's supposed to be a form of escapism but it's becoming way too serious. I'm not saying this has to be all lols all the time, but we need to start pulling back from the brink.

Now go forth and rules lawyer the hell out of this. My body is ready.

Can I still post my toilet quality memes of Ashli Babbitt and other chuds?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

loving Moron posted:

Can I still post my toilet quality memes of Ashli Babbitt and other chuds?

Hell yeah post away!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Post itt every time you lol that people used to think DeSantis was smart

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I’m picturing an “Amy Klobuchar eating salad with a comb” and “Ron DeSantis eating pudding with his fingers,” ouroboros in my mind.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Imagine Ron DeSantis’s face when he cums.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Data Graham posted:

Might I suggest that the thread title revert automatically to “post itt every time you lol that trump was president” a few days after whatever current event has displaced it

I think this is also a good idea.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.
Is it ok to point out how much Ken Paxton looks like Budd Dwyer?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

He's gay and he's doing all the no-no voting things the DEMOCRATS do! Get him!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Y’know you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel when you’re resorting to trying to get the Amish to vote. :jerkbag:

Might as well set up a Jehovah’s Witness voter registration drive.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Imagine Ron DeSantis’s face when he cums.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

gently caress, if Pressler thinks they can't win, they are going to devastate the Dems in a landslide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Half of that makes absolutely zero sense. Why would you invest in states like Kentucky, Indiana, Mississippi, Louisiana and Ohio where you are no doubt going to win? The rest of it makes little sense outside of stuff everyone always tries to do anyway. This person can't have any insight on how any campaign, let alone a Presidential campaign is ran.

Although the Republicans keep talking about ballot harvesting, it is super illegal already and make unsubstantiated claims that Democrats are always doing it. Projection as always.