Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

socialsecurity posted:

Recall the blocks they throw at you to climb up to them.

On Terra Firma posted:

Rewind one of the blocks they throw down at you.
Goddamnit that's so obvious now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Sepah posted:

Shoot the bottom of the frisbee with a bomb arrow, then ascend when it falls down.
I'll try this next time, don't think I saw any blocks falling when I hit it with a bomb but those fights are a bit hectic so I might have just missed it.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Mega64 posted:

A hint if you want it: Check the taverns.

There are taverns?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Goddamnit that's so obvious now lol

Rocket shields also work.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

What are people's strategy for Flux Constructs when they are in frisbee mode and flying really high up?

I figure depending on the environment you can get above them but there's been a few times now where I had no way of hitting the weak block because it's on top of the rest of them and I've had to just shoot bomb arrows and hope the AOE hits it. Am I missing something obvious?

Run away and reset the fight because you accidentally soft locked the ai

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

There are taverns?

Where else is Link supposed to relax and knock back a few ales after a long day saving the world?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mea Tulpa posted:

They offer more armor pieces to you, at increasing prices. The statues are easy to find once you recognize the pattern. They're underneath the goddess statues, if you know where those are.

Is this right? Because I’m looking for the one that should be under the statue in goron town, and I’m not seeing it anywhere

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Like I guess I'm not supposed to be at the water temple yet because nothing works and it won't let me do anything despite trying poo poo for hours. But I haven't talked to any zora people yet and a cursory Google search says I'm supposed to do some other quest first. I just happened upon the place exploring the sky and I haven't even seen the ground in this zone before..

I'm going to assume that's it and not that I have severe brain damage or something.

I did this too. Same thing as on Eventide Island, where I found the cave before clearing out the monster camps, and spent like 20 minutes trying everything to get into the temple room.

This kind of bad signposting/gating really sticks out in this game, since everything else is so well-designed to work no matter what angle you come at it from. Not surprised that a couple of areas fell through the cracks, but man is it frustrating when you finally figure out that the game won't let you do anything because you're not even supposed to be there yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god this quest for the Gerudo divine beast helm. So many rocks. Even with both Goron and Gerudo powers to help break rocks it's so tedious. And there's a Bubbulfrog somewhere in here too...

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

This game is so good but drat it does not respect your time. Definitely one of those games you need an entire weekend to get the most out of. I just don't have the energy to binge on videogames as I used to.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

RatHat posted:

Oh my god this quest for the Gerudo divine beast helm. So many rocks. Even with both Goron and Gerudo powers to help break rocks it's so tedious. And there's a Bubbulfrog somewhere in here too...

You can just take a cannon out and aim it with ultrahand while it goes off, for massive rock groups like that.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

RatHat posted:

So many rocks. Even with both Goron and Gerudo powers to help break rocks it's so tedious. And there's a Bubbulfrog somewhere in here too...
yeah, that part of the game does not work very well. at least they throw a lot of bomb flowers at you

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Snake Maze posted:

You can just take a cannon out and aim it with ultrahand while it goes off, for massive rock groups like that.

Good idea, thanks

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

wafflemoose posted:

This game is so good but drat it does not respect your time. Definitely one of those games you need an entire weekend to get the most out of. I just don't have the energy to binge on videogames as I used to.

Considering how quickly you could beeline the main quest if you really wanted I think it does respect your time, there is a fuckton of side stuff but its all completely optional.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Snake Maze posted:

Stick it on a zonai sword and throw cannonballs with it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Runcible Cat posted:

Stick it on a zonai sword and throw cannonballs with it.

Harder to aim and doesn't last as long

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
Yeah, the benefit of the free-floating cannon is that it lasts forever, or at least long enough that I've never seen it disappear.

Although getting capsules from the machines is cheap enough it's basically free, so I guess it's not actually a big deal to stick it on a sword either.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's better to put it on a spear, then you can aim it with R.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is this right? Because I’m looking for the one that should be under the statue in goron town, and I’m not seeing it anywhere

that's a regular statue. the ones you need to care about are the ones that give you quests, not the trade for heart containers ones

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I finally got to the wind temple after being sidetracked several times and couldn't figure out how to even get started aside from finding a few chests. I think I'm burning out already.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

that's a regular statue. the ones you need to care about are the ones that give you quests, not the trade for heart containers ones

Ohhh, ok!

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are there any uses for diamonds, other than fusing them to weapons? I found my first one and want to slap it on something but then I want to sell any others I find. Would hate to sell one and then find out it’s super important.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

There's quests that use diamonds to make legendary weapons later. I would recommend stashing therm.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Are there any uses for diamonds, other than fusing them to weapons? I found my first one and want to slap it on something but then I want to sell any others I find. Would hate to sell one and then find out it’s super important.

I'm sure there's some upgrade that uses them besides the Diamond Circlet, but you also need them to make the Champion weapons(which are pretty good but maybe not worth that). That said unless you want to max out every single armor you get way more gems than you need so feel free to sell a few if you're short on cash.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

armor upgrades

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

it's weird seeing all these crazy videos of contraptions people have made. i'm 70 hours in and haven't even really messed around with that part of the game yet. i'm just goin around exploring poo poo

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Are the champion things at all worth using multiple diamonds on in the first place? Seems like besides cash you’d only want them for the few pieces like diamond circlet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr E posted:

Are the champion things at all worth using multiple diamonds on in the first place? Seems like besides cash you’d only want them for the few pieces like diamond circlet.

Probably not but I got them anyway to complete the quest and display them in my house

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

The champion Zora spear is pretty drat good. It's quite durable, fast and has the double damage when wet trait.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

RatHat posted:

Probably not but I got them anyway to complete the quest and display them in my house

Yeah I’ll probably do that eventually once I get the rest of the house pieces.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Mr E posted:

I went ahead and got them all for the sake of completion.

The Great Eagle Bow is a slightly weaker Savage Lynel Bow made of wood (28x3 vs 32x3), doesn't seem to have any advantages if you're capable of taking down White-Maned Lynels for the latter. The Boulder Breaker doesn't really seem to have anything special going for it, I guess it might be real good at mining and breaking rocks but why would you use a champion weapon for that? The Lightscale Trident is decent because it doubles damage when wet so you can get very high damage out of it by using Sidon's sage power mid-combat. The Scimitar of the Seven is probably the strongest off the bat because it has the Gerudo weapon trait of 'doubles damage of fused item' so it gets very strong with a decent monster horn, but it comes with a set with the Daybreaker shield which you need a Gerudo shield to make, and doesn't seem to be anything special shield-wise.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I finally got to the wind temple after being sidetracked several times and couldn't figure out how to even get started aside from finding a few chests. I think I'm burning out already.

Make sure you're following the questline in the village. It's possible to enter the dungeon early without actually being able to do anything there yet, frustratingly enough.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Inadequately posted:

I went ahead and got them all for the sake of completion.

The Great Eagle Bow is a slightly weaker Savage Lynel Bow made of wood (28x3 vs 32x3), doesn't seem to have any advantages if you're capable of taking down White-Maned Lynels for the latter. The Boulder Breaker doesn't really seem to have anything special going for it, I guess it might be real good at mining and breaking rocks but why would you use a champion weapon for that? The Lightscale Trident is decent because it doubles damage when wet so you can get very high damage out of it by using Sidon's sage power mid-combat. The Scimitar of the Seven is probably the strongest off the bat because it has the Gerudo weapon trait of 'doubles damage of fused item' so it gets very strong with a decent monster horn, but it comes with a set with the Daybreaker shield which you need a Gerudo shield to make, and doesn't seem to be anything special shield-wise.

boulder breaker is the highest base damage on a weapon that I've seen, but you could just buy fierce deity swords with poes for the same numbers

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Apparently the leadup to Spirit Temple is like 2 times larger than I thought and I just bumbled into the sky island needed to activate it earlier, huh.
Definitely the best part of the game.
Are there any easily missable things that are worth doing? Found one pretty cute quest at the temple of time (the one in the sky) and wonder if more cool quests are hidden somewhere

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

For those who have completed the story, is it like BotW where if you continue playing it just boots you back to a save point before the final boss fight? Or does it actually allow you to continue after the final fight?

No spoilers please!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Frankston posted:

For those who have completed the story, is it like BotW where if you continue playing it just boots you back to a save point before the final boss fight? Or does it actually allow you to continue after the final fight?

No spoilers please!

the former

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

the former

Thanks. That sucks.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
The monsters on the Great Plateau are fixed at tier 3, right?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Wildtortilla posted:

There are taverns?

They meant the stables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Snake Maze posted:

Make sure you're following the questline in the village. It's possible to enter the dungeon early without actually being able to do anything there yet, frustratingly enough.

I'm sure when I fire it up again I'll figure it out right away.

Prior to this I found a map and ended up in the Depths searching for a treasure that turned out just to be a hat that boosts sideways climbing, but I had to conquer a Lizalfos gauntlet to get it. It took me forever just find it because I hadn't explored that area much yet. Had to unlock some towers to find the right chasm. I was hoping for something a little cooler. Sideways climbing. Huh.