Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Vaginaface posted:

Does Luka get any good guy points in the end? I occasionally wonder if he's been doing more behind the scenes to keep Putin at bay/maintain national identity than we give him credit for. would Putin have invaded Belarus as well if Luka had ceded to Tikhanovskaya? Is this completely delusional?

Lukashenka has been a Moscow-leaning dictator for 30 years and was very close to becoming the Russian leader himself but then the USSR collapsed; Belarus was his consolation prize. He probably works for Putin for the sole possibility that he might somehow get the keys to the kingdom or become the man behind the new leader if something happens to Putin.

So no, gently caress that Putin-enabling rear end in a top hat and and when he dies, bury him in a trash bag to a landfill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I know somebody who sent looted stuff home. It wasn’t for microchips, it was because Altay Kray is poor as poo poo and fancy gadgets like washing machines, laptops, and phones would help out his mom and siblings

It’s not like russian military wages or getting blasted by Ukrainians pays out, so you take what you get I guess
E: this is not an endorsement of stealing things during a genocidal invasion

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 28, 2023

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I know somebody who sent looted stuff home. It wasn’t for microchips, it was because Altay Kray is poor as poo poo and fancy gadgets like washing machines, laptops, and phones would help out his mom and siblings

It’s not like russian military wages or getting blasted by Ukrainians pays out, so you take what you get I guess
E: this is not an endorsement of stealing things during a genocidal invasion

Yeah. The reason for looting washing machines (and toilets) is obvious. It's because the kontraktniki and mobiks are poor as gently caress, and not to support the russian MIC.

I do remember last year reading about consumer electronics, such as washing machines, being expensive and difficult to get in Kazakhstan due to them being bought by Russia to evade sanctions and to get those sweet, sweet microchips.

Sorry I didn't really want to make a big deal out of it but the whole concept of Private Conscriptovich looting washing machines so that they can be turned into cruise missiles just seems absolutely bonkers to me.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I don't think anybody was making that claim seriously. It's not like you need 50 Electronics to make a cruise missile and if you disassemble a washing machine you get 5 Electronics, so you loot 10 washing machines to get enough Electronics to make a cruise missile. That is video game logic.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

spankmeister posted:

Yeah. The reason for looting washing machines (and toilets) is obvious. It's because the kontraktniki and mobiks are poor as gently caress, and not to support the russian MIC.

I do remember last year reading about consumer electronics, such as washing machines, being expensive and difficult to get in Kazakhstan due to them being bought by Russia to evade sanctions and to get those sweet, sweet microchips.

Sorry I didn't really want to make a big deal out of it but the whole concept of Private Conscriptovich looting washing machines so that they can be turned into cruise missiles just seems absolutely bonkers to me.

Lol the PCB for a washing machine cannot be used on a cruise missile. The reason Russians are buying washing machines in Kazakhstan is that they are cheaper and more available there than in Russia.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lima posted:

Both countries sell citizenship, but you can stay on Cyprus for 180 days per year if you own property (and you can probably send your passport on vacation in Russia to stay all year).

The EU sanctions should have made all this more difficult for Russians and I think I read somewhere that Cyprus will partly become a member of the Schengen zone very soon, which should make it even harder.

Cyprus is already planning to phase out their "citizenship for sale" program and the EU is on its rear end to do it sooner.

https://www.politico.eu/article/golden-passports-malta-cyprus-eu-launches-legal-action/

The whole sheme was extremely sketchy from the very beginning and everyone was aware of what they were doing. But the Cyprus government votes, so everyone just let them run their lovely grift as long as they don't go too far. Now that it has bit us in the rear end, it has gone too far.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Lol the PCB for a washing machine cannot be used on a cruise missile. The reason Russians are buying washing machines in Kazakhstan is that they are cheaper and more available there than in Russia.

Americans spent billions of dollars developing rad-hardened microchips. Russians used a washing machine.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Inform the Kremlin that we are activating the hand wash cycle. May God have mercy on our souls

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Somewhere in the Kinzhal source code there is now a line

mc.SetVariable("wool_cycle_spin_rpm", 1000) // this set the turbofan of the engine, don't ask

:allears:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

GABA ghoul posted:

Somewhere in the Kinzhal source code there is now a line

mc.SetVariable("wool_cycle_spin_rpm", 1000) // this set the turbofan of the engine, don't ask

:allears:
If you set it to 1500, Kinzhal goes hypersonic.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Kinzahls aren't scary, except when they go UWAGHACHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUG

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah the pit goes wild when that song comes on

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

Yeah the pit goes wild when that song comes on

https://youtube.com/shorts/axs3j8OXjZc?feature=share

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Zone please remind me. Do you live in Russia? I thought you did .
Have you seen these Prigohzin presidential campaign posters? "a Strong Leader for Russia"

Lol.

Prigohzin should probably stay away from bathrooms and ktichens, most dangerous places in the home. Sharp objects, slipper surfaces, gas appliances.... Really dangerous places.

I live in India.

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1662685005636685824
Also, the tally of the drones launched at Ukraine was released. 52 of 54 shot down. Some damage in Kyiv and Zhytomyr from the targets that made it through and from debris. Missiles and artillery were fired at Dnipropetrovsk and Nikopol.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

zone posted:

Missiles and artillery were fired at Dnipropetrovsk and Nikopol.

It's Dnipro, the city was renamed in 2016 because the old name was from Stalin times.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao you could be using those drones/missiles at legit military targets on the various fronts that would actually help or elevate pressure on your troops without decent cover but nah those hospitals/appts/schools are more important. The absolute dumbest military on the planet. It's loving embarrassing it even exists.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
New Perun on Storm Shadow and ilk

https://youtu.be/wVNjqX5HQGQ

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

The Guardian posted:

Russia hasn't started to act 'seriously' yet in Ukraine, Russian ambassador says
When Kuenssberg mentions war crimes, including a maternity hospital being attacked in Mariupol and asks why Kelin won’t be honest about what has happened, he replies that the war has been going on since 2014 in the Donbas with crimes being committed on the Ukrainian army side.

He adds: “We want peace. We want no threat from Ukraine to Russia, this is one thing, and second that Russians in Ukraine will be treated like all other nations in the world. Like a French person in Ukraine.

“It is a big idealistic mistake to think that Ukraine will prevail. Russia is 16 times bigger than Ukraine. We have enormous resources and we haven’t just started yet to act very seriously.

“We are just defending the lands which are under control and assisting Russian people over there. We are rebuilding the Donbas.

“It depends on the escalation of war that is taking place. Sooner or later this escalation might have a new dimension that we do not need and we do not want. We can make peace tomorrow, if Ukrainian side will be prepared to negotiate but there is no preconditions for that.

“The German defence minister said if we stop supplying weapons to Ukraine, it will stop the day after tomorrow,” he said and laughs, saying he is right.

“If supplies of weapons will be stopped, it will be stopped the day after tomorrow. Please, stop it.”

"Please, stop it. I'm only using 0.0001% of my power"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Disco Pope posted:

"Please, stop it. I'm only using 0.0001% of my power"

Please stop it, or we will lose :qqsay:
get hosed, you're going to lose and be left with nothing.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
16 times bigger? So they think the landmass in Siberia is going to help them defend the trenches?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Explosive reconstruction of the donbas huh?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1662777056180969472

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What kind of rinkydink rear end mines get disabled by anything less than a warcrime.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
*cigarette accident*

"oh gently caress"

*artillery*

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

This isn't even Russia's final form, fool.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Turns out Putin was just charging up a spirit bomb all these episodes with the souls of his human sacrifices. I thought the NATO necromancers had stolen them all already but desperate times and all that I guess.

I sort of miss when Russia was blaming its losses on wizards and demons rather than just incompetence.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

beer_war posted:

This isn't even Russia's final form, fool.

Ooooh, I want an infographic of all of Russia's final forms, with size comparison to Star Wars space ships. TIA.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

This Netflix reboot of Hogan's Heroes isn't looking good tbh

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

looks like someone forgot that Vkusno & Tochka is the place to rock. People flock there to get down to the rock music.

Fixed

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Those are cosplayers, right?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

forest spirit posted:

Those are cosplayers, right?

Yes. They're still going to the frontlines though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

anonumos posted:

Ooooh, I want an infographic of all of Russia's final forms, with size comparison to Star Wars space ships. TIA.

An Imperial-class Star destroyer is a mere 1.6km long, whereas mighty Russia is 9000km long.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The extreme differences in proportions between the guys are loving me up real bad

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

The extreme differences in proportions between the guys are loving me up real bad

Powerful Radical Larry energy.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
Look at the size of the left one's head.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can vibrate through walls,

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

The short one isn't a ''guy''... still going to the front, after all.. Putin is a magnanimous leader.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

CommissarMega posted:

This Netflix reboot of Hogan's Heroes isn't looking good tbh

Looks more like Dad's Army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

steinrokkan posted:

It's hurting my vision that the dude at the front of the tank is apparently behind the dude next to him

e: Peter Jackson's Khobbit, ili Tuda (nye Obratno)

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 28, 2023