Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Zero VGS posted:

Street taco kit is so much better, perfect amount of everything and the meat isn't slimy when you reheat it

street taco kit is UNSURPASSED VALUE for feeding lots of hooligan kids for pool parties, its cheap as gently caress and kids love building tacos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Welzein
Apr 15, 2022

Captain Beans posted:

street taco kit is UNSURPASSED VALUE for feeding lots of hooligan kids for pool parties, its cheap as gently caress and kids love building tacos

:dukedog: so true

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
I went last night at like 8pm and it was very low traffic, highly recommend.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I have to go to Costco tomorrow morning and hope they have the lemon merange cheesecake available. Plus a few other odds and ends. I am hopeful that I don’t lose my sanity attempting this while having two small children in tow. I think bribes of croissants and maybe new clothing might be in order.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Saw a bunch of nice Eddie Bauer and banana republic stuff today. Enjoying my new summer lounge outfit rn

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Got strawberries a month ago from Costco that were amazing. I smelled them across the walk-in and immediately ate most of them when I got home. This week the same brand was in with the same cartoon-pulling-me-by-the-nose fragrance so I bought more. Only to find out that they were unripe garbage berries like you'd get from the grocery store.

I'm not returning them however because I've found a perfect pill delivery vehicle for my dog

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

Got strawberries a month ago from Costco that were amazing. I smelled them across the walk-in and immediately ate most of them when I got home. This week the same brand was in with the same cartoon-pulling-me-by-the-nose fragrance so I bought more. Only to find out that they were unripe garbage berries like you'd get from the grocery store.

I'm not returning them however because I've found a perfect pill delivery vehicle for my dog

This goes for most fruit no matter where you buy it from actually

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just housed 6 street tacos

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Wife wanted to go to Costco and then said actually never mind. So no Costco this weekend. Thanks for reading.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Costco on a holiday weekend is always a mess, so good call on skipping it

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Thought I’d ask here, but did Costco stop doing Kirkland Brand whipped cream or is it just a local shortage in my area? I haven’t seen ANY on the shelves at the two local Costcos I’ve been going to over the last two months.

Finally caved in today and bought the Land ‘O Lakes version, the only other one they carried, and I don’t care for it, it’s not sweet at all and I’ll prolly be returning it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

baby poo poo all over my new costco lounge outfit

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe you're an unripe garbage berry

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I am for sure

my balls are too

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Tiny Timbs posted:

baby poo poo all over my new costco lounge outfit

Time to return it, "This outfit looked like a toilet to my bastard kid"

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

binge crotching posted:

Costco on a holiday weekend is always a mess, so good call on skipping it

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Thought I’d ask here, but did Costco stop doing Kirkland Brand whipped cream or is it just a local shortage in my area? I haven’t seen ANY on the shelves at the two local Costcos I’ve been going to over the last two months.

Finally caved in today and bought the Land ‘O Lakes version, the only other one they carried, and I don’t care for it, it’s not sweet at all and I’ll prolly be returning it.

Since you said Land O Lakes I assume you’re referring to soft/whipped butter? Because real whipped cream is brain dead easy to make and you can make it however sweet you want.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/land-olakes-whipped-heavy-cream%2c-14-fl-oz%2c-3-ct.product.100284038.html

It’s whipped cream. My Costco was out of both. It was rough op

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I will say it's certainly better than the kool whip my parents insist on using.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
In my saddest Weight Watchers days I would mix the low call Jello pudding cups with a ton a diet Cool Whip for a mousse that didn't have a point cost (lol)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Time to return it, "This outfit looked like a toilet to my bastard kid"

If I’m going to be a human toilet I ought to be getting paid

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just pounded the last 3 gyros out of the gyro kit. You snooze you lose, wifey

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Smugworth posted:

Just pounded the last 3 gyros out of the gyro kit. You snooze you lose, wifey

How's your gas? That meat gave me terrible meat farts. (Going to the nearby Greek place does not result in meat farts.)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SirPablo posted:

How's your gas? That meat gave me terrible meat farts. (Going to the nearby Greek place does not result in meat farts.)

eat more kimchi

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I swear this Frontier lump charcoal burns crazy fast, nearly through one of those whole big bags on your 8 of my brisket cook

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Kaddish posted:

Since you said Land O Lakes I assume you’re referring to soft/whipped butter? Because real whipped cream is brain dead easy to make and you can make it however sweet you want.

I mean, heavy cream goes bad in a matter of weeks whereas canned whipped lasts for months (the Land 'O Lakes ones I just got don't expire til November). And sometimes you just want a dollop of the stuff for some ice cream or hot chocolate or whatever and busting out the hand blender with a whisk attachment or stand mixer to whip up your own isn't really practical.

I was just wondering if there was just a shortage of the stuff or if it was outright discontinued. The pandemic has caused random shortages on arbitrary things over the last three years.

best bale posted:

My Costco was out of both. It was rough op

:smith::hf::smith:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I mean, heavy cream goes bad in a matter of weeks whereas canned whipped lasts for months (the Land 'O Lakes ones I just got don't expire til November). And sometimes you just want a dollop of the stuff for some ice cream or hot chocolate or whatever and busting out the hand blender with a whisk attachment or stand mixer to whip up your own isn't really practical.

The real reason is because most of us are exhausted parents who sometimes need to find the tiniest joy in life and I'm not dirtying all those dishes so I can have a quick shot of dopamine straight into my mouth

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Renegret posted:

The real reason is because most of us are exhausted parents who sometimes need to find the tiniest joy in life and I'm not dirtying all those dishes so I can have a quick shot of dopamine straight into my mouth

im gonna give u a shot of dopamine in ur mouth

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I’m just straight up lazy, come at me

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Soul Dentist posted:

In my saddest Weight Watchers days I would mix the low call Jello pudding cups with a ton a diet Cool Whip for a mousse that didn't have a point cost (lol)

I didn't grow up with Cool Whip, and regular Cool Whip has always felt a little weird to me, like the texture is wrong and it's too sweet. For whatever reason I actually like the Sugar Free Cool Whip much better, and find it a much more viable whipped cream substitute.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

My Costco did not have the lemon meringue cheesecake available today (Sunday). Since we were planning on bringing it to a small BBQ, we had to pivot. So instead we got the Tuxedo mousse cake. The consensus on the mousse cake was that it was very good.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Bum the Sad posted:

im gonna give u a shot of dopamine in ur mouth

Is it those grillo's pickles?

Because I bought them for my wife then ate half the bucket before she noticed they were even there

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
Whoops

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The regular Grillos are good but I wish Costco carried the hot variety as well.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Renegret posted:

Is it those grillo's pickles?

Because I bought them for my wife then ate half the bucket before she noticed they were even there

Yes… Good guess.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

wife isnt noticing your pickle
many such cases

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and I never thought it would come to this.

I think my easy option heat and eat food is changing from gussying up the frozen Kirkland pizzas to the frozen orange chicken.

I’ve been tossing the Normandy vegetable mix in some sesame oil and seasonings and putting all that on top of rice. I’ve been thinking about it for weeks.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

For items on sale that say LIMIT: number is it per member overall or per visit? If i bought the max of something and go back a few weeks later (as part of my regularly scheduled shopping) could I buy the max again?

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
They really need to stop putting chicory root inulin in Kirkland products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

The Slack Lagoon posted:

For items on sale that say LIMIT: number is it per member overall or per visit? If i bought the max of something and go back a few weeks later (as part of my regularly scheduled shopping) could I buy the max again?

If you ask them they'll say the discount limit is per day on the membership. It's really per transaction though, but they don't want you to know that. If you get the max of something, you can get right back in line and get the max of the same item again. It's definitely fine if you do it on different days. It's like the return policy, they probably aren't going to hassle you about it unless you're clearly abusing the system.