Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

FishMcCool posted:

This thread is in direct competition with the Google Stadia one in the "Wait, wasn't this over already?" category whenever it reappears on the first page.

Wait, has the Stadia one been reopened? I thought it died along with the platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, it's dead and buried.

But we still have this thread!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ErrEff posted:

Yeah, it's dead and buried.

But we still have this thread!

I like that the Luna doesn't even warrant a thread.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

gschmidl posted:

I like that the Luna doesn't even warrant a thread.

The what?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:hmmyes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Amazon's game streaming service.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

I said come in! posted:

Amazon's game streaming service.

:hmmno:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

cmdrk posted:

Tommy Tallarico can do no wrong

How could you argue with someone who holds 14 Guinness World Records, including the Largest Video Game Music Concert (Over 850,000 people attended!)

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Incredible to hoover up all that money and produce nothing.
At least OUYA managed to actually ship a product.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

Incredible to hoover up all that money and produce nothing.
At least OUYA managed to actually ship a product.

Yep, there was no actual finished hardware, or software that i'm aware of. By all accounts, nothing was ever at any point in time actually done on this project. It fits all of the criteria of a scam.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

bbcisdabomb posted:

How could you argue with someone who holds 14 Guinness World Records, including the Largest Video Game Music Concert (Over 850,000 people attended!)

I was wondering why "that one guy who made some soundtracks in the 90s" was suddenly being lauded as the world's most amazing game composer. Hbomberguy is a treasure.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

I never got my deposit back , but unlike Oobie’s I haven’t received any entertainment in kind

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

For someone who has no investment in the Amico, this thread has been plenty of entertainment. :allears:

Orv
May 4, 2011
The mere existence of the term gaming racists has made this entire journey worth it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tommy Tallarico's George Santos-esque web of lies is it for me, especially having grown up with him on various shows here in Canada.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010
My favorite thing was Tommy giving a tour of the gigantic empty Irvine California office he bought in the middle of the pandemic, then learning there was a second office in Salt Lake City knowing office space in both areas is extremely expensive. It was so funny to me how many people didn't see for the dick wave it was even though there wasn't any steady income or viable product on shelves. Burning huge piles of money in rent twice over sure did show those haters and gaming racists in the end.

I also have a near complete sealed collection of the physical 'games' that were released, I'm only missing the non-misprint version of Biplanes. I put them on one of my bookshelves dedicated to games for failed consoles. It's nice to have something from a console that sold even fewer units than the HyperScan or LaserActive.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PolarPear posted:

I put them on one of my bookshelves dedicated to games for failed consoles. It's nice to have something from a console that sold even fewer units than the HyperScan or LaserActive.

I wanna see a pic of the bookshelf of gaming failures!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Pippin. M2. CD-I. Game.com. . . Wow. This room sucks!

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

I wanna see a pic of the bookshelf of gaming failures!

I've moved since they came out, they're in a box identical to dozens of others. Sorting thousands of games from random consoles/computers has been a low priority, everything I want to play either has a flash cart or ODE so I can load games from an SD card.

FilthyImp posted:

Pippin. M2. CD-I. Game.com. . . Wow. This room sucks!

At least those exist and have games that can be played. I've seen what's inside the Amico game boxes, it's another thing I love about them.

With the user numbers Tommy kept throwing around, there's no way he understands how much infrastructure would have been needed to get games to people. Sure everything could have run out of a single data center in California, but it would be as reliable as post-Elon Twitter.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Look, those collectible coins will be worth thousands of 1944 Reichsmark.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PolarPear posted:

At least those exist and have games that can be played. I've seen what's inside the Amico game boxes, it's another thing I love about them.

Well there's probably more Amico existing in a working state than M2 ever had

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

gschmidl posted:

Look, those collectible coins will be worth thousands of 1944 Reichsmark.

Hey now, the spoiled thing is probably old enough now that it has some value to collectors. And has at least some use as a bookmark or toilet paper.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Randalor posted:

Hey now, the spoiled thing is probably old enough now that it has some value to collectors. And has at least some use as a bookmark or toilet paper.

Now, yes. Then? Not so much.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
And the exodus begins. Astrosmash and Shark! Shark! have been acquired by the developer, who are preparing Switch, console and Steam releases.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://youtu.be/jFWfDRLrOM8 Daniel Ibbertson of Slopes Game Room just posted a review of Shark Shark.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Kins posted:

And the exodus begins. Astrosmash and Shark! Shark! have been acquired by the developer, who are preparing Switch, console and Steam releases.

Tommy could've avoided all of this bullshit if he had just taken all of the time and effort and put it into an Intellivision compilation release, and put it out on multiple platforms. Do what Sega did and release some of them on mobile with some limitations that you can get past by paying a one-time fee.

The mind boggles at this whole thing.

They could've even done thy Atari 50th Anniversary sort of deal. Like personally, I don't give a poo poo about old Atari games, I started with the NES, but that being said, that Atari collection is on my steam wish list and I genuinely want it, because of all of the history and extra stuff, plus yeah, the games are probably fine, if not really primitive. But it still looks like a great package overall.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Or do software complications to gauge interest and then release a mini console if there was enough, its really impressive how he hosed it up lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

AstroSmash was one of my first ever video games. I am sad that this remake looks like trash.

Are there any modern gaming platforms with the original Intellivision games available?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

AstroSmash was one of my first ever video games. I am sad that this remake looks like trash.

Are there any modern gaming platforms with the original Intellivision games available?
Mobygames says the newest Intellivision compilation was released in 2010 for the Nintendo DS, as a port/adaption of a 2003 compilation for PS2/Gamecube/Xbox.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
So what's gonna be the new failed console? ASUS Ally?

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.

I said come in! posted:

In addition to the already mentioned DS and console collections, there was this thing.

I think I still have mine kicking around somewhere. If it still works and shipping isn't too much, you can have it.

Control sorta sucks though and a lot of the sounds are different or missing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nah i'm good, but thank you! It might be worth the effort to just go through getting the rom set for RetroArch.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqcENxKxFik
The bundle had this song though

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Frank weighs in on the legacy of the Intellivision and how much Tommy sucks.

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1662195476702314497?t=8KHVD1YtmuibxVGVWwedhQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1662196986433650692?t=5jHmDtZ0oYfRSJmrOEv3JA&s=19

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1662197405020995588?t=SwwhGqUuHO9DbM1iYJKeLw&s=19

In short, he (Frank) never really cared about the individual Intellivision games untilb"Intellivision Lives!", a massive compilation CD, was released in the late 90s for PC/Mac by a bunch of former Intellivision devs, led by Keith Robinson, who had a true passion for them and the collection. That disc, that compilation, was like an earlier version of what Atari has done recently with their Atari 50th Anniversary pack. There were credits, some behind the scenes info, and all of them games running on the same emulator. This pack would later get ported to Xbox.

Keith died in 2017, and the rights to this pack were bought by Intellivision Entertainment, which is essentially Tommy and crew.

Since they hosed everything up so badly, the rights to Shark! Shark! And Astrosmash are now owned by some German company and going forward cannot be included in any Intellivision compilation.

Those games are kind of not much outside of a comp. And an Intellivision comp is lesser for not having them.

Everyone loses! Good loving job, Tommy. Hope your mom is proud.

Oof indeed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

shark shark is legit a top-tier intellivision game so losing the rights to have it in any future intellivision compilation is actually lovely as hell for gaming history.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Tommy's a world-class narcissist so he probably couldn't care less about that. What he WOULD care about is that people don't think as highly of him anymore.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Bally Astrocade reboot when?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

shark shark is legit a top-tier intellivision game so losing the rights to have it in any future intellivision compilation is actually lovely as hell for gaming history.

After firing up Intellivision Lives on the PS2 and playing a single game of Astrosmash for what felt like an hour (why the hell does it give out extra lives like an uncle with a failing business drunkenly hanging out business cards at a family wedding?), can confirm.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Orv posted:

The mere existence of the term gaming racists has made this entire journey worth it.

I think the term was implied the day we got voice chat in games, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
The dream lives on
https://twitter.com/rtsoft/status/1668954352361549825