Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I love Magneto, he's helped pull me out of my recent 8 rank dive.

Thanks, 'Neto!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Ninurta posted:

Thanks, 'Neto!

Try putting him in a lane with Kingpin.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Ninurta posted:

Thanks, 'Neto!

Someone used him on a Fisk Tower that I thought was a Heimdall and it obliterated me

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

IllusionistTrixie posted:

Finally made infinite for the first time, and been playing since launch so feeling pretty :stoked: about it.

It does crack me up that in the infinite pool matchmaking some people are *still* running Galactus decks. Its just showing a shocking lack of imagination, but also now cubes aren't real and don't mean anything I can just leave instantly and not care?

They still like to thumbs up emote on the 1 cube retreat tho. Something about that card breaks peoples brains.

I'm farming boosters for dommy mommy ok????

Honestly playing galactus in infinite is giving me better instincts for playing it on ladder and I like using the versions with a bunch of wincons to make it a little more of a puzzle.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It is extremely lame that magik behind dark dimension isn't a surprise turn 7

You can actually get a surprise turn 7 two ways. 1) Location change to it via like Scarlet Witch on 6 and 2) Doc Ock pulls Magik on turn 6. Both of these are considered "in turn" reveals whereas Dark Dimension doesn't get revealed until after the game is over.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RevKrule posted:

You can actually get a surprise turn 7 two ways. 1) Location change to it via like Scarlet Witch on 6 and 2) Doc Ock pulls Magik on turn 6. Both of these are considered "in turn" reveals whereas Dark Dimension doesn't get revealed until after the game is over.

There's a third route: copy Magik with Iron Lad on 6.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Jedit posted:

There's a third route: copy Magik with Iron Lad on 6.

Jubilee or Lockjaw can pull as well

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
People complain about Galactus and HE but down here in pool 1 basically every deck is Kazoo and it drives me nuts

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I’ve played Magik into Dark Dimension at least 4 times, and every time I thought I was pretty clever

Until, you know, dark dimension

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Marx Headroom posted:

People complain about Galactus and HE but down here in pool 1 basically every deck is Kazoo and it drives me nuts

Don't worry, friend. Gain a few more collection levels and your old buddy Killmonger will be waiting for you in pool 2.
then every deck will be Moon Girl / Devil Dino

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Evo with Moon Girl seems pretty cool

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cirus posted:

Jubilee or Lockjaw can pull as well

Play Magik behind Invisible Woman, then Heimdall on turn 6 :v:

Or for something even less practical: turn 2 Invisible Woman -> turn 3 Wave or Psylocke -> turn 4 Sera -> turn 5 Magik/Cloak -> move Invisible Woman on 6

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Marx Headroom posted:

Pool 1 ain't balanced. They had to design and move Killmonger to pool 2 because Kazoo is so strong.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Dark Dimension could be a fun feature location, but any strat that wants to use it for silly combos is just super vulnerable to Galactus instead

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Attestant posted:

Dark Dimension could be a fun feature location, but any strat that wants to use it for silly combos is just super vulnerable to Galactus instead

Nobody should be playing Galactus, Dark Dimension is a free roll on their cubes today.

Today is like the Peak it was fun for a bit but it converges on everyone running something busted into the featured or the counter deck to those busted strats.
All your games get awful coin flippy.

RevKrule posted:

Honestly playing galactus in infinite is giving me better instincts for playing it on ladder and I like using the versions with a bunch of wincons to make it a little more of a puzzle.

I'm at the point that I just hate playing Galactus and playing against it because the change is coming, and it all feels so pointless to practice the deck or counter it at all. I don't even really want them to change Galac, but since they are I'm just mentally done with the card.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 28, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Seeing a lot of Wave/Hela/Modok today..

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Attestant posted:

At least they don't count towards Knull. If you hang on to a heavy hitter you can usually still best him

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

Play Magik behind Invisible Woman, then Heimdall on turn 6 :v:

Doesn't work - Heimdall doesn’t move unrevealed cards.

I also didn't mention pulling Magik with Jubilee or Lockjaw because that's just the Doc Ock route except from your hand instead of theirs.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Devo posted:

Don't worry, friend. Gain a few more collection levels and your old buddy Killmonger will be waiting for you in pool 2.

I'm so thirsty for Killmonger. Elektra and Enchantress aren't enough. I have to be so god drat aggressive with tech.

The nice thing is all the Guardians cards are pool 1 though and it's not hard to predict which location is getting cards most turns!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Attestant posted:

I’ve had a lot of fun with Cosmo and Spider-Man (in opposite lanes). I park some combo of Reed/Klaw/Iron Man/Onslaught in Dark Dimension, too.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Jedit posted:

Doesn't work - Heimdall doesn’t move unrevealed cards.

I... yes? That's the whole point? Invisible Woman moves, the cards behind her stay put and flip afterwards.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Seeing a lot of Wave/Hela/Modok today..

Yeah same until I realized oh it’s the location. I was about to be so salty about losing by like a combined 70 points

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

I... yes? That's the whole point? Invisible Woman moves, the cards behind her stay put and flip afterwards.

Sorry, I'm slipping into my dotage.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Marx Headroom posted:

i climbed with zoo / moon girl dino decks and it was a lot of fun esp. as you have a much smaller pool of cards so you can figure out the last turns much more reliably.

i already know i'm going to miss just being in the first pool next month, which bums me out.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Moon Girl + Dino decks have a lot of legs. Same basic principle, quite a few different cards to mix in there to jive with your own play style. One of my faves.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

What’s the Galactus change?

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Inevitable

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I dunno how they could change Galactus. It's not overpowered and is easily countered but it just feels particularly bad when it gets ya

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If they change Galactus it's just caving to the whiners that can't recognise lines of play

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

If your an effect preventing your cards from being revealed ends during your revealed phase, are they revealed the same turn?

What if the effect ends after your reveal phase?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The problem with Galactus is that the only recourse is to shoehorn in specific Galactus defense cards into every deck you own or retreating.

Isn't the whole deal with Galactus that he has a herald that proceeds him? Maybe just have Silver Surfer scoot by at the beginning of the game to show your opponent is playing Galactus so you can decide if continuing play is worth it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you're losing more than one cube to Galactus it's your own fault usually. And I tend to get 2 or 4 cubes from over confident Galactus players

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah but it would be nice to know if the match is worth your time. Sometimes you get the Yondu Wolverine Doc Ock tells early enough but others its out of the blue and you get the big Knull Death combo at the end, which makes the entire lead up a huge waste of time.. Would be nice to know in advance if I should just retreat on 1 and find a real match.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Galactus still has a negative win rate. It does not win every game. If you stay after he comes out and you don't have a big power dump to contest with knull death why stay to lose?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Yeah but it would be nice to know if the match is worth your time. Sometimes you get the Yondu Wolverine Doc Ock tells early enough but others its out of the blue and you get the big Knull Death combo at the end, which makes the entire lead up a huge waste of time.. Would be nice to know in advance if I should just retreat on 1 and find a real match.

Galactus can't possibly win the game on the one-lane plan without either ramp or Shuri into Nimrod. Wave or Electro on 3 is therefore a strong tell that you should at least prepare for it.

It's also nonsense to say that you have to shoehorn in specific defence cards to win. You just need to figure out where he's going to play. Some of the best cards against Galactus are staples: Cosmo, Storm, Spidey, Professor X, Aero, Polaris. Turn 3 Black Widow is frequently a retreat unless he drew his entire engine already, and the rock droppers can also stop him drawing what he needs.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
really feels like gambit should require you to actually have a card to pitch when you drop him on wong/mystique instead of being a "discard 1 card to blast 4" situation hey

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My vote for most toxic cards goes to Spider-Man. I don't know if I've ever seen one where the situation isn't rage inducing

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Playing Galactus without Doc Ock, Spider-Man, or Death has been a very humbling experience. If all Galactus players had to play like I did I think the game would be in a better position

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm back up to 54 if anyone cares. Think I'm getting the hang of HE, even playing against mostly other HE players. My only major losses have been against people hiding big Wong combos under Dark Dimension, Black Panther Zola or Gambit or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

quite stretched out posted:

really feels like gambit should require you to actually have a card to pitch when you drop him on wong/mystique instead of being a "discard 1 card to blast 4" situation hey

The whole idea is the discarded cards are getting thrown to destroy played cards so I fully agree