Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/91976?tab=description

So if you're looking at mods and you see this, you may wonder why this guy is REALLY having a normal one. I happen to know context.

Apparently this modder decided to make a mod that lets men bang a lesbian NPC. The voice actor of this NPC was like "hey that's not cool." Some other people agreed. And uh... well.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen more pure I’m not owned before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/91976?tab=description

So if you're looking at mods and you see this, you may wonder why this guy is REALLY having a normal one. I happen to know context.

Apparently this modder decided to make a mod that lets men bang a lesbian NPC. The voice actor of this NPC was like "hey that's not cool." Some other people agreed. And uh... well.

Getting hard not to believe in the power of the months of the year with Meltdown May dropping something like this in front of me

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like if you're ever at the point where you decide to put someone's comments in your header for your mod, you might need to take a step back and a deep breath. That's the kind of thing you should regret after getting sobered up.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Did it already get changed? I'm not seeing anything obviously incriminating.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

Yeah, looks like he took the user comment post out of the header and scrubbed all the childish snarky text from the description and comments.

What a wiener

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Midnight Voyager posted:

I feel like if you're ever at the point where you decide to put someone's comments in your header for your mod, you might need to take a step back and a deep breath. That's the kind of thing you should regret after getting sobered up.

Not necessarily. I think my favorite user comment that ended up in the description for a mod was "I can't really tell what it's doing, but it's so critically acclaimed that it's gotta do something right?" Made me laugh.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

John Murdoch posted:

Haha really? Wow. The ENTIRE mod description was snarky bullshit about how obviously they can't be assholes for making the "let men gently caress the lesbian" mod because look, they're making a lesbian mod! They also had other people's comments (selectively the worst ones they could get their hands on) in their header and some fuckin Nostalgia Critic reaction gif.

I found part of it:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Not necessarily. I think my favorite user comment that ended up in the description for a mod was "I can't really tell what it's doing, but it's so critically acclaimed that it's gotta do something right?" Made me laugh.

Also fair, that one's great.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 25, 2023

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Link is confusing because it appears to be a mod that let's female character marry a character formerly unable to be pursued by women.

Screenshot the meltdowns.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hot off the presses, it's Immersive Marcy Long!

I can't stop looking at that face.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zesty posted:

Link is confusing because it appears to be a mod that let's female character marry a character formerly unable to be pursued by women.

Screenshot the meltdowns.
Seems like this is another mod by the same modder made to prove they're Definitely Not HomophobicTM after they got roasted for making making a mod that allows male player characters to romance a lesbian character from another mod (looks like Interesting NPCs?) and initially had a much more passive aggressive and snarky description before it got edited.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Relyssa posted:

Hot off the presses, it's Immersive Marcy Long!

I can't stop looking at that face.

Do they have to put her in that dress and besmirch the name of the Final Pam? :mad:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

User Testimonials

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Starsector mod pages are great

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Nalesh posted:

Starsector mod pages are great

Lol hell yeah

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It's a solid enough community too and the game's creator personally dumpsterslammed the blatant nazi mods off the forum :toot:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Fuckin' A

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

:nws: Sexy E-Girl Main Menu Replacer With Song :nws:

what on earth is happening with her boobs

Mega64
May 23, 2008

quote:

ohhh very nice and have Endorse mwahahhahahahahah now imagine if someone made her as a bodyside preset and face presets as well imagine playing as a sexy e girl just like her in the picture itself but its all a dream lol

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Relyssa posted:

Are you telling me you're not into slime monstergirls? Pleb :smugbert:

But seriously, what the gently caress is happening with those boobs? I know the joke is that some people have never seen boobs, but this is the internet; don't tell me that the maker of that mod hasn't at least seen them.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I assume the Body Slide is where one dumps remains from the Lover Slab.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

I assume the Body Slide is where one dumps remains from the Lover Slab.

It's a tool for making body shapes for the player character/NPCs. Terminally horny person there wants their player character to look exactly like that menu image.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The one thing I felt FO4 was missing was playing as an e-girl whose breasts go down to her knees.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
But why a main menu replacer? How long will you.. enjoy that before pressing new game or load game?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

But seriously, what the gently caress is happening with those boobs? I know the joke is that some people have never seen boobs, but this is the internet; don't tell me that the maker of that mod hasn't at least seen them.

I think they're attempting to model the way large, natural breasts can sometimes look, hmm, floppy when the person is leaning forward. Instead, the odd proportions and plastic texture reminds me more of Silly Putty.

But honestly, I think the weird curl on the upper lip bothers me more.

Leal posted:

But why a main menu replacer? How long will you.. enjoy that before pressing new game or load game?

You know how a certain type of sports fan has to have sport in every aspect of their life? A living room full of memorabilia, a bedroom with themed surfaces, even a toilet seat with their team logo.

Some people are like that but with horny, their ability to compartmentalize or erect boundaries completely sandblasted away.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 28, 2023

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Slap a :downs: on it and you're halfway there.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Leal posted:

I'm betting 30-45 seconds

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Leal posted:

You will see the first few seconds of the main menu hundreds of times while you try and figure out which of your 300 sex mods crashes the game when you load.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Hel posted:

You will see the first few seconds of the main menu hundreds of times while you try and figure out which of your 300 sex mods crashes the game when you load.

The answer to that is: all of them.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tired of only being able to see your silly putty boobed e-girl in the main menu? :nws: Your boy's got you. :nws:

I'm the thumbnail clipping into the pip-boy dial

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Skippy McPants posted:

You know how a certain type of sports fan has to have sport in every aspect of their life? A living room full of memorabilia, a bedroom with themed surfaces, even a toilet seat with their team logo.

Some people are like that but with horny, their ability to compartmentalize or erect boundaries completely sandblasted away.

This is the thing that's always the most confusing to me. At least the various horny companion mods I can understand because there's interaction there and you can build a fantasy around it. The stuff that just randomly throws up horny posters everywhere or replaces menu images is just like, do you go into some kind of withdrawal if you go more than 5 seconds without seeing tits?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This is the thing that's always the most confusing to me. At least the various horny companion mods I can understand because there's interaction there and you can build a fantasy around it. The stuff that just randomly throws up horny posters everywhere or replaces menu images is just like, do you go into some kind of withdrawal if you go more than 5 seconds without seeing tits?

What you're missing is that it's not about titillation. It's about seepage.

So, like, the sports guy. He buys a commemorative plate of his fifth favorite player. He doesn't feel good about buying it—maybe for a minute, when he clicks the purchase button and it reminds him of a big highlight play. Mostly he doesn't think about it. He gets the plate, puts it on display, and then doesn't think about it. Then he buys four different rookie cards for players he barely knows. They were a good deal, but really he doesn't think much about it. The custom toilet seat he makes himself because he can't find one to buy. This time he thinks about it because the extra effort makes it special, but that's a rare occurrence. Sport has seeped into so much of his daily life that it's part of his routine, his normal. Like pouring a glass of water or scrolling social media, just another invisible part of a regular day.

It's like that. Maybe the sex menu guy got off to the picture once or twice, but mostly he doesn't think about it. He looks at it the same way you or I look at a desk lamp.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 29, 2023

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mega64 posted:

The one thing I felt FO4 was missing was playing as an e-girl whose breasts go down to her knees.

You're one of those gamers who always have to make your avatar look like you, huh?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

He looks at it the same way you or I look at a desk lamp.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Skippy McPants posted:

I think they're attempting to model the way large, natural breasts can sometimes look, hmm, floppy when the person is leaning forward. Instead, the odd proportions and plastic texture reminds me more of Silly Putty.

Yeah I liked to eat play doh as a kid and it looked just like that

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

You're one of those gamers who always have to make your avatar look like you, huh?

I try but can't make an ugly enough FO4 av.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Immersive Anime Girls for Age of Wonders 4

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

So low effort. At least get some good models and rework all the city upgrades and stuff to create a magical girl school faction!

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was trying to figure out some torturous joke with the “When did Saruman the Wise abandon reason for madness” bit about how immersion in mods almost always means some awful bullshit but I’m tired and feel terrible, so I leave that to you all as a fun exercise to do at home.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Relyssa posted:

start with big boobs with the "softness" set to high (for extra jiggly jiggle), add simulated gravity, add a bikini top that's actually a floating solid rather than anything resembling cloth, add physics engine jank
alternatively, they got a premade model, posed it, etc and couldn't figure out how to get the bikini top right so they messed with the geometry to do the squish and they have no experience doing that kind of 3d model editing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Skippy McPants posted:

But honestly, I think the weird curl on the upper lip bothers me more.

Heh, "erect"