Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #3: "There is a Raptor in My Office"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Plume is a coward. Wont endanger his life, doesnt want to go on missions, wont kiss an alien. >:(

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ditocoaf posted:

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #3: "There is a Raptor in My Office"

I loving love how the comic translates the sporadic Spanish unnecessarily.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

PYF Comic: The Magical Charm Of Raw Ham

I actually did a little google to see if I could find the fancy Spanish ham where I live and came across this article:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/kai/08-03-2022/the-enduring-mystery-of-the-hobsonville-point-ham

Mystery ham!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the gag is almost two decades old and it still holds up

(also at some point the clown was literally just Ronald McDonald; Hastings went back and edited all comics featuring him to instead feature original character Donald McBonald)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And I was just wondering whether they'd address that The Accidental Space Spy likely is at least smart enough to be concerned that, especially considering all he's seen of alien anatomies, that an apparently attractive alien woman doesn't necessarily have anything remotely resembling compatible physiology for a human.

But of course he's also just dumb enough to get awkward about it. To be fair, he has every reason to be under a lot of stress, but still.

That said: Keep in mind, he can't tell her that he has no idea what her species even is.

There's an Ace Attorney joke in here somewhere but for some reason I first thought Yu-Gi-Oh!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

:agreed:

Plume feels like a cross between Roger wilco and like, Gulliver's travels

I've made the comparison to at least the first one before and p sure that's exactly what he's going for. Though less social satire.

Tree Bucket posted:

I started drawing one but it was Dmitri leering at a limbchooser and asking to know more about customisable body parts, and then I said "eww" to myself and stopped

It's probably worse that it doesn't take much further down that terrible line of thought to imagine that absolutely exists in-setting.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

When you find a full leg of luxury cured meat you know you have been visited by the Food Goblin by the mark of a small piece expertly removed.
The Food Goblin always check the quality herself and it is also a reminder that food is to be carefully sampled and enjoyed to it's fullest, not devoured like a beast would.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Tall Penguin

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
One thing I find really funny about TASS is that at no point have Plume and Dunkirk figured out that it might be a good idea for Plume to study literally anything at all before they go to each new planet. Not even something as simple as reading the personnel file for their own colleagues.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Dunkirk is the one who was dumb enough to not even check he was abducting the right human, after all.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Tall Penguin

Oh I really like this.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Tall Penguin

This is the greatest comic I've ever seen

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Tall Penguin

Final Boss: Sphinx of Black Quartz

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
for Opplopolis fans, the author's been blogposting a bit
and here's the upshot if you don't want to click

quote:

There will be an omnibus edition of Opplopolis. The current plan, subject to change, is for a 508-page soft-cover book with french folds, wrap-around cover — nice looking. In order to do it the way I would like, I’m going to have to do a crowd-funding campaign. The success or failure of the campaign will determine if the book costs around $40 USD and is available at retail, or if it costs significantly more and is available from the website only. Basically, it would determine if this is a self-published book, or a vanity project. Either way, an omnibus will exist.
so I'll post that here when it happens (he's aiming for August)

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Previously on Tales of the Beanworld, it was found that the mystery pods made sounds.

Music is being made!

Hurl Warriors

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

My attempts in color:

It broke my heart to only pick one sweater:
https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/austrailian-man-knits-penguin-sweaters/

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Aug 14-21, 1938)

edit: forgot to timg, whoops

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.
Really appreciating how good the story is but also that it looks like they're in drag

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

JosephSkunk posted:

Really appreciating how good the story is but also that it looks like they're in drag

Just two rivals, sworn to a battle to the death for the hand of their fair lady, questing together in distant lands in search of her, hair immaculate, makeup on point, setting aside an hour each day to tussle, you know, for the quest

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy

Their relationship seems fine.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A quicky:

E:
"Speak the same language as Thagnar"? Are you implying something?

Wait, What is that fisherman holding?

:confuoot:

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 20:35 on May 28, 2023

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Val speaks the same language since this is where his family's originally from. Er, I think.

Also,

By popular demand posted:

When you find a full leg of luxury cured meat you know you have been visited by the Food Goblin by the mark of a small piece expertly removed.
The Food Goblin always check the quality herself and it is also a reminder that food is to be carefully sampled and enjoyed to it's fullest, not devoured like a beast would.

I appreciated this.

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

wrong on both accounts, Wakako, but specially the sandwich one. Just google "bocadillo de jamón serrano", geez.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol definitely did a doubletake at that "glint" there

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh, wakako's australian, l get it now

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:shepspends: Find me an auzzie with 'cigarette and beers every day' voice and have him redub the anime!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

By popular demand posted:

"Speak the same language as Thagnar"? Are you implying something?

Prince Valiant's grasp of Scandinavian geography seems rather shaky; he knew he was heading to "Jutesland" but still felt the need to scan the "grim fiôrds of the north;" I assume the authorial intent is that fantasy Jutland is meant to be a larger-than-life representation, with many diverse tribes and kingdoms, but I prefer to read that they just landed in the Netherlands and walked until they found someone who spoke Danish.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Chako

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Prince Valiant's grasp of Scandinavian geography seems rather shaky; he knew he was heading to "Jutesland" but still felt the need to scan the "grim fiôrds of the north;" I assume the authorial intent is that fantasy Jutland is meant to be a larger-than-life representation, with many diverse tribes and kingdoms, but I prefer to read that they just landed in the Netherlands and walked until they found someone who spoke Danish.

They're on an urgent quest as sworn foes to find Ilene but also made a 500km detour...?

Also, Mister Foster, you're meant to wear stuff under your chainmail. Nipples plus metal rings would be, well,

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Made for readingatwork's Heathcliff artdome over on the GoonArt discord:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Mr. shumai...
I don't know that I like nice Chako anymore.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol definitely did a doubletake at that "glint" there

FLICK

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I'm glad that others share my sadness over Plume's actions.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That said: Keep in mind, he can't tell her that he has no idea what her species even is.
A more savvy Plume could've gone with saying that he didn't study those specific aliens or that he didn't look into their romantic/sexual characteristics out of modesty, or something. But yeah, ultimately for all the bummer it is, it's fair to say that Plume isn't really in the best situation to be making great, thoughtful decisions.

Fingerpori

Puhallin = woodwind/brass instrument, more literally "an instrument you blow into", literally "blower"
Soittaja = player (of an instrument)
Soittaja = phonecaller
Lämpöpuhallin = a machine that blows warm air into a room, I decided to go with "heat pump" but there might be a better word; literally "warmth-blower"
Puhallinsoittaja = someone who plays a brass/woodwind instrument
Puhallinsoittaja = someone who calls about things that blow air

I was going to scan more ANSU today but ended up sleeping instead.

The Accidental Space Spy

Hempuli posted:

222 - Awesome hat
223 - In private
224 - Plane
225 - Sad
226 - Explosion

227 - Instructions

228 - Pilot

The end!

Plume being a coward: 5
Thoughts about alien sex: 3
Alien species seen: 85
:biotruths:: 13
Talking character deaths: 14
Deaths overall: 47+

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
what exactly are those masks meant to obscure? I thought Notebooks' personal information was written on the ears!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

what exactly are those masks meant to obscure? I thought Notebooks' personal information was written on the ears!

They actually connect to their jetpacks! It's hard to see it because the jetpack parts are pretty much the same grey tones as the ship interior.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh! well fair enough, you win this round, Thorsby, but I'm watching you!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

NAG posted:

Made for readingatwork's Heathcliff artdome over on the GoonArt discord:

:stonklol:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I thought it was just an alien balaclava but you're right it's a jetpack brace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Where are the instructions for the jetpack?