Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Kirios posted:

This is going to be the most boring season ever.

gently caress. I think I hate Red Bull and Verstappen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Did Ocon get held up behind Magnussen or someone else still farting around on slicks? How the hell did Aston manage to pit twice and still keep 2nd?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

The actual race days are more limited to just where you get funneled, but you can do in and out to grab a bite at a cafe like said above if you want to skip porsche or whatever. We went in to monaco on tuesday and had like free reign to walk basically anywhere behind all the guardrails and stuff. We got some walking track tour that I think was worth, but you also can 100% walk around the whole track and pop out for shot looking up beau revage and poo poo np. I have a bunch of random pics around the place. It def felt way more open than Austin imo.

Also my understanding is that after the race events every day abd people clear out the place opens up more. But we only stuck around one night for a nice dinner, mostly wanted to get back to nice for the stuff there which was real nice (heh)

Nice, thanks!

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

I stopped watching the Indy 500 after 30 minutes, too much commercials and redneck vibes for me.

If we see Santino win after Max just won Monaco, we truly live in the darkest timeline

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ehh I don't get southern vibes from it. NASCAR I have to turn off within 5 minutes because of how embarrassing it gets.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Simplex posted:

Did Ocon get held up behind Magnussen or someone else still farting around on slicks? How the hell did Aston manage to pit twice and still keep 2nd?

Ocon was more than a pit behind and also had to pit for inters

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Witeldram posted:

I don't care how nice Monaco is, this place looks so claustrophobic to live in

Is it nice though?? TheBacon please advise.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Sunk Dunk posted:

Good for ocon I guess. My wife fell asleep in the bar watching the race lol

My wife ordered me to come back to bed because I kept falling asleep at my desk and making stuff hit the floor :(

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Grosjean has rediscovered his love for walls.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
This grojean character seems cursed

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Witeldram posted:

I stopped watching the Indy 500 after 30 minutes, too much commercials and redneck vibes for me.

If we see Santino win after Max just won Monaco, we truly live in the darkest timeline

find a dodgy sky sports stream online. they keep the race feed when the us goes to commercials and have their own commentators come on

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

TheBacon posted:

Ocon was more than a pit behind and also had to pit for inters

I think what I don't understand is that by the time everyone went inters it was at least questionable if it should be full wets, and a number of cars did indeed put wets on. Alonso should have lost a lot of time doing an extra lap on slicks. Sainz stayed on slicks and skidded off the track. Russell drove off the track on inters, so that took the two of them out of it. But I don't get what happened to Ocon and Hamilton that they were so slow after they put the inters on.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
F1 never-will-be Colton Herda hitting teammate F1 never-was Grossjean was good stuff.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Toe Rag posted:

It didn’t feel anymore claustrophobic than Amsterdam, honestly prob less so. It was certainly very pretty but also all the yachts should be seized and the billionaires put in the chipper so who can really say if it is nice.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Toe Rag posted:

It's weird, there's no like, normal shops. Everything is some luxury store selling $100k something, even at the stores you pop into to grab cigs.

I wouldn't call it claustrophobic, but until you've wandered around enough to know where the public elevators are it's rough to go up and down the streets.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ugly wreck.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

uh where did that tire go

american safety A+

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
dude opened his visor while skidding on the ground, insane

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Holy poo poo that crash

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

drat that tire barely flew past the stands.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
https://twitter.com/andrewkossack/status/1662900354478907392?s=46&t=JzmtHOOLewES2sU1Ge5Mmw

Edit: if I was in Indiana I might vote for the tire to the face option

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lmao whoops

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Like I don't give a poo poo about Indycar but this Indy 500 slaps. It's in the closing stages turn it on asap

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i quite like watching oval racing. since i got into it in iracing it gave me some appreciation for the strategies and stuff

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh hey Zak Brown appearance

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Didn't realize Zak Brown was attending.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Didn't realize Zak Brown was attending.

he's there to troll chip ganqassi

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Phwoar

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

https://streamable.com/s4zemn replays for anyone that missed it.

the pit orgies are always fun and people doing massive powerslides out of their pitbox and then loving it up will never not be funny.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

too slow... to start...?

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Bip Roberts posted:

https://twitter.com/andrewkossack/status/1662900354478907392?s=46&t=JzmtHOOLewES2sU1Ge5Mmw

Edit: if I was in Indiana I might vote for the tire to the face option

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1662902449269616641?t=kzAPD5eNA3aS9n_DkAf3tQ&s=19

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

and uhhh here's the restart attempt replays including a very bizarre slow crash https://streamable.com/gkk8ki

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

:stare:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
The indy 500 is always worth watching lmao

gently caress santino ferucci

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You guys can't even help yourselves

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hahahahaha

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

lol, 3rd red flag.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Just saw a pic of Adrian Newey’s daily driver

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hope y'all are ready for a 2021 Abu Dhabi finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lol Indy finish was wild