Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Having been backstage just about everywhere in that stadium fairly recently, good loving luck to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dudley posted:

Having been backstage just about everywhere in that stadium fairly recently, good loving luck to them.

how much copper wire did you manage to get away with

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bournemouth have a really tiny stadium too and nobody seems to mind that. poo poo name too

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bournemouth's stadium is luxury compared to what Luton have.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Luton’s still planning on building a new town center stadium of ~20k capacity, but I think it was £5 mil or so they’d need to do immediately to the current patch for next year.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

harperdc posted:

Luton’s still planning on building a new town center stadium of ~20k capacity, but I think it was £5 mil or so they’d need to do immediately to the current patch for next year.

Not exactly a hardship considering how much TV money they get.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah Luton need to spend the money, focus on not getting relegated instantly and break ground on a new...ground as soon as possible

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FullLeatherJacket posted:

how much copper wire did you manage to get away with

That went a long time ago, I think it's mostly held together by the metal bits from the middle of cable ties now.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Checking in on Mudryk's stats

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Gutted that Leicester are getting the drop, delighted that my local 'proper' team, Luton will be in the prem.

The Premier League really should have made an executive decision to dump Everton. Leeds and Leicester are both 'good' clubs that had a tough time this year but generally have provided the premier league with some pretty stellar moments, Everton is a 'bad' club, and have done nothing except stink the place up year after year.

I'm melting down a little bit, but after they hired Frank Lampard I lost a lot of respect for them, now that they've farted and belched their way out of relegation at the expense of Leeds or Leicester I will actively dislike them forever.

Simiain fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 28, 2023

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

From winning the league to getting relegated. I hope they bounce back up because that’s depressing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I can't see Leicester coming back up at a Burnley-like speed but it shouldn't take forever either

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Either way he wasn’t winning a trophy lmfao

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Shrapnig posted:

Congratulations, you can write for American TV.

Only if they're willing to cross a picket line!

Heartfelming stuff: https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1662888586172157954

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

gently caress Villa

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

:D

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

I can't see Leicester coming back up at a Burnley-like speed but it shouldn't take forever either

Depends on who they hire full-time and how the Thai tourism market bounces back :v:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Moktaro posted:

Only if they're willing to cross a picket line!

Heartfelming stuff: https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1662888586172157954
some fun thursday ebenings to look forward to :unsmith:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Thanks Ants posted:

I wonder what Vardy will do. I cant see him slumming it in the Championship, but I'm not sure which Prem team would buy a 36 yo striker. Then again, he had such a non-traditional career, maybe he would take one last go at the lower leagues

Sucks if getting relegated means he retires

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Having seen him in person recently his pace is totally gone and he's done

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I wonder what Vardy will do. I cant see him slumming it in the Championship, but I'm not sure which Prem team would buy a 36 yo striker. Then again, he had such a non-traditional career, maybe he would take one last go at the lower leagues

Sucks if getting relegated means he retires

just another cup to win, has anybody else won two EFL Championships with the same team an entire decade apart?

harperdc posted:

Depends on who they hire full-time and how the Thai tourism market bounces back :v:

We have really good weed for really cheap now.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Vardy seems the type of player to do a Lee Trundle and play forever at whatever level will have him. He’ll be 50 and playing in the Southern League Division 7 East or whatever

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Answers Me posted:

Vardy seems the type of player to do a Lee Trundle and play forever at whatever level will have him. He’ll be 50 and playing in the Southern League Division 7 East or whatever

You think he'll stick with Leicester for that long?

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Mainwaring posted:

You think he'll stick with Leicester for that long?

:laugh: if he'll have us

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Vardy is old, lost his pace, and only scored 3 league goals this season, I'm not sure there will be PL suitors lining up to sign him

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Yeah but his crosses are so crispy. We just love the guy really. Three goals in three games in the League Cup says to me of course I want him when we face League opponents .

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Vegetable posted:

From winning the league to getting relegated. I hope they bounce back up because that’s depressing.

Blackburn did it quicker.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Pouring one out for al the plastics that picked Leicester as their team when they won the league.

They might still stay up though, Everton are also being investigated for FFP stuff.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lol at the idea of there being consequences for FFP stuff

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1663153089904353283

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Mauricio Pochelseano

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i hope he gets them to the europa league and then he gets sacked

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

congratulations to mauricio pochettino on his upcoming £20m windfall

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i hope he gets them to the europa league and then he gets sacked

I would guess that's around the area they will rebound in their first season if everything clicks. A real coach(Poch) and a number 9(Nkunku) will improve most of their issues imo. They had a quite solid defense if you look at the stats but just had management issues and no real striker. I think at the very least Poch should challenge for EL spot or Conference league spot, maybe get to a domestic cup final that would be realistic and decent performance. Best case scenario is somehow they are top 4 contenders with possibly some teams like Manu and Newcastle dropping off. Poch likes using young players so don't know if he will be able to do that in his first season.

Of course hard to say now, maybe Newcastle will spend half a billion and Manchester will get Kane then it gets even harder.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Chelsea have some long-term things to deal with like their stadium being small, no European league money next season but a huge wage bill to cover. I wonder if they're already writing off next season with the only must-have objective being to stay up, and will have a fire sale over the summer window to try and get the accounts looking half decent. Though they will still sack Poch if he doesn't get them into the top six spot by November.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Yeah the owner who predicted his team of dipshit fuckups managed by Frank LLLLLLLampard would beat Real Madrid 3-0 in the Bernabeu is going to be content with just balancing the books and riding things out. They're going to spend £400 million and sack 4 managers next year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Who was the worst transfer this season? Mudryk or Richarlison or someone else tops them?

For arsenal, Vieira looked pretty poor almost every time he played (to the best of my memory) but he's still young and might be able to improve enough to take up the Xhaka role, and €35m isn't like a massive fee anymore

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
antony was a pretty bad signing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

sourdough posted:

Who was the worst transfer this season? Mudryk or Richarlison or someone else tops them?

For arsenal, Vieira looked pretty poor almost every time he played (to the best of my memory) but he's still young and might be able to improve enough to take up the Xhaka role, and €35m isn't like a massive fee anymore

I feel sorry for mudryk, it seemed like he was desperate to come to arsenal then gets sold into a disaster situation at Chelsea with a ton of pressure from the price tag.

Richarlison is imo worse. He's been in the prem so no excuse for not settling in, he also gets extra points for getting booked for celebrating goals that got written off.