Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Frankston posted:

Wait you can fuse the Master Sword with stuff?

Just learned that, it's base power is pretty great too, and the fuse material fades after glowing every time you draw the sword.

I'm more curious if elemental effects carry over, like a frost talus heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
This game rules and also has some unbearable tedium built in. who thought the sky labyrinth was a good idea. Just aimlessly floating around with no indicators on what to look for while worrying about falling to your death.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pentyne posted:

Just learned that, it's base power is pretty great too, and the fuse material fades after glowing every time you draw the sword.

they do

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

pentyne posted:

they do

bartlebee posted:

This game rules and also has some unbearable tedium built in. who thought the sky labyrinth was a good idea. Just aimlessly floating around with no indicators on what to look for while worrying about falling to your death.

you can figure out where you’re trying to go by looking at the map

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

Augus posted:

they do

you can figure out where you’re trying to go by looking at the map

I knew I was gonna get ripped for being unable to follow a map but I was so mad at this labyrinth, lol.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
First dungeon after getting the travel medallion you can believe I was constantly dropping and resetting the markers all over the dungeon.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

bartlebee posted:

I was a lot more annoyed about that before I realized that free-fall gliding with the gliding suit meant I go really fast and still never go below a specific safe altitude. And yeah, once you find one of the things, you can basically look at the map and make a really good guess at where the others are. And worst case you climb up the outer walls and skip the labyrinthing.

Still don't think that kind of thing is fun gameplay, they could have done something cooler with that environment for sure. At least the ground version is basically free.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Sage spoilers
What can you attach to the construct that is useful? I can't figure out how to attach melee weapons to her arms, and all the back parts seem relatively useless.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

DalaranJ posted:

Sage spoilers
What can you attach to the construct that is useful? I can't figure out how to attach melee weapons to her arms, and all the back parts seem relatively useless.

Zonai devices, it's great to randomly have the construct freeze or explode stuff. I used a cannon and a shock emitter for the longest time and the disarm effect was great but I stopped because the shock would jump from the enemy to me and then I got disarmed, rip. Cannon plus freeze ray seem great to keep hordes of mokoblins off my rear end though. But in principle you can also put the stuff that you fuse to weapons on the arms, such as individual weapons, just not fused weapons. Putting a fan on the back can be neat if you're using the construct to scoot over a ton of gloom, but there's probably better ways to do that.

Vanadium fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 28, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

bartlebee posted:

I mean, if you turn on the quest tracker you get, it will tell you exactly where the terminals are.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Vanadium posted:

Zonai devices, it's great to randomly have the construct freeze or explode stuff. I used a cannon and a shock emitter for the longest time and the disarm effect was great but I stopped because the shock would jump from the enemy to me and then I got disarmed, rip. Cannon plus freeze ray seem great to keep hordes of mokoblins off my rear end though. But in principle you can also put the stuff that you fuse to weapons on the arms, such as individual weapons, just not fused weapons. Putting a fan on the back can be neat if you're using the construct to scoot over a ton of gloom, but there's probably better ways to do that.

I never would have guessed that non-fused weapons work when fused weapons don't.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I'm getting to the point where all weapons I pick up are yellows, it's pretty weird to pick up a gloom rotted weapon that has durability ++

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

You could check the encyclopedia, pristine weapons have a different entry right next to the decayed one. That said I'm sure any weapon that looks/mentions decay has a pristine variation, which are unlocked by breaking the decayed, unfused weapon.

About the spoiler here, does the weapon have to be never fused at all for that to start spawning, or can I just pop off the horn of a claymore that’s about to break and smash it against a rock or something?

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean, if you turn on the quest tracker you get, it will tell you exactly where the terminals are.

Not doubting you, but it definitely didn't do this on my game and just kept pointing me to the entrance. Maybe taken care of in a patch or something.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 28, 2023

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm too addicted to duping to patch.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Bell_ posted:

Same here. They can have my version 1.0 totk when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Over the course of this thread, I have seen two conflicting observations regarding stocking up on arrows:

"Just break crates and barrels"
"I'm breaking my weapons in pursuit of arrows"

Pro tip: barrels and crates will shatter if you lift them with Ultrahand as high as they will go and drop them.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm so glad I did the Gerudo temple first. I loving love this power. Every time a Yiga clan dipshit shows up and does his speech, I instantly blow him up with the lightning ability. It's great every time

(also it's great in basically every other combat situation, and can also clear rock walls)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

PageMaster posted:

Not doubting you, but it definitely didn't do this on my game and just kept pointing me to the entrance. Maybe taken care of in a patch or something.

Huh, that's weird. It was definitely in version 1.0.0; it's one of the first things I did in-game. Maybe they patched it out for some reason?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Space Fish posted:

Over the course of this thread, I have seen two conflicting observations regarding stocking up on arrows:

"Just break crates and barrels"
"I'm breaking my weapons in pursuit of arrows"

Pro tip: barrels and crates will shatter if you lift them with Ultrahand as high as they will go and drop them.

on the other hand literally any weapon can be turned into a sledgehammer for cheap and your weapons are easily replaceable and hitting the boxes is way faster

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

You should also keep a wood-handle axe around for crates and barrels. It breaks them easily, lasts a long time and it's handy for ents. Use a low level axe part like a big toenail or just a rock axehead. It's a good utility item, just like a rock breaker.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Bell_ posted:

I duped all the materials I needed for the armors I planned to use in combat immediately when I saw the patch had downloaded (I was playing at the time and had the prescience to check the patch notes, so I knew I was on borrowed time), plus a couple extras of each, just in case. This included about three hours of riding dragons and hunting down a White-Maned Lynel for its guts (honestly, I'm not sure which fight is less pleasant, between Lynels and Gleeoks), as I didn't yet have samples of those items to duplicate. I also duped extra diamonds, just in case I ran short of rupees, and White Lynel horns for fusing. So, sure, I can't dupe the mats I need to max out, for example, the Barbarian Armor, but when I've already maxed out the Fierce Deity armor, I'm not sure why I'd need it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'd probably use the sage powers 100x more often if they were mapped to different buttons properly but I can't be bothered to chase after them during a battle spamming the A button to try to get it to work.

Seriously what were they thinking, the way it's implemented is just bizarre.

Also the amount of times I've been hoovering up items after a fight and wind sage loving appears right next to me and ends up wind-blasting everything away because I activated his power by accident.

The powers themselves are also kinda loving lame compared to BotW.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PageMaster posted:

you probably didn't have the quest set as your current active one. I didn't.
even without the objective markers tho the spots where the switches are can be figured out just by looking at the map and going "that place looks weird" which is what I did.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It is dumb they don't have a dedicated button, but you can whistle and they'll run over

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like the wind and lightning powers
fire one is a bit situational
water one is useless unless you're in a heated area

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Macaluso posted:

It is dumb they don't have a dedicated button, but you can whistle and they'll run over

This just flat out doesn't work for me, or they hesitate for about 5 seconds before slowly ambling over by which point I've moved to a different place because an enemy is attacking me.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Macaluso posted:

I'm so glad I did the Gerudo temple first. I loving love this power. Every time a Yiga clan dipshit shows up and does his speech, I instantly blow him up with the lightning ability. It's great every time

(also it's great in basically every other combat situation, and can also clear rock walls)

I like using it as a sonar if I ever get into a pitch black area of the depths

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Argh, I'm one lousy Lightroot away from map completion.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I like using it as a sonar if I ever get into a pitch black area of the depths

Oh yeah I did that too!!!! I felt like I was really pulling one over on the game with that

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The bubbles in the Water Temple give me big Celeste vibes and I love it :)

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Frankston posted:

This just flat out doesn't work for me, or they hesitate for about 5 seconds before slowly ambling over by which point I've moved to a different place because an enemy is attacking me.

Same, I don't know if my timing's off but it feels like whistling is useless if you're already in combat, especially if the issue is Riju being at the front lines when you're at long range trying to shoot monsters

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

mastajake posted:

70 hours into the game and I've finally decided to start taking advantage of zonai flying vehicles to get to all the lightroots. It felt like cheating at first, but it's a game mechanic, so now I'm quickly filling up the deep map. It feels good. Also helps to know that if there is a point of interest above ground, there is probably something directly under it as well.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Orange Crush Rush posted:

About the spoiler here, does the weapon have to be never fused at all for that to start spawning, or can I just pop off the horn of a claymore that’s about to break and smash it against a rock or something?

Can confirm the second works, you just need the weapon to break without anything fused, regardless of it having anything anytime.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Can confirm the second works, you just need the weapon to break without anything fused, regardless of it having anything anytime.

Is there any proof of this(through datamining or something) or is it just a fan theory?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Vanadium posted:

This back part makes me feel like I'm going insane. You can attach a balloon and it activates a heat vent which inflates the balloon, but a single balloon isn't enough to lift the construct.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

DalaranJ posted:

This back part makes me feel like I'm going insane. You can attach a balloon and it activates a heat vent which inflates the balloon, but a single balloon isn't enough to lift the construct.

[more sage spoiler i guess]
Yeah, the back part seems extremely vestigial, I've been ignoring it unless I am bored when running past free pans in the depths supply stations. It'd be much cooler if you could attach the construct to some whole contraption you built, not just a single part...

RatHat posted:

Is there any proof of this(through datamining or something) or is it just a fan theory?

The unfused part surprises me, I've not been using unfused weapons at all after like ten minutes into the game and I'm getting pristine gerudo weapons. Maybe it means "break the weapon as the base part, not as part fused to another weapon".

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

mastajake posted:

Taking a guess at which one it is

If it's the one directly east of Hyrule Castle, I can give you a hint for finding how to get there

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

bartlebee posted:

If you hit R in the upper labyrinths to spread-eagle, the wind is strong enough that you won't fall and you can just move around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

As far as I can tell wings, balloons, and hover stones all act the same and work like a shittier paraglider. I guess for if you're doing a paraglider-less run or just don't want to get out of the mech? Aside from that rockets for jumping and fans for running seem to be the only other actually useful ones. You can put emitters on the back if you want but you aren't gonna hit anything, and some other stuff activates (like the doomba, springs and wheels) but don't actually do anything.

You'd think batteries would work but noooo. You can also stick a light on there and it has longer range than the normal headlights, but then you have to turn around to use it.

I mostly just stick with a wing because it looks coolest :shrug: