Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Some details on why cars are semi-rare in the City: Backstreets roads are so twisty and convoluted that it can take a while to get from one location to another, even if the technical linear distance is short. Meanwhile, there are highways between Nests but those have conditions/costs as well. That's why WARP is so popular, even putting aside the raw speed.

well on one hand the City is a hellish nightmare from which there is no escape, on the other hey actual public transit funding

Einander posted:

I'm a little worried that N Sinclair's going to require too much sanity maintenance after this change, especially with Mad Flame. It's great for daily farming, sure, but he might end up mostly unusable in dungeons and Railway.

His damage is insane enough that this sanity change probably brings him from "completely absurd" to "really good", he's still fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Just cleared chapter 3 in Limbus, it wasn't too bad and the suggested level requirements seem very conservative (though I'm not sure how much level actually matters in terms of power). Think I kind of get how the basic combat/clashing works now, still haven't internalized the team-building and skill effects aspects at all though.

Random question, why did Sinclair's family call him Sinclair? Isn't his given name Emil?
Also, were the inquisition people actually N Corp employees? It seems out of the ordinary for one of the Wings to do things like that.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I believe it was just a quirk that they called him by his last name ("Your name's Philip!?"). And yeah, the inquisition are N-Corp Employees.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

there is an effectively zero percent chance i'll get enough shards in the next two days (lol) for another shard in s1, so under the circumstances i'm just gonna dump all my surplus boxes into rodion in case rosespanner is her busted id

Funny enough, Kurokumo Rodion is the only identity I'm missing...but with a new 3* coming in, I think I'll hold on trying to shard for that.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1663026216780328960

Rosespanner Rodya and Salt trailer.

[don intensifies]

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm still annoyed that they skipped a Yi Sang/Ishmael banner.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Junpei posted:

Would you say it’s…not ideal?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
BOOOOOOOOOOO.

Unrelated: https://www.tumblr.com/ohmewhatsthis/718436882719145984/good-evening-friends-on-this-beautiful-friday

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Yi Sang's next 3* ID is probably going to be relatively spoilery, so it makes sense that they're not going to reveal it a third of the way into his first chapter. They're being extra careful with spoilers in general this time around, considering they're time gating the battle pass as well.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

WELP I am going to have to be responsible for fixing this indignity, one of these days. Yi Sang needs better rep. :v:

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

I guess the Odyssey really DID have a purpose, after all.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Due to TeeQ having reached Tiphereth Realization, 1969119 views and a Gold Rating, have a lovely meme.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Yi Sang probably has a big fancy story one coming up, but yeah it's funny that he gets shafted yet again

tbf though Rodion also needs a good 000. I mean Kurokumo isn't bad per say but ew Poise

e: it's also gonna have to be a whopper to overcome Rodion's true 000: Base Rodion's Support Passive

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 29, 2023

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
No jumpscare, just very good:

https://twitter.com/ceanemu1/status/1661281045327798273

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

PM explaining all the game mechanics in-universe is pretty funny. I like how even the exp tickets are canon.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Infinity Gaia posted:

PM explaining all the game mechanics in-universe is pretty funny. I like how even the exp tickets are canon.
Their dedication to gameplay-story integration - and interesting integration at that! - is part of why I love them so much.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I bet they'll do some wacky fourth wall breaks with this concept eventually.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
Here's an advice for everyone playing Limbus Company.

When the Season is over, half of your boxes will be turned into threads.

However, it's one thread per box.

So it may be in your best interest to use up the boxes you currently have, since they can give anywhere between 1 and 3 E.G.O. shards.

Even if you don't have all the shards you need, at least you're gonna end up with more than what you'd have if you didn't use them up.

And besides, in Season 2, you'll NEED those extra shards to give that extra uptie and threadspin to your Sinners and E.G.O.s

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Here's an advice for everyone playing Limbus Company.

When the Season is over, half of your boxes will be turned into threads.

However, it's one thread per box.

So it may be in your best interest to use up the boxes you currently have, since they can give anywhere between 1 and 3 E.G.O. shards.

Even if you don't have all the shards you need, at least you're gonna end up with more than what you'd have if you didn't use them up.

And besides, in Season 2, you'll NEED those extra shards to give that extra uptie and threadspin to your Sinners and E.G.O.s

They've said that egoshard crates will be turned into thread crates, not individual threads, which is 1-3 threads per crate.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Saigyouji posted:

They've said that egoshard crates will be turned into thread crates, not individual threads, which is 1-3 threads per crate.

yeah, the math is safe but opening the boxes before rollover is still the objectively right choice, because you can turn your shards into thread later but not vice versa

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

yeah, the math is safe but opening the boxes before rollover is still the objectively right choice, because you can turn your shards into thread later but not vice versa
...No? It's still a 1:1 conversion. If you've got 88 shards in boxes you'll still have 44 when the season rollover happens regardless of whether they're still in the boxes or out of it. All you're doing by opening your boxes now is reducing your ability to react to stuff you want further down the line. Boxed shards are many times more valuable than unboxed shards because they can be anything.

The real question is if you want an odd number of boxes/shards or an even number depending on whether they round your remaining boxes up or down.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Is it? Shard Crates turn to Thread Boxes and Shards turn to Thread. Regardless of whether you open the boxes, half of your cool currency will turn into the less cool currency. In fact, Nominable Crates are better than straight up Shards because you can appoint them to whoever whilst they remain unopened, whilst the Shards are fixed to their particular Sinners.

Or is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: ah drat that's what I get for not refreshing before I :justpost:

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

...No? It's still a 1:1 conversion. If you've got 88 shards in boxes you'll still have 44 when the season rollover happens regardless of whether they're still in the boxes or out of it. All you're doing by opening your boxes now is reducing your ability to react to stuff you want further down the line. Boxed shards are many times more valuable than unboxed shards because they can be anything.

The real question is if you want an odd number of boxes/shards or an even number depending on whether they round your remaining boxes up or down.

Oh, right.

Forgot the crate part.

But still, with the new upties and threadspins, you'll need all the shards you can get.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Oh, right.

Forgot the crate part.

But still, with the new upties and threadspins, you'll need all the shards you can get.
Yeah, so you should leave them in the boxes so you can turn them into whatever shards you need, rather than, say, turning them into Sinclair shards right now then discovering that he doesn't get anything better than The One Who Shall Grip in Season 2 so you've just wasted all of it.

Just leave them in the boxes. Nothing good will come of taking them out right now unless you're really, really lucky.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm saving up to buy something in particular that won't go away when the season swaps over, so it doesn't matter if they're in box form or shard form, I'm losing some progress either way, so might away well unbox them now and save myself time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

Yeah, so you should leave them in the boxes so you can turn them into whatever shards you need, rather than, say, turning them into Sinclair shards right now then discovering that he doesn't get anything better than The One Who Shall Grip in Season 2 so you've just wasted all of it.

Just leave them in the boxes. Nothing good will come of taking them out right now unless you're really, really lucky.

oh balls you're right, I misread the mechanic, rip

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1663446075720765441

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1663445831071170560

Tremor support, huzzah!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Just needs one more identity to make a full team for it.

Unless I'm missing one that isn't N-Corp Don or LCCB Ishmael

EDIT: Checked and forgot about Zwei Sinclair so there's a full team there to try.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 30, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Huh. Is that a Rosespanner Gregor in Rodions background? The arm kind of looks like a clamp or somesuch.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Arcanuse posted:

Huh. Is that a Rosespanner Gregor in Rodions background? The arm kind of looks like a clamp or somesuch.

Sure is! We can even see the pet roach friend on one of the monitors, and he's in another shot as well during the video.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Is it only me that find the new Identities lacks Oomph in their attack? Like, I dunno, their attack seem to lack momentum or something.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rodion's skill 2 seems fuckin terrifying. Nice to finally have a central ID for a Tremor team, her role is to burst the tremor she/her team has set up and get big damage bonuses from it. She also seems to stack so much of it that she can just run herself or hang out with W Don

Meursault sure is a Meursault ID, though that skill 3 seems promising. Also those passives seem great for shoring up Meur's typically bad clashing

TheNabster posted:

Just needs one more identity to make a full team for it.

Unless I'm missing one that isn't N-Corp Don or LCCB Ishmael

EDIT: Checked and forgot about Zwei Sinclair so there's a full team there to try.

Zwei Sinclair doesn't exist

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 31, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Is it only me that find the new Identities lacks Oomph in their attack? Like, I dunno, their attack seem to lack momentum or something.

I agree, but now that we know they're Tremor IDs it may just be that they're designed with the Burst effects in mind to give them more punch.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
I like how Rodion (the representative of the workshop) passive is "Here's to getting off early~' and her art show her playing gambling games while at work while Meursault's skill/passive names are a cry for help.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Doesn't Rosespanner Rodion have a skill that can burst twice? I thought all tremor on an enemy went away after one burst.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Bursting just reduces the Tremor Count by 1. If you have a Tremor with multiple Counts (easiest non-Gift way is LCCB Ishmael's second skill) you could burst it multiple times in a row.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kinda curious if theme teams like that are gonna end up worth it in the future. At least as far as railways goes, it really seemed like the dominant strategy was just running the top tier DPS and backing them up with some damage support.

At least the core of this team is what, Rodion, Meursault, and Ishmael? Those 3 don't really have any overpowered identities so you could slot them in a Railway Run without stepping on the toes of a strong DPS team, and there might be a station where they're useful.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
All of our current Tremor IDs are:

-LCB Sinner Meursault, Heathcliff and Ishmael
-LCCB Assistant Manager Ishmael
-N Corp Don
-Rosespanner Meursault and Rodion
-Zwei Sinclair

In addition, we have some Tremor EGO: Legerdemain on Gregor, Persuance on Meursault, Fluid Sac on Don, Rime Shank on Rodion.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I didn't bring up Don and Sinclair because the opportunity cost there is not running Warp Don and N Sinclair. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I can definitely see a world where Rosespanner Rodya is going to be a really good flex for Railway, especially since she has charge synergy w/ W Don and Telepole. I'll be interested to see how her final numbers look, because Vibration Compression could be crazy damage if it has enough +coin juice.