Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

CornHolio posted:

Wait what upcoming Zwan boxset? Does that imply a rerelease on vinyl? And maybe the Machine/Machine II vinyl release right behind it???

Don't get my hopes up man!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Zwan boxset incoming.

I never really cared for Zwan, but some people did, so there ya go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'll believe it when I see it for sale.

Also man, looking at the picture in that article, I forgot I had such a crush on Paz.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1663021302851031051/vid/1280x720/XpFbCqCmw-CSY99l.mp4

i have albums by literal murderers in my music collection and yet i've never wanted to yeet something of mine into the bin harder than i do rn

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
shut UP, billy :nallears:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Framboise posted:

shut UP, billy :nallears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

olives black posted:

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1663021302851031051/vid/1280x720/XpFbCqCmw-CSY99l.mp4

i have albums by literal murderers in my music collection and yet i've never wanted to yeet something of mine into the bin harder than i do rn

Wow, I think I actually hate him now.

Edit: you know, I'm not sure why I expected anything different from someone who went on Alex Jones' show in earnest, and believe chemtrails are a thing, but still, gently caress off both of you.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 29, 2023

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

What is it? I can't see the video

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

What is it? I can't see the video

Him and Bill Maher going off on people who were alarmed by the pandemic and followed guidelines, and those who still continue to mask.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
great footage of the two dumbest boys alive struggling to put a sentence together time and time again

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Him and Bill Maher going off on people who were alarmed by the pandemic and followed guidelines, and those who still continue to mask.

Okay yeah gently caress them. Glad the video wouldn't load for me 'cause my blood would boil having lost a relative to Covid.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

Okay yeah gently caress them. Glad the video wouldn't load for me 'cause my blood would boil having lost a relative to Covid.

I'm really sorry to hear that :smith: my uncle had lung issues, but he'd likely still be here if he had not caught covid last October.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
The pandemic broke a lot of people's brains because suddenly, you had a tangible way how your behavior could impact other people, and why it would be reasonable to regulate that. And you had a perfect example of how you have to make decisions that will work for the best but might upset people, and how hard that can be.

And none of that plays with the whole "people should do what they want, and nobody should tell them what to do" vibe that a lot of people have.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Billy was absolutely batshit insane well before the pandemic, if anything in the last few years he had calmed down a bunch.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Billy was absolutely batshit insane well before the pandemic, if anything in the last few years he had calmed down a bunch.

Yeah believing pandemic conspiracy theories is way more mainstream than when he went full on LaRouchePAC six months after being a big Obama guy in 2008.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He gave an interview with Alex Jones where he talked about how he personally watched a reptilian transforming in front of him. Mind you, he may be earnest about that given his history with acid or he may be loving around given his history with pro wrestling.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Wait...

Reptilians don't exist and it's not common to see them transforming in front of you?

Just a friendly normal guy. Just also happened to be a lizard. In a more open society, he could have been his reptilian self, but no, everyone has to assume he's out to rule the world.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Not to start a big religion argument but how you can be a big Christian and also believe in lizard people doesn't make sense to me. If man was made in God's image then what does that make lizard people?

Anyway, I watched about two minutes of that video and shut it off. But then some of Adore came up on shuffle and I listened to it all last night so just ignore anything Billy says and listen to the good tunes imo

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Billy's gone back and forth a lot on his religious beliefs over the years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Not to start a big religion argument but how you can be a big Christian and also believe in lizard people doesn't make sense to me. If man was made in God's image then what does that make lizard people?

Anyway, I watched about two minutes of that video and shut it off. But then some of Adore came up on shuffle and I listened to it all last night so just ignore anything Billy says and listen to the good tunes imo

Fallen Angels breeding with humans becoming weird hybrids is usually the answer.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Fallen Angels breeding with humans becoming weird hybrids is usually the answer.

I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't that

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't that

🎵🎶 mental illness comes in colors I can't deny 🎶🎵

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

"But beware, all those angels with their wings glued on"

He warned us and fell for it anyway :shrug:

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

Billy's gone back and forth a lot on his religious beliefs over the years.
I mean, if there's one thing we've come to expect from Billy Corgan, it's consistency, right?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

And I am
going through
CHANGES
Cause I
Bill Maher life
around you.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

I'm at the point where I feel comfortable in saying that he should be given the J.K. Rowling treatment - don't give him any money for his stuff. :filez: it or buy it used imo. That or Spotify I guess since no one makes any scratch off of it anyway afaik

And I am
going through
CHANGES
Cause I
Bill Maher life
around you.

:same:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

olives black posted:

I'm at the point where I feel comfortable in saying that he should be given the J.K. Rowling treatment - don't give him any money for his stuff. :filez: it or buy it used imo. That or Spotify I guess since no one makes any scratch off of it anyway afaik

:same:

Yeah, butt that would involve actually pirating the new stuff, and... no thanks.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Yeah, butt that would involve actually pirating the new stuff, and... no thanks.

ah yeah, good point

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah I'll just not buy it, particularly if it stinks.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Yeah I think at this point aren't we all just waiting for the Machina reissue? Aside from that I think it's fair to say pre-breakup SP is all anyone cares about?

Considering how many bands have been releasing records on vinyl I'm not so sure about the shortage being the reason for the Machina reissue delay either, I think it's more likely a combination of Billy foolishly prioritizing other things (we should have got the Machina reissue rather than Atum, which clearly needed a lot longer to cook) and probably seeing it as something that maintains interest in SP since people like us listen to the new crap while we keep waiting for Machina. I think once that's finally released a lot of people will be done with the band since it's all most people want or are waiting for, and once we have it there's no reason to pay attention to Billy or SP any more. Even if this is wrong and sounds absurd I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that Billy thinks.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah I think at this point aren't we all just waiting for the Machina reissue? Aside from that I think it's fair to say pre-breakup SP is all anyone cares about?

I mean, I'd probably buy a ridiculous Zwan box set because I didn't hate a lot of the stuff on that record, and rumor has it that the stuff he didn't put on that album (in typical Billy fashion) was incredible. Outside of that, absolutely. Oceania wasn't awful, but my only real memory of that album is that I saw them live in support of that and they played "Drown." At first I was super stoked and then I realized "Holy poo poo, I'm seeing arguably the best Pumpkins song ever recorded and there's only one original band member on stage. What the gently caress am I even doing?"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Support Zwan because David Pajo needs all the help he can get. I love him but like all the guys from Slint he's got the sad kind of brainworms (instead of Bilbo's aggravating brainworms) and I really hope he just doesn't need to worry about money, he's got enough on his plate.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Support Zwan because David Pajo needs all the help he can get. I love him but like all the guys from Slint he's got the sad kind of brainworms (instead of Bilbo's aggravating brainworms) and I really hope he just doesn't need to worry about money, he's got enough on his plate.

He's in the new gang of 4 line up which is a sadly hilarious story in itself and paints Andy Gill as pretty Corgan esque

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
To avoid supporting Billy I will simply buy all of his albums direct from Madame Zuzu's that way she gets the money instead!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Apropos of nothing, An Ode to No One fuckin rips

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

SUNKOS posted:

Considering how many bands have been releasing records on vinyl I'm not so sure about the shortage being the reason for the Machina reissue delay either, I think it's more likely a combination of Billy foolishly prioritizing other things (we should have got the Machina reissue rather than Atum, which clearly needed a lot longer to cook) and probably seeing it as something that maintains interest in SP since people like us listen to the new crap while we keep waiting for Machina.

It's possible that Billy is responsible for the delay in the Machina reissue, but I believe he's pretty explicitly said that it's the record label holding it back. Corgan does dumb poo poo, but I'm always willing to believe that record labels are behaving in more petty and stupid ways.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

CherryCola posted:

Apropos of nothing, An Ode to No One fuckin rips

That live version is deadly.

Does Iha never NOT look bored?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

BeastOfExmoor posted:

It's possible that Billy is responsible for the delay in the Machina reissue, but I believe he's pretty explicitly said that it's the record label holding it back. Corgan does dumb poo poo, but I'm always willing to believe that record labels are behaving in more petty and stupid ways.

I thought the record label issues were settled years ago? I remember Billy answering a question about it since the album was complicated to get the rights to or something (?) and in response to a fan essentially said that the legal side had been wrapped-up the day before. This was years ago. I'm pretty sure Billy even said the whole project is finished quite a long time ago too. Billy is just sitting on it as far as I understand, no record labels or legal issues are stopping him from releasing it.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

SUNKOS posted:

I thought the record label issues were settled years ago? I remember Billy answering a question about it since the album was complicated to get the rights to or something (?) and in response to a fan essentially said that the legal side had been wrapped-up the day before. This was years ago. I'm pretty sure Billy even said the whole project is finished quite a long time ago too. Billy is just sitting on it as far as I understand, no record labels or legal issues are stopping him from releasing it.

From what I understand the issue is basically getting the poo poo pressed on vinyl. The Gish, SD, and Adore records are still selling crazy and can't keep up with demand, MCIS is 4 LP with an expensive package and is HEAVILY backordered still. Machina is going to be at least 4 LP as well which they would have to take time away from the stuff that is already out, selling out instantly and backordered to release something else which will add one more thing to that boat. There just isn't enough plant capacity to do it all.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s also possible that known exaggerator and crazy guy billiam corgi is fibbing about a super costly repress of a (relatively speaking) obscure album to help keep himself in the good graces of his diehard fans so they’ll keep funding his current projects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

clearly they were made in the Lizard God's image.

One thing I've learned is that modern Christianity generally isn't monotheistic. If anything it's duotheistic as most tend to believe good and evil, and thus God and Satan, are equal beings. Or you know, Jesus and Lizardman.