Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

EMF and EMF 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

EMF and EMF 2

Which one's Eddie Guerrero?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

It’s hot out and I’m in the mood to drink some beer and watch some bloody death match bullshit, any good shows on fite I should check out? Like a GCW or something like that.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

It’s hot out and I’m in the mood to drink some beer and watch some bloody death match bullshit, any good shows on fite I should check out? Like a GCW or something like that.

Blake056's youtube channel if you want highlights with commentary.

Any of the Nick Gage Invitationals are great too, I believe all of them are on Fite.

If you have IWTV, the ICWNHB shows are great. I like the Kirks/Krule storyline but pick a random show and you'll have a great time. The gimmick of the ropes being chains is pulled off well.

Can't go wrong with any of the TODs from early CZW. 4 is famous for Gage dying, but the ones with Sick Nick Mondo are must watch. Cant remember if theyre on Fite but I'm pretty sure they are on youtube.

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 27, 2023

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Kvlt! posted:

Blake056's youtube channel if you want highlights with commentary.

Any of the Nick Gage Invitationals are great too, I believe all of them are on Fite.

If you have IWTV, the ICWNHB shows are great. I like the Kirks/Krule storyline but pick a random show and you'll have a great time. The gimmick of the ropes being chains is pulled off well.

Hmm Nick Gage Inivitationals definitely seems like a good bet. Also chains for ropes, I can definitely get into that :)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

Hmm Nick Gage Inivitationals definitely seems like a good bet. Also chains for ropes, I can definitely get into that :)

NGI are all great and feature a lot of deathmatch legends so def binge them if youre in the mood for a good bloody time!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chains for ropes is a lame gimmick that cuts off more cool options than it provides imo

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

counterpoint its badass

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I loving love ultraviolent deathmatch bullshit with gallons of blood and an irresponsible amount of broken glass but there’s some stuff like chains for ropes that just takes me right out of the “good times with crazy wrestling” zone and into the “this is kind of dumb and I don’t really care to watch it” zone.

I can’t get into those ICW pitfighter shows either, for whatever reason it just doesn’t work for me without a regular wrestling ring. I can just about get into no ropes barbed wire but it still doesn’t always get me.

It’s not just deathmatches to be fair, I don’t particularly enjoy the presentation of bloodsport shows either because of their ring set up with no ropes.

And yet a regular rear end falls count anywhere-style nonsense brawl all over a venue gets me hooting and hollering? :iiam:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thats a fair opinion to have but wrt bloodsport it isnt supposed to be a pro wrestling event so it makes sense theres no ropes. Like its worked but its supposed to be a catch wrestling/"grappling MMA" event.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

They should do a chain match with barbed wire wrapped around the chains. Have they ever done that before?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

They should do a chain match with barbed wire wrapped around the chains. Have they ever done that before?

Get this man a promotion to run.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

They need to start doing worked ganryujima bouts

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Watching Nick Gage Invitational 7, wish me luck

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wish you luck

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I am not saying this is one so much as writing down that it could be one & I would like to investigate further: Shinya Hashimoto's 3rd & final IWGP HW Title run, 96-97. Beats Nobuhiko Takada at the Dome in April '96, then runs through Kojima, Flair, Choshu, Yamazaki, Ogawa, Mutoh & Tenzan before dropping the belt to Kensuke Sasaki in August '97. '90s New Japan is a bit of a blank spot for me outwith some of the Junior Heavyweight stuff & I'd really like to actually see peak Hashimoto.

Hashimoto gets shafted by the rights issues on world, chunks of his iwgp matches are not there. Meaning here i am sitting on mat6tube.com watching his matches.

i was wrong they have most of them, just missing 4. His 1st iwgp win over Muta, his matches vs fujiwara and Power Warrior from his 2nd reign, and his match with Ogawa from his last.

Suplex Liberace fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 28, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's interesting to think about how much influence Hashimoto had on that first generation of ROH stars. Zero One was the company that brought Joe, Ki, London, Spanky and others on their first real Japanese tours and you could see the huge respect guys like Joe had for him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

It's interesting to think about how much influence Hashimoto had on that first generation of ROH stars. Zero One was the company that brought Joe, Ki, London, Spanky and others on their first real Japanese tours and you could see the huge respect guys like Joe had for him.

I love that someone in their office decided Spanky looked like Leonardo Di Caprio & therefore his name there was Leonardo Spanky. Always makes me smile thinking of that.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

MJF hit Darby with like a half-nelson package bomb tonight. Does that have some kind of more famous name as done by someone else? It should. That thing was insane.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

MJF hit Darby with like a half-nelson package bomb tonight. Does that have some kind of more famous name as done by someone else? It should. That thing was insane.

Made in japan I think.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yeah just from the description my mind went to Shingo's Made in Japan or YOSHI-HASHI's Karma

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Storm Cradle Driver

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

heche en mexico

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Your Vice Is A Locked Room And Only I Have The Key

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
And Paige hits the She Calls It the Death Walks On High Heels!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Another great move from Japan is the one sammy did where it's like a flipping ddt where he flips the dude and then plants a ddt on their way down

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Shard posted:

Another great move from Japan is the one sammy did where it's like a flipping ddt where he flips the dude and then plants a ddt on their way down

That's the Mass Driver, Toni Storm used it in NXT too

https://twitter.com/puroresuflow/status/1591844443967352832?s=46&t=vTNZavhRg3gJqoP7LCLG5A

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Your Vice Is A Locked Room And Only I Have The Key

Is this a zack sabre jr move

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

does anyone have the video of when a wrestler slid into the ring and overshot it and went all the way across and off the other side? I cant remember who it was

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kvlt! posted:

does anyone have the video of when a wrestler slid into the ring and overshot it and went all the way across and off the other side? I cant remember who it was

Daddy rear end, of course!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

I can never completely remember Kotaro Suzuki's moveset because they're all UC Gundam references lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kvlt! posted:

multiple people have done this b ut paul london did it often, always on purpose, but i can't find a good video of it. here';s a horrible one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAQyPT53VU4

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cavauro posted:

multiple people have done this b ut paul london did it often, always on purpose, but i can't find a good video of it. here';s a horrible one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAQyPT53VU4

This was the video i was thinking of, but the Daddy rear end one is my new favorite. Thank you both!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Defenestrategy posted:

Is this a zack sabre jr move

lol

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

When was barbed wire first used in wrestling? Earliest I could find proof of was Pepper Gomez & Luis Martinez beat Joe Christie & Maurice Vachon in 1957. Was that the first time or does anyone know any earlier uses?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Regarding Alexa Bliss, has WWE ever tried (or succeeded) in adding time to someone’s contract due to a pregnancy the way they do with injuries?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Regarding Alexa Bliss, has WWE ever tried (or succeeded) in adding time to someone’s contract due to a pregnancy the way they do with injuries?
I don't believe so. The impression I get is that after Dawn Marie's EEOC complaint and their settlement with her, they have made a point to not tempt fate and do anything that could at all be construed as retaliating against a pregnant woman, whether by firing her or extending her contract.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you Mister Bix

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1664081593814724609

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

harperdc posted:

Did Minoru Suzuki motion capture make it out of the PlayStation era of Tekken games? Pretty sure Namco had him do it for King in the first couple games.

apophenium posted:

Well, poo poo, I felt very strongly that I remembered a crunchy PS1 jaguar headed dude stepping up on someone's knee to demolish their face.

The only reason I know this is the case is because I remember someone asking in an FAQ for Giant Gram 2000 if the move was in the game and it wasn't because the game came out before Mutoh debuted the move, and Tekken 3 came out a few years before that game.

If I were to guess the first game to feature it would have been Fire Pro D on the DC but only as one of the free DLC moves that fans could vote to have made and one would be released by the devs every week for about a year.

apophenium posted:

And the two in that SANADA match were exactly why I asked in the first place believe it or not. Hiromu sells it well, but SANADA delivers it more like just a flying knee, no step up or anything. Oh well, that Mutoh one earlier was nice.

Yeah, that's one of the issues I have with most Shining Wizards these days. You rarely see the step up part which makes it far cooler.