Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

ewe2 posted:

This is definitely one of those fplus episodes I've had to listen to a few times because the logic flips so outrageously I was confused, it was a towering pile of stacked grifts.

I still don't know when it goes from the MedBed being unable to be used commercially because the OS detects any commercial use to it being able to be used commercially but only in a specific place during specific hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

i'm a bit disappointed they didn't cover testimonials or feedback but it'd probably all be really depressing "help I'm still dying!" stuff

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i still don't understand how to med my bed but at least i know how to blup my horse

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Grondoth posted:

I still don't know when it goes from the MedBed being unable to be used commercially because the OS detects any commercial use to it being able to be used commercially but only in a specific place during specific hours.

That's pretty much where I gave up on any logic and about where the helpless giggling at anything they read started. It dawned on me too that this was from another site which contradicts the grift from other, contradictory sites from the same guy. So you have one site not mentioning commercial use, another site all about commercial use with different nonsense licenses and versions of the software and rules about how anything works. At this point I can't tell whether they were trying to confuse people into going along with things or trying to cover all possible grift angles or just having a wonderful time.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Just listened to the two dozerfleet episodes. Are there any other episodes that cover similar self obsessed freaks?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beard Dandruff posted:

Just listened to the two dozerfleet episodes. Are there any other episodes that cover similar self obsessed freaks?

The episode about Johnathan Lee Riches is kind of that, in that it's entirely made-up lawsuits he filed about how various celebrities are conspiring against him: https://thefpl.us/episode/80

I think he's like, having a lot more fun (and is somewhat more self-aware) than Dozerfleet though, Dozerfleet never seems like he's... enjoying... anything he does.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also I have a theory (I don't remember if I shared it here or not) that the Thermodynamic Martinets guy is just Dozerfleet but in a parallel world where instead of growing up in a conservative, hateful household he grew up in a loving, caring household. Still writes lots of long weird screeds on the internet, but they're about inconsequential poo poo and he's clearly doing it for fun and not because he hates the gays and their evil condoms or whatever, he just wants to yell about star wars.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Beard Dandruff posted:

The audiophiles episode (featuring patrick82) and the Xbox cheevos episode (featuring bboy360) are my favorites

https://thefpl.us/episode/130
https://thefpl.us/episode/138

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I can't remember the name of the ep but the one about Amy Lee (not that one) is the perfect Dozerfleet companion

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Happy Landfill posted:

I can't remember the name of the ep but the one about Amy Lee (not that one) is the perfect Dozerfleet companion

Episode 97: Even Nonsense

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Beard Dandruff posted:

Extra Credit Episode 131: Don’t Like or Subscribe

Just endless self-documenting about absolutely nothing to clog up the internet.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit reads from one wiki that was four wikis and also likens objectumsexual to being nonbinary

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

oh my god it's two and a half hours long

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

oh my god it's two and a half hours long

:getin:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Lumbermouth posted:

oh my god it's two and a half hours long :D

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Normal sized ones are on the docket, we just had a lot to say!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
it's a Friday blessing! or a Friday curse!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

As a fellow College Campus Queer Group survivor I am alternating between vibing with the hosts and cringing on memories of interminable babbling cancellations

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The SCP episode taught me all about xenosexuality!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

“Cinnamon roll but also feral gremlin” just absolutely breaking Shell, this episode is incredible

Akumeoy
Aug 6, 2022

extremely large and incredibly huge
A few sites I found that, while weird and lengthy enough to be on the F Plus, probably wouldn't be funny to read on-air.

1. Film Reviews by the Maoist International Movement

It's exactly what it sounds like -- a bunch of film reviews by American Marxist-Leninist-Maoists in the late 90s and early 2000s, written very seriously through the lenses of class warfare, feminism, and anti-imperialism. A lot of its lines are great out of context:

A radical attack on class, nation and gender oppression: Shrek 2 posted:

"Using the past to serve the present as Mao instructed artists, the directors of "Shrek 2" rattle off cultural references like machine-gun fire."

The problem is that, if you've read one, you've read them all -- each time I try to dive into this site, I get bored after reading like two of them. The premise of the site is more interesting than its actual contents.

2. Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki

Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki:About posted:

The Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki is sometimes erroneously labeled by newer users, or users with few to little knowledge of hurricanes, as a "hurricane fanfic website". This wiki is here with the sole intention to store your fictional hurricane seasons and articles, which can be viewed by anyone — not to provide free of charge "hurricane fanfics".

It's a fanon wiki for hurricanes. As in, like, the tropical storm. It has over 15,000 pages, the vast majority of which have no interesting content whatsoever. Granted, I haven't looked deeply into this one, so maybe there's enough material in there for an episode, but I doubt it. If you ever want to dig in, follow your heart, but you'd have better luck revisiting the Supernanny Wikia.

Akumeoy fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 2, 2023

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Akumeoy posted:

It's a fanon wiki for hurricanes. As in, like, the tropical storm.

There has to be a DSM entry for this kind of syndrome.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

TVHypertrophism

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Oh man there's definitely some excellent hurricane fanfic on that wiki. Someone who's not a weather weird tell me how funny this is for you: https://hypotheticalhurricanes.fandom.com/wiki/Armageddon_Storm_Collin_(2027_-_Litia_Von_Lucerna)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Deformed Church posted:

Oh man there's definitely some excellent hurricane fanfic on that wiki. Someone who's not a weather weird tell me how funny this is for you: https://hypotheticalhurricanes.fandom.com/wiki/Armageddon_Storm_Collin_(2027_-_Litia_Von_Lucerna)

Okay the map where they just scribbled all over it to show its path is real cute :3:

I also like how the storm only ended when it left for space, as storms do

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I hit "The Holy Empire of Earth-Kalgamania" and got huge Dozerfleet vibes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The actual storm article isn't as funny as I had hoped, but it's all a prequel to the author's fictional country on another fanon wiki:

https://hypotheticalcitiescountries.fandom.com/wiki/Holy_Empire_of_Earth-Kalgamania

And I can already hear like, Kumquat just reading the loving table of contents for that page:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Deformed Church posted:

Ok that's definitely DSM territory, starts off comparatively normal but soon enough they become more and more intoxicated by the regenerative power of the storm, inventing new categories of cane leading to some very questionable black-hole physics.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Okay I found a winner: https://hypotheticalhurricanes.fandom.com/wiki/Vehement_Hyper_Mini_Black_Hole_Calvin

quote:

Hyper Mini Black Hole Calvin was the strongest tropical cyclone on record in the universe. Notably, Calvin exhibited characteristics of armageddon storms, black holicanes, hyper mini black holes, chaos storms and Theoretical and Existential black holes.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

"Fanom Wiki For My Made Up Right-Wing Global Empire" was not something I was prepared to read when I woke up this morning

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Man my Meteorology degree missed out on some poo poo

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I really like the little detail that aside from the basic facts like GDP, population, and how incredibly racist they are, the author has helpfully listed which side of the road each of their hypothetical empires drives on (it's the right).

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Chaos storm nerf when?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Nobody's gonna buy the loving model, it's just making everyone miserable. I hate poo poo like this. "Oh, everyone just chooses hyper-mini black holes or black holes, we gotta make it more interesting" but then it's like 300 bucks. Garbage.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Rolled the loving jackpot and got Musk today

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

My god, the word "stuffies" raises the hair on the back of my neck .

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I feel vaguely defensive of the word "stuffies," because it was the term my family used for them when I was a little kid, but I can agree that any adult using it for a present-tense collection is a red flag

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!
Man, I must have mandala effect’s myself into a different time loaf because yesterday I was absolutely convinced that F+ had done an episode about NERF enthusiasts a few years back that I felt like listening to again, but then looking at the archives there was no sign of it, on F+ or Extra Credit. Is my brain confusing F+ with another pod? It was full of lunatics arguing extensively about NERF guns with the same mad fervour that you see in regular gun enthusiast arguments.

I distinctly remember a bit with a massive database of NERF weapons and the readers being amazed by the size of it, and I’m definitely not confusing it with the water gun database in Supersoaker episode because I remember making that comparison myself in my head and being surprised that none of the readers in the episode did.

This is the first time my subconscious has apparently created an entire podcast episode from whole cloth. Maybe I need to lay off the weird radishes.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Shazaminator posted:

Man, I must have mandala effect’s myself into a different time loaf because yesterday I was absolutely convinced that F+ had done an episode about NERF enthusiasts a few years back that I felt like listening to again, but then looking at the archives there was no sign of it, on F+ or Extra Credit. Is my brain confusing F+ with another pod? It was full of lunatics arguing extensively about NERF guns with the same mad fervour that you see in regular gun enthusiast arguments.

I distinctly remember a bit with a massive database of NERF weapons and the readers being amazed by the size of it, and I’m definitely not confusing it with the water gun database in Supersoaker episode because I remember making that comparison myself in my head and being surprised that none of the readers in the episode did.

This is the first time my subconscious has apparently created an entire podcast episode from whole cloth. Maybe I need to lay off the weird radishes.

In this loaf it was about Super Soakers - https://thefpl.us/episode/305

I'd like to hear the one from your loaf, NERF enthusiasts sound funny as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

No, their loaf had both the supersoakers and the nerf guns. Our loaf had just one, their loaf is probably missing either the watch fetish or the glove fetish episode.